Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) (52203 Views)

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Aliyu333: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Little wonder why people go abroad for treatment. What a clumpsy and stupid mistake by a said professional.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Jethrolite(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
The hospital should start negotiating refunding the woman all that she spent and also add compensation or she goes to court. This case will not take long before a verdict is given.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by TIDDOLL(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is a colossal mistake!!!

So much Loss over a forgotten piece of gauze.

The Doctor and the hospital should be dealth with!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by famzynet: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Well
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dratine(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Abdulnur:
WTF is that? shocked

Summary pls.
Read. Read. And continue to read even if you don't understand at the beginning. You must understand at the end.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by buynaijagoods: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thank God for your life.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Acidosis(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
There should be zero tolerance for errors in the healthcare sector. Isn't that why Doctors earn higher than other graduates?

Disappointed1:

Please brothers and sister I need work, I'm not a graduate, but I can read and write but I'm not perfect,

[deleted]

I know everything about tailoring, but I don't know how to sew.

Then you don't know anything about tailoring. You need to edit that part of your story. Good luck bro, may help locate you.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by partnerbiz4: 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
tak heart
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by segebase(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
pukesssssss
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Almunjid(m): 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is an example of a typical Nigerian quack doctors!. Lol
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dominique(f): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
Metuh:

Are you above errors

Suing that will take the court 20years to decide? grin

Typical Nigerian thinking. So the foreign hospitals that gets sued for less severe errors are above mistake right? Court case won't drag for long if the reputation of the hospital is at stake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
dominique:

Typical Nigerian thinking. So the foreign hospitals that gets sued for less severe errors are above mistake right? Court case won't drag for long if the reputation of the hospital is at stake.

...foreign hospitals...get...

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Cmanforall: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
Brightgem:

Source - www.yourhealthattitude.com
It's quite unfortunate. And I wish her a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
That's how I went to upth for consultation and the doctors were just doing guess work. I stopped going there. I will take myself to university of Ibadan for proper diagnosis. Please who knows a doctor who can treat osteoarthritis on the knee... Thanks
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by SIRTee15: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2018
JoannaSedley:
They will soon blame the nurse as if na nurse performed the surgery.

So happy for Madame
The scrub nurse is culpable.....
She should have counted her gauze before n after surgery and make sure they tally....

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hmm

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by KingyKing: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
darkmarky:
That's how I went to upth for consultation and the doctors were just doing guess work. I stopped going there. I will take myself to university of Ibadan for proper diagnosis. Please who knows a doctor who can treat osteoarthritis on the knee... Thanks

You can go to see an orthopedic doctor or a physiotherapist.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
KingyKing:

You can go to see an orthopedic doctor or a physiotherapist.
recommend a good hospital for me bro.. I don't need someone who will be doing guess work while I waste money upandan..
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by brodalikeme(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
One basic part of a surgery is to take inventory of all the materials before and after surgery. Guess they were so careless and in a hurry to “close up” go home.

ANYBODY NOT PRAYING FOR SOUND HEALTH OR DIVINE HEALING IS DECEIVING HIS/HERSELF!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
This story just left my body with goose bumps.Is this negligence or a mistake?

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dokyOloye: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
JoannaSedley:

So happy for Madame
Depending on d hospital and d manpower, it can be d fault of d nurse.
A theatre nurse is d one in charge of instruments and consumables like gauze,sutures etc.
In my hospital, the theatre nurse keeps a record of d gauze,sutures and others given to d surgeon and his assistant and also a record of the number returned.
If they don't tally,it then prompts a search for the missing gauze.
You can't completely blame d doctor, sometimes during surgery,its crazy,blood gushing from multiple not easily accessible points,etc
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Chartey(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
JoannaSedley:

So happy for Madame
Actually, it's mostly the fault of the scrub nurse. She's responsible for keeping stock of gauze used to prevent something like this and also to be able to estimate blood loss.
The surgeons were also very careless.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Pancs(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
feel for her,thank God she made it through though.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by chukel(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Mistakes happen. But the hospital, the surgeon, anaesthetist, scrub nurse all need to be sued. This is an expensive mistake. They were careless. In surgery, a chat of every instrument, gauze, about mop etc is taken before surgery, before closing up and at the end of surgery. If they did that, they would know a piece of gauze was missing. Seriously, gone are the days these mistakes happen. If u probe further, that surgery wasn't done by a trained surgeon.( I mean one who has passed thru residency program)
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Ojuororun(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hmmmmmmn..... :' :'
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by KingyKing: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
darkmarky:
recommend a good hospital for me bro.. I don't need someone who will be doing guess work while I waste money upandan..

If you're in Lagos, you can go to Airforce hospital ikeja or Lasuth.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dokyOloye: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
HNO3:
Now you can all see how fake and incompetent our doctors are.
With all their incompetence, they keep demanding for unmerited allowances from every angle. This is why when they go outside the country to practice, they are all made to undergo further training over there before they can be certified to render their medical practice.
Get sense small oga.
Ask and know whose duty it is to keep in and out record of gauze used intra-op.
Ask.Don't let envy make you look foolish.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by pacino26(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
Grupo:
In 2016, a doctor gave me a wrong prescription that messed up the walls of my stomach. I'm still suffering the effects of that error up to this day.

I have come to realize that anytime naija doctors are not striking, asking for salary increase, they are giving wrong prescriptions or leaving foreign objects in people's body.

If you talk now, they say hospitals are underfunded. Abeg, is leaving a foreign object in a person's body due to poor funding?

O boy no talk before the "doctors are doing their best" crew arrive.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
KingyKing:

If you're in Lagos, you can go to Airforce hospital ikeja or Lasuth.
ehen now you are talking. I will visit the airforce hospital at Ikeja when I travel to Lagos. Thanks for the referral.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by ednut1(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
If u cant name the doc and hospital den y telling us. I lost a cousin in a similar manner his intestines were blocked
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babepink(f): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Please she should sue the hospital.no excuse of "no nobody is above mistakes.This is a mortal mistake

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / Pictures Of A Guy Washing His Joystick Where Oil Is Being Sold / Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.