Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) (52204 Views)

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by enonche85(m): 12:56am On Jun 24, 2018
thesicilian:

What I'm saying is that doctors are humans. And as such when they make mistakes, you look at the issues surrounding the mistake in an objective manner. For example, we haven't even heard from the hospital. As an enlightened person, you'll agree that no matter how compelling a one sided argument is, you still need to hear the other side before judgement. Do you know it's very possible the doctors may have offered a repeat surgery to find out what the problem was, and declined by the patient? Of course the patient will conveniently leave that out of her narrative.

What kind of medical practise is it to cut someone open just to diagnose what is wrong with them when there are series of tests u can do?, how does that even make sense to u?. It will further take the level of incompetence of the doctor/hospital to a higher level. Would u let ur self be cut open just to check what's wrong with u?.

The fact they could not discover their mistake and how long they took is the reason why they deserve to be sued and fined heavily.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Abdulnur(m): 2:30am On Jun 24, 2018
Tobycharles:

Lazy youth; You r one of them, giving Buhari the whimps to backlash.

Look--> angry
yua mad grin
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by frank41(m): 5:25am On Jun 24, 2018
Olalan:
So sorry for her, she's has gone through a whole lots of unquantifiable pains due someone's mistake which sometimes happens even in the most advanced countries.
A big slap on the face of the Nigerian healthcare system is the wrong diagnosis even after series of tests in different hospitals

I don't agreed with you bro...western or advanced countries can't be too careless to leave any object inside the body of the his/her patient.
Cos their licence will be withdrawn from them immediately.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 6:33am On Jun 24, 2018
enonche85:

In medicine, surgery to be precised, mistakes are not allowed. Surgeries are meant to be 1000% accurate, else that doctor should not be allowed anywhere near an operating theatre.

The doctor who performed that surgery deserved to have his licence revoked or suspended and the hospital should be sued and fined heavily for not been able to detect their mistake on time. Mistakes should never be allowed in medicine.

If this incident had happened abroad that doctor will never practice medicine ever again.

Illiterate, there is no perfect surgeon in the world, medical mistakes are a reality which should serve as a means to correct shortcomings and improve clinical practice .That is why I have vowed never to raise a finger outside my normal duty demands, or give free consultations or treatments to people who aren't my relatives. The average Nigerian is a spiteful, hateful cunt like you who does not deserve a single drop of empathy. You want world class treatment, pay 50k for consultation they will say it is too much na, are you resurrecting the dead? fucking ingrate

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babajeje123(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Yeye set of people. Look at the way they are justifying their gross incompetence calling it medical mistakes. It is really getting to a time when people will start suing your ass, getting you fined and jailed and seeing to the withdrawal of your license. By the time this happens to some of you, sense will fall on others.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 7:01am On Jun 24, 2018
babajeje123:
Yeye set of people. Look at the way they are justifying their gross incompetence calling it medical mistakes. It is really getting to a time when people will start suing your ass, getting you fined and jailed and seeing to the withdrawal of your license. By the time this happens to some of you, sense will fall on others.

Gross incompetence? For leaving a gauze in a patient? That has no reflection of the competence of the surgeon. It just means during one unfortunate surgery he and his team lost concentration and a medical mistake happened. It is so clear when people who could never smell the gates of med school during their miserable, mediocre, educational careers harp on topics like this and act like millions of lives are saved everyday by these so called overpaid quacks. If you have even a modicum of understanding of what it entails to go through med school, house job, nysc, six years of residency, you will never spew such filth and hate. You are simply a nonentity and a nincompoop.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2018
FYI, when you are the only doctor on duty for 24 hours non-stop, haven't slept in 2 days, haven't taken a bath in 3 days because you are a overworked, underpaid, exhausted Nigerian doctor working in a hospital where the theatre lights are normal bulbs that have been fixed on top the operating table, you are in the position for the perfect storm, a recipe for disaster. These freaks who do not know what it feels like to stand 10hours straight on your feet will now come and tell you that Nigerian doctors are incompetent. Awon anuofia. Animals.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babajeje123(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

Gross incompetence? For leaving a gauze in a patient? That has no reflection of the competence of the surgeon. It just means during one unfortunate surgery he and his team lost concentration and a medical mistake happened. It is so clear when people who could never smell the gates of med school during their miserable, mediocre, educational careers harp on topics like this and act like millions of lives are saved everyday by these so called overpaid quacks. If you have even a modicum of understanding of what it entails to go through med school, house job, nysc, six years of residency, you will never spew such filth and hate. You are simply a nonentity and a nincompoop.
What concerns me about you spending 6 years in a medical school? If you like, spend eternity there and that would be your heartache.
Can you even hear yourself? A Surgeon lost concentration and 'forgot' a gauze (well, it wasn't the first time. We've hear how you guys do forget surgical scissors too) in a patient and stitched her up. Month after, the patient began to experience pains and went to the same hospital. They ran series of tests and couldn't find what was wrong. Then, they began to mis diagonising. They said she might have cancer and was suggesting chemo, they said it could be liver or kidney failure. They continued to guess with her life... And you called all these mistakes? You are a joker! Don't worry, by the time you are sued, prosecuted, paid damages in their millions, and probably jailed, you will know that spending eternal life in a training institution doesn't make you competent.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2018
JoannaSedley:
[ :-Here they are. I said it. Nigerian doctors can never take responsibility for their actions but will always look for whom to blame. Funny how you remembered there are trained theatre nurses and scrub nurses while you use quacks in your mushroom hospitals. I hope they sue the doctors and the hospital for their money's worth. The quack have nothing to lose. Imagine recruiting someone who has nothing to lose in a sensitive area like health. So much for the high jamb score Dokitas What sort of erroneous mindset is this? Clean up as in how? Was that what you were thought? Cos that is wrong.
When you rely on another person to do your job you will end up losing your license in cases like this.
FYI. It is not the nurses responsibility to clean up after any physician/ doctor. Nurses are not cleaners dammit.The nurse is practicing nursing while the physician is practising Medicine. The clean up crew for each profession should be a member of the said profession. The doctor performed the surgery with a doctor assistant and they missed something...and a nurse is blamed. The first assist who is also a doctor is there for a reason.. Ain't that pathetic. What happened to checking before closing?
They will soon blame the nurse as if na nurse performed the surgery.

So happy for Madame
I said it
stop being ignorant. i am not saying this is not the doctors fault. it is a very costly mistake. The person you quoted has a point when she said the theatre nurse should assist the doctor. during every surgical procedure, the theatre/ scrub nurse is supposed to taken inventory of everything used for the surgery, e.g the number of every artery forceps and most especially the number of every abdo pack and gauze used. this is done to prevent situations like this and also to avoid misplacing instruments. if the theatre nurse counted it correctly she would hqve noticed an abdo pack was missing and this would never have happened. So yes the doctor shouldnt have left it inside, but remember it is easy to forget when saving one's life. So everyone should try and do their jobs as efficiently as they can. But thank God she survived this ordeal. We should all be careful
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

segeshow leave them alone. Nigerian masses are uneducated and ignorant. you are just going to beat a brick wall just leave them alone to spew hate and jealousy. we are above this
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babajeje123(m): 7:49am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:
FYI, when you are the only doctor on duty for 24 hours non-stop, haven't slept in 2 days, haven't taken a bath in 3 days because you are a overworked, underpaid, exhausted Nigerian doctor working in a hospital where the theatre lights are normal bulbs that have been fixed on top the operating table, you are in the position for the perfect storm, a recipe for disaster. These freaks who do not know what it feels like to stand 10hours straight on your feet will now come and tell you that Nigerian doctors are incompetent. Awon anuofia. Animals.
Every profession has their challenges. Teachers, lawyers, bankers even pepper seller will complain of unfavorable conditions in which they are working and discharging their duties professionally and competently. And guy, nobody forced you to be a doctor. You chose it and so bear the pay and the pain. But if think you are dying under the yoke of the pain, try another profession. Vulcanising might look good on you. We Nigerians don't want frustrated souls in our health facilities neither do we want incompetent hands who are not ready to bear the consequences of their actions and inactions.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2018
frank41:

I don't agreed with you bro...western or advanced countries can't be too careless to leave any object inside the body of the his/her patient.
Cos their licence will be withdrawn from them immediately.
it actually does happen in western countries, you just don't hear of it
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by owneebeghjou: 7:54am On Jun 24, 2018
dokyOloye:
Doctors all over Nigeria perform thousands of surgeries weekly under d most terrible conditions like no electricity, no working air conditioning,operating with phone torchlights,no automated anaesthesia machine,no ultrasound guidance, poor infection control,and worse.
Yet,they manage to keep the general public alive and well.
But anytime there's a mishap like is inevitable even in first world countries,ppl like you come and vent your inferiority complex and envy on doctors.
Well,its good a whole lot of us are out or planning to go out already,at least to get a better working environment.

My dear, my point is for our doctors to be more dedicated and understand that lives of their patient is at stake when there is mistake or error that would not be disclosed such as this. Even if going out as you have stated, would such mistake be made by a certified practioners without a sanction or even losing a license?
My point is straight and unbiased, the practitioners should begin to be held responsible for avoidable mistakes/errors.

If stories such as this are published as I stated, it creates awareness amongst other practitioners and as such they avoid same mistakes. I believe you won't like to find your self or a loved one in the situation of this patient, likewise I wouldn't also.

For the record: I don't envy doctors and I am not inferior to them, I can't do a doctor's job and a doctor can't do my job. But when patients trust you to treat and heal as you have been trained and you caused avoidable complications on them, it is enough to cause a vent. Again if it was outside of this country, you wouldn't even blame my venting. In my profession, they say: if you can't do it well, don't do it at all.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Osolo1(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2018
This same issue if carelessness was why a bread winner of a family was buried at the age of 53 just yesterday, he went through a surgical operation for treating a ruptured appendix and he ended up dead because of some unexplained complications. Mind you he was already recuperating after the surgery and BTW,the surgery was done in a first class teaching hospital. Bottom line,life is treated with little or no respect in our health sector both public and private, everyone of the health practitioners are just after the money. I went to a pharmacy to get honey to treat abdominal ulcer,which is an affordable natural option, guess what? The pharmacist was bent on convincing me to buy some very expensive drugs that I would have to repeat severally,not to talk of the side effects of some of this concentrated poison we call drugs.God help us.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2018
Osolo1:
This same issue if carelessness was why a bread winner of a family was buried at the age of 53 just yesterday, he went through a surgical operation for treating a ruptured appendix and he ended up dead because of some unexplained complications. Mind you he was already recuperating after the surgery and BTW,the surgery was done in a first class teaching hospital. Bottom line,life is treated with little or no respect in our health sector both public and private, everyone of the health practitioners are just after the money. I went to a pharmacy to get honey to treat abdominal ulcer,which is an affordable natural option, guess what? The pharmacist was bent on convincing me to buy some very expensive drugs that I would have to repeat severally,not to talk of the side effects of some of this concentrated poison we call drugs.God help us.

Ha ha ha, youre so stuuupiid i find it absolutely hilarious. Peptic ulcer disease is caused by a bacteria called h.pylori, that is the modern understanding of the pathology. Drink 8 gallons of honey and dont eradicate the organism with proper antibiotics and PPI. After a couple of months the ulcer will bleed and perforate, then you will bring your smelly , non-deodorant wearing ass to the hospital and expect me to perform a miracle when bacteria is pouring from your gastrintestinal tract into your blood stream. Then when you die, you and your equally ignorant relatives will be looking for incompetent doctor to blame, when in actual fact your gross stupidity and refusal to read a fucking book when you could have, would have saved your miserable life. Keep wallowing in your folly, im quite sure i will meet you sooner than later. what a fucking slowpoke on Sunday morning. You need an exorcist to remove the stupid demon in you.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Osolo1(m): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

Ha ha ha, youre so stuuupiid i find it absolutely hilarious. Peptic ulcer disease is caused by a bacteria called h.pylori, that is the modern understanding of the pathology. Drink 8 gallons of honey and dont eradicate the organism with proper antibiotics and PPI. After a couple of months the ulcer will bleed and perforate, then you will bring your smelly , non-deodorant wearing ass to the hospital and expect me to perform a miracle when bacteria is pouring from your gastrintestinal tract into your blood stream. Then when you die, you and your equally ignorant relatives will be looking for incompetent doctor to blame, when in actual fact your gross stupidity and refusal to read a fucking book when you could have, would have saved your miserable life. Keep wallowing in your folly, im quite sure i will meet you sooner than later. what a fucking slowpoke on Sunday morning. You need an exorcist to remove the stupid demon in you.
And you had to be so abusive in your learned response, what an enlightenment fellow you are.In my humble opinion,some of you actually suffer from complex issues.I would never descend to your level in response.Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Protein0: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2018
Osolo1:
if I may ask, did the appendix rupture while on admission in an hospital? Or better still, how many days did he spend between the complaints of abdominal pains and the surgery, and where did he spend the days? Thanks
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Protein0: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

chief, hafa na?
I wish to know, is H. Pylori the cause of all PUD?
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Protein0: 9:09am On Jun 24, 2018
enonche85:

What kind of medical practise is it to cut someone open just to diagnose what is wrong with them when there are series of tests u can do?, how does that even make sense to u?. It will further take the level of incompetence of the doctor/hospital to a higher level. Would u let ur self be cut open just to check what's wrong with u?.

The fact they could not discover their mistake and how long they took is the reason why they deserve to be sued and fined heavily.
Google exploratory laparotomy sir which was more or less what her uncle and his team later did or why do you think she was opened up?
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Brightgem(f): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2018
thesicilian:

What I'm saying is that doctors are humans. And as such when they make mistakes, you look at the issues surrounding the mistake in an objective manner. For example, we haven't even heard from the hospital. As an enlightened person, you'll agree that no matter how compelling a one sided argument is, you still need to hear the other side before judgement. Do you know it's very possible the doctors may have offered a repeat surgery to find out what the problem was, and declined by the patient? Of course the patient will conveniently leave that out of her narrative.
Well that didn't happen, hopefully we will give an update on this story as we continue to seek redress, because if u read properly the talk of another surgery only came a year later and not with the same hospital, when her system was completely upside down.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2018
Protein0:
chief, hafa na?
I wish to know, is H. Pylori the cause of all PUD?

almost 98%, it is essentially treated as an infectious disease in modern climes and h.pylori eradication is mandatory after surgery for perforation or bleeding. surgeries like vagotomies are no longer performed because pharmaceutical vagotomies are equally effective in acid reduction. the adage has changed from no acid no ulcer to no h.pylori no ulcer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_peptic_ulcer_disease_and_Helicobacter_pylori
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Osolo1(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2018
segeshow Please do read up on how honey has been used to treat ulcers in various countries and update your knowledge, Googleis free,come back and thank me later.I was operated on in 1997 to treat a ruptured appendix surgically, the wounds were not healing fast and a nurse suggested dressing the wounds with honey,in a matter of three days the wounds sealed up.So I know of the power of healing and other health benefits of natural honey God has shown me a while ago.This could help you in your profession.Thanks
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2018
Osolo1:
segeshow Please do read up on how honey has been used to treat ulcers in various countries and update your knowledge, Googleis free,come back and thank me later.I was operated on in 1997 to treat a ruptured appendix surgically, the wounds were not healing fast and a nurse suggested dressing the wounds with honey,in a matter of three days the wounds sealed up.So I know of the power of healing and other health benefits of natural honey God has shown me a while ago.This could help you in your profession.Thanks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_peptic_ulcer_disease_and_Helicobacter_pylori
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Brightgem(f): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2018
Abdulnur:

I read, wow, that what a fight won.

But the hospital should be sued angry they'll compensate and sit up.
Welldone! That's berra!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Osolo1(m): 9:38am On Jun 24, 2018
Protein0:
if I may ask, did the appendix rupture while on admission in an hospital? Or better still, how many days did he spend between the complaints of abdominal pains and the surgery, and where did he spend the days? Thanks
Initially they were treating typhoid cos of the symptoms he presented,5 days later he was diagnosed of ruptured appendix, he was wheeled into the theater the sixth day and operated on.While recuperating in the hospital he complained of pains for about another 5 days and gave up about 3 days later.In total he spent about two weeks in the hospital .BTW I had a similar case back in 1997.God had a hand in my survival aside the doctors.Dr Bala God bless you wherever you are.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Segeshow: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2018
Osolo1:

everyone of the health practitioners are just after the money . When you make insinuations like this, you are asking to be insulted. I agree most doctors, rather most doctors that know their onions have a complex. We can be very condescending and insulting when faced with behaviour and attitude we deem to be unintelligent. Watch HOUSE M.D, that is how a typical doctor thinks, even if some are too decent and empathetic to say what is in their minds. BTW not everything on Google is a medical fact. Read medical journals and peer review articles to see and understand how before a medical fact is accepted worldwide , it has to undergo rigorous academic scrutiny.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Osolo1(m): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

everyone of the health practitioners are just after the money . When you make insinuations like this, you are asking to be insulted. I agree most doctors, rather most doctors that know their onions have a complex. We can be very condescending and insulting when faced with behaviour and attitude we deem to be unintelligent. Watch HOUSE M.D, that is how a typical doctor thinks, even if some are too decent and empathetic to say what is in their minds. BTW not everything on Google is a medical fact. Read medical journals and peer review articles to see and understand how before a medical fact is accepted worldwide , it has to undergo rigorous academic scrutiny.
Am sure you also read the part where I referred to a previous experience I had with the use of Natural honey in treating a post surgical wound.That would not require medical certification from some medical bodies I guess. Honey inhibits the growth of bacteria naturally without any side effect,that is a fact,yes not all information gotten from Google are verifiable,its a gateway to different sources of information ,you just have to be able to sort them so as to get the right info.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by thesicilian: 12:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
enonche85:

It's not as though you are not making sense bro, it's just that your comments are full of sense and nonsense in almost equal proportions, to the extent that your whole submission becomes null and void at best.
Why not read up exploratory laparotomy , the surgery that was eventually done for this lady? Wikipedia may be your best friend in this case.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by thesicilian: 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Brightgem:
Well that didn't happen, hopefully we will give an update on this story as we continue to seek redress, because if u read properly the talk of another surgery only came a year later and not with the same hospital, when her system was completely upside down.
I thank God she survived the ordeal, and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Babacele: 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Brightgem:
just thinking aloud : don't you think that a video of all surgeries in any hospital is necessary and important; and should be accessible to a board? At least we would have discovered that that plaster had suddenly disappeared!
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by enonche85(m): 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
Segeshow:

Illiterate, there is no perfect surgeon in the world, medical mistakes are a reality which should serve as a means to correct shortcomings and improve clinical practice .That is why I have vowed never to raise a finger outside my normal duty demands, or give free consultations or treatments to people who aren't my relatives. The average Nigerian is a spiteful, hateful cunt like you who does not deserve a single drop of empathy. You want world class treatment, pay 50k for consultation they will say it is too much na, are you resurrecting the dead? fucking ingrate

I will choose not to further reply a pig like u.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by JoannaSedley(f): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
funmisticqueen:
stop being ignorant. i am not saying this is not the doctors fault. it is a very costly mistake. [b]The person you quoted has a point when she said the theatre nurse should assist the doctor. during every surgical procedure, [/b]the theatre/ scrub nurse is supposed to taken inventory of everything used for the surgery, e.g the number of every artery forceps and most especially the number of every abdo pack and gauze used. this is done to prevent situations like this and also to avoid misplacing instruments. if the theatre nurse counted it correctly she would hqve noticed an abdo pack was missing and this would never have happened. So yes the doctor shouldnt have left it inside, but remember it is easy to forget when saving one's life. So everyone should try and do their jobs as efficiently as they can. But thank God she survived this ordeal. We should all be careful
You only get all this in ideal situations...especially.in standard hospitals where specialised professionals are employed. But in most of our private hospitals ( case in point where this surgery was performed), you may find out that the surgeon Is the only educated person in the theatre while the rest are quacks, and even at that, competency of the doctor is not guaranteed as the doctor may not have passed through a residency programme. Which left us with bunch of quacks parading around seeking for whom to devour.
Per the bolded, the person I quoted wrote something else from the word assist you are throwing around. The person whose job it is to clean up after the surgeon is the surgeon himself/herself assisted by the first assist who is operating with the surgeon. Presently, most first assist in Nigerian hospitals are the residents ( doctors).
Not trying to cover anybody but it is time doctors blame themselves for once.

My question remains: was the abdo pack us as a tamponade? How is it possible to forget something that big in someone so fragile?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / Pictures Of A Guy Washing His Joystick Where Oil Is Being Sold / Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.