Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) (52206 Views)

Some Nigerian Doctors Forget Tools Inside Stomach After Surgery!!!! / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by thesicilian: 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
enonche85:

In medicine, surgery to be precised, mistakes are not allowed. Surgeries are meant to be 1000% accurate, else that doctor should not be allowed anywhere near an operating theatre.

The doctor who performed that surgery deserved to have his licence revoked or suspended and the hospital should be sued and fined heavily for not been able to detect their mistake on time. Mistakes should never be allowed in medicine.

If this incident had happened abroad that doctor will never practice medicine ever again.
With all due respect, I have to say your comment is full of ignorance. Even robotic surgeries (surgeries performed by machines known as robots) are not even 100% free of errors. I don't blame you though, if you have ever been opportuned to be in a live theatre you'll not be saying this.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Maket: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Disappointed1:
Thank God for her life

Please brothers and sister I need work, I'm not a graduate, but I can read and write but I'm not perfect,

I'm very good in talking to customers meaning I can do any business, if you're running a fashion house, I can work for you also I've ideas for fabrics any kind, I do travel to Aba to buy fabrics, I know everything about tailoring, but I don't know how to sew.

I need work please just to help my mum she tried slot for me, my senior brother is married with kids he can't do it alone.

I'm hard working, in my early 20s from. IMO state

I live in ikotun part of Lagos

I can do any legit job please

Thanks

YOU CAN READ MY STORY HERE
https://www.nairaland.com/4577581/please-bother-needs#68735245

First change your name to APPOINTED

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Protein0: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
chukel:
If u probe further, that surgery wasn't done by a trained surgeon.( I mean one who has passed thru residency program)
best comment so far, thumbs up.
More than half of everyone answering "doctor" in Nigeria isn't a doctor actually. I've no doubt that the CS was done in a private hospital, there was most likely no theatre nurse during the surgery, a quack sec school drop out/leaver, bearing "nurse", was most likely left to administer anaesthetic agents on the orders of the "doctor". If per adventure the surgeon was a trained doctor, then he was most likely the only trained health personnel in that theatre that day.

Health sector, like other sectors in abroad are better than ours but are their citizens too like us? An oyinbo patient will kill you with questions if you must be his or health provider. In fact, they know more than you can ever imagine. It takes them a little chat with the "doctor" or ”nurse" to recognise danger, and once they report quackry to the concerned govt agency, they're assured of justices. Afterall, most hospitals parading quacks are licensed by the govt cry cry cry.
What a failed country.

I thank God for the woman. She's a conqueror. Many have died from similar cases and even paid the quack/negligent personnels for the "murders". This is Nigeria, where weird things are normalised. It's well sad

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babajeje123(m): 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
MrBigiman:

Stop speaking with sentiments. Last year John Hopkins, one of the top 5 hospital in the world, did a research and found that the highest cause of death in their hospital wasn't Diabetes or hypertension, but Doctors error. Humans are bound to make errors, even the best of Surgeons. That's why systems are left to minimise these errors. e.g A drug prescribed has to go to the dispensary, where the pharmacist can spot an error in prescription, and salvage an impending disaster. A scrub nurse should count the number of Abdopacks and instruments to avoid a disaster. I hope the hospital is sued, so they get their acts right, that's if the story is true.
Stop speaking lies. The research was carried out in 2016 and the result is different from what you stated here. Open the link
https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/05/03/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death/
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HNO3: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
dokyOloye:

Get sense small oga.
Ask and know whose duty it is to keep a in and out record of gauze used intra-op.
Ask.Don't let envy make you look foolish.
Stop shifting blames to the nurses. Is only when it comes to allowances that doctors feels that they are in charge
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HNO3: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
[s]
Joshaw806:
u r very sick.cnt u fink of many life's dt has bin saved by them.she was brot in to d hosp unconscious.even in Canada or Us,mistakes still happen.stella was operated on in Germany with a procedure dt has a 99 percent success rate but she died from d surgery.
Nd dnt forget ds is lag,quacks r everywhr
[/s]
Your generation is sick...and may you all be wiped out from the surface of the earth
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by babajeje123(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
MrBigiman:

Stop speaking with sentiments. Last year John Hopkins, one of the top 5 hospital in the world, did a research and found that the highest cause of death in their hospital wasn't Diabetes or hypertension, but Doctors error. Humans are bound to make errors, even the best of Surgeons. That's why systems are left to minimise these errors. e.g A drug prescribed has to go to the dispensary, where the pharmacist can spot an error in prescription, and salvage an impending disaster. A scrub nurse should count the number of Abdopacks and instruments to avoid a disaster. I hope the hospital is sued, so they get their acts right, that's if the story is true.
Stop speaking lies. The research was carried out in 2016 and the result is different from what you stated here. Open the link
Nigeria doctors have taught me how to confirm their claims using Google grin cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HNO3: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
bpalace:

Olodo the ones that removed the "guaze" are not doctors?...
Or is it not the responsibility of the nurse to count instruments after surgery...pads, guaze, and towels included
You are a daft. What do you know?
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dokyOloye: 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
HNO3:

Stop shifting blames to the nurses. Is only when it comes to allowances that doctors feels that they are in charge
Lolz.Ask d nurses,if blood start to flow like water from a burst high pressure pipe,dem de para,dem go shift back,na d doctor go save d day grin
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HNO3: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
[s]
dokyOloye:
Lolz.Ask d nurses,if blood start to flow like water from a burst high pressure pipe,dem de para,dem go shift back,na d doctor go save d day grin
[/s]
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by badesco(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
The doctor involved should be Jailed without an option of fine.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by owneebeghjou: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Stories like these one should not just be restricted to a forum like this, this kind of story should be on a national daily or broadcast on a national TV. It is high time Medical practitioners be held responsible for their mistakes or carelessness. Many patients have lost their lives for reasons of such mistakes, worst still, people die for not knowing what killed them due to medical mistakes leading to health complications. From wrong prescription, wrong diagnosis, wrong doses to covering it all up and the secrecy to not reveal mistakes of each other, it goes on and on.

The fact as I see it is that, lots of the practitioners are in for the money and the accolades, they shuttle between 2 to 3 jobs everyday but doesn't take responsibility as the job requires, no phsycological check. Doctors in this part of the world does not give a da*n about anybody except that they come to work late, close early, go on strike, and make mistakes but only a very small percentage of them are dedicated.

How many more mistakes does people have to die for?
How many more people have to die of unknown complications?
How many more medical mistakes have to be swept under the carpet?
How many more incompetent medical student has to be certified as medical doctors?
For how long shall we continue like this?
How did we get here?

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HSfoundation(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
darkmarky:
That's how I went to upth for consultation and the doctors were just doing guess work. I stopped going there. I will take myself to university of Ibadan for proper diagnosis. Please who knows a doctor who can treat osteoarthritis on the knee... Thanks

Shebi you have made diagnosis already? ReD up the treatment of osteoarthritis on Google now Yeye. After yabbing Drs yet looking for one to treat you
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
HSfoundation:

Shebi you have made diagnosis already? ReD up the treatment of osteoarthritis on Google now Yeye. After yabbing Drs yet looking for one to treat you
I didn't yab doctors.. I yabbed upth doctors.. Don't be stupid.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HSfoundation(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
overall90:
This story get as be.
how does an object that is supposed to be lodged in the abdominal cavity got pulled out via the rectum??
anybody who has basic knowledge of anatomy will understand that except she didn't fully understand what was done for her.

This is response is golden.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HSfoundation(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
darkmarky:
I didn't yab doctors.. I yabbed upth doctors.. Don't be stupid.

And upth doctors are Babalawo abi?
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
HSfoundation:

And upth doctors are Babalawo abi?
they are clueless..
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by HSfoundation(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2018
darkmarky:
they are clueless..

Over generalization is your problem, besides you would for sure get 's similar response at uch where you so admire. FYI I AM A DR
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by MrBigiman: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
babajeje123:

OK.U at least confirmed, that it's a leading cause of death. 3rd for that matter. So if John Hopkins can be sincere in their research. How about Nigeria. It's the patients prerogative to escalate the case, and it's the hospitals right to also defend themselves. But as long as the human realm exist, human error is unavoidable.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by sisisioge: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
Holy smoke! Haaaaa! It is well! I thank God for her life. Please sue them for all they've got! Whew!

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by darkmarky(m): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
HSfoundation:

Over generalization is your problem, besides you would for sure get 's similar response at uch where you so admire. FYI I AM A DR
you talk as if you have been in my condition. Wait until someone makes you spend so much money without seeing results..

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by enonche85(m): 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
MrBigiman:

My point is, errors are not entertained or allowed. My anger is that the hospital and the doctor could not discover their mistake. So should the hospital or doctor involved go un purnished?.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by enonche85(m): 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
thesicilian:

With all due respect, I have to say your comment is full of ignorance. Even robotic surgeries (surgeries performed by machines known as robots) are not even 100% free of errors. I don't blame you though, if you have ever been opportuned to be in a live theatre you'll not be saying this.

In other words u saying the doctor or hospital should not be sanctioned because they are allowed or prone to make mistakes?. I am not a medical practitioner, but I know what should be done rightly in medicine.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by enonche85(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
My anger about the op's story is not even that the doctor/hospital made an error which they should answer for, but for the fact that they could not discover their careless mistake for months and that shows incompetence.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Abdulnur(m): 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
Brightgem:
don't be a lazy Nigerian yoot! READ!

I read, wow, that was a fight won.

But the hospital should be sued angry they'll compensate and sit up.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Abdulnur(m): 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
dratine:
Read. Read. And continue to read even if you don't understand at the beginning. You must understand at the end.

undecided
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by thesicilian: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
enonche85:

In other words u saying the doctor or hospital should not be sanctioned because they are allowed or prone to make mistakes?. I am not a medical practitioner, but I know what should be done rightly in medicine.
What I'm saying is that doctors are humans. And as such when they make mistakes, you look at the issues surrounding the mistake in an objective manner. For example, we haven't even heard from the hospital. As an enlightened person, you'll agree that no matter how compelling a one sided argument is, you still need to hear the other side before judgement. Do you know it's very possible the doctors may have offered a repeat surgery to find out what the problem was, and declined by the patient? Of course the patient will conveniently leave that out of her narrative.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Tobycharles: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2018
Abdulnur:
WTF is that? shocked

Summary pls.

Lazy youth; You r one of them, giving Buhari the whimps to backlash.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by emmanuelex1(m): 12:03am On Jun 24, 2018
Some mistakes are unacceptable, this is one of them.
Metuh:

No o. A Pro is a machine, he shouldn't make any mistakes in his life.

Mtcggeeew
a
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by Tobycharles: 12:08am On Jun 24, 2018
The mistake was too costly, just imagine the excruciating pain and mystery an innocent soul is being subjected to...

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by dokyOloye: 12:38am On Jun 24, 2018
owneebeghjou:
Stories like these one should not just be restricted to a forum like this, this kind of story should be on a national daily or broadcast on a national TV. It is high time Medical practitioners be held responsible for their mistakes or carelessness. Many patients have lost their lives for reasons of such mistakes, worst still, people die for not knowing what killed them due to medical mistakes leading to health complications. From wrong prescription, wrong diagnosis, wrong doses to covering it all up and the secrecy to not reveal mistakes of each other, it goes on and on.

The fact as I see it is that, lots of the practitioners are in for the money and the accolades, they shuttle between 2 to 3 jobs everyday but doesn't take responsibility as the job requires, no phsycological check. Doctors in this part of the world does not give a da*n about anybody except that they come to work late, close early, go on strike, and make mistakes but only a very small percentage of them are dedicated.

How many more mistakes does people have to die for?
How many more people have to die of unknown complications?
How many more medical mistakes have to be swept under the carpet?
How many more incompetent medical student has to be certified as medical doctors?
For how long shall we continue like this?
How did we get here?
Doctors all over Nigeria perform thousands of surgeries weekly under d most terrible conditions like no electricity, no working air conditioning,operating with phone torchlights,no automated anaesthesia machine,no ultrasound guidance, poor infection control,and worse.
Yet,they manage to keep the general public alive and well.
But anytime there's a mishap like is inevitable even in first world countries,ppl like you come and vent your inferiority complex and envy on doctors.
Well,its good a whole lot of us are out or planning to go out already,at least to get a better working environment.
Re: The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) by CDCEO001: 12:47am On Jun 24, 2018
That thing is big na. How can they forget it? This should be investigated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Best Insecticide For Lagosian Mosquitoes? / Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / Pictures Of A Guy Washing His Joystick Where Oil Is Being Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.