Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! (71318 Views)

Spent About 14,500 On This Sweet Okra Soup that will last 6 months. / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / Recommend N3k Soup That Will Last For 1 Week For A Family Of 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by passey: 12:26am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

Okay..

Ingredients :
Shaki,meat,dried fish, egusi, fresh pepper, palm oil, tomatoes, onion, pumpkin (ugu) or bitter leaf, crayfish and Maggi.

Method :
Heat the oil on the fire. Grind and mix the melon with water into paste, grind the tomatoes, pepper, onion and fry in the already heated oil. Add salt and Maggi to taste, leave to summer for about 5-10minutes and add the mixed melon, add the boiled shaki ,meat ,dried fish and crayfish and add little water and vegetable leaf to allow to cook for sometime until it is ready to be served.

Nice and clear instructions... But me I want to leave my own to WINTER for about 5mins... Just kidding... Ha ha ha ha
This is a beautiful, lighthearted post... Better than those depressive and sad posts.

Lovely!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by akee01(m): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2018
[quote author=Mariangeles post=68812163]You need a binder...either achi or offor

Next time, when you're grinding your egusi in the market, tell the seller to add achi or offor...about #50 worth will do or even less depending on the quantity of your egusi.

Don't mind those typing nonsense... Next time, if you have any questions about your cooking, you can ask on the cook and post thread.
Nobody will make fun of you there.

Pls WATS ofor and achi?
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Mariangeles(f): 12:34am On Jun 26, 2018
[quote author=akee01 post=68823021][/quote]Achi or offor are thickeners...the seller would know when you ask for it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by CaptainFM1: 12:43am On Jun 26, 2018
Simple problem with simple solution. Get a mesh or sieve and filter out the water. It seems you are stingy with yourself....Do you want to eat the soup for 1month?
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Organs(m): 12:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Bros, there is division of labour in Nigeria. Woman/girlfriend belongs in the kitchen and za oza room. Go and get a babe or wife to do the cooking while you go do some manly chore. Make i no see you around pot, oil and egusi again. Imagine, a whole Nmadu handling crayfish pepper and onions... while your mates are in sambisa fighting bokoharam.... nonsense.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by vivvyo(m): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2018
wat a wonderful way to start a new day

someone said op should add bitter kola,
another called it one corner soup

lwkmd

2 Likes

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by itzjwizzy(m): 1:08am On Jun 26, 2018
cheesy grin grin
asuustrike2009:

Sharap here grin grin grin grin grin grin.The red sea didn't divide like this grin cheesy grin grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by itzjwizzy(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2018
Michelle55:
hian! bros you don land.. which one be too little meat again?someone can comfortably prepare egusi soup with or without meat (done that couple of times sef) Op if need you step by step on how to prepare it, contact me but it's not free sha
Why not free na? sad
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by itzjwizzy(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2018
grin grin grin
Albinoworwor:
The ingredients wan play corner kick grin grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by itzjwizzy(m): 1:11am On Jun 26, 2018
grin grin grin
eghuan1:

What is it with this picture na, you no know say na gala and malt I chop sleep?
and person come de worse ya appetite? grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by czaratwork: 1:53am On Jun 26, 2018
Use thickner like pounded yam or grinded quaker oat.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by UNRULY(m): 2:01am On Jun 26, 2018
sexdoll:
the soup looks very rich and very okay.

in fact, i caught myself salivating... wink
sali what?

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Almunjid(m): 2:26am On Jun 26, 2018
The main ingredient in this soup is water and onions. Lol
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by vinegurl(f): 2:40am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

What do you mean by "you even tried being a man”?

See how primitive, uncivilized and patriarchal the Nigerian society is.

So men don't cook and shouldn't bother?

I still don't understand the rationale behind this you're man so you tried comment..
Oga elder, don't pour your frustration on me, it was just a friendly comment and not a fight. There is enough space on this forum for you to speak up your mind. It is not amust to qoute me. Take your frustration off me biko sir.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by truely: 2:40am On Jun 26, 2018
Una no go kill person for this nairaland...Lol........ smiley smiley smiley nothing wey you no go fit see finish for this nairaland...dis one wey Onion represent meat for your soup so lipsrsealed Ha APC una don see wetin una cause and you still want Progress from una deceitful Change. E no go work ![/quote]
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by mamaafrik(m): 2:51am On Jun 26, 2018
you have dam_ed the Great yanktze River and channeled it enter this one ooooooo,onions meat,wayioo,opari po
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by enemyofprogress: 3:04am On Jun 26, 2018
See the soup looking like small pikin shiiiiiit
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Ishilove: 3:17am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:
I'm frustrated. This is the third time that I'm facing this issue. I don't know what I did to my village people. �

Why is it that anytime I cook Egwusi soup, the soup will divide itself into two? The egwusi/vegetables/ingredients will go one side and the water will go the other side. Out of frustrations, I have finished the meat and I'm about to get rid of the soup now. I don't know what else to do. I'm frustrated.

Please, my people, I need your help urgently. How can I make a good Egwusi soup that the ingredients doesn't quarrel with the water? If you have the step-by-step guide on how to make a good Egwusi soup, please send it to me because that's my favourite soup. Make me, *Frank Umeadi* happy, please.

Note: This does not mean that I'm not a good husband material o. I'm just preparing myself and I believe that no time is late.

Thank you so much as I await your positive response.
Egusi is not enough and water too much. You also didn't steam the melon long enough.

Next time steam it on low heat and keep stirring until it thickens and forms balls. Make sure you stir continously otherwise it will burn without thickening.

Key word here is steam. Don't go and pour one jerrycan of water inside in the name of cooking.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:
I'm frustrated. This is the third time that I'm facing this issue. I don't know what I did to my village people. �

Why is it that anytime I cook Egwusi soup, the soup will divide itself into two? The egwusi/vegetables/ingredients will go one side and the water will go the other side. Out of frustrations, I have finished the meat and I'm about to get rid of the soup now. I don't know what else to do. I'm frustrated.

Please, my people, I need your help urgently. How can I make a good Egwusi soup that the ingredients doesn't quarrel with the water? If you have the step-by-step guide on how to make a good Egwusi soup, please send it to me because that's my favourite soup. Make me, *Frank Umeadi* happy, please.

Note: This does not mean that I'm not a good husband material o. I'm just preparing myself and I believe that no time is late.

Drain the excess water simple.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by pfadom: 3:46am On Jun 26, 2018
This is graphic!!!
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Andrew3(m): 3:48am On Jun 26, 2018
all that water is from the vegetable.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by janejive(f): 4:20am On Jun 26, 2018
Can't stop laughing grin grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 4:36am On Jun 26, 2018
This should be in jokes section, the thread name is really funny.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by femi4: 4:39am On Jun 26, 2018
EbukaHades10:
It is called Onion meat. I do it most if not all the time.
Poverty mentality
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by josessybj: 4:54am On Jun 26, 2018
The soup be like river naija.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Babyforever(f): 5:09am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

Okay..

Ingredients :
Shaki,meat,dried fish, egusi, fresh pepper, palm oil, tomatoes, onion, pumpkin (ugu) or bitter leaf, crayfish and Maggi.

Method :
Heat the oil on the fire. Grind and mix the melon with water into paste, grind the tomatoes, pepper, onion and fry in the already heated oil. Add salt and Maggi to taste, leave to summer for about 5-10minutes and add the mixed melon, add the boiled shaki ,meat ,dried fish and crayfish and add little water and vegetable leaf to allow to cook for sometime until it is ready to be served.
Awwww see husband material kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by JOHNANET: 5:16am On Jun 26, 2018
No be small thing! The color combination blend well.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by ev4real(m): 5:40am On Jun 26, 2018
lobell:
Get the app from playstore and cook your way to greatness.

Search for 'Mama's Kitchen' designed by lobell solutions network and thank me later.
Your app is always crashing, i have uninstalled it.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by elasticlala: 5:43am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:

It is so because the vegetable u used is too much for that quantity of egwusi. Filtration would be inevitable.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by DatzTreydo(m): 5:50am On Jun 26, 2018
there are different steps buh i wanna guide u on egusi proper.....
step 1...pour red oil on ur pot put it on fire buh make sure ders no water present in d pot

step 2...add a little salt to get the nyawn sound to kn dt the oil is hot, add ur sliced onions,a little quantity of crayfish to get that fried scent..wait for 1minit n latter add ur melon after being socked with water so as to get rid of the melon smell by frying it....wait for like 2 _3min

step 3 ..add ur cooked ingredient[fish, meat, snail,crayfish,perper,maggi(royco goat flavour)salt]with its water n allow it to steam....frm here d aroma is a goal

Step 4...add another sliced onions to make it fresh cos of the melon...onions is always nice in it...taste it if the maggi n salt u used in the cooked ingredient was sufficient buh if not add another cube to make it suit ur taste

ADD UR Vegetable LEAF N LEAVE IT FOR 2MIN DEN DROP it ....ur melon vegetable is ready....NOTE DT D VEGETABLE MUST B FRESH
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by mubimusab: 5:52am On Jun 26, 2018
Nice
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Reference(m): 5:58am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:
Young man @op ..mention me on any thread if you want to learn how to cook any Nigerian food.

Men need to cook..women aren't cooking machines.

Come off it abeg. There are things women are better at than men in the greater percentile and there are things that men are better at than women in the greater percentile, simple. It is no ones fault. It is the orientation most Africans are exposed to from youth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nunuk Nuraini Is Dead! Creator Of Indomie Instant Noodle Dies / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.