Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (71762 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
From boys to men there was a drink called Goldspot and olo.Kids then love the drinks but they faded away fast.
Indomie generation and Genz will not know what these drinks look like.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Throwback: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.

219 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by flokii: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2023
Goldspot was still around when I was in the University na.. I remember some cult boys using Goldspot bottle to stab a target in our hostel then.
Very thick bottle.. na those ones dey fall wey no go break.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
For real.it faded away real quick in my state.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
I think there was also a drink called crush too in those days then okada dry.

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Apus: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, Schweppes... Only 7up survived.
True even Fanta ginger A died too

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
You have a vital point.Indomie generation are now old maybe we will shift it to Genz.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Throwback: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
guobe:

Fanta Ginger Ale.

I remember seeing that one up to 1994.

I think the production was stopped when Fanta Chapman began, which also stopped a few years after.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:

Fanta Ginger Ale.

I remember seeing that one up to 1994.

I think the production was stopped when Fanta Chapman began, which also stopped a few years after.
True Fanta Chapman was just cruise.it didn't last at all.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Throwback: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
guobe:

You have a vital point.Indomie generation are now old maybe we will shift it to Genz.

Exactly my point, since GenZ were born in the late 1990s onwards.

We need to realise that Indomie generation are now over 40yrs old for those who had Indomie in the 1990s as University teenagers.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:

We need to realise that Indomie generation are now over 40yrs old for those who had Indomie in the 1990s as University teenagers.
Yep true

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Burob: 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:

Good to be alive, how time flies.

Have a lemonade drink Limca.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Burob: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived.
Schweppes has rebranded.

12 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Burob: 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:

Throwback, forever on point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Makunahatata: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Bluna

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by EKONGKING: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Treadway: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
Burob:
Good to be alive, how time flies.

Have a lemonade drink Limca.

When you're having fun together🎵
The sun and the sea together🎵
Music and dance together🎵
Lime and lemonade drink together🎵

All you need is a drink Limca🎵
Lime and lemonade drink Limca🎵

All you need is a drink Limca🎵
Lime and lemonade drink Limca. 🎵

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Apus: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Burob:
Schweppes has rebranded.

True, but they are not that felt.

Drank Schweppes some time ago and was not that impressed.
Was a very big fan of Schweppes.

Hardly drank anything asides old Schweppes lemon then.

15 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Ekealterego: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Throwback:

Gold-Spot and Limca were originally owned by Indians.
When Coca-Cola returned to the Indian market, they bought over the Limca and Goldspot company and later phased them out to make space for the relaunching of Fanta in India.

I suppose that this move took time to tickle down to Nigeria as well. I guess it eventually did.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ekealterego:

Gold-Spot and Limca were originally owned by Indians.
When Coca-Cola returned to the Indian market, they bought over the Limca and Goldspot company and later phased them out to make space for the relaunching of Fanta in India.

I suppose that this move took time to tickle down to Nigeria as well. I guess it eventually did.
Ok that was what happened.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by BigYash: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2023
You mean say me na indomine gen too? grin Me wen get white hair now cheesy
I no drink am,but I grow meet d bottles inside crates for momsy store..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by labake1(f): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2023
Can't relate because I don't take sodas

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by ahnie: 12:17am On Aug 17, 2023
Limca,gold spot were all welcomed by me,but you see that Klub soda.....nor be for me

7 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Charismatic107: 12:36am On Aug 17, 2023
I love drinking Tandi Guarana that year

chai I don old o grin

17 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by engrchykae(m): 5:07am On Aug 17, 2023
guobe:

is fanta Ginger the same as ginger ale?

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 5:51am On Aug 17, 2023
BigYash:
You mean say me na indomine gen too? grin Me wen get white hair now cheesy
I no drink am,but I grow meet d bottles inside crates for momsy store..
Lol BigYash indomie people don old too o lol
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by dangle: 5:52am On Aug 17, 2023
engrchykae:

Yes. I guess that he has forgotten how to spell it correctly.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 5:53am On Aug 17, 2023
ahnie:
Limca,gold spot were all welcomed by me,but you see that Klub soda.....nor be for me
Klub soda was not sweet at all.did not take it one day.people say it was smokers that usually drink it.

5 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 5:55am On Aug 17, 2023
Charismatic107:
I love drinking Tandi Guarana that year

chai I don old o grin
Lol from boys to men
Thank God we are alive and healthy.

5 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 5:56am On Aug 17, 2023
engrchykae:
It's Fanta ginger ale I knew .can't remember Fanta ginger.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by BigYash: 5:58am On Aug 17, 2023
guobe:

Lol BigYash indomie people don old too o lol
grin No be small o.. Gud mrn sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) / ₦50 Red Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / Antelope Killed Today For Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.