Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! (71312 Views)

Spent About 14,500 On This Sweet Okra Soup that will last 6 months. / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / Recommend N3k Soup That Will Last For 1 Week For A Family Of 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Peterosky(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2018
As a good cook,I can assure you that the only problem with this your egusi soup is too much water,otherwise you did well except for the test that I know nothing about.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by DonaTee(f): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:
I'm frustrated. This is the third time that I'm facing this issue. I don't know what I did to my village people. �

Why is it that anytime I cook Egwusi soup, the soup will divide itself into two? The egwusi/vegetables/ingredients will go one side and the water will go the other side. Out of frustrations, I have finished the meat and I'm about to get rid of the soup now. I don't know what else to do. I'm frustrated.

Please, my people, I need your help urgently. How can I make a good Egwusi soup that the ingredients doesn't quarrel with the water? If you have the step-by-step guide on how to make a good Egwusi soup, please send it to me because that's my favourite soup. Make me, *Frank Umeadi* happy, please.

Note: This does not mean that I'm not a good husband material o. I'm just preparing myself and I believe that no time is late.

Thank you so much as I await your positive response.

Too much water. Also use more egusi. The veggies should be much smaller
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Prosper123: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2018
Add garri to it. Or osu chikena
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by fynex(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:
I'm frustrated. This is the third time that I'm facing this issue. I don't know what I did to my village people. �

Why is it that anytime I cook Egwusi soup, the soup will divide itself into two? The egwusi/vegetables/ingredients will go one side and the water will go the other side. Out of frustrations, I have finished the meat and I'm about to get rid of the soup now. I don't know what else to do. I'm frustrated.

Please, my people, I need your help urgently. How can I make a good Egwusi soup that the ingredients doesn't quarrel with the water? If you have the step-by-step guide on how to make a good Egwusi soup, please send it to me because that's my favourite soup. Make me, *Frank Umeadi* happy, please.

Note: This does not mean that I'm not a good husband material o. I'm just preparing myself and I believe that no time is late.

Contact me next time you want to cook it I will direct you on how to go about it...
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by delpee(f): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2018
If you cook with water leaf (gbure), you should make sure the egusi is dry before adding it. Water leaf brings out water on its own. Steam for a short while to retain the nutrients. It's a highly nutritious vegetable.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by tabithababy(f): 10:00am On Jun 26, 2018
babeosisi:
Get a wife!!

Who will marry a man that is using onions as meat cheesy
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by EbukaHades10(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2018
femi4:
Poverty mentality
"Mr Rich guy",send money for better meat na.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Albinoworwor: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2018
okolet:

One corner egusi soup cheesy

Saaabiboy smiley
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2018
vinegurl:

Oga elder, don't pour your frustration on me, it was just a friendly comment and not a fight. There is enough space on this forum for you to speak up your mind. It is not amust to qoute me. Take your frustration off me biko sir.

You're a disgrace to womanhood.
I quoted you because that wasn't the first time you made such comment.

Absolving him from the blame because he's a man.

Seems like there are many sexist and misogynist people on this forum.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2018
dabiton:

“Primitive, uncivilized and patriachal” because someone said a man tried cooking.... which type of deluded over-reaction is this
For your information there is nothing uncivilized about gender roles but people like you make it look so. You demean women for playing the natural role of nurturing a family while the father figure does provide for his family- it is how the society was organized and nothing bad about it. Will you not find it strange that men still are expected to propose to a woman, pay her bride price and is expected to be a provider?
What is wrong in a woman making her contributions based on thier natural strengths and tendencies?? Don’t bring the nonsense about equality into every simple discuss using a warped logic. Men and women are not the same and that is not communicating superiority. Why for example is it that women are the only gender that can carry children and have the capacity to withstand the greatest pain known to man- child birth? Women are generally empowered with immense capacity to nurture while men are endowed with instincts to to provide. Same holds in nature. Things have changed a bit but that is not to say there should not be natural division of labor and responsibilities.
There is a sense in which each gender is enabled by nature with some capacity that the other gender is not. I can have a robust debate with you or anyone on this matter so that we can attempt to understand that the genders are not enemies and nature was not partial with its endowments- as long as the discuss will not involve insults and disrespect, of course I can hold my own in that space as well.

Young man.. Seems like you think this is 1930

This is a civilized world.. Gender roles are primitive and uncivilized and every sane human must frown at them.

C'mon go and learn how to cook or don't bother getting married. Women aren't cooking machines.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by janejive(f): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2018
Raylight2:
Am I free to laugh? Can I laugh a little?

Sure you can, laughing is free grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2018
Lilimax:

Tomatoes ke inside egusi soup?
The gods must be crazy smiley
What do you use in frying the melon?
You surely don't know how to cook.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by passey: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

Young man.. Seems like you think this is 1930

This is a civilized world.. Gender roles are primitive and uncivilized any every sane human must frown at them.

C'mon go and learn how to cook or don't bother getting married. Women aren't cooking machines.

Should I waste my time on an irredeemably deluded small mind with a false sense of entitlement?No!!

Keep moving dearie! Have a good day ahead
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2018
passey:

Should I waste my time on an irredeemably deluded small mind with a false sense of entitlement?No!!

Keep moving dearie! Have a good day ahead

This is one of the reasons bride price should be abolished.

Nigerian men feel their wives are their properties and must do anything they say.. You can't cook because you paid bride price, find a family who won't request for bride price then.

As for your post..I don't expect much from you because you're a sexist and misogynistic individual.

You better stay within the shores of Africa because if you leave Africa with this your primitive and uncivilized mentality you'll regret it.

Words of an elder.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by CandidSeeker(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2018
onlinetomola:
Lol... nothing wey you no go fit see finish for this nairaland...dis one wey Onion represent meat for your soup so lipsrsealed Ha APC una don see wetin una cause and you still want Progress from una deceitful Change. E no go work !

That onion is next to a fish tail...

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by boyjo: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:

There is no issue there, just
1) reduce the water
2)If you fried the Egusi, reduce your frying time.
3)Buy whole quality Egusi seeds and blend or grind; NEVER buy blended Egusi from the market. A lot of them have been spoiled by air.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by ev4real(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
lobell:

This is cause for concern. What Phone model and android version are you using?
Infinix note 3, version 7.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by ImaIma1(f): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:

Op you don't need to add anything while blending the egusi.

Mix your egusi with water and make it into a paste in a bowl.

Put a pot on fire and pour your palm oil into it. After about 30secs or 1min as long the oil is hot(don't let it bleach) add the egusi and stir.

Egusi doesn't like to be left alone while cooking. When you keep stiring in the egusi and oil, you will see that the oil incorporates into the egusi and becomes a paste.

Add water/meat stock and stir in in too. Stir this in for a while too and then cover and allow it cook. Your egusi should already look like a paste and not bar beach as someone mentioned.

Add you other ingredients as you do and there you have it.

So just remember to stir in the oil continuously and with the water too. Don't just drop them and leave.

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by ImaIma1(f): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
FraNKAPP:

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by JayB11(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
ITbomb:
The soup resemble Lagos bar beach
Pwahahahahahahaha! Bro u wicked ahswear.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by pally123: 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
kiddoiLL:
dis wan dey mad, so after you dish d soup for plate with spoon, D vegetable and d grinded melon held meeting with the ingredients and moved to a side of the plate abi?..nothing pesin no fit see for dis Nairaland
I don laugh tire for this your comment
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by lobell: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
ev4real:
Infinix note 3, version 7.
Thanks. I will look into this, pronto.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by thisismsworld: 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
ITbomb:
The soup resemble Lagos bar beach
lolz seriosly na wetin he b lyk b dat.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by dabiton: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
Elder001:

This is one of the reasons bride price should be abolished.

Nigerian men feel their wives are their properties and must do anything they say.. You can't cook because you paid bride price, find a family who won't request for bride price then.

As for your post..I don't expect much from you because you're a sexist and misogynistic individual.

You better stay within the shores of Africa because if you leave Africa with this your primitive and uncivilized mentality you'll regret it.

Words of an elder.

The foolish utopian thinking that resides in your head will not be cured.
A foolish entitled social justice warrior like you calling me a misogyst without even know where I live or who I am. It’s a deluded person like you that thinks being outside nigeria is heaven when you are probably one of those that manage to go there and drag the country’s image doing menial jobs and all, if at all. It is foolish children like you that think everything is against you including fate and nature itself. Unfortunately I live in the most liberal European country on earth, the Netherlands, and it is not heaven. It is the feminist capital of the world and men and women make contributions to their families according to thier natural strengths not based on your deluded world view of senseless equality of sexes. It does not change the fact of cooperative and complementary existence between men and women. Since the only response you have for common sense is the usual slogans of feminism, I will live you to your delusion child. I called you a small mind and you called yourself an elder
Well you are free to choose your name but you cannot change the world to fit your narrow, inconsistent world view.
I see that reason bounces of your head so keep your belief to yourself but don’t call me names! If you do I will come down to your childish level and then we shall see...
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
cenaman:
IPOB spoted, why re igbo people too lazy to cook? so is it achi or ofor that will make the soup not watery? pls go and learn how to cook without adding the so called achi and ofor. a good cook don't add such.
Igbo people are the best cook and Igbo cuisines are the best in the whole of Nigeria and that is a FACT!

1 Like

Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Mariangeles(f): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2018
ladygudhead:
binder ko,caster ni
Busybody spotted! kiss
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
dabiton:

The foolish utopian thinking that resides in your head will not be cured.
A foolish entitled social justice warrior like you calling me a misogyst without even know where I live or who I am. It’s a deluded person like you that thinks being outside nigeria is heaven when you are probably one of those that manage to go there and drag the country’s image doing menial jobs and all, if at all. It is foolish children like you that think everything is against you including fate and nature itself. Unfortunately I live in the most liberal European country on earth, the Netherlands, and it is not heaven. It is the feminist capital of the world and men and women make contributions to their families according to thier natural strengths not based on your deluded world view of senseless equality of sexes. It does not change the fact of cooperative and complementary existence between men and women. Since the only response you have for common sense is the usual slogans of feminism, I will live you to your delusion child. I called you a small mind and you called yourself an elder
Well you are free to choose your name but you cannot change the world to fit your narrow, inconsistent world view.
I see that reason bounces of your head so keep your belief to yourself but don’t call me names! If you do I will come down to your childish level and then we shall see...

Anybody who believe in gender roles is misogynistic.

Sorry, I don't deal with minors.
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by onlinetomola(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
pavicky:

ah Oga I swear u are talking from experience, Onions represent meat, oil represent tomato, vegetable come dey hold d water.name only 9ja student understand this

lol... experience jam experience grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by onlinetomola(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
habayinc:
see savage grin[center][/center][center][/center][center][/center]

grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by onlinetomola(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
innocential3032:
i no go talk again, because u don talk wetin dey my mouth

cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! by onlinetomola(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
autonomous22:

U no read reach wia he say him don finish eating the meat out of frustration.

lol... naa wetin i see i talk o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nunuk Nuraini Is Dead! Creator Of Indomie Instant Noodle Dies / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.