Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245345 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sonya,

I unbanned you from anti-spam bot's 24-hour ban. Be careful with how you copy and paste information.

And please avoid using strong negative words such as 'hate'.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
don't post false information on nairaland, and hate speeches. all of these has your igbo brethren done, and How many have you warned or banned. afterall you are a mod and an igbo guy. So for ahead and ban me. I don't care. it's your thing So hit the bottom. igbon

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
Anti-spam bot banned u; he unbanned u and apologized. Why the 'Igbon' remark?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Sonya,

What have I done wrong in unbanning you from anti-bot spam's 24-hour ban, rather than allowing you serve your full ban?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
Radoillo: Anti-spam bot banned u; he unbanned u and apologized. Why the 'Igbon' remark?

I'm still wondering what I did wrong.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
OKAY SIR. AM SORRY.notify me if my apology is accepted.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ok.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by odumchi: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sonya4all, cheta na iwe nwanne erughi n'okpukpu.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
anugo m.mana abughi m nwanne gi. kama otu Nigeria. proudly ika

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
sonya4all: ONE OF THE REASONS I DISLIKE THESE IGBOS IS BECAUSE OF THEIR DELIGHT IN CORRUPTING WORDS TO SOOTHE THEIR LANGUAGE. IMAGINE IGBANKE NOW CORRUPTED as igbo akiri.. well here is the origin of the name igbanke.

History of Igbanke in Orhionmwon Local government.Igbanke is of the Ika people in DeltaState, Nigeria which constitutes Agbor, and up to the border towns of Alifekede down to Umunede. According to Omoregbe Nwanwene,eight villages constitute Igbanke: these are Umoluah,obiogba,idumuiru, Igbontor, Idumodin, Ake, Olije, and Ottah – all migrated from different places.” It is also the case that the foundation of history of Igbanke indicates poignantly that for many centuries after the different villages of Igbanke had been founded, the Igbankes enjoyed absolute independence because they were not vassals of any other people. Thename Igbanke arose from a combination of (the names of) two villages: Igbontor and Ake, after a thorough historical supremacy was established.Son of King:The government of Igbanke is presided over by the Eze, Enogies,Ogele, Odioweres, Ndichies, Dikens, Okhiolors, and Okhialis. Each of these heads has his jurisdiction The jurisdiction could be stratified into three: The family level, the clan or hamlets andthe villages. At the family level, the Okhilor (he is usually the oldest man in the family) presides. At the village quarters, the Okhilor is the head,Ogele is eldest in a village, while the Eze rules over the entire village. Igbanke is chiefly a patrilineal society and as such its women are seen as performing passive roles. The language spoken in Igbanke is Ika: It is a mixture of Delta Ibo and Oredo languages. Given that Igbanke has a mixed culture, its mode of conflict resolution includes influences from Edo and Delta.
(culled from www.naijasky.com.).

Igbanke was known as Igbo Akili before the civil war, it was remained after the war, it is believed that Ogbemudia was behind the remaining.

''The name Igbanke arose from s combination of( the names of two vilages: Igbontor and Ake, after a thorough historical supremacy was established''

The above quote explain how the renaming was done, towns don't get named by thorough historical examination, this only happens during renaming.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Pazienza,

I've unbanned you from anti spam bot's ban. Avoid quoting the part of Sonya's post containing the link in it. It seems to trigger off the anti spam bot's tentacles.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21: @Pazienza,

I've unbanned you from anti spam bot's ban. Avoid quoting the part of Sonya's post containing the link in it. It seems to trigger off the anti spam bot's tentacles.

Ok, thanks.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
The villages making up Igbo Akili were: Umuoluah, Ake,Igbontor,Olile,Ottah,Obiogba,Idumodin and Idumuru.

It was after the war that the town renamed it self as Igbanke, after they sat and debated and decided that the two most superior towns were Igbontor and Ake using historical account like they claimed in that article,hence, Igbontor + Ake= Igbanke.

Anything to make sure people don't see them as Igbos was enough, as the name Igbo Akili was giving them away as Igbos, they sought to replace it with Igbanke, Haha! funny people, ndi ara!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
sonya4all: anugo m.mana abughi m nwanne gi. kama otu Nigeria. proudly ika

This comment you made here reminds me about a certain time you were going back and forth with Andre Uwe and you actually agreed you were Igbo. Identity crisis.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 4:01am On Oct 27, 2013
sonya4all: ONE OF THE REASONS I DISLIKE THESE IGBOS IS BECAUSE OF THEIR DELIGHT IN CORRUPTING WORDS TO SOOTHE THEIR LANGUAGE. IMAGINE IGBANKE NOW CORRUPTED as igbo akiri.. well here is the origin of the name igbanke.

History of Igbanke in Orhionmwon Local government.Igbanke is of the Ika people in DeltaState, Nigeria which constitutes Agbor, and up to the border towns of Alifekede down to Umunede. According to Omoregbe Nwanwene,eight villages constitute Igbanke: these are Umoluah,obiogba,idumuiru, Igbontor, Idumodin, Ake, Olije, and Ottah – all migrated from different places.” It is also the case that the foundation of history of Igbanke indicates poignantly that for many centuries after the different villages of Igbanke had been founded, the Igbankes enjoyed absolute independence because they were not vassals of any other people. Thename Igbanke arose from a combination of (the names of) two villages: Igbontor and Ake, after a thorough historical supremacy was established.Son of King:The government of Igbanke is presided over by the Eze, Enogies,Ogele, Odioweres, Ndichies, Dikens, Okhiolors, and Okhialis. Each of these heads has his jurisdiction The jurisdiction could be stratified into three: The family level, the clan or hamlets andthe villages. At the family level, the Okhilor (he is usually the oldest man in the family) presides. At the village quarters, the Okhilor is the head,Ogele is eldest in a village, while the Eze rules over the entire village. Igbanke is chiefly a patrilineal society and as such its women are seen as performing passive roles. The language spoken in Igbanke is Ika: It is a mixture of Delta Ibo and Oredo languages. Given that Igbanke has a mixed culture, its mode of conflict resolution includes influences from Edo and Delta.
(culled from www.naijasky.com.).

this guys doesn't know that the original name of his so called ika village is igbo akiri. you see ignorance in. grandiose form. but what ever it is I now understand that you just don't know and doesn't know you does not know and because of this you will never know.

IS THE WORD IGBO AKIRI, IS IT IGBO OR NOT. PLS GOOGLE IGBANKE WHICH IS A NAME SAMUEL OGBEMUDIA GAVE THOSE IDIOTS NOW THEY WANT.TO RETURN TO THEIR ORIGINAL NAME. DON'T WORRY I WOULD GIVE YOU REFERENCE AGAIN,JUST THAT I AM PRETTY ON MOBILE INTERNET.

STELLA CASE HAS BEEN RESEARCH I MISSED A POINT IN THERE I MIXED LINEAGE AND GENEALOGY TO ORIGIN AND VILLAGE.

NOW ANSWER THIS THINGS AGAIN,EZI BENIN

IS IGBO AKIRI THE ORIGINAL NAME OF IGBBANKE
IS AKIRI AN IGBO WORD
WAS IGBANKE SINGLE HANDEDLY CHRISTINE BY AN INDIVIDUAL... LEARNT THAT HE ISN'T A NATIVE BUT MUM FROM THERE. WHAT EFFONTREY

NO WONDER THE TAG FAKE ASSES FIT SOME IGBOS.WITH ALL DUE RESPECT HOW CAN A VILLAGE NAME BE CHANGED BY A NON INDIGENT I HEARD IN A SWOOP. THESE DUDES DOESN'T WORTH BEEN CALLED OR BEAR ANYTHING IGBO.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2013
stop being hysterical about my comments.. if you must know I schooled and stay in the east...that however hasn't changed my stance. and Christopher it's your stupid and ignoramus people the are the idiots, stop whining, you have no opinion.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2013
How foolish for an igbo man to think that speaking or bearing their names now makes you one of them... is Christopher an igbo name?? rubbish

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
sonya4all: stop being hysterical about my comments.. if you must know I schooled and stay in the east...that however hasn't changed my stance. and Christopher it's your stupid and ignoramus people the are the idiots, stop whining, you have no opinion.
Monkey, you have been warned several times not to be insultive. Are you mad?.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Language Contact: The Influence of the Esan Language on
Ika-Igbo
S. N. Ehinze
Abstract
Language contact phenomenon has a lot of implications among which are bilingualism, multilingualism, borrowing, code switching, pidgin etc. Such occurrence between Ika Igbo and Esan language has not only linguistic implications but cultural and socio-political implications. Esan and Igbo language have linguistic boundary like other languages. Language contact phenomenon
presupposes exchange of linguistic and cultural features between the two groups.This work therefore is a study of the linguistic features that are amenable to socio-linguistic analysis. It seeks to discover the extent to which Esan language exerts linguistic effects on the Igbo language. The results of the analysis show that the effect of the contact between the Igbo and Esan languages is bi directional.
1. Introduction
In a speech community, when two languages come together, certain linguistic changes or developments occur. Language contact between two people speaking different languages can have a wide variety of outcomes.In some cases only a few words are borrowed; in others whole new languages may be formed. The result of such language contact differs according to several factors, including the length and intensity of contact between the groups, the types of social, economic and political relationship between them, the functions which communication between
them must serve and the degree of similarity between the languages they speak.Ika-Igbo language has been influenced at one time or the other by Esan language contact, resulting in varying degrees of transfer of features from one to the other. Against this background, the need arises to investigate the possible linguistic and cultural influences existing in IkaIgbo language due to contact with Esan language and to determine whether it is bi-directional or uni-directional.Esan and Igbo languages share boundary like other languages.
Urhobo-Igbo, Edo, Yoruba Languages etc. The phenomenon of language contact presupposes exchange of linguistic and cultural features between the two groups. This paper seeks to determine the extent to which Esan language has influenced the different linguistic levels of the Igbo language. It is equally important to know whether linguistic changes from Ehinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111
Journal of Igbo Language & Linguistics (JILL) No. 3 December 2011
the contact between Igbo and Esan affect Igbo alone or Esan alone or both and the level of significance
2. Literature Review
The bilingual nature of some speech communities has made it possible for two or more dialects/languages to be in existence, in such speech communities. This has been a universal phenomenon in world languages. The use of one dialect/language vis-à-vis other dialects/languages derives from the attitudes of the language/dialect users.Mbah (2005:276) in her study of sociophonology in Oba Igbo opines that one of the factors that influence the selection of a particular variant is contact. The degree of contact which speakers of Oba dialect have with
speakers of the more mutually intelligible dialects of Igbo is of great significance in influencing their choice of the binary variant of the lexical and morphological variables. It appears that contact factor works hand-inhand with the regional factor in Oba. Ugwuona (2004:23) in her study of language choice and attitudinal differences in Nsukka Urban, discovers that Owerre and Onitsha dialects of Igbo language are the prestigious dialects among other dialects of Igbo including the host dialect, which is Nsukka dialects. The reason for the dominance is that Owerre and Onitsha
dialects have historical, economic, educational and political advantage over other dialects. In her conclusion, Ugwuona affirmed that there are multiplicity of different Igbo dialects which influence one another. The interaction of the different dialects has given rise to the phenomenon of code – switching and code – mixing, among the dialects. As a result, hardly can any educated person in Nsukka Urban engage in a sustained discourse especially in a relaxed, informal context in Igbo language without mixing some elements of his indigenous dialect. Uwalaka (2001) in Igboanusi (2001:50) investigated the anguish of Igbo as a mother tongue. Internal and external conflicts and revealed crucial issues on factors affecting and underlying language choice especially in Igbo as a mother tongue. One of the interesting things in her study is the Igbo internal conflicts. Uwalaka defines language internal conflicts as “the phenomenon in which for political, economic or socio –economic reasons, dialects of a given language vie for ascendancy”.Language external conflicts are cases in which for whatever reasons language of a given country competes with one another or compete with a foreign language or languages, she concluded. Okeke (2006) studied language attitude and language shift in Nkpor dialect and reports that there is complexity of dialect. stuation in Nkpor – Agu region of Nkpor.Some of these dialects are Nsukka, Owerre, Umuahia, Udi, Abakaliki, Ehinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111
Onitisha, Ohafia, Mbaise, Oyigbo, Ikwere, Ngwa, Oka, Nteje, Ogbinuike,Aguata, Obosi, Ogidi, Ezeagu, Enugu, Ngwa, Izzi, Ibagwa, Efiom, Nkpor etc. The attitudinal indifference of the language users in Nkpor dialect is similar to that of Tamil dialect speakerss because that dialect situation in Nkpor is complex, and these different dialects have different traditional backgrounds as it is in Tamil.However, he concluded that because of urbanization that came to Nkpor – Agu through the influence of the commercial city of Onitsha, the town is affected linguistically by urban life. Again, a lot of people migrated to the town for the purpose of commerce and as such made the town multidialectal (because they all came with their languages and other Igbo dialects). This influenced the dialect greatly. From the discussions about language contact, it comes out clear that the field of language contact in African languages in general and Igbo language in particular
in particular has not received much attention in spite of huge amount of data on the subject in other languages. By this token, it becomes necessary to advance the field knowledge in the area of Igbo
Language contact.
3. Lnguistic Influences
The various Linguistic changes of the language contact exercise between Esan and Ika-Igbo are discussed in this chapter. They are,however, being discussed under two headings vis a viz Linguistic and cultural influences respectively. The linguistic influences are further categorized under such sub-headings as lexical variations, phonology and morphology and syntax.
Lexical Variation
ENGLISH IKA-IGBO EKPON
You Yu Yuno
We Enyi Eno
All Welecha Enolecha
Many Oda Ebuke
Bird Nnunu Ununu
Dog Nkite Itite
Louse Izu Ezu
Tree Osisi Osi-h
Seed Mkpuru Akpuh
Egg Ekwaran Ekur
Tongue Ire IgheEhinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111
Ear Nti Itin
Hair Ntutu Ururu
Moon Ifon Okegwe
Water Mmiri Umi
Ash Ntu Utu
Round Okiriokiri Ghahime
Claws Mbuo Ubuo
Although these differences in words are all free variations but they came about due to a proposed deviation (unintentional) from normal,which was not achieved by these Ekpon speakers. The intention to drop the Ika-Igbo words and perhaps substitute them with that of Esan or probably new inventions, but this was to be a hard task as they are caught between where they were coming from and where they are going to.However, they have only succeeded in creating sub – Ika dialect from the main Ika dialect of Igbo language.
Phonology
In this domain, we discovered some deletion of sounds and segments
as the case may be.
m – deletion
Mme me = me
o – deletion
Okpoho Okpoh
= woman
Syllable deletion:
Osisi Osi-h
= tree
Ekwukwuo Ekhwo = leave
Ekwaran Ekun = Egg
The last sounds in these cases are aspirated. This is because most of Esan words are aspirated and have short and very fast levels of pronunciation,mostly followed by high tones. Most of Esan words begin and end with high tones e.g. Ekoh (ear), eke (belly), Inyie (bosom), Oria (person) aran

(blood) awa (dog), ehen (fish), ibe (liver) akon (Tooth) anyo (drink)
eloloh (eye) okppia (man) etc. All these have affected the Ekpon dialect
in terms of tone and aspiration of sounds.
In summary, we can affirm that the speakers of Ekpon have a peculiar
pronunciation which tends to influence their contiguous speech
communities.Ehinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111
Morphology and Syntax
There are few instances of variations in sentence constructions and
production of words as evident in the following examples:
1. Enyi a nu we ebuo (Ika) enyi a nu welebuo (ekpon)
We do understand the two (languages). The difference here is the “L”
insertion in the word “welebuo”.
2. Me ri Agbor eben (Ekpon)
‘I live Agbor here’
‘Agbo ebeni ke mbi’ (Ika)
‘Agbor here I live’
I live in Agbor
The first person pronoun “M” (I) does not appear in initial position with
“Me” form but “M” form and in some cases “Mme” form. The “Me” form
in Ekpon is borrowed from the Esan language. For instance the above
sentence in Esan will read;
Agborme yie
Agbo Iive (I live in Agbor)
3. Onye Ekpon ya me wu (Ekpon)
I Ekpon that I am
Onye Ekpon ke m wu (Ika)
I Ekpon that I am
I am from Ekpon or native of Ekpon.
The “ya” and “ke” are variants as they have the same meaning. The
pronoun changes form in Ika due to position in the sentence viz a viz
initial, middle or final but it remains Constant in form at whatever
position in Ekpon which is a characteristic of Esan for e.g. will read –
“Ovwie Ekpon me khin” from (Native) Ekpon I am.
4. Cultural Influences
The socio political status of Ekpon people is one that is rooted in Esan
culture. This is a society of people whose origin is traceable to Ekpon in
Esan west local government area of Edo State while they live in Esan
South – East Local Government Area of the same Edo State but
linguistically they belong to Ika dialect of Igbo language and live at the
linguistic boundary between Ika (Igbo) and Esan languages. Their
traditional institution is rooted in Esan culture. They have no Obiship or
Eze system of leadership like Igbos but an Onogie who is appointed or
approved by the Oba of Benin. To rule with the Onogiie are Chiefs –Ehinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111
Ogele, Ihiami etc who help the Onogie to carry out his royal functions and tributes to the Oba who made all of them who they are in the land.The mode of obtaining chieftaincy titles in Ekpon is synonymous with Esan ways. Every festival taking place in Ekpon is according to Esan tradition. For instance, ceremonies like marriage, child naming are in no way similar to Ika culture. The burial ceremony for example which runs for seven days in Ekpon is what obtains in Esan land contrary to four days burial activities in Ika/Igbo culture. This shows that apart from language,
the Ekpon life style is similar to that of Esan.
5. Summary and Conclusion
Language contact phenomenon has a lot of implications among which are bilingualism, multilingualism, borrowing code – switching, pidgin and so on. Such incident between Igbo and Esan languages has not only linguistic but cultural, and socio-political implications. From the study of the influence of Esan language on Igbo due to their contact, it was discovered in the first place that the speech community at the language boundary between Igbo and Esan – which is Ekpon could neither identifythemselves as Ika nor Esan speakers but Ekpon speakers. However, from
the linguistic point of view they belong to Ika dialect speakers of Igbo language.It was discovered also that there are a lot of variations between the Ika dialect speakers and that of the other speakers of Ika that are residing in Agbor and its environs. For instance, there are changes in words like“Okele” for Ekele (greeting), “Onwole” for “Onweni” (nothing). There is
change in syntax e.g. “Me ri Agbor ebeni” for “Agbor ebeni kemri (I live in Agbor).
Culturally, there is little or no relationship with the Igbos (Ikas) as their culture is in consonance with Esan culture. The various festivals and rituals running from the beginning to the end of the year are synonymous with Esan culture. Politically, they are affiliated to Esan style of traditional leadership. Another important aspect of the Ekpon people is that the bilingual phenomenon is gradually dying away. The older generation of folks speak Ika and Esan languages while the younger generation does not understand nor speak Esan language. The older ones
claim that they find it difficult to speak Esan and that those who speak it struggle to do that. On the other hand, the immediate neighbours like Ewosa who speak Esan language do not understand the Ika spoken by their Ekpon neighbours. This is why some Ekpon people try to speak Esan to their Esan neighbours but switch to English when the interlocution becomes unintelligible. Ehinze – Language Contact: Ika Igbo and Esan pp: 104-111Journal of Igbo Language & Linguistics (JILL) No. 3 December 2011
The variety of language contact studied here demonstrates that there is in principle no limit to what speakers of different languages will borrow or transfer from each other, given the right opportunity. One of the greatest challenges facing linguists is to account for both the social forces and the linguistic mechanisms and constraints which operate jointly to
determine what particular outcome emerges from the language contact that can lead to great benefits both practically and theoretically. Research on its social aspect can lead to insights on group relationships and group identities, and how they are shaped by processes of accommodation in some circumstances and by divergence and conflict in others.Understanding of the social forces that guide and constrain language contact use is of vital importance both to language contact, planning in areas like education, politics and social welfare and to understanding the[b][/b][/b][b]
[b][/b]
ways language changes. Research on the linguistic aspects of language and language contact leads to insight on the nature of linguistic systems,the mechanisms by which they interact to produce new strategies of communication, the creativity of human beings in adopting and adapting new materials to be reshaped into new manifestations of human faculty of language contact.
References
Adekunle, M.A. (1990) “Language in a Multicultural context”. In E.N.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks a lot my brothers for all your contributions.this is from ika son

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=comment&article=256

I ENJOY THE WAY AGBONTEA AND SONT4ALL IS MAKING A FOOL AND MOCKERY OF THEMSELVES.... PLS GO ASK AN URHOBO MAN OR BENIN MAN WHICH TRIBE IS IKA THEN GET BACK TO ME OR HOW DO THE AVERAGE NIGER DELTA MAN SEE IKA,AGBOR ETC MAN THEN COME BACK AND LETS FINISH YOU OFF NOT COPY AND PASTE

Well, information, they say helps avert deformation. Before I start, I will like to enjoin everyone to desist from name-calling and the use of expletives in verbalizing their convictions. I grew up in the palace of the late Obi of Abavo..........Obi Jegbefume II. As such, I am fully familiar with the culture and customs of our people. My mother (late), was a daughter of the revered Obi. So that makes me a grandson of the Monarch. I know that it is a taboo to swear at someone while at the same time trying to woo his audience. I said that to make clear that I am not one son bred in the diaspora, who never touched base with events at home.
My Brothers, I think this is a very dicey matter that requires careful consideration. First and foremost, it should do us all a tonne of good to accept that Ika people are a little microcosm of different tribal influences who have, overtime, become indistinct in our identity. That we have elements of Bini culture in our lands remains something incontestable. However, it will be wrong to attribute our history totally to the Bini kingdom. There have been goings on and inter-relationship between us and all the people surrounding us, as is bound to happen under such circumstances. However, it will be silly to base our conclusions on that singular fact. I do not know what the play is about, but it seems to me that about 95% of our culture is Ibo! About 98% of our language is Igbo. Our names are 98% Igbo. Why are we drawing closer to the Edo, who do not even have a place for us in their history? Is it not clear that Ika is an older entity than Edo? Shouldn't that singular fact puncture some of the notions marrying us to a common identity with the Edo? Go read your history well........... I saw firsthand that when Bini became a regional super power, its many tactics included romances with all the many ethnic groups bordering it. Another method employed was the wooing of the monarchs of these nations around her. Our Obis began to marry their daughters. These ladies, in turn, introduced some Bini lifestyles into the courts. Most of these people we refer to as our founding fathers were never binis themselves.
They were strong people from our lands who went as sojourners in that land and came back with a system of monarchy identical to the Binis'. They brought back the Igue festival and some titles, much the same way we borrowed, lately, some things from the European culture. People influence people. Yes, there were people living in here before Benin ever came! Intermarriage with the Binis, for the few who did it, only succeeded in introducing some names of things the Edo way. If you look closely you will discover that our lifestyles and culture never was synonymous with that of the Binis. All the different Igbo-sounding languages in Delta State today seem to be distantly related. Any claims that we do not understand the Aniocha, the Ukwuani, the Ndokwa, the Oshimili, the Ibo, is a blatant lie. There is a measure of understanding! It seems to me that we are from the same stock. Languages grow. If you are to come back to this earth in200 years from now, you'd be surprised what your great, great, great grandchildren will be speaking! But you will still tell they are from the same linguistic
stock! This is not so with the Bini language. I do not understand a thing they say! Some of our people sojourned in Edo land in the early years, so some names were imported into our parlance. But our language is a plain dialect of Igbo. Our culture is more Ibo than Edo. We are more Ibo in everything than we are the Edo. Similarities between us and the Edos came as a result of our proximity. Don't accept baseless conjectures. Look at at the facts. The Edo names were products of Edo families which later migrated and settled with us. The word 'Ehi' from where we got the names 'Ehima, Ehiedu, etc is a misnomer of the word Eri, or Nri. It makes us at par with our real brothers, the Ibos. That is why Owa Kingdom accepts and preaches Nri as their source. Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
Odozi Nwodozi ANOTHER IKA MAN

First,let me start by correcting the wrong notion that there is anything like Ika.the word Ika came up as a ploy by anti-Agbor elements within the region who are jealous of the socio-political prosperity of Agbor,hence they devised the term Ika to neutralise the Agbor influence in the administration of the area.

On the issue of origin of the Agbor people,i wish to state without mincing words that we should as amatter of urgency begin to retrace our steps as regards our claim to Bini,knowing fully well that the Binis have no place for us in thier history,come to think of it,the Agbor Kingdom (Dein dynasty) is two hundred older than the Bini (Ogiso)dynasty,Agbor kingdom was never under the subjugation of the Bini kingdom,our only undoing was our non-expansionit desire,we were a military might that forced the Bini expansionist to proceed eastwards through the Esan region inestablishing their outpost in Issele-Uku and their spiritual base in Okunzu,at best we had good trade relationship with the Binis,who saw in Ominije a place where people live and trade peacefullyin diffrent languages unlike their place where there was a near absence of peace.They saw Igbo,Igala,Ijaw,Itshekiri,etc hence their naming the place "Agbon" which means the world.

We might have borrowed from the colorful culture of the Binis,but this in no way make us Bini,even them,still refer to us as "OVW'IGBO",for how londg did the Igbo colonise us that has wiped out our Bini tongue or Ika dialect?,without an interpreter an Agbor man understands his brothers across the Niger while he must be taught the Edo language of the Binis. Apart from our brothers from Oza Nogogo who are recent migrant from Bini,the rest of us in Agborspeak a sub-set of Igbo as depicted in our names,market days,etc.

On EzeChime,its wise we know that he was an Igbo sojourner in Bini whose prosperity made his hosts jealous to the point of their wanting to kill him,no kingdom was powerful enough to habour him for fear of vengeance from thje Binis except Agbor.He stayed long in Agbor and was only sent parkig when some of his co-sojourners began to do abominable things in Agbor...their sack is marked with the Osiezi Festival.

AN IKA MAN WHO IS A SON OF SOIL HAS SPOKEN. THEN SONS OF SLAVES AND FELONS CAN STILL SPEAK

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:04am On Oct 31, 2013
sonya4all: How foolish for an igbo man to think that speaking or bearing their names now makes you one of them... is Christopher an igbo name?? rubbish

crass ignorance,height of stupidity,names reflect who you are and whom you pay allegiance to. Christopher shows that am a Christian and a catholic born for that matter or have you seen a Muslim man bearing Chris .... bush Benin.

traditional names also tells your place and tribes even ijaws that answer or bear beer whiskey,heineken,Heinz,goodday and other funny names as surnames still have their native names embedded somewhere

I think education has been wasted on you

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2013
The term igbo is in the same light as saying someone is Spanish, Ijaw, Yoruba, Scandinavian or say someone is a Bantu and it is only used to show that these people are related but they are not the same people. Scandinavian is made up of norwegian, danish, swedish etc and Spanish is made up of catalonian, valencia etc.

Now the term igbo is made up of related people such as ezza, ika, ukwuani-aboh, igbo, ikwerre etc with their own different languages but they are not the same people. Catalonians are fighting to be independent and all the Scandinavian people have their own separate identities. They are not one people but different people related by culture, religion, history and language.

Every constituent unit has a right to pursue their independent identity, stick with the present relation or forge new unions out of this group relation like we have evolved with the Anioma term. Catalonia's are agitating to breakaway from the Spanish unions for reasons which are almost similar to why the Aniomas have moved away from the Igbo relation. The Yorubas fought their own civil wars just like we fought each other within anioma before the ekumeku movement but they are more united today.

You people should instead direct your energy to why the Scandinavian union, yoruba union is strong and why the catalonian union is moving out in different directions now. It will help you guys to understand the anioma people than trying to impose the igbo identity on us instead of thinking that we are ignorant of the similarities that exist within this relation.

The reasons why the Catalonians are moving away from the Spanish identity are the same reasons aniomas are moving away from the igbo identity. It is not like the Catalonians do not have similarities with the other Spanish people in terms of culture, language, religion and history but they want the best for themselves.

You can keep on posting epistles upon epistles that makes no meaning to us and shows that you do not even understand the angle of the people you are engaging with here.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pharoh: The term igbo is in the same light as saying someone is Spanish, Ijaw, Yoruba, Scandinavian or say someone is a Bantu and it is only used to show that these people are related but they are not the same people. Scandinavian is made up of norwegian, danish, swedish etc and Spanish is made up of catalonian, valencia etc.

Now the term igbo is made up of related people such as ezza, ika, ukwuani-aboh, igbo, ikwerre etc with their own different languages but they are not the same people. Catalonians are fighting to be independent and all the Scandinavian people have their own separate identities. They are not one people but different people related by culture, religion, history and language.

Every constituent unit has a right to pursue their independent identity, stick with the present relation or forge new unions out of this group relation like we have evolved with the Anioma term. Catalonia's are agitating to breakaway from the Spanish unions for reasons which are almost similar to why the Aniomas have moved away from the Igbo relation. The Yorubas fought their own civil wars just like we fought each other within anioma before the ekumeku movement but they are more united today.

You people should instead direct your energy to why the Scandinavian union, yoruba union is strong and why the catalonian union is moving out in different directions now. It will help you guys to understand the anioma people than trying to impose the igbo identity on us instead of thinking that we are ignorant of the similarities that exist within this relation.

The reasons why the Catalonians are moving away from the Spanish identity are the same reasons aniomas are moving away from the igbo identity. It is not like the Catalonians do not have similarities with the other Spanish people in terms of culture, language, religion and history but they want the best for themselves.

You can keep on posting epistles upon epistles that makes no meaning to us and shows that you do not even understand the angle of the people you are engaging with here.

You brought up the discussion of the difference of the Catalonians without going further to tell us why it is so. I've known about the Catalan situation since 2007 when I read it in a Discovery Channel magazine. The language of the Catalonians, Catalan, is more related to French than Spanish. Some scholars regard Catalan as a sub dialect of French. This is especially unique regarding the fact that Catalan speakers are found in Spain where Spanish is the dominant language. Their language differs greatly from the several dialects of Spanish. And owing to this difference, several Catalan people see themselves as different from the Spanish people.

A one-time former president of Spain carried out several raids on Catalan speakers in an effort to rid them off the borders of spain and ensure that the only spoken language in Spain is spanish.

Barcelona is a Catalan city. It is located in Catalan land. However, the natives are bilingual and speak Spanish, in addition to Catalan.

However, the Delta Igbo case is different whereby the several clans speak one dialect/variant of Igbo or the other. And not that they speak a whole different language altogether as first language and then Igbo as second language. No. These people speak Igbo as their native tongue.

By Delta Igbo, I'm referring to the true natives of the land. And not recent migrants from other areas such as the Ebu-Igala people, Ukwunzu-Ugbodu-Ondo people, and Oza Nagogo-Eshan people who are migrants from Igala, Ondo and Eshan lands respectively, who also recognize that they are migrants into Delta Igbo land.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by abagoro(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
bigfrancis21:

By Delta Igbo, I'm referring to the true natives of the land. And not recent migrants from other areas such as the Ebu-Igala people, Ukwunzu-Ugbodu-Ondo people, and Oza Nagogo-Eshan people who are migrants from Igala, Ondo and Eshan lands respectively, who also recognize that they are migrants into Delta Igbo land.

Which ever way you look at it, every man has right to identity and cannot be forced to be what he choses not to be. This argument has lingered on for too long. I have stated times without number that Anioma people obviously speak Igbo language and share Igbo culture but also share Benin culture. The arguments I've been having with people like sonya, agbotaen etc is on falsifying and modifying history and language like claiming that Ika is not a version of Igbo language even though it obviously is.

Igbo bu Igbo or Igbos that completely agree to be part of Igbo union should try and work together 1st before trying to drag other Igbos into their union. Some people from your State like Nripriest, Chino and their likes in real world are instrumental to the inability of Igbos to work together. IMHO, it might even be better if Igbos go back to their original ethnic independence or some more liberal Igbos found in Ebonyi, Imo and Abia form a new type of Igbo without discrimination and jealousy as found in the present Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pharoh: The term igbo is in the same light as saying someone is Spanish, Ijaw, Yoruba, Scandinavian or say someone is a Bantu and it is only used to show that these people are related but they are not the same people. Scandinavian is made up of norwegian, danish, swedish etc and Spanish is made up of catalonian, valencia etc.

SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, HAS CATALONIA MOVED OUT OF SPAIN,YOU KNOW WHEN THESE DUDES TALK YOU MAKE ME LAUGH....WE HAVE DUTCH IN GERMANY,HOLLAND, AUSTRIA AND SOME PARTS OF EUROPE THAT HASNT STOPPED THEM FROM BEEN DUTCH, WE HAVE FRENCH IN FANCE,BELIGUIM,LUXEMBOURG AND SOME PARTS OF SWITZ ALPS THAT HASNT STOPPED THEM FROM BEEING FRENCH.

PLS POINT OF CORRECTION, DEAR IGBO ARE NOT IMPOSING IGBOHOOD OR IGBOSHIP ON ANYBODY. WE ARE 40 MILLION AND COUNTING,AND I KNOW DELTA IGBO WHO ARE PROUDLY IGBO. THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH BENIN WANNA BES LIKE YOU IS THAT YOU KEEP USING THE TERM US, STOP IT WHY DONT YOU TALK OF YOURSELF.

ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW IS THAT IGBOS ARE INDEPENDENT MINDED TRIBES,ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE EAST AND FRINGES OF RIVERINE AREAS NOT GOVERNMENT OIL WELL DEPENDENT ONES AND BENIN ARSE LICKERS.

ITS ONLY IN NAIRALAND YOU SEE SHITSSSSS LIKE THESE, I WAS AT ONITSHA UGBO WOMAN 50TH BIRTHDAY HERE IN LAGOS LAST WEEK, MY WIFE BEEN AN IGBO FROM DELTA, WE HAD IGBOS EVERYWHER, ALL SPEAKING IGBOS BOTH THE ONES FROM IMO,ANAMBRA,ABIA,DELTA ETC. WE WERE COMMUNICATING SEAMLESSLY AND NOBODY EVEN MENTIONED IKA BENIN BULLSHITTTTTTTTTTTS. SO YOU SHOULD KNOW. THE YORUBAS COULDNT DIFFERENTIATE.

WAKE UP, WE ALWAYS GOT JUDAS, YOU ARE ONE, SABOTUEUR

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You brought up the discussion of the difference of the Catalonians without going further to tell us why it is so. I've known about the Catalan situation since 2007 when I read it in a Discovery Channel magazine. The language of the Catalonians, Catalan, is more related to French than Spanish. Some scholars regard Catalan as a sub dialect of French. This is especially unique regarding the fact that Catalan speakers are found in Spain where Spanish is the dominant language. Their language differs greatly from the several dialects of Spanish. And owing to this difference, several Catalan people see themselves as different from the Spanish people.

A one-time former president of Spain carried out several raids on Catalan speakers in an effort to rid them off the borders of spain and ensure that the only spoken language in Spain is spanish.

Barcelona is a Catalan city. It is located in Catalan land. However, the natives are bilingual and speak Spanish, in addition to Catalan.

However, the Delta Igbo case is different whereby the several clans speak one dialect/variant of Igbo or the other. And not that they speak a whole different language altogether as first language and then Igbo as second language. No. These people speak Igbo as their native tongue.

If there was fairness, a bright future (for their language and culture ) and equity for them in Spain today then you will agree with me that they will not be clamoring for a separation today. There are Catalans in France today but they have to speak french in their official daily life and so many different ethnic groups that made up France before the french revolution that imposed the french language and consciousness on everyone.

The Catalans know better not to break up from spain and go join france because the language policy of france will kill their culture and language and hence the reason for clamoring for a separate identity. It is the same thing we are clamoring as ika, ndokwa etc and also trying to come under the anioma identity whereby we see each other as equals and at the same time preserving out cultural heritage while pursuing for a joint development. That is why in delta we all speak pidgin to interact with each other while preserving our cultural heritage, even our senatorial and local demarcation goes along that line.

To be frank with you if Nigeria breaks up today and there is to be any form of igbo nation then it has to be mirrored along the french or Spanish option. One igbo language (central igbo ) and consciousness or autonomous communities based on primary ethnicity and language with equity and fairness as the watchword. If you don't develop this now and continue this enugu vs abia, or omanbala vs this and that then please count the anioma people out. We are not cut out for this kind of dick measuring contest or need to dominate and shout down on us to be igbo whenever we mention our first language and primary ethnicity.

My primary ethnicity is ndokwa( ukwuani-aboh) and going further i can choose as a matter of choice to be regarded as igbo, anioma , bendel or whatever term that can be created. There must be something beneficial to the extra term and consciousness that i would further like to be identified with and that is by choice. It is that choice you guys are not recognizing and try to postulate all the time we create a thread to cherish our primary ethnicity that we are igbos.

If Nigeria is working today, no one will be clamoring for separation and that is the same for the igbo identity. It is a ruse to us now because of the prevalent ideology, way of life and evident relations that exist in igboland today. If the igbo identity and igbo and is moving in the right direction then you will related people begging to be part of it and not the other way round. You can look at my post in whatever way you want to but reality is waiting for us in some years to come. This is a list of the ethnic groups in Nigeria and their primary language, then if this list cannot be understood the same way we on the opposition side understands it then i don't wish to have this discussion anymore. We have gone beyond 100 pages and we will go beyond that with not tangible at the end of the day.

There is no animosity between us and we see those related around us as our first brothers before the benins, yorubas, isokos or whatever but if you guys continue like this then you are just creating the strife between the groups. We are related by culture and language but we are not the same people and we can be one people like the french eventually did if we see each other as equals and there is respect. Any other strategy is just coming together to eventually fail and that is what is happening in Nigeria today.

http://www.joshuaproject.net/countries.php?rog3=NI
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^
Oh I see. You're Ndokwa/Ukwuani. That says it all. Stop speaking for the whole of Anioma as if they are separate. Many Aniomas call themselves Igbos. Speak for yourself and your people in particular. Don't drag the whole Anioma into your dissension where you still have the Aniochas and Oshimilis who call themselves Igbo. Many of them are part of pan-Igbo groups and an Anioma son is currently holding a strategic position in Aka Ikenga. Some others are members of Ohaneze.

At the last Igbo gathering in Lagos, prominent Anioma citizens were there. Such as the Asagba of Asaba, Pat Utomi, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, etc. Even the 'Igbo women of SS/SE' group was there.

Even the Delta Igbos know they've lost Ika and Ndokwa. When I refer to Delta Igbos I refer to them and not you Ika and Ndokwa guys who choose to remain separate and yet want to drag others along your line for the benefit of numbers.

If an Anioma state is created, you people will still want to breed discrimination amongst you between who is Igbo and not. This same politics will still be running in the state whereby some groups will want to discriminate against others. The state will turn into a state of Igbos and other tribes such as Ika, and Ndokwa.

If the Western Borders of Anambra state should be adjusted today, Aniocha and Oshimili will join Anambra state where they rightly belong. Let the Ikas and Ndokwas remain minorities as they wish.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pharoh:

If there was fairness, a bright future (for their language and culture ) and equity for them in Spain today then you will agree with me that they will not be clamoring for a separation today. There are Catalans in France today but they have to speak french in their official daily life and so many different ethnic groups that made up France before the french revolution that imposed the french language and consciousness on everyone.

The Catalans know better not to break up from spain and go join france because the language policy of france will kill their culture and language and hence the reason for clamoring for a separate identity. It is the same thing we are clamoring as ika, ndokwa etc and also trying to come under the anioma identity whereby we see each other as equals and at the same time preserving out cultural heritage while pursuing for a joint development. That is why in delta we all speak pidgin to interact with each other while preserving our cultural heritage, even our senatorial and local demarcation goes along that line.

http://www.joshuaproject.net/countries.php?rog3=NI

How then does the Catalan situation relate to the issue of Delta Igbos? Was Igbo language imposed on them in anyway? Aren't they native speakers of Igbo language? If at all you want to buttress your point of being distinct, then you tow the line of freedom of self-proclamation where one has the right to claim whatever one wants to be.

I'm glad you dropped that link. Now visit these links below, from the same website you dropped and scroll down to 'people cluster':

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=12197&rog3=NI

That's for Ika.

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=15699&rog3=NI

For Ukwuani.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
@Bigfrancis

I don't think it is proper to tell me to stop speaking for the whole aniomas because i can also ask you to stop speaking for the whole aniomas too or are you not referring to the whole group when you indicate that delta igbos are igbos without respecting the fact that some of them wish not to be referred to in that manner?. In any anioma association either through the virtual or physical medium, you have people from these three groups Ika, Ndokwa and Enuani ( Aniocha and Oshimilis) belonging to these associations.

The identity is evolving because you still have groups who want to be called igbos, anioma igbos, igbos of anioma or just aniomas only but made up of the Ika, Ndokwa and Enuani ethnic groups. It will be better if they are referred to as enuani,aniocha or oshimilis because that is the clear distinct identity that they have within the anioma nation. When you refer to them as delta igbos then you are including us from our own point of view. This is true because the threads created by ikas and ndokwas here on nairaland are always derailed by this igbo thing.

There will only be strife if they try to eat their cake and have it again at the same time, by the way ndokwa is the most populated among the three groups. We believe in equity, justice equality, fairness, brotherhood, collectivism and that unity is our strength. We don't care about numbers sorry, the three groups can stand individually on their own and negotiate their future through strategic alliances. Except the anioma identity that is still coming up, we are already good to go under the anioma umbrella so there will be nothing like discrimination if everyone stays true to the course. It is either you are in 100 percent or you are out, no one is forcing anioma on anyone and everyone is free to be whatever they think is best for them.

I will not dispute your last paragraph because within anioma too we all know they are closely related to some of the groups in anambra state. We lost the creation of anioma state in the past because those anioma regions from anambra state wanted to join and that lost us the needed support. I will not be quick to conclude that in a free choice situation that they will decide to go right or left until that becomes a reality.

We are not native speakers of igbo language, the Ikas speak ika while the Ndokwas speak ukwuani-aboh-ndoni language ( Scandinavian languages are related too just as our language can be related to that of others ). We have been exercising that freedom here but you guys will not let us be as can be seen from this thread and the other disturbance all over the place. The relation is that Spain is a nationality like igbo is a nationality and not an ethnic group. The Catalan are an ethnic group like other ethnic groups that make up Spain who also want to exert their distinctive identity within Spain or breakaway if that is not possible. We as Ndokwas want to maintain our distinctive ethnic identity in whatever nationality we wish to belong and this nationality will not be imposed on us or shoved down our throat.

Presently we are rightfully grouped under the igbo people cluster, that is a nationality and not an ethnic group. A nationality is made up of different ethnic groups that it is possible to see themselves as brothers and live peacefully under one country if everything is right in place ( My emphasis here). Each ethnic group within a nationality has a right to self determination like the Catalans are doing and other ethnic groups within the Spanish nationality. That is the relation between us and the Catalans, i believe we also have a right to form our own nationality like we have done with the anioma term. Hope we can understand that most nationalities like the french, Spanish etc were cemented by brute force and it is possible also to come together based on mutual terms.

Here is a link to some nationalities within Africa and take a look at the people in edo state to see that they do not share nationality with the Yorubas. Take a look also at the nationality in Europe and you will see that the basque region in Spain right now is even a separate nationality and take a look at the Spanish nationality too see the breakdown of the ethnic groups.

Guinean Nationality ( It stretches through West Africa)

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-clusters.php?peo2=181

Igbo Nationality

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-clusters.php

Yoruba Nationality

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-clusters.php

List of Nationalities in Europe

http://www.joshuaproject.net/affinity-blocs.php

Now take a look at the link to see the struggles going on in the Spanish nationality to understand the aspirations of the various ethnic groups within Spain and that it goes beyond Catalonia.

Identity Struggle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalisms_and_regionalisms_of_Spain

Languages
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Spain

Ethnic Groups
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Spain#Ethnic_groups

N.B I very much appreciate the fact that we have discussed without throwing insults or calling people slaves thanks.

At the end of the day it doesn't stop us from joint development with the igbos as can be seen in the Nordics, EU, etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.