Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks (27190 Views)

Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... / I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by JustME7(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2018
I schooled there and graduated last year. I know her from afar, and I know two other persons among the 13 that was expelled. I was really shocked by the decision of the university to expel them.

The case has been on since our final exams. Yes it's true that it was leaked by a driver to one of the lecturers. This that partook in the expo scored far higher than those that didn't. Hence, the need to redo the exams.

I watched with pity on my fellow level-mates as they prepared and read all through the night for their rescheduled exams. On the day we graduated, Economics didn't graduate. I had close friends there. I felt for them.

Now, 13 of them were expelled. One is even the son of a lecturer in that school. Its really shocking, the decision the VC took. Prof. Angela Freeman Miri, It is well with you.

This cannot be their end after spending 4 years in a school with the scorching sun, the wicked mosquitoes and a host of other negative circumstances and/or situations.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by naijacentric(m): 12:52am On Jul 01, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
Apart from the fact that the English is so poor, I find it very difficult to understand the message she's trying to pass across.
Was she blamed for leaking exam question or was she accused of passing the exam beyond imagination...... She has explained nothing in her write up here
mr sabinus we av seen u kolo mentality may God help ur soul die on top anoda man language
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Etuagievin(m): 2:31am On Jul 01, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
Apart from the fact that the English is so poor, I find it very difficult to understand the message she's trying to pass across.
Was she blamed for leaking exam question or was she accused of passing the exam beyond imagination...... She has explained nothing in her write up here
. You mean you can't comprehend simple english again Mr i- too - know.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Aleora(f): 4:52am On Jul 01, 2018
ANTONINEUTRON:
Abeg Na Wetin??
local food joint.Happy New month
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by AmeLonRo(m): 5:05am On Jul 01, 2018
Eliteklaus:
Collective punishment, another attribute of a myopic society
Pray against collective and individual captivity.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by guass(m): 6:15am On Jul 01, 2018
k
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by guass(m): 6:16am On Jul 01, 2018
Letenwam:
A Nigerian lady who was handed her expulsion letter from Federal University Lokoja few days ago, has narrated what really led to the incident on Twitter. 

According to the lady who disclosed that she is an orphan, her journey to getting expelled started after an examination leakage where some students were alleged to have bought questions from a driver.

Twitter user @yoitslegit who shared the story on behalf of the Federal University Lokoja student identified as Lydia Lawal, wrote;

My name is Lydia Lawal, I studied Economics at Federal University lokoja. After 4 years of blood and sweat my university handed me an expulsion letter unjustly. Please I want all well meaning Nigerians to help share my story till we get justice.

I gained admission to Federal University lokoja in 2013, as an orphan I had to work in Lagos during the long vacations to pay my school fees. And from my first semester to 400 level first semester I was on second class upper with a 4 point cgpa.

The issue that led to the expulsion of 13 students in my class started during my final exams when there was an alleged examination leakage where some students were said to have bought questions from a driver.

I happened to be the departmental president at the time of the crises and I was called by my head of department to answer some with less than a week's notice. The university management refused to release the result of the new exam, refused to convok my department with others and didn't mobilize us for NYSC.

I was shocked that after almost 9months the university management called 13 of us which includes the best student in my class with a cgpa of 4.9 to come and pick up an expulsion letter, and our names pasted all over the school as expelled students.

The Vice chancellor claims that as long as you were invited to the exam malpractice committee, then it's enough reason to believe one is involved.Please I am asking for an human right activist to take up our case. Please I cannot afford the services of a lawyer. Please don't let this injustice be swept under carpet , we believe they are playing politics with our lives

https://lailasnews.com/lady-shares-story-behind-her-unjust-expulsion-from-federal-university-lokoja/

Though this write-up is one-sided, there are important questions begging for answers:
What are the actual allegations leveled up against you that were revealed to you at the Exam. Malpractice Committee?
Did they find any exhibit within you during the exam?
Was it one of the victims that confessed your name?
Was your crime because you scored a high CGPA or because you were the President of your department?
You did not tell us the actual role you played. No lawyer would initiate litigations on the school without arming himself with the facts.

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by adewalle1(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2018
buhari must hear this angry
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Iddossam: 7:00am On Jul 01, 2018
As far as am concerned, she didn't explain the real reason why she was expelled..... I can't listen to her excuse alone and start judging the school management..... I will investigate the matter and do something about it.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by ochallo: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2018
Timekeeper:
If you think this is buhari's fault, click like, if not click share

You’re correct, Buhari appointed the present VLC after unceremoniously removing the guy that set up the school.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by tboy2233: 7:06am On Jul 01, 2018
greatman247:
What a joke of a university. I guess this is a glorified secondary school. If indeed there was no investigation prior to the expulsion. How can a VC say as long as anyone is invited it implies such student is involved? I guess the school was suppose to do their due diligence and not dwell on assumptions. I no blame them at all. As soon as i saw that the school was from Kogi, Yahaya Bello comes to mind. I doubt he even develop the school or pay their salary that might be the reason the school authority was dwelling on assumptions. Like YAYA BELLO LIKE THE VC. Bunch of jokers. grin grin
I doubt if you read through the whole write up cuz if you did you will know the school belongs to the federal government and has nothing to do with GYB
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by olawale780: 7:13am On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:

You don't seem like a smart person, don't try too hard. Just let it be.
I was about saying that, help me ask him what did he score when he wrote IELTS, that is if he knows what am talking about, rubbish
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2018
I schooled there and I can testify that FUL is such a glorified Secondary School right from the way students behave immature down to the childish attitude of most of it lecturers and those in higher position reek of unfairness and unjust manner in handling things. School wey carry over don become a norm. The way students dey fail for that school ehnnn. na only by the grace of God some students take graduate from that annoying school.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Elowhite8(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
you are the person that refuse to understand just because you are interested on her foreign language. Get sense

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by cruzifixzo: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
u really have a dumb head not to get the message
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by akrm01: 8:04am On Jul 01, 2018
greatman247:
What a joke of a university. I guess this is a glorified secondary school. If indeed there was no investigation prior to the expulsion. How can a VC say as long as anyone is invited it implies such student is involved? I guess the school was suppose to do their due diligence and not dwell on assumptions. I no blame them at all. As soon as i saw that the school was from Kogi, Yahaya Bello comes to mind. I doubt he even develop the school or pay their salary that might be the reason the school authority was dwelling on assumptions. Like YAYA BELLO LIKE THE VC. Bunch of jokers. grin grin

it is federal university, so it is not under Yahaya Bello
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by tytunji29(m): 8:10am On Jul 01, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
english is poor!!! y re u like dis sumone jst lost her 4yrs of labour nd d bst u can say is ha english is poor
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by holatunde1759(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2018
BOOMnaija:
Ori temi o ni gbabode undecided

Amin ooo a ti te mi na

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by daveP(m): 8:38am On Jul 01, 2018
AccessME:
I schooled there and I can testify that FUL is such a glorified Secondary School right from the way students behave immature down to the childish attitude of most of it lecturers and those in higher position reek of unfairness and unjust manner in handling things. School wey carry over don become a norm. The way students dey fail for that school ehnnn. na only by the grace of God some students take graduate from that annoying school.
Lol mass failure here and there, especially in sciences. it's just too too evil. When aluta starts now, wisdom would be expensive.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by DrTims(m): 10:14am On Jul 01, 2018
The school is a federal university. One of the universities established by Goodluck Jonathan undecidedYahaya Bello does not pay their salary angry
greatman247:
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by wolfnigga: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018

Nigeria oh Nigeria
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Egein(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2018
kestolove95:
Is dix one university?
That you spell "this" as "dix" is enough evidence that you don't know what a university is.
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by ajayiopy: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
I had a similar experience in my final year,i was wrongly accused of cultism and i met wit mine HOD ,explained myself for hours but i was sent out from his office .i thought i cud manage the situation but i couldn't . I was humilated by friends and pals but i held on on my faith . After i dropped my pen for my last paper ,a letter was given me same day requesting me to avail myself for questioning following week.. i went home sad and i met with dad following day and explained the situation . I thought my dad will be disappointed in me but congratulated me and he said you are now a millionaire . I could not reason it out. The following day,we filled a case against the school. I faced the panel with my past academic achievements and tried to defend myself but no way. At this point , i was praying to God to speed up the marking and God heard. My results was pasted and i graduated with 3.92.
I quickly called the lawyer to advice the school,my institution was summoned and i won the case with 10Million damages paid into my account ,not only that my institution mobilized only me for NYSC in july 2005 because other guys were mobilized in February same year.
Once you are sure that you didn't indulge in any malpractice then congratulations in advance . If you need an advice ,check my signature

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) / Check Absu Results Online Now / Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.