Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29870 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bemster(f): 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

lol; sure thing

@tkb, I dont remember appointing you as my love-vendor oh! shocked

@OP and all others that think if you live in the UK you are jealous of visiting Nigerians and vice versa, change your parade!!!

Find new peeps to hang out with because if you hang with the right people, surely it wont be jealousy you will be spewing but rather you will be inspired to move up the ladder wink
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
martinosi:

Yeah i know the Knowledge is way above your understanding,
But dont fight yourself trying to comprehend it, ROFLAMO!!!

yes, it's above my understanding, but people like you are the ones constantly giving nigeria a bad name because later you'll start shouting about how armed robbers are disturbing you whenever you go home.

if you dont feel too swollen headed, explain to me how someone making £20 per hour and with a 36 hour workweek, will buy three to four houses in lekki, and also own two or more houses in spain, portugal and UK.

all this after paying rent/mortgage in the UK and paying other bills. abi you dont pay rent/mortgage?

of course we all know drug couriering brings in extra dough and can even get anyone ten houses in lekki and an additional six buildings in spain/portugal. Likewise fronting for politicians can do the same.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
martinosi:

Hmmm so you have started acting out like a little child with your
"ITK" (I too Know) mentality, lol,
Its the Nigerian facade that some of your dumb-witt "Packo-Butta" boys
put on, a defense mechanism to hide your shallownesss,

I shall live your to your devises, u r acting like "Canon-fodder"
"sheeple" and "Game",

Have fun in your self-delusion,
anybody with a translation

Sauron, can you help?

i only asked about ur infrastrutural devpt projects and u had to spew all that

bros, i no dey do ITK o but im sure i sabi pass 15,000 martinosis
no be fumble o grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
bemster:

@tkb, I dont remember appointing you as my love-vendor oh! shocked

@OP and all others that think if you live in the UK you are jealous of visiting Nigerians and vice versa, change your parade!!!

Find new peeps to hang out with because if you hang with the right people, surely it wont be jealousy you will be spewing but rather you will be inspired to move up the ladder wink
LOL

have we met b4 grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
tpiah:

yes, it's above my understanding, but people like you are the ones constantly giving nigeria a bad name because later you'll start shouting about how armed robbers are disturbing you whenever you go home.

if you dont feel too swollen headed, explain to me how someone making £20 per hour and with a 36 hour workweek, will buy three to four houses in lekki, and also own two or more houses in spain, portugal and UK.

all this after paying rent/mortgage in the UK and paying other bills. abi you dont pay rent/mortgage?

of course we all know drug couriering brings in extra dough and can even get anyone ten houses in lekki and an additional six buildings in spain/portugal. Likewise fronting for politicians can do the same.

Stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum. . . . .

Anyone making 20 quid per hour working 50 hours a week makes 1000 GBP a week(4000GBP a month)!!!
With such income, his credit score is in the top echelon and he can actually buy properties without down payments-  In case you haven't heard, there are 110% mortgages in the UK and in Europe.
Grab a book instead of bitching yourself about on a forum like a dejected soul.

bemster:

@tkb, I dont remember appointing you as my love-vendor oh!  shocked

Find new peeps to hang out with because if you hang with the right people, surely it wont be jealousy you will be spewing but rather you will be inspired to move up the ladder  wink

Hello, Bemster.
I have been expecting you on this thread. TKB said you are the coolest Naija chic in Europe. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^b.itch, i wasnt talking to you.

and if you understand english language, i specified a 36 hour workweek, f.ool.

they dash you visa person no go hear word again.

bush animal.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2010

Anyone making 20 quid per hour working 50 hours a week makes 1000 GBP a week(4000GBP a month)!!!
With such income, his credit score is in the top echelon and he can actually buy properties without down payments-  In case you haven't heard, there are 110% mortgages in the UK and in Europe.
hehehehe

what about the 3 houses in Lekki?
were they financed by your banks too?
LOL
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bemster(f): 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

LOL

have we met b4 grin grin grin

I dont know, have we? Sure I'll remember something like that! smiley wink

~Sauron~:

With such income, his credit score is in the top echelon and he can actually buy properties without down payments- In case you haven't heard, there are 110% mortgages in the UK and in Europe.

Hello, Bemster.
I have been expecting you on this thread. TKB said you are the coolest Naija chic in Europe. grin

tkb said that? shocked but I do agree with him though grin wink
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

hehehehe

what about the 3 houses in Lekki?
were they financed by your banks too?
LOL

Mortgage nor dey Naija abi what are you talking about?
Anyone making 4000GBP a month in the UK can take out loans, credit cards and scores of different credit facilities.
Everything doesn't have to be CASH!!!!

tpiah:

Old hag, no one works less than 40 hours a week on FULL-TIME.
For men that love working Saturdays, they go 40+/50+ hours so stop spewing fuckery.

I am aware you always try so hard to be intelligent but your creeping neurosis is a stumbling block.
When intellectuals are discussing, stay at the back. . .ABEG!!!

bemster:

I dont know, have we? Sure I'll remember something like that! smiley wink

tkb said that? shocked but I do agree with him though grin wink

He also told me something i can only share in private. wink cheesy
Can i come to your crib tonight and deliver the message? cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by 2CatWoman: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2010
tpiah:

I don't know anyone who works 36 hours (more like 37.5) but there are plenty of instances where you can work overtime and gat paid for it so under those circumstances, it's possibe to earn £1000 per week. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
2CatWoman:

I don't know anyone who works 36 hours (more like 37.5) but there are plenty of instances where you can work overtime and gat paid for it so under those circumstances, it's possibe to earn £1000 per month. grin

A week you must mean!!! cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
Anyone making 4000GBP a month in the UK can take out loans, credit cards and scores of different credit facilities.
i agree

1,000 GBP a week is less than 12m gross

take out ur tax and u have like 7m net

is that enuff to own properties in UK, Portugal, 3 houses in lekki and even seychelles?

dude, i work numbers and im sure this is what i do for a living

so what u chattin?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
He also told me something i can only share in private.
Can i come to your crib tonight and deliver the message
shes gone to cardiff grin grin grin

she wont be home till end of summer grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

so what u chattin?

Dude, QUIT ALREADY !!!!

roflmao!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, QUIT ALREADY !!!!

roflmao!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
u tipsy or u wanna add ur line to the arithmetic?
be ma guest grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bemster(f): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Old hag, no one works less than 40 hours a week on FULL-TIME.
For men that love working Saturdays, they go 40+/50+ hours so stop spewing fuckery.

I am aware you always try so hard to be intelligent but your creeping neurosis is a stumbling block.
When intellectuals are discussing, stay at the back. . .ABEG!!!

He also told me something i can only share in private. wink cheesy
Can i come to your crib tonight and deliver the message? cheesy

Ahhhhh, TKB and his astuteness! He told me YOU will say that shocked smiley
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

i agree
1,000 GBP a week is less than 12m gross
take out your tax and u have like 7m net

1,000 GBP a week is 52,000GBP a year(13 million Naira) but that amount is just the tip of the ice-berg.
Credit card companies like Amex will kill to make you one of their customers. They offer NO LIMIT credit cards so start calculating. . . . grin cheesy
Loan companies would be after your arse 24/7 so SKY is the limit, my brother.

is that enuff to own properties in UK, Portugal, 3 houses in lekki and even seychelles?

It is more than enough.
Getting houses in UK, Portugal and Lekki is not the most difficult thing to achieve if you are interested in housing/properties.
With as little as low as 5% payment of the house-prices, the properties are YOURS.

so what u chattin?

U always get your numbers wrong.
U told us yesterday 500,000 Naira is 27,000 GBP, didn't you? grin cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
1,000 GBP a week is 52,000GBP a year(13 million Naira) but that amount is just the tip of the ice-berg.
Credit card companies like Amex will kill to make you their customers.
Loan companies would be after your arse 24/7 so SKY is the limit, my brother.
LOLOL

1 GBP =225
1,000 = 225,000
4,000= 900,000

52,000 < 12m

agreeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you able to use that to claim loans to buy houses to UK, Portugal and about 240millon worth of houses in Nigeria?
NO sir. i
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
It is more than enough.
Getting houses in UK, Portugal and Lekki is not the most difficult thing to achieve if you are interested in housing/properties.
With as little as low as 5% payment of the house-prices, the properties are YOURS.
do u want me to spoon feed you

take the 240million into the equation and tell me how u will get those mortgaged after the Portugal and UK houses
LOL

dont take the endogenous variable away from the mix. It determines the outcome of this linear equation bros mi grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by eldee(m): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Sauron

You forgot to add the fact that most people in the finance and legal sector live off bonuses.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by youfreshie: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
This has been on my mind for quite some time but i personally thought that it was just me that noticed this trend anytime i am in the Uk for a visit,but recently some of my friends who also got first hand cold shoulder treatment from these so called "Permanent Resident" Nigerians in UK who often act in ways that suggest that they are envious of we Nigerians who can afford to just come over for visits in the Uk rather that come and join them in the hustle over there.

My second cousins who live in Liverpool always try as much as possible to avoid me visiting them anytime i am in town and sometimes i want to believe that probably it is their conservative nature at work but when the tables turned around and they were the ones visiting us at our family house in Nigeria, the youngest of my 3 cousins confessed that it seemed that the other 2 had issues or just outrightly jealous that i could afford to come over to UK  like 2wice a year .As funny as it may seem this has always been the case with some of my old school mates who decided to make UK was their final destination. They are always obtaining their visiting counterparts who come for holiday.

Even on Nairaland, there was the same attitude of outright cold shoulder on the thread about the Lagos Dump hustler (Vocal Slender) whom by fate and goodwill is currently in the UK for some shows. right on that thread it seems the permanent residency Nigerians in UK are getting so worked up that they couldn't hide their envy  about this guy's visit.  Undecided  Undecided  Huh

Lol this is funny. I was born and raised in East London so I cannot speak for the freshies you are talking about.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
U always get your numbers wrong.
U told us yesterday 500,000 Naira is 27,000 GBP, didn't you?
trust me
only Ibime, Jarus and dayokanu i dey fear for numbers on NL

lemme break it down

someone said an average Nigerian spends N500,000 month on rent
500,000 = N6million per annum
divide by 225 , u get 26,666
approx 27,000 GBP
trust me i sabi maths pass u grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

LOLOL

1 GBP =225
1,000 = 225,000
4,000= 900,000

52,000 < 12m

agreeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1GBP = 260
1000GBP = 260,000
52,000GBP = 13.5 milla which is greater than your 12 milla. grin cheesy

are you able to use that to claim loans to buy houses to UK, Portugal and about 240millon worth of houses in Nigeria?
NO sir. i

People making less than that per year take out big loans. . . .
It's dependent on your credit score. As long as your income is constant. . . .One can achieve anything.
The Glazers bought the biggest football club in the world on credit with LOANS.

tkb417:

trust me
only Ibime, Jarus and dayokanu i dey fear for numbers on NL
lemme break it down

By the end of this debate, you will fear me as well. grin cheesy

someone said an average Nigerian spends N500,000 month on rent
500,000 = N6million per annum
divide by 225 , u get 26,666
approx 27,000 GBP

I guess we are working with different exchange rates so no need to blow your trumpet.

trust me i sabi maths pass u grin grin grin

I was an engineering student o - so dont compare your guguru n epa commercial mathematics with what i did.
If you turn to numerals, i will tear you apart. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by youfreshie: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
anyone who makes jest of either relatives/friends/enemies after he/she was accomodated for free must be a doofus

Lmao who says doofus anymore!!? tongue
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
1GBP = 260
1000GBP = 260,000
52,000GBP = 13.5 milla which is greater than your 12 milla.
1 GBP = 225 Naira

People making less than that per year take out big loans. . . .
It's dependent on your credit score. As long as your income is constant. . . .One can achieve anything.
The Glazers bought the biggest football club in the world on credit with LOANS
ure right

u dont get me. when ure done with the UK and European mortgages
how will the man finance the 240m worth of houses in Lekki
very key

any answer? cos i doubt he can get mortages here in Nigeria with 5% down payment
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2010
youfreshie:

Lmao who says doofus anymore!!? tongue
is that the only thing u have seen on this thread?

go and play ps3 grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

1 GBP = 225 Naira

That is the current rate.
There was a time 1GBP was 260 Naira, isn't it?

u dont get me. when ure done with the UK and European mortgages
how will the man finance the 240m worth of houses in Lekki
very key

Not all houses in Lekki are worth 80 milla Naira.
3 houses in Lekki could be 30 milla.

any answer? cos i doubt he can get mortages here in Nigeria with 5% down payment

How do you know?
Are you into housing/properties?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ahhhhh, TKB and his astuteness! He told me YOU will say that

Hey bemster, You come highly recomended from Smith Barney.

My name is Dayokanu and I dont know tkb, Sauron or eldee can I, cool cool

If someone makes 4,000 GBP a month thats not the end,

Do you know most Naija ppl have some side biz going on?  I mentioned sometime earlier a guy who works as CNA and drive cabs in Chicago ships cars to Naija, from there he graduated to trucks and has 2 trucks working for him in Naija.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
Where did @martinosi go.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

If someone makes 4,000 GBP a month thats not the end,

Do you know most Naija ppl have some side biz going on? I mentioned sometime earlier a guy who works as CNA and drive cabs in Chicago ships cars to Naija, from there he graduated to trucks and has 2 trucks working for him in Naija.
yes, but we are working on the assumption of 1,000 GBP a week grin grin grin

even a janitor with side biz can own a jet grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

yes, but we are working on the assumption of 1,000 GBP a week grin grin grin

even a janitor with side biz can own a jet grin grin

Are you also working under the assumption that this person will only have ONE YEAR to get this money or is the person allowed to apply savings accrued over years of working at this job as well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. / 12 Injured, Vehicles Vandalised In APC, PDP Clash / Youths Killed As Senator Sha'aba Lafiagi's Soldier Escorts Shoot Them (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.