Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29872 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
4,000GBP over a long period of time will own 3 houses in Old Ikoyi(never mind Lekki).

ignorance will not wound u

bemster gave u a teaser
deal with it grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

I said credit facility therefore its not a gift.

Which loan doesnt pay back with Interest? If I give you a loan of $100,000 and you turn it to $1m in two yrs. The Interest would still be on the inital $100,00 borrowed and max he pays back $35k as interest the

$1m(Proceed) - $100k(Principal) - $35K(interst) still belongs to the guy.

or how do you think Dangote and Adenuga turned billionaires?

^^what i'm telling you is there's nothing to rejoice about if you get a $100,000 loan abroad and you have no viable plan for the future.

overseas isnt nigeria where you can get away with anything! And in nigeria it's entirely possible you get a quick and profitable turnover for your money.

the interest alone should sober you!

which $100,000 are you turning to $1m in 2 years overseas without the feds bugging you for taxes.

we're talking above board dealings here, not korokoro.!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by 2CatWoman: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
Would they not service most of the debt by getting some tenants?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
tpiah:

@ saraa abi na sheeprun
^^ oh shut up you retard.

Stupidity and Idiocy fell in love and you happen to be their love-child.
Woe unto the man that made you this way.
What a bitter-c[i]u[/i]nt!!!

you think i have time to be exchanging words and making myself look as s.tupid as you?

U have always been SENSELESS. . . .
Trying not to be retarded this evening does not change who you are.
By my estimation, you are the most retarded female this forum has produced YET. grin grin grin

who is twice your age?

Are you going to deny you were born in 1970?
You useless old hag!!!

are you mistaking me for your 70 year old sugar mummy who is 20 years your senior?

This does not explain how you traveled to the States to LovePeddler yourself to em Mexicans!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
bemster:

@every pseudo-math-head that has posted so far, have I missed it or has everyone ignored the fact that if the so-called £4000 a month-earning-dude has these 5 houses all over the globe (that are debt financed), there's no way he's going to be able to service all the debt based on his take home pay alone.

In essence you are making the assumption that all 5 properties are VACANT i.e UNRENTED? lol
I mean you would have to make that assumption to come to the conclusion above.

bemster:
Yes, in the UK and US you can get cheap credit, but at what price? And not forgetting that if you are in the upper echelons as the dude arguably is, your NI and tax is about 40% and if you are in finance industry, its virtually knocking on 50%,
I don't mean to be pedantic o, but these are salient points that you math-heads have failed to touch on IMHO

I live in one of the largest cities in the country and taxes on the average home here averages about $1000 a year.

2CatWoman:

Abi ooo!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Stupidity and Idiocy fell in love and you happen to be their love-child.
Woe unto the man that made you this way.
What a bitter-c[i]u[/i]nt!!!

U have always been SENSELESS. . . .
Trying not to be retarded this evening does not change who you are.
By my estimation, you are the most retarded female this forum has produced YET. grin grin grin

Are you going to deny you were born in 1970?
You useless old hag!!!

This does not explain how you traveled to the States to LovePeddler yourself to em Mexicans!!!

iya ati babanla e.

if i was born in 1970 and you were born in 1960, who's the bigger fool between me and you?

no be your faggoty self?

see as the yeye wan die on top britain. oponu jatijati.

abeg begone you crap.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
bemster:

@every pseudo-math-head that has posted so far, have I missed it or has everyone ignored the fact that if the so-called £4000 a month-earning-dude has these 5 houses all over the globe (that are debt financed), there's no way he's going to be able to service all the debt based on his take home pay alone.  
Yes, in the UK and US you can get cheap credit, but at what price? And not forgetting that if you are in the upper echelons as the dude arguably is, your NI and tax is about 40% and if you are in finance industry, its virtually knocking on 50%,
I don't mean to be pedantic o, but these are salient points that you math-heads have failed to touch on IMHO

Tenants will service those debts for him. . . . . .
That's the least of his problems.
As the guy clearly stated, he is into Housing/Properties.
No one sets out to make losses - for him to have acquired that many properties - he is reaping some mad cheddarz from it.

tpiah:

iya ati babanla e.

Yet more evidence you were conceived in a cheap drunk affair.
Tsk. . .tsk!!!

if i was born in 1970 and you were born in 1960, who's the bigger fool between me and you?
no be your faggoty self?

Thank God i have met few peops on this forum to confirm i am nowhere as geriatric as you are.
What evidence can you provide that you are not 40?
You useless piece of shyte. . . . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
2CatWoman:

In essence you are making the assumption that all 5 properties are VACANT i.e UNRENTED? lol
I mean you would have to make that assumption to come to the conclusion above.

are we talking about debt financing or mortgages here?
lets be clear
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
I'm amazed at your impressive investigative powers

Thats one of my superpowers.

Can you, what though?

Can I know you in close quarters

I will suggest that you make your response PG, else TKB might claw your eyes out  

Tkb knows his masters, Else MEND would shift headquarters to Abeokuta where his extended family lives.

My own point is that if he invested the saving of 5yrs of yansh cleaning jobs into something. In the Nigerian Stock Exchange boom of 2007-2008 some people made 1000% profit in weeks. Ask Tkb.

Even there are some financial Instruments folks invest in within Nigeria that yield good returns.

Before we now go into the informal sector like investing in agriculture(Poultry etc) investing in transportation. Do you know some properties yielded over 200% profit withing one yr of purchase in that same Ngeria
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Tenants will service those debts for him. . . . . .
That's the least of his problems.
As the guy clearly stated, he is into Housing/Properties.
No one sets out to make losses - for him to have acquired that many properties - he is reaping some mad cheddarz from it.

Yet more evidence you were conceived in a cheap drunk affair.
Tsk. . .tsk!!!

Thank God i have met few peops on this forum to confirm i am nowhere as geriatric as you are.
What evidence can you provide that you are not 40?
You useless piece of shyte. . . . . . .

your mama, papa and entire lineage are pieces of sh[i]i[/i]t.

50 year old f.ool.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
tpiah:

your mama, papa and entire lineage are pieces of droppings.

Don't compare mine to yours. . . .
I don't need to meet your parents to know how useless they are in parenting.
Look at yourself and tell me you are not a monumental failure and a disgrace to your entire pedigree.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
My own point is that if he invested the saving of 5yrs of yansh cleaning jobs into something. In the Nigerian Stock Exchange boom of 2007-2008 some people made 1000% profit in weeks. Ask Tkb.

Even there are some financial Instruments folks invest in within Nigeria that yield good returns.

Before we now go into the informal sector like investing in agriculture(Poultry etc) investing in transportation. Do you know some properties yielded over 200% profit withing one yr of purchase in that same Ngeria
and what makes u think if u invest 100,000 in a biz in Nigeria or anywhere else, u will reap money?

how are u sure about that?

ure talking about 07/08 when people made money, didnt the same people lose all what they made in 08/09?
bros, base ur assumptions on tangibles. The only fixed variable here is the income
all other side kicks are unverifiable assumptions that canot be modeled into this schitzo
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

and what makes u think if u invest 100,000 in a biz in Nigeria or anywhere else, u will reap money?

Even in fixed deposit? shocked shocked shocked shocked
TKB. . . . . . .What are you drinking na?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by 2CatWoman: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ tkb417

Why keep moving goalposts?

No business investment is guaranteed but people take (calculated) risks and hope to reap future dividend.
grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
what i'm telling you is there's nothing to rejoice about if you get a $100,000 loan abroad and you have no viable plan for the future.

overseas isnt nigeria where you can get away with anything! And in nigeria it's entirely possible you get a quick and profitable turnover for your money.

Why would you take a loan if you dnt have a plan to turn it over? I am not talking about taking loans for birthday parties or Owambe

the interest alone should sober you!

which $100,000 are you turning to $1m in 2 years overseas without the feds bugging you for taxes.

we're talking above board dealings here, not korokoro.!

It might be difficult in the US but not in Nigeria cos Naija economy is not that regulated and we have lots of flunctuations and underprized assets.

Even in the US some things happen. For example I know someone who trade in OTC he bought ACLH( A cleaning company) in December for $0.001 in April in the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill the stock rose to $0.08.

The guy in question didnt even sell at 0.08 he sold at 0.064 (But na small money the guy put for the thing and didnt monitor it closely)
That means if he put in 1,000 he would sell for 64,000.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by yme1(f): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
its hot in here shocked shocked thot i was gonna make one or two points but i berra bounce cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Even in fixed deposit? shocked shocked shocked shocked
TKB. . . . . . .What are you drinking na?
fixed deposits of 22% and ur servicing d debt for more than 22%
what are u yakking?
if u dont understand this thing, wont u ask questions grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
2CatWoman:

@ tkb417

No business investment is guaranteed but people take (calculated) risks and hope to reap future dividend.
grin
LOL
it was sauron and DK that came with the goal post shfting strategies
i have to play the game like them na grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

fixed deposits of 22% and your servicing d debt for more than 22%
what are u yakking?
if u dont understand this thing, wont u ask questions grin grin

How do you know at what rate the debt is being serviced?
TKB. . . . .This is about the 10th time you are assuming like Newton.
Won't you stop this Shekpe? grin grin grin

2CatWoman:

@ tkb417

grin

He's been cornered several times only to shift the goalposts.
The boy admitted some 10 and a half minutes ago that we are right but the alcohol has kicked in again. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
25 pounds an hour is like 1000 a week which is 52000 pounds a year. after tax you are on like 40 k. this equates to about 10 million naira. shytttt you cant even buy a hut for that in lagos. so i dont know how yall come about all these assets you mentioned. sounds like a lie to me. someone who is washing yansh is definitely not a big time business man. sounds like a small time guy with maybe a little business on the side. maybe like his wife has naija restaurant in peckham.

anyway no matter how you dissect it, it still does not add up. american express does not give you unlimited credit limit because you earn 52 k. those kind of limits are for ceos, robbie williams, jay z, liam gallagher etc. at most amex will give you 30 grand credit limit.

yall aint ready yet.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
It might be difficult in the US but not in Nigeria cos Naija economy is not that regulated and we have lots of flunctuations and underprized assets.
oga what are u saying?

most assets have lost value since the liquidity issues started in Nigeria
so what tells u if u bring 100,000 to 9ja now, u will make money?
what?

even ur banks that were once money makin machines were in red when financials were released

oil traders are groaning under exchange risks, so what sector are u talking about?
even ur computer villa and alaba people don gentle
no gawk urself
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2010

What makes you think if you type you would be able to post without the server crashing before? Nothing is guaranteed in the world and some risks work out while some dont

So if this yansh cleaner was among those who cleaned out or even better still chopped money of wonder banks of old nko? grin grin grin

ure talking about 07/08 when people made money, didnt the same people lose all what they made in 08/09?

Some made money and cleaned out and are made from it while a lot lost money

bros, base your assumptions on tangibles. The only fixed variable here is the income

What makes you think he cant be fired and the income sef becomes a variable

A= B(Fixed) + c(x)

all other side kicks are unverifiable assumptions that canot be modeled into this schitzo

Then which income are verifiable?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
buzugee:

anyway no matter how you dissect it, it still does not add up. american express does not give you unlimited credit limited because you earn 52 k. those kind of limits are for ceos, robbie williams, jay z, liam gallagher etc. at most amex will give you 30 grand credit limit.

yall aint ready yet.

You are clueless. . . . .
American Express gives 'no limit' credit cards yafun yafun to the expats in my company.
If you don't know about stuffs, don't yap your mouth on a public forum.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bemster(f): 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

are we talking about debt financing or mortgages here?
lets be clear

Exactly,

You need to get the mortgage first and no bank in their right mind will loan money to buy 5 reasonably priced houses to someone on just £48k p.a Fact! He needs to crawl before running now!

I know people on six-figure salaries and they dont even have 3 houses talk less of 5 houses. I'm sure a lot of the people posting here might be earning at least half of that sum i.e. £24k. How many of you have 2.5 houses? Lets not forget that the average mortgage payment for a small house in London is at least £1000

Let's just forget the numbers for a minute and think about it practically. IMHO, you can only have 5 houses in the places you guys mentioned and still live comfortably if you are on at least £150k - but we all have our idea of what living comfortably entails wink
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
How do you know at what rate the debt is being serviced?
TKB. . . . .This is about the 10th time you are assuming like Newton.
Won't you stop this Shekpe?
why wont i know the rate at which the debt will be serviced

are u high? that is known to everybody in Nigeria
ask and ill tell u.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
What makes you think he cant be fired and the income sef becomes a variable

A= B(Fixed) + c(x)
e be like say the cold for america don dey take ur pwC skills

the risk for the bank is when u get fired hence the'll pray u dont get fired

any other ish is unacceptable to the bank

u have a right to the mortgage on what u earn and not what u claim u can make in 10 yrs
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
American Express gives 'no limit' credit cards yafun yafun to the expats in my company.

why havent u asked for the 'no limit' credits

Sauron, someone on this thread works for citibank London
stop saying what u dont know grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
bemster:

Exactly,
You need to get the mortgage first and no bank in their right mind will loan money to buy 5 reasonably priced houses to someone on just £48k p.a Fact! He needs to crawl before running now!

I know people on six-figure salaries and they dont even have 3 houses talk less of 5 houses. I'm sure a lot of the people posting here might be earning at least half of that sum i.e. £24k. How many of you have 2.5 houses? Lets not forget that the average mortgage payment for a small house in London is at least £1000

Let's just forget the numbers for a minute and think about it practically. IMHO, you can only have 5 houses in the places you guys mentioned and still live comfortably if you are on at least £150k - but we all have our idea of what living comfortably entails  wink

You can have six-figure salaries but if the credit score stinks, loan companies and credit card companies will run away from you.
These things are subjected to your CREDIT SCORE not necessarily how much you take home.

tkb417:

why havent u asked for the 'no limit' credits

I might misbehave. . . .

Sauron, someone on this thread works for citibank London
stop saying what u dont know grin grin grin

I don't have to work for Citibank to know how finances work in the UK.
Most of the big dogs pushing nice automobiles and posh houses here don't even make up to 50,000 GBP.
Its their credit score that counts for them and i am saying any man earning 50,000 GBP for the past 2-3 years can get 5 houses in Lekki.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
25 pounds an hour is like 1000 a week which is 52000 pounds a year. after tax you are on like 40 k. this equates to about 10 million naira. shytttt you cant even buy a hut for that in lagos. so i dont know how yall come about all these assets you mentioned. sounds like a lie to me. someone who is washing yansh is definitely not a big time business man. sounds like a small time guy with maybe a little business on the side. maybe like his wife has naija restaurant in peckham

What you stated above looks more like a Income and Expenditure statement for the year, Have you considered other income(Biz in naija)

In the guys balance sheet, have you considered balance brought forward from prior yr, Account receivables from his debtors in naija etc
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

What you stated above looks more like a Income and Expenditure statement for the year, Have you considered other income(Biz in naija)

In the guys balance sheet, have you considered balance brought forward from prior yr, Account receivables from his debtors in naija etc

guys lets be fair
no other side kicks in here

we dont want other biz theories, its shifting goal post

we are working with 4,000 GBP per month grin grin grin
olojoro
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

i think you are the clueless one. you bask in this illusion of grandeur created by yourself. i see your posts. you are one of those typical naijas that like to talk big to hide some sort of insecurity. all that shyttt you put up there is nonsense. i know people who work for AMEX. i also know people whose job it is to try to defraud amex to test their security.

and secondly no expats in your company will tell a lowly naija worker amongst them that they all have unlimited amex cards lmao. you simply made that up  wink tall tales
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
I know people on six-figure salaries and they dont even have 3 houses talk less of 5 houses. I'm sure a lot of the people posting here might be earning at least half of that sum i.e. £24k. How many of you have 2.5 houses?

I know guys who work in Walmart but has 2 houses in naija though not in Lekki while some people work 6 figure jobs but dont have a tent anywhere.

The guy buys auctioned cars with his paycheck and ship 2 cars to Naija per month which gives him huge returns

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

John Oyegun's Daughter's Traditional Wedding - Photos / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.