Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' (32937 Views)

'I Can’t Live Without Bible’ – Davido / My Sister Is Not Mad - Precious Chikwendu's Elder Sister Prisca Cries Out / Do Not Move To Nigeria, The Country Is Bad - TV Presenter Moni Osibodu Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by peacengine(m): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
baby124:

I agree with you about media propaganda. The truth is once you start getting successful in the West as an African and foreigner the level of hate you get is astonishing. Also, the rate of gun violence in the west is worse than the killings by Nigerian police. Far worse. Children being shot to death, innocent people being killed. A lot of lunatics on the loose with no medical attention. The laws will not change on addressing these societal ills too. There is danger and insecurity everywhere in the world, don’t let anyone convince you that Nigeria is worse than everywhere in the world. Stay at home and try the best you can. It’s much better to be a lion at home than a sheep among wolves in a foreign land.

Obama did nothing about it, Trump's white supremacy stance is even worse. Most successful blacks are not having it easy ma'am. Gun violence in America is crazi 'nd there's no end 'n sight
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Sapphire86(f): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
luorquay:

You are sighted

By who/whom?
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by peacengine(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
newbie2018:

I lost a cry tear reading this....i wish many things too I would have loved to live in my home sad

how did things become this bad for a country?

Feel for u guys bro, maybe one day u can come back home, holla me when u do, I'll treat u to palmwine, plantain and bush meat if you land anywhere near Calabar grin
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by luorquay: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
Sapphire86:

By who/whom?
Mua!!!
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by newbie2018: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
peacengine:

Feel for u guys bro, maybe one day u can come back home, holla me when u do, I'll treat u to palmwine, plantain and bush meat if you land anywhere near Calabar grin

lol OK deal
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by chukxie(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
newbie2018:

I lost a cry tear reading this....i wish many things too I would have loved to live in my home sad

how did things become this bad for a country?

How things became this bad? I guess the devil made Nigeria his abode.
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by SamsonJohn743(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
;DThe part where she said i don't blame the old guy honestly got me.
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
Yeah, she's darm right. Nigeria Is not a country you should live in no matter what you earn you shouldn't base here. Everything about this country is so wrong! Not to mention lack of health care, security and basic amenities. You won't understand how important these things are until you fall very sick or you find yourself in trouble that is when you will realize your better off in Ghana. If I leave this country, I'm never coming back!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
well.. i disagree, i love nigeria! i am moving to nigeria,, grin
Country were you can give police 500 naira and he will shoot someone you don't like for you, and Another 500 naira to the courts to cover the murder up.

country were you are Allowed to urinate or shiit in the streets in broad day light in the present of passers by and you will not be arrested grin

country were you Employ someone and don't pay them salary and they still carry on working for you for Another 2 years without paying them, until you sack them and call SARS to beat them up ontop of the salary you owe them grin

country were you can have sex with about six women in one day including someones wife as long as you buy them chicken and coca cola in MR Biggs. country were you can shoot and kill some one point blank! and No life in prisonment for you grin just bribe every body in Authority and they will even help you get rid of the dead body grin

and so on...

I love Nigeria grin No tax, no parking fine, No Road tax, No council tax, No TV license and No driving with license or insurance.

2 Likes

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by apexmall(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
Well. That's okay.
I love Nigeria. I lived abroad for 2years after my study and when I couldn't find a job I came back to Nigeria.
I can't stay as illegal.
When you get there you will appreciate the rest of mind in Nigeria, paying house rent yearly and not monthly and other benefits. However, the challenge here is that no job, no investors to your business and no security. Bomb and accident here and there.
I love Nigeria and I believe Nigeria will be better soon through people like me.
I have a project at hand which is my contribution to the development of Nigeria to reduce killing in Nigeria.
I'm developing an App that detects bomb blast at about 100-500km which give you signal and route for escape.this works offline and online but trusting God for more funds to finish the whole development and release it to my lovely Nigerians.
Nija go better some day. Let us do all we can do to support.
*Be positive about change
*Respect the leaders
*Love one another
*Be your brother's keeper
*Love Nigeria
*Pray for another.

Thanks
jpegconsultant at gmail dot com

2 Likes

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Skmoda360(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
divineneed:
Any chance i get to leave this country, m never coming back
I can say that a million time.....
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by RedboneSmith(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

well just like in the west....same ball game! some are billionaire and can cheat the system, and other would simply go to jail for the same offence. Nigeria aint different!

Dude, there is no comparison. Yea, no country has a perfect system, but the little man stands a far greater chance of making something out of his life in the west than here.

There Is No Comparison!

1 Like

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by lereinter(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
this woman should ask herself this simple question.... WHY ALL THE RICH MEN IN NIGERIA STAY THERE (if it was indeed so bad there)?!

name them
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by lereinter(m): 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
How does a micra driver survive in Ibadan

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by lereinter(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Dude, there is no comparison. Yea, no country has a perfect system, but the little man stands a far greater chance of making something out of his life in the west than here.

There Is No Comparison!

yes there is NO comparison because there is a big issue with infrastructures etc in Nigeria.... but believe me there are MANY advantages of doing business and/or living in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by dasparrow: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
baby124:

The Chinese face the same discrimination but they live in closed up communities. The last time black people tried to create a closed up community it was bombed. That was black wall street, look it up. There is so much suspicion and hate just because you are black. If you face discrimination then you sympathize with African Americans in how they have given up as all their efforts to rise above their situation is somehow blocked. Now, instead of educating those at home about the reality of life of a black man abroad, we have morons like this Moni painting it as heaven. When it is clearly not.

America is indeed a horrible country to be in if one is black. The racial hatred is on another level in that country. Most blacks in America are miserable. However, Nigeria was not it for me either. The lack of basic amenities, the owing of salaries by employers, the constant discrimination based on tribe, religion, marital status, parental status, gender, financial status, staggering cost of food etc was not something I could endure. At the end, I found Nigeria to be unconducive for me so I had to leave. I don't regret my decision.

1 Like

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Ceasardgreat(m): 12:42am On Jul 06, 2018
She is right and at the same thing her madness is roaming internationally
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by OyinO: 3:10am On Jul 06, 2018
She's 99% Right
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by hollywater: 3:22am On Jul 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

hhmm let me guess.... because there is better treatment there! lots of Americans go to Cuba for cheaper/better treatments there.... lots of Europens go to Turkey, Thailand or Brasil for cheaper plastic surgeries. if you can afford it, no big deal here... unless you expect EVERYONE to be the same, lol! some people will go to India for treatment, others to the US, and some will have to settle for Nigerian hospitals....know your levels!
You are still missing out on the first one. Why did they send their wife to abroad to have their babies?
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2018
hollywater:
You are still missing out on the first one. Why did they send their wife to abroad to have their babies?

come on, we all know that the majority go and have kids abroad to get a FOREIGN PASSPORT for their children.... aka ease to travel the world.
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Grupo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

yes there is NO comparison because there is a big issue with infrastructures etc in Nigeria.... but believe me there are MANY advantages of doing business and/or living in Nigeria.

Could you list these advantages for some of us that want to stay back?
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Jiang - Over to you.....

When a jungle thinks it's working to become a megacity, one person is surely mad and the other sane.......

We shall surely disappoint lots of people who think Nigeria is unfixable by doing the impossible & making it extraordinary grin
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Lexusgs430: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jiang:

We shall surely disappoint lots of people who think Nigeria is unfixable by doing the impossible & making it extraordinary grin

Oga, I like and love your resolve......
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
Grupo:
Could you list these advantages for some of us that want to stay back?

by all means (culled from my reply on a previous thread):
- if you have a successful biz in Europe (France), you can sometimes pay up to 60% (40% in UK) of your gross income IN TAXES (thats 60Kobos out of every Naira you earn going to the gov). in Nigeria, you would easily get away with paying less than 30%.
- in Europe, the minimum wage for a full time staff would be between 600/1000€ monthly (and thats the bottom). while in Nigeria, you can easily find thousands of graduates ready to work for ₦40K monthly.
- in the west, you must pay social contribution (about 15% of salary) of all your staff to the gov. In Nigeria, you dont need to.
- in the west, if i want to give more than €10K to my children, my spouse, my family member (or even a stranger), that person MUST pay taxes on that gift. in Nigeria, i can give anyone even BILLIONS, and they wont have to pay a kobo.
- in the west, if i die and in my will i leave cars/house/biz/money in the bank, my children/wife (or whoever i will leave my wealth to) must pay 40% taxes (minimum) of the total value of my asset, to the gov. example: i leave a house of €500K, a car of 250K and 250K in cash to my children (totall €1M asset), before my kids can own/inherit my wealth, they must pay €400K to the Gov in taxes. if they dont have the money to pay, then the gov will SELL my car or house, pay taxes, and give my children the rest. In Nigeria, what you leave in your will is EXACTLY what they get.
- in the west, there is very small potential for biz, while Africa has SO MUCH MORE potential....a smart person can easily/quickly become successful
- if you own a home in the west, you must pay taxes every year on that house.
- in Europe, petrole for your car cost €1.8 per litre, so you will spend no less than 130€ (depending on your car) to fill the tank up. how much is gas in Nigeria again? exactly!
- getting a good job in the west is not as easy as it seem, and many are left to do menial jobs to survive... especially now with the influx of foreigners and refugees everywhere, and as much as i know many will gladly clean toilets for a minimum wage, after a few years doing it, you will have a change of mind. how would you even get a working visa to begin with?! as being illegal is the worst possible decision one can make. i wont even dwell on our lost brothers who join the slave market (aka marrying a beef looking ugly woman in the west to become slaves to these animals and get papers in the same process)
- cost of living in the west (food, transport etc) is HIGH, while in Africa...
- In the west, if you want to go on a road trip, you have to pay motorway toll gate. Paris to Marseille you pay a total of 60€ for that 7hr journey, how much is lekki toll bridge again? exactly!
- if you violate my kids or catch you doing something illegal, i can easily tie you up throw a tyre over your head and send you to your maker. if i have an issue that needs to be dealt with, i can easily pay some Mopol in Nigeria to help me sort it out ASAP!
- but the biggest advantage of them all, is that Nigeria IS HOME, and no matter how long you stay in the west, it is NOT your home. after a while (when you get use to the working infrastructures, free healthcare/education etc) YOUR PRIORITIES WILL UPGRADE, and you will now miss the little things that make Nigeria special. the food, the culture, the "good" people, the smell, the family, the bribe, the biz potential etc

but here is what really important here: i cant tell you NOT to go to the west, because if you stay in Nigeria, your heart will always be yearning to leave what "you" believe is a shithole (aka grass is always greener bla bla bla). it is only when you will have tasted the beauty/madness of the west that you will be able to make your own decision on the subject. but believe me, the reason why "many" Nigerians dont go back home is because they are living from paycheck to paycheck and are ashamed to go back with NOTHING to show for (after decades in the west)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Ugosample(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

- if you have a successful biz in Europe (France), you can sometimes pay up to 60% (40% in UK) of your gross income IN TAXES (thats 60Kobos out of every Naira you earn going to the gov). in Nigeria, you would easily get away with paying less than 30%.
- in Europe, the minimum wage for a full time staff would be between 600/1000€ monthly (and thats the bottom). while in Nigeria, you can easily find thousands of graduates ready to work for ₦40K monthly.
- in the west, you must pay social contribution (about 15% of salary) of all your staff to the gov. In Nigeria, you dont need to.
- in the west, if i want to give more than €10K to my children, my spouse, my family member (or even a stranger), that person MUST pay taxes on that gift. in Nigeria, i can give anyone even BILLIONS, and they wont have to pay a kobo.
- in the west, if i die and in my will i leave cars/house/biz/money in the bank, my children/wife (or whoever i will leave my wealth to) must pay 40% taxes (minimum) of the total value of my asset, to the gov. example: i leave a house of €500K, a car of 250K and 250K in cash to my children (totall €1M asset), before my kids can own/inherit my wealth, they must pay €400K to the Gov in taxes. if they dont have the money to pay, then the gov will SELL my car or house, pay taxes, and give my children the rest. In Nigeria, what you leave in your will is EXACTLY what they get.
- in the west, there is very small potentail for biz, while Africa has SO MUCH MORE potential....a smart person can easily/quickly become successful
- in Europe, petrole for your car cost €1.8 per litre, so you will spend no less than 130€ (depending on your car) to fill the tank up. how much is gas in Nigeria again? exactly!
- getting a good job in the west is not as easy as it seem, and many are left to do menial jobs to survive... especially now with the influx of foreigners and refugees everywhere, and as much as i know many will gladly clean toilets for a minimum wage, after a few years doing it, you will have a change of mind. how would you even get a working visa to begin with?! as being illegal is the worst possible decision one can make. i wont even dwell on our lost brothers who join the slave market (aka marrying a beef looking ugly woman in the west to become slaves to these animals and get papers in the same process)
- In the west, if you want to go on a road trip, you have to pay motorway toll gate. Paris to Marseille you pay a total of 60€ for that 7hr journey, how much is lekki toll bridge again? exactly!
- if you violate my kids or catch you doing something illegal, i can easily tie you up throw a tyre over your head and send you to your maker. if i have an issue that needs to be dealt with, i can easily pay some Mopol in Nigeria to help me sort it out ASAP!
- but the biggest advantage of them all, is that Nigeria IS HOME, and no matter how long you stay in the west, it is NOT your home. after a while (when you get use to the working infrastructures, free healthcare/education etc) YOUR PRIORITIES WILL UPGRADE, and you will now miss the little things that make Nigeria special. the food, the culture, the "good" people, the smell, the family, the bribe, the biz potential etc

but here is what really important here: i cant tell you NOT to go to the west, because if you stay in Nigeria, your heart will always be yearning to leave what "you" believe is a shithole (aka greass is always greener bla bla bla). it is only when you will have tasted the beauty/madness of the west that you will be able to make your own decision on the subject. but believe me, the reason why "many" Nigerians dont go back home is because they are living from paycheck to paycheck and are ashamed to go back with NOTHING to show for (after decades in the west)

Hmmm

well every one to his own

But as for me and my family, it's goodbye to that sh.ithole

Though i miss the ogbono soup tho
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ugosample:

Hmmm

well every one to his own

But as for me and my family, it's goodbye to that sh.ithole

Though i miss the ogbono soup tho

many feel like you, and i understand.
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga, I like and love your resolve......
Lol, on a serious note if all of us run who go fix our country,
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jiang:

Lol, on a serious note if all of us run who go fix our country,

At this rate 3 generations has to be wiped out to start effecting change.......
Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by lancee(m): 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

- in the west, there is very small potential for biz, while Africa has SO MUCH MORE potential....a smart person can easily/quickly become successful

but here is what really important here: i cant tell you NOT to go to the west, because if you stay in Nigeria, your heart will always be yearning to leave what "you" believe is a shithole (aka grass is always greener bla bla bla). it is only when you will have tasted the beauty/madness of the west that you will be able to make your own decision on the subject. but believe me, the reason why "many" Nigerians dont go back home is because they are living from paycheck to paycheck and are ashamed to go back with NOTHING to show for (after decades in the west)

but believe me, the reason why "many" Nigerians dont go back home is because they are living from paycheck to paycheck and are ashamed to go back with NOTHING to show for (after decades in the west

U SAID IT ALL !! Just pray you don't see the other side of that western craziness then u go appreciate that shit hole naija ..was surprised when
a big uncle of mine was lamenting when he lost his job and everything here and was telling me if he had known he wld have bought those landed properties in Abuja yrs back in early 90's and build a house as well but he and some of his friends were calling naija a failed country then ..If he had bought those days atleast he can sell some to raise himself back ..He regretted the western system got him to invest all he laboured here..He told me boy i beg don't be comfortable hereoo..
I always tell my friends ..if u re lucky to find urself abroad spread ur investment, there re opportunities abroad if u know what u came for , there are also everywhere .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moni Osibodu: 'If You Are Not Mad, You Can’t Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:

At this rate 3 generations has to be wiped out to start effecting change.......

Then so shall it be, am getting there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oge Okoye's Daughter's 6th Birthday Party In Pictures / Don’t Take Me To Rehab - Majek Fashek Cries Out / Davido And Wizkid Performed Together At Rémy Martin Allstar Grand Finale In LAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.