Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (63248 Views)

Please Help: I Get Stung By A Fire Ant On My Lips And The Swell Is Much? Pix / Cute Ugandan Boy With Blue Eyes And Vitiligo (Photos) / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
enemyofprogress:
That's your punishment for kissing an olosho
a shitty answer from a fitting moniker grin

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Restroom: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
Restroom:

https://draxe.com/vitiligo-treatment/

Read this article and see if it helps.
The suggestion on using vit B12 and folic acid is particular interesting

Read up more on this vitamin B 12 and folic acid concept and other effective natural remedies.

Everything that acts as triggers, avoid them.

Your number one goal is to contain the spread....

Ask your dermatologist which vitamins could like be of benefit to u in this case.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Hakeem12(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vitiligo is caused by a loss of pigment in the skin, due to destruction of pigment-forming cells known as melanocytes. The exact cause of the destruction of these cells is not known. One possible explanation might be that the body's immune system destroys the cells, as in other autoimmune conditions

Surprisingly, the causes of vitiligo are yet to be precisely established, but most of the research so far points to the following:

An autoimmune disorder - the patient's immune system becomes overactive and destroys the melanocytes2

Genetic oxidative stress imbalance
A stressful event
Harm to the skin due to a critical sunburn or cut
Exposure to some chemicals
A neural cause
Heredity - family link
A viral cause.
Some treatments are not right for everyone. Many treatments can have unwanted side effects. Treatments can take a long time, and sometimes they don’t work. Current treatment options for vitiligo include medical, surgical, and other treatments. Most treatments are aimed at restoring color to the white patches of skin.

Medical treatments include:

Medicines (such as creams) that you put on the skin
Medicines that you take by mouth
A treatment that uses medicine plus ultraviolet A (UVA) light (PUVA)
Removing the color from other areas so they match the white patches.
Surgical treatments include:

Skin grafts from a person’s own tissues. The doctor takes skin from one area of a patient’s body and attaches it to another area. This is sometimes used for people with small patches of vitiligo.

Tattooing small areas of skin.

Other treatments include:

Sunscreens
Cosmetics, such as makeup or dye, to cover the white patches
Counseling and support.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by puccyforker: 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
sabi99:
Chinese ga emere GI Ebere. o ga akwusi Inugo. don't dare think suicidal thoughts inugo. u still have people u can help with ur harnessed or to-be-harnessed talent in the future. please don't kill urself OK.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by adeoba2008(m): 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Why suicide. Do you have any dream at all? Then you should focus on it.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Restructure9ja(m): 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
first of all, ANYONE WHO COMMITS SUICIDE LOOSES HIS SOUL IN HELL FOREVER.
Now you are only worried cuz your heart is after what people will say and the relationships you may lost, I think you shld be thankful cuz those who love you will not change their status quo with you.

secondly, you should focus more on your career and concentrate your heart and mind on your goals in life.

thirdly and most importantly JESUS is the Way the Truth and Life. any decision you take without him will not end well.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by double08(m): 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
OP its not the end of the world I was in your shoe once when I was having the symptoms now I have embraced mine and life goes on, you can still get the girls you want to get and all that so chill and focus on your career

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by merits(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.
Bros don't bother yourself over this,try and stand tall in the crowd,don't let this bother you atall....let me give you an example; when i first start to grow gray hair i hate it and always feel ashame of it but now have overcome the insults. am proud of my self.don't let vitilgo weigh you down

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Coolgent(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
cry I noticed the symptoms of Vitiligo on my lips around August last year..At first it was just a small patch but subsequently it began to spread to other parts of my lip and also outside the lower lip.

I get questions everyday asking me why my lips is like that... Some assume I got burnt by acid or fire... I'm a very confident guy so I don't really allow the insults and tantrums get to me..at least I try to hide it as much as I can.. But of recent it is becoming too much and I've told myself that if the spreading continues I would have no other option than to end my life because I cannot imagine living a life of stigma, pity and neglect.. I really can't cry

I have met severally with dermatologists and have bought several creams and drugs but all to no avail.. The spreading did not still stop.. Not to talk of repigmenting.

This has affected my social life in many ways, I can't boldly walk up to strangers anymore because I always have this feeling that they are looking at my lips.. I no longer have female friends and I'm always withdrawn inside my shell because of it... My self esteem is down to zero. The mere thought that I will live with this forever and it will never stop spreading has made me suicidal.

I got a camouflage tattoo but it wasn't effective upon all the pain I passed through.. Now the substance I use to cope with it is hair dye which I apply before going for my law classes in the morning ... I still wonder how I will be able to practice law with this kind of lips. cry

Please nairalanders help me with any advice that might be helpful to save a brother.
Bro
Dont bother yourself about something that has no known cure just focus on your career, I have the same thing on my lower lip, i have never for once care about it cure infact i like it.
So learn to live with it

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by elonize(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
no one has it in my family.. In fact I didn't believe it at first because I thought it was a minor discolouration that will clear off after a while but instead it keeps spreading
ur ancestors might have,u may nt know
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by uzoronwusa: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
but the lips is having a negative psychological impact on my social life...from what I read online it would continue spreading...it is definitely going to affect my legal career. Imagine I am handling a case in court and the judge and jury are busy focusing on my Vitiligo lips... Who would want to employ me with my kind of lips embarassed

google vitiligo natural cure. lots of solution there. on another note.. if indeed you can charm judges and jury with your lips, you don win case be that.who no go want employ person with case winning charming lips?

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
The pink lips people are dying for...

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Firstly pls don't be suicidal.....it with suck to lose any promising life...Turn to Jesus...Death is not the answer

Secondly have you done enough researches abt this, Have u tried contacting foreign doctors on ways to manage it,I believe they may educate you more on things you going thru

Thirdly You need to also accept its happening And try to cope with it,u don't have to seclude urself,Vintigo aint the end of Life,Try to mingle more And accept people wil see u differently..Work on ur self esteem

Fourthly Be Grateful of the life you have,Otedola lost souls/victims won't mind a Vintigo allover their body if they that would make them stay alive

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by lookingfly: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
Take it with good fate and don't kill your self. I watched a couple of videos about it on YouTube where it is said to be the leprosy affecting different people in the Bible in ancient times.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Movic1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:
I tried using hair dye on it to avoid the questions I receive daily...pls it's really troubling my life.

Lalasticlala

Instead of dye, why not get all these makeup powder that matches your skin color ? Have you try curing it locally or traditionally? Coz i read that treatment can only improve the appearance of the skin but doesn't cure the disease.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
Ogaa.. that is pink lips. It's what everyone are dying for, some self put pink lipstick and use artificial. At least yours is natural, if am u pray it covers all ur lips.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by olanrewaju99(m): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hmm you better be thanking God for your life , some people are out there struggling with different critical health issues. Accept who you're and people will address you the way you present yourself. Even person with tribal mark is still thanking God.

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Wendy80(f): 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
OP I'm sure you remember Kechi one of the two survivors of sosoliso air clash. Pls follow her @kechi_agt on Instagram and encourage yourself. She's living her life to the fullest despite her skin. Work on your self esteem and you will be fine. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by aguiyi2: 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
First suspect= Excessive sucking of P juice.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by jidobaba(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Na lie jor. You will live and nothing go happen.
Japhet04:

See why I said you will live? You have the requisite sense o' humor.

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by boluwaay(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
I think the first remedy to this is yourself. Do not let any situation no matter what affect or reduce your Self-Esteem. This is very important to note.
However, from my own research, you can go through the link below to read, understand and practise few or one of the natural remedies stated there:
http://home-cure.net/best-natural-home-remedies-vitiligo-leucoderma-treatment/
http://vkool.com/home-remedies-for-vitiligo/

It's better to go natural for things like this as drugs are know to only manage symptoms not cure....

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Autophys1: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2018
Vitiligo is not something to be ashamed of. Try to accept it and love yourself in the process.
Reach out to a vitiligo support group on social media to meet other people living with vitiligo. They can help you live better with it

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by jidobaba(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
lookingfly:
Take it with good fate and don't kill your self. I watched a couple of videos about it on YouTube where it is said to be the leprosy affecting different people in the Bible in ancient times.
Bros leprosy is a different thing entirely. Don't make the young man feel worse.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by anibi9674: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Millenniumlady:
You now GTF out of here
your village people, will be telling you to go and look for trouble, did I call your name, you will not mind your bizness. notice me like you.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Maybe you have once kissed an evil spirit.... The gods are angry
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by lorhema(f): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
@Japhet04, vitiligo can't be a reason to end your life. I think your experience is going to make you focus on the real things in life. I know that our society stresses the form; that's why cosmetic surgery is selling. But these things don't last. Everyone will age and lose that youthful look.

People with disabilities don't commit suicide. Neither do people with sickle cell anaemia. Lots of people have issues they live with each day. They are all around us. Will vitiligo affect your practice? Not if you are good.

I know a man who is a one of the senior executives of a university in this country. He was a fine basketball player. He didn't let vitiligo slow down his life. He's at the top of his career. He has a family and even cared for his brother's four children after the death of their father.

The little black skin left, on his scalp, keeps reducing and I'm sure it will be gone in a couple of years.

He attracts a lot of looks; one can't help looking but that's superficial. What counts is the fact that he has done well with the gifts God gave him. That's what counts.

After your shock, you'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by ayoncox: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
Pseudocatalase Therapy for Vitiligo

Pseudocatalase Therapy for VitiligoPseudocatalase is a synthetic topical cream used in the treatment of vitiligo. It is considered that vitiligo may be caused by excessive accumulation of hydrogen peroxide in the upper layers of skin which may cause depigmentation or loss of skin color in patches. In normal conditions, hydrogen peroxide is broken down into water and oxygen by the enzyme catalase. However, in patients with vitiligo, the levels of catalase are less leading to an accumulation of hydrogen peroxide. The pseudocatalase therapy involves application of a cream containing pseudocatalase and calcium among other ingredients which are followed by exposure to narrowband ultraviolet B (NBUVB) radiations. This treatment acts similar to natural catalase and breaks down the hydrogen peroxide thus causing repigmentation.

How is Pseudocatalase applied?

Apply twice a day to entire affected skin areas
Only a small amount is needed to cover the area; increasing the frequency and/or amount will not necessarily bring about better results.
Allow the Pseudocatalase cream to vanish into the skin and completely dry before applying any other topical agents.
Expose the affected skin to NBUVB light treatments or sun exposure as instructed by your dermatologist.

Patients may begin to see control of pigment loss in 2-4 months. If there is no response after 3 months, the therapy should be stopped and other options evaluated. Treatment may be stopped if full regimentation occurs. This cream can be used to repigment the skin on hands, lips, ears, neck and also on the genital parts.

Treatment with pseudocatalase is considered to be safe with no known systemic side effects.

but beyond this, i think we have to talk, you can reach me via ajideayodeji@gmail.com or whatsapp me on 08089456258

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by sugarplumkaycee: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
I don't know if my opinion will count but, you look very cute with it. You have to own your skin. you don't have to be suicidal.
please, suicide is not an option

Japhet04:
I tried using hair dye on it to avoid the questions I receive daily...pls it's really troubling my life.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Farrydaddy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
First you must be ready to embrace the truth. Vitiligo doesn't have a cure. What's closest to a cure is going through photo chemotherapy which is relatively expensive. It's not a disease, neither is it a curse, so brace up and stand tall to accept it. It doesn't diminish your person or intelligence. Michael Jackson had it and tried curing it by force which led to his multiple transformation through surgery. Hold yourself high. Therein lies the cure

1 Like

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by KingMicky3286: 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
Japhet04:

Lalasticlala

Cut off the he-goat bear-bear first make air touch your lips .The look of the bear-bear shows that your lips are lacking vitamins.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by batstan(m): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
Uncle Ruckus No relation.

Just bleach the remaining part of your lip.
Re: Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) by Millenniumlady(f): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
anibi9674:
your village people, will be telling you to go and look for trouble, did I call your name, you will not mind your bizness. notice me like you.
I bet you're one of the individuals the op is talking about......Go get a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Save The Vagina Now, It Is Your Treasure / Kyle Gordy, Serial Sperm Donor Begins Tour To Help Many Women Get Pregnant / 50-Year-Old Man's Joystick Amputated After Using Bottle As Intimacy gadget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.