Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

What Did You Learn From Acrimony? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Did You Learn From Acrimony? (9686 Views)

Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From / The Movie 'acrimony / After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
I'm yet to watch it, maybe because am busy watching orange is the new black.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by 2buffagain(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

This sounds funny.
She spent $1.2m on him and he compensated her with $10m and a house, what could be more generous than that?

Bro, How many women even compensate men that they have drained post divorce? Talkless of ~10x compensation.
They inherently think in an unfair way when it come to their dealings with men i.e no matter what you spend on me, all I owe you is toto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
2buffagain:

Bro, How many women even compensate men that they have drained post divorce? Talkless of ~10x compensation.
They inherently think in an unfair way when it come to their dealings with men i.e no matter what you spend on me, all I owe you is toto.

Women are very dangerous and manipulative creatures.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by DonroxyII: 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hanseel1:
Finally watched Acrimony and this movie has really taught me something deep..May God give us a discerning spirit,when to leave and when to stay and may anger not destroy things that we should be enjoying after a long time of patience.. She took the right step at the wrong time .

I just don't know who to blame, lol.

Money really isn't everything sometimes.

Some people can be very confusing, bitter and greedy though.
I blame the lady even my maternal grandmother born in the 30s won't guck reach that level , No matter what you do for any man or anybody, always have a retention for what of if things go south ....

If I were in her shoes, We would sign an agreement and I will earn 30% from whatever he/she earns at any point in time he/she earns it as far as the project is concerned ..... The lady deserves more than $10million .....

She fvcked Up so badly, I don't blame d dude .... The lady allowed herself to be destroyed by him ....

Personally, I don't blame who try to destroy me, I blame myself for allowing them !!!

Best Movie of 2018 and one of the most educating movie of a Life Time :Acrimony !!!

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 1:48am On Aug 04, 2018
DonroxyII:
I blame the lady even my maternal grandmother born in the 30s won't guck reach that level , No matter what you do for any man or anybody, always have a retention for what of if things go south ....

If I were in her shoes, We would sign an agreement and I will earn 30% from whatever he/she earns at any point in time he/she earns it as far as the project is concerned ..... The lady deserves more than $10million .....

She fvcked Up so badly, I don't blame d dude .... The lady allowed herself to be destroyed by him ....

Personally, I don't blame who try to destroy me, I blame myself for allowing them !!!

Best Movie of 2018 and one of the most educating movie of a Life Time :Acrimony !!!
she play herself with the hope that he won't make it in life mind you she called him a loser ten million dollar is more than enough how many brothers got compensated after training a lady who dump them angry

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 1:50am On Aug 04, 2018
Hanseel1:

Women are very dangerous and manipulative creatures.
very manipulative she feel like she is his god not knowing that it too time for things to get in place

Suru ni ere it means Patience have gain
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 1:54am On Aug 04, 2018
rebirthforgoody:
Wish to watch this movie ooooh
the film is emotional annoying
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 2:39am On Aug 04, 2018
For those of you who meant wonder what those mean here are the meaning:-

1:Acrimony - bitterness,anger,ill feeling.
2:Sunder - severe,torn, separate, divided.
3:Be wail - lamentation,regret,to mourn bitterly.
4:Deranged - insane,crazy,confused.
5:Inexorable - inevitable, impossible to stop or prevent.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by DonroxyII: 5:15am On Aug 04, 2018
zainmaxwell:
she play herself with the hope that he won't make it in life mind you she called him a loser ten million dollar is more than enough how many brothers got compensated after training a lady who dump them angry
That woman is a true definition of a WOMAN , a woman that can give everything, a woman that got her man's back despite the dude's frustrating attitude, a woman that spent all her life for her man , a woman that took Jobs to support her man, her home while the niqqa was busy with his project by bringing no income ..... A woman that has been spending her life savings , her heritage on her man from her teenage years till her adulthood despite the future not promising, despite warnings from her families ..... A woman that gave Everything !!!

We African are just mostly heartless, I wish such a woman for myself cheesy
I can never and ever never invest my life on any person like that without a legal agreements .....

The woman deserves Everything, even the Life of that Niqqa ..... I don't blame the side chick though, her part was also important , she was the crossover ..... I don't blame the niqqa too, he dedicated his life to an endeavour he believed and it paid out But I only blame the Woman for investing her entire life on a fellow Human without a retention clause !!

The guy must only Die and in the hand of the woman and The woman should die too .... Both of them must die ni cheesy !!!
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by DonroxyII: 5:19am On Aug 04, 2018
Colourich:
I'm yet to watch it, maybe because am busy watching orange is the new black.
as a woman watch acrimony .... I have recommended it to every woman in my life ... Even Grandmothers .... The lesson therein is a lesson of Life .... Orange is the new black ke .....Watch Queen of the South Joor and Power !!
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2018
DonroxyII:
as a woman watch acrimony .... I have recommended it to every woman in my life ... Even Grandmothers .... The lesson therein is a lesson of Life .... Orange is the new black ke .....Watch Queen of the South Joor and Power !!
OK, I will hit the cinema.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2018
DonroxyII:
That woman is a true definition of a WOMAN , a woman that can give everything, a woman that got her man's back despite the dude's frustrating attitude, a woman that spent all her life for her man , a woman that took Jobs to support her man, her home while the niqqa was busy with his project by bringing no income ..... A woman that has been spending her life savings , her heritage on her man from her teenage years till her adulthood despite the future not promising, despite warnings from her families ..... A woman that gave Everything !!!

We African are just mostly heartless, I wish such a woman for myself cheesy
I can never and ever never invest my life on any person like that without a legal agreements .....

The woman deserves Everything, even the Life of that Niqqa ..... I don't blame the side chick though, her part was also important , she was the crossover ..... I don't blame the niqqa too, he dedicated his life to an endeavour he believed and it paid out But I only blame the Woman for investing her entire life on a fellow Human without a retention clause !!

The guy must only Die and in the hand of the woman and The woman should die too .... Both of them must die ni cheesy !!!
the same woman that cannot make her own decision or never took blames the same woman that neglect who she love cos of her siblings she called him a loser for fvck sake
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by 2buffagain(m): 7:56am On Aug 04, 2018
zainmaxwell:
the same woman that cannot make her own decision or never took blames the same woman that neglect who she love cos of her siblings she called him a loser for fvck sake

Those are just words though. Granted he was acting like a loser, but proved her wrong at the end and set her up for a very comfortable life.

Her foolishness began shortly a there after

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2018
2buffagain:

Those are just words though. Granted he was acting like a loser, but proved her wrong at the end and set her up for a very comfortable life.

Her foolishness began shortly a there after
but he begged her right even tried to make her see sense even in court....he even gave her a nice cut 10m over 1.3m and a house well renovated more than the way it was earlier

She has no patience
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by luminouz(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2018
UrbanExotica:

which honor?
after he initially drained her dry of everything she had.
myopic thinking
Read my post n stop being emotional!!!!

If u were in her shoes,u would also neglect the 10M n house she bought for u na.....yet u still claim being cheated!!
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Kinggnicole(f): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2018
Based on the movie, I have come to the conclusion that Robert did not love her. He was fond of her. He loved what she offered but he did not love her.He clearly loved Diana and not her.
How do I know this?
For eighteen years you watched this woman toil to take care of you. Ignored her sister's warnings to take care of you.
Even when he got that call and he felt like he wasted his time and scattered his work place, she was still there. She didn't rave or rant. She was there to keep him sane. Do you now see that the money he gave her later was crap because for her, it was not about the money?She had his back all through.
In the beginning he cheated on her. He would have gone ahead to cheat on her again if he wasn't so broke.
He didn't have to worry about what to eat or where to lay his head while he was working on his dream. She worried about everything. And no, she didn't give up on him. She left him because she felt betrayed and used.
If he truly loved her,he would have taken her back. Obviously he got what he wanted. Then he went ahead to get married to that same Diana..Chai. Shows that all the while he loved Diana but was with the girl because of the support she offered. The fact that he later offered her 10 million dollars proves that it was all about what she offered to him and not her.
If he truly loved her, he would have remarried her and given the monetary compensation to Diana(she helped a little).
Summary, She loved him.
He did not love her. He only needed her.
She was played big time. I blame her for being to selfless. I blame her for not leaving when he first cheated on her. She was deeply in love and he took advantage of her.
He meant everything to her.
She was only a means to an end for him.
Did you notice how quickly he moved on to Diana?
More like a "Thank God she divorced me so i can live my dream with the woman of my dreams(Diana)" attitude. Forgetting who helped him build that dream.
So sad.
( Modify ) ( Quote ) (Report ) ( Share )

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by luminouz(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:
Based on the movie, I have come to the conclusion that Robert did not love her. He was fond of her. He loved what she offered but he did not love her.He clearly loved Diana and not her.
How do I know this?
For eighteen years you watched this woman toil to take care of you. Ignored her sister's warnings to take care of you.
Even when he got that call and he felt like he wasted his time and scattered his work place, she was still there. She didn't rave or rant. She was there to keep him sane. Do you now see that the money he gave her later was crap because for her, it was not about the money?She had his back all through.
In the beginning he cheated on her. He would have gone ahead to cheat on her again if he wasn't so broke.
He didn't have to worry about what to eat or where to lay his head while he was working on his dream. She worried about everything. And no, she didn't give up on him. She left him because she felt betrayed and used.
If he truly loved her,he would have taken her back. Obviously he got what he wanted. Then he went ahead to get married to that same Diana..Chai. Shows that all the while he loved Diana but was with the girl because of the support she offered. The fact that he later offered her 10 million dollars proves that it was all about what she offered to him and not her.
If he truly loved her, he would have remarried her and given the monetary compensation to Diana(she helped a little).
Summary, She loved him.
She was played big time. I blame her for being to selfless. I blame her for not leaving when he first cheated on her. She was deeply in love and he took advantage of her.
More like a "Thank God she divorced me so i can live my dream with the woman of my dreams(Diana)" attitude. Forgetting who helped him build that dream.
So sad.

Lmaooooo
N this is why men will keep dumping ur asses...u don't understand us at all!!!!
So what did u call the 10M n house he got her after the divorce she INITIATED, a divorce not cuz he was broke but cus he supposedly cheated? N even after everything he still told her he loved her (the boat fight scene) ...
Robert was lazy but I never doubted his love for her...what he gave Diana was nothing..... nothing but love would have made me go back to give an ex who divorced me(based on her own tantrums) my 10M n her lost house!!!

U don't understand a man..most women on that thread were too emotional!!! Be logical biko!!!

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Kinggnicole(f): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2018
luminouz:

Lmaooooo
N this is why men will keep dumping ur asses...u don't understand us at all!!!!
So what did u call the 10M n house he got her after the divorce she INITIATED, a divorce not cuz he was broke but cus he supposedly cheated? N even after everything he still told her he loved her (the boat fight scene) ...
Robert was lazy but I never doubted his love for Me....what he gave Diana was nothing..... nothing but love would have made me go back to give an ex who divorced me(based on her own tantrums) my 10M n her lost house!!!

U don't understand a man..most women on that thread were too emotional!!! Be logical biko!!!

Ok.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Pricelessangel0(f): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
You guys are just blaming mel, like for real? how many of you guys will support your sister and tell her to be more patient? its just a total Bleep up, i only blame mel for jumping on another dick immediately without first healing.
2- Robert for being insensitive, the dreams you had and eveqy promise you make to your Ex, why fulfill it to another lady.
3- Diana is a bitch, she is a cat, why follow another womans dream.
4- The Movie is shitty, messes with one's head, couldnt stop being angry and imagining what if.......
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:
How do I know this?
Summary, She loved him.
So sad.

SMH.. You're blaming Robert for marrying Diana? Lol

If not for Diana, Roberts wouldn't have made it and you guys should stop saying after all she did for him blah blah.
She divorced him! When you divorce someone everything existing between you two cease to exist.
In fact he was not obligated to giver her an money in return.

She wanted him back only because he made it, if he didn't make it we all know she wouldn't want him back.

Melinda proved she's a demon when she sued Roberts and asking for 50% of his wealth lying that he signed the deal with Prescott when they were still married. What's that for God sake?

I don't just understand why ladies are allowing sentiments and emotions to cloud their views.

You guys should tell me why mel wanted to kill Diana and Roberts?

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by daviesblaze(m): 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
UrbanExotica:
which honor? after he initially drained her dry of everything she had. myopic thinking
dont you think you are the one with a myopic POV here undecided
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by oluwakontrol: 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
The error Robert committed was the fact that he didn't do nothing while still in school. Had it been he was working while still studying to support himself with the little compliment from Melinda their marriage wouldn't have hit the rock. But instead milked the girl dry from school till marriage even to the point of putting her mom's house on mortgage. Relationship can't just work with only one person doing the provision and the other consuming it. I can tell on this part that Robert was kinda selfish, he wasn't thinking about the girl only about achieving his dream, adding nothing to the girl's life yet taking from the girl. This got me asking if Robert didn't later make it how was he going to compensate the lady. That was one hell of a PARASITIC RELATIONSHIP. When I give I expect you to do your part as well no matter how small It may be. Commitment shouldn't be in I love you alone(words) but also In action (giving). On the part of Melinda I must say there is a huge difference between ANGER and RAGE, anger is like fireworks when compare with rage which is like Thunderclap or RPG. Anger is mild, rage is destructive. Melinda has rage and her rage brought about her terrible actions, regrets and demise. Also insecurity and lack of trust after last incident brought about jealousy in her. Well what I got from the movie is that in every relationship a guy must find something doing in the meantime to put something on the table while still trying to find and achieve his dream, instead of lazying around. Also when there is a disagrement or accusation of infidelity is trying to come up,the pair should sit themselves down and talk about it as e dey hot not postponing it,cos it might get worse at later. When a relationSHIP lacks these two seamen "Communication and trust", the voyage is destined for destruction without any need for a prophet to know that.
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by kazyhm(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:
How do I know this?
Summary, She loved him.
So sad.

LWKMD.......She loved him, She loved him and He never love her.........You no try at all chai!
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by labelle123(f): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Two of them have fault
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
zainmaxwell:
the film is emotional annoying

Really
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by zainmaxwell(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
rebirthforgoody:

Really
yea
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Sheun001(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
prettyesther20:
Robert is to blame please. He is a lazy man living on an unnecessary "hope". For 18 years u stay at home doing nothing!! please who does that

At least work and help your wife and still be hopeful your battery hits jackpot. How could u live seeing your wife be miserable for so long without helping her in any way. That's terrible, at least have a side job!

Then, when everything goes well u decide to pay her off, like WTF... she divorced u because she was angry, depressed, paranoid and fed up. That moment he made it, he would have re married her and they start a new beautiful life again because c'mon she did everything for u and got tired cause u weren't contributing anything. Rather he decides to stab her in the back with the same woman he cheated on her with! that's low.

Robert is to blame. Melinda is not crazy please.

You have literally said it all how would a sane man see his wife go through all that without having guilt if not that he had evil intentions from the start of their relationship it clearly showed he didn't love her right from the onset buh he might have fallen with her alone the line buh like they say "once a LovePeddler always a LovePeddler" so the slightest opportunity he got to ditch he did had his love for her been so strong nothing on earth would have stopped him from marrying her back
And to sum it all he decided to make his new relationship public not with just anyone buh with the bitch he had something with long ago

If he truly meant no harm to her he could havr just left her and lived a Lowkey life period that character "Robert" is just a disgrace
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by kazyhm(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Robert should be blame.......if i were him, i would go back to my wife

i just watch the crazy movie this night
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by NoToPile: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
I am surprised peeps are shouting 10milliln dollars, how much is that in the scheme of things. Now they are equating it to the over 1million dollars she spent. 18 years later not 18days not 18months.

Are we all forgetting that it's because of the allegation of cheating she divorced him. Any woman would break under those circumstances.

I hope the ladies are learning. He doesn't work to support you for 18years because of his dream, did his dream stop him from working

He only loved her because of the support she offered, he should have offered to marry her back after clearing himself of the infidelity accusation and getting the contract. And he shouldn't have married that same lady he cheated with irrespective of wether she was helpful or not, any other person but her, he should have paid her off not Melinda.

I hope the ladies are learning.

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Honesty007(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
What i can say in the whole thing is that its better a woman finds out if a man truly loves her before marriage than only she loving him.
its better a woman loves a man for who he was is and would be changing it with prayers and fasting
human beings are rational.its as expected that if u leave somebody u must feel bad,but melinda was feeling bad.
melindas sisters heated her up emotionally and became vindictive advisers sowing a bitter seed into melindas heart.
robert was selfish yes! i agree and he seemed heart less yes i agree! but love suffers long! melinda had made robert a black sheep of the family when she also embarrased him and things were sour.it took a courage.roberts authority as a man has been undermined as a husband.it became a bout the money.if robert was about money he would have taken the$800k but he did not place life values on money.
robert had a blind faith,however melinda spoilt herself by coming back after he paid the $10M.
it is what melinda placed emphasis on that was not good "money"
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by Honesty007(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
This is why i would not want a woman to do anything for me even when i love her with all my heart because women tend to be emotional and in the name of that situation to make things good,d focus becomes exploited.i would also not want a woman who loves me to do anything for me without finding out why she loves me or the reason she loves me.melinda failed to find out the reason she loved robert.it became taken for granted!
2:did she support his dreams? she was not but was only after that he gets a job and takes responsibility.it became so bad that robert started to become unloving.did robert leave her when he cheated on her? no he came back,but when melinda did her own back she even asked for a divorce and allowed her possesive rage push her to a brink of jealousy and revenge.The humiliation of sending him out was the most horrible form of emotional torture ,still yet robert said he loved her.if i were melinda i would not have allowed promises to becloud my love for a man when i was not even sure he loved me
Re: What Did You Learn From Acrimony? by 9japrint(m): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Saff:
do you have the link?
download at piratebay or yts.ag you get all movies free and it is very easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Consequences Of Lashing A Married Woman / If You Have Never Dated This Type Of Babe, You Have Never Lived (pics) / Thread For Non Nigerian Women Who Have Succesful Relationships With Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.