Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From (5395 Views)

Let's Share Our Ex Knacking Experiences / After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... / What Did You Learn From Acrimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
ACRIMONY

For those that have watched the movie,

Who was in the wrong side?
Who is to blame?
And who destroy everything between them?

If you have not watched it, try download and watch.
Very interesting movie but with bad ending.

I really learnt a lot, what did you learn in the Movie.

Let's share our views and learn from each other.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Leezah(f): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2020
In most relationships, there is usually someone who loves more then the other. When the couple breaks apart, there might be sense of bitterness within that person because they weren't able to work it out. They might feel hurt, unloved and betrayed. It's a completely natural feeling that anyone can feel when they've lost the one who they believed was the love of their life.

The main focus would be on moving past this feeling, which many people are fairly good at. But there is that slim percentage of folks who want to dwell in that bitterness, and develop a hate for that person who left them.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with an ex girlfriend who has hated me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by CosmicPhoenix: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2020
i learnt nothing from that terrible movie.

11 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by IyaTola: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2020
Here are 10 relationship lessons to learn from the movie, as posted by Harold [@haroldwrites].

1. Not all good advice is good for you
Sieve what advice you adhere to, even if it’s genuine & comes from people who love you dearly. Not every good advice is good advice.

2. Resolve all problems with your partner
The best people to consult when you want to resolve a conflict in your relationship are yourself and your partner. No one knows your relationship better than both of you

3. Love with reason
Love unconditionally but love with reason.

4. False ideas of perfection
Two perfect people may not be perfect together.

5. Anger is always the wrong choice
Anger is a choice. And it is never a good one.

6. Don't act while angry
When you are angry, the best thing to do is nothing. Don’t even think. Just let the anger subside.

7. Relationships should be off social media
Social media does not need to know everything that happens in your relationship. Don’t hide the fact that you’re in a relationship, but keep the things that happen therein, private, as much as possible.

8. Love languages
Learn your partner’s love language, else, you’ll labour in vain to provide acts of service and gifting gifts when your partner only understands words of affirmation and quality time. This could put so much strain on your relationship.

9. No pride
Swallow your pride and make amends as soon as possible, irrespective of who is wrong. There is no medal for 'Best Partner Who Can Stay Angry For the Longest Time.'

10. Never lose your partner's trust
Trust, once broken, can never be regained.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by QuinModah(f): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Narcissistic abuse is one of the most horrific forms of abuse there is. It can quite easily be compared to torture as the narcissist will manipulate, lie, cheat, blame, shame, deny, give false information, and literally brain wash his victims and slowly cause them to doubt their own reality and completely lose their sense of self.

I was with a narcissist for 7 years and in the beginning he was so charming and unlike any guy I had dated. Over time he slowly began to change and I started feeling horrible. I knew something was wrong, but I couldn’t tell what. I felt like I could never make him happy, I woke up feeling guilty and I didn’t know why, I felt like I was walking on egg shells and didn’t want to upset him. By the time we ended up breaking up he had “gas-lighted” (brain washed) me so bad that I literally thought I was losing my mind and should check myself into a mental hospital. I could go on about this topic all day, but like I said, it is REAL and so very hard to get out of and hard to diagnose because the narcissist is very skilled at what he does.

As regards the topic
It's not always that way. There are healthy ways of ending relationships.

Having said that, there are no happy ways of ending a relationship when at least one of the involved persons wants it to remain as such. That generates frustration, grudges and other negative feelings that are hard to communicate and express in a friendly manner.

The most common case is that someone breaks up, or 'unfriends' the other, and that's hardly a mutual agreement. The other person tends to feel betrayed, stolen from, scammed, disappointed… and that leads very easily to anger.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by OBelz(f): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2020
The real person at fault in the Acrimony movie was Mel's elder sister. If not for her, she'd have stayed to enjoy the fruit of her labour. He wasn't a con man, as Melinda's sisters assumed he was. He was an inventor with a spectacular invention—one that eventually made both of them rich. The moral of “Acrimony” seems to be: Leave a bad man, especially one who cheated on you before marriage and leeches off your financial resources — unless he has poured his life into the dream of inventing a self-recharging battery, in which case the bonds of matrimony are sacrosanct and no sacrifice is too great

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Pascopele: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2020
This happens when expectations are not met and blame is assigned.

"You made me feel this way!"

A love or friendship ends in acrimony when one or both parties blame the other for the problems in the relationship that resulted in its ending. The acrimony is felt by whomever wanted the relationship to continue. Examples of the manifestation of this are:

"If only they would have changed..."
"If only they had been better..."
"If only they would just love me like I love them!"
"If only they wouldn't cause so many problems!"
"If only..."

A person who blames others for problems they experience in their life are more likely to become bitter.

What didn't make sense to me in the movie was; Why did the husband give all the things he promised his ex-wife to his new wife? They didn't share the same dream, hell, I'm not even sure his new wife asked for it and if the man truly loved his ex wife like he claimed, he would have felt guilty doing all that he promised her for this new women he was about to marry, he could have done something different. A part of me think's it's the husbands way of making the ex-wife (which he claims to love dearly) jealous, otherwise it's just poor writing.

8 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Kriss216: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2020
Mel's siblings brought miseries to her.

If you want a successful relationship or marriage, take your family out of your relationship/marriage.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Chienex24(m): 11:15am On Sep 29, 2020
Really laughing at some who blame siblings , elder sister and the likes

Very simple lesson... Love unconditionally, but use your head : angry angry angry

That movie was seriously over hypppped!!! How can I unwatch it angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by lavylilly: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2020
Melinda was a few years from clocking 40, she had wasted all her youthful years working for one man who promised her the world. Robert was her first and only, she gave him her virginity and literally, her whole life.
She was miserable for so long. So, because she already lost the last property that carried her name and also, thought Robert cheated again, she ran wild and divorced him.
You can’t exactly blame Robert, he begged but she was too hurt and weak to wait another second for his dreams to come through.
To make it worse, he promised her forever and every single thing she worked for, he gave it to Diana. He didn’t just give it to Diana, they shared every single bit of their life on Facebook. Their life was just as good as Keeping Up With The Kardashians, she knew everything single they did.
Then again, Diana was making her so miserable.
She made sure Melinda was bitter and didn’t miss any opportunity to make her feel more pain. Robert, on the other hand, didn’t caution Diana, he watched her troll his ex-wife without saying a word.
Coupled with her sick anger issues, Melinda went crazy and hearing about Diana’s pregnancy made her do the worst.
In the end, Melissa died. I’d leave you to find out how that happened.

Personally, I think Robert should have kept his life a secret. He knew Melinda was the motherfu*king Devil! He could have avoided her wrath by shielding his success and cautioning Diana.
She was much more hurt by the fact that it was the same Diana, it was never about the money.

Also, I’d like to add that we need to know when its time to leave a terrible relationship. Leaving a five years relationship without life commitments would hurt like crazy. Now think of twenty years, dedicating every single drop of your fruitfulness, loyalty, and fertility.
It all comes down to choice, she chose to leave, but at the wrong time. Robert didn't deserve the final treatment he got, but you must agree with me that Melinda Gayle shouldn't be completely blamed either.

8 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by gbowoade85142: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2020
Mel's Brothers brought sufferings to her. If you want a success friendship or divorce, take your relatives out of your friendship/divorce.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by JOACHINpedro: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2020
Simple lesson is to look before you leap.
The lady had anger issue right from day one of their encounter but infatuation no gree brother reason am

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by KidDarkness(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2020
lavylilly:
Melinda was a few years from clocking 40, she had wasted all her youthful years working for one man who promised her the world. Robert was her first and only, she gave him her virginity and literally, her whole life.
She was miserable for so long. So, because she already lost the last property that carried her name and also, thought Robert cheated again, she ran wild and divorced him.
You can’t exactly blame Robert, he begged but she was too hurt and weak to wait another second for his dreams to come through.
To make it worse, he promised her forever and every single thing she worked for, he gave it to Diana. He didn’t just give it to Diana, they shared every single bit of their life on Facebook. Their life was just as good as Keeping Up With The Kardashians, she knew everything single they did.
She made sure Melinda was bitter and didn’t miss any opportunity to make her feel more pain. Robert, on the other hand, didn’t caution Diana, he watched her troll his ex-wife without saying a word.
Coupled with her sick anger issues, Melinda went crazy and hearing about Diana’s pregnancy made her do the worst.

Personally, I think Robert should have kept his life a secret. He knew Melinda was the motherfu*king Devil! He could have avoided her wrath by shielding his success and cautioning Diana.
She was much more hurt by the fact that it was the same Diana, it was never about the money.

Also, I’d like to add that we need to know when its time to leave a terrible relationship. Leaving a five years relationship without life commitments would hurt like crazy. Now think of twenty years, dedicating every single drop of your fruitfulness, loyalty, and fertility.
It all comes down to choice, she chose to leave, but at the wrong time. Robert didn't deserve the final treatment he got, but you must agree with me that Melinda Gayle shouldn't be completely blamed either.
Ma'am, Diana had no fault. He couldn't have shielded his success when she already knew about It. He cheated once but that distrust had already grown in her

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Karleb(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
The movie was deliberately made to be controversial to make money.

Mission was accomplished and I was entertained.

If you wish to blame anyone, it should be the director.

11 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by immaculatesense(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Leezah:
In most relationships, there is usually someone who loves more then the other. When the couple breaks apart, there might be sense of bitterness within that person because they weren't able to work it out. They might feel hurt, unloved and betrayed. It's a completely natural feeling that anyone can feel when they've lost the one who they believed was the love of their life.

The main focus would be on moving past this feeling, which many people are fairly good at. But there is that slim percentage of folks who want to dwell in that bitterness, and develop a hate for that person who left them.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with an ex girlfriend who has hated me.
Are u He or She...at d end of ur writeup u sounded He...but ur Monika shows ur a She...am confused ma/sir angry

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by immaculatesense(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
lavylilly:

I dont know u...but ur just too wise and a good analyst as such

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by ADRIAN88(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Una get time walahi... cry

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by jornwhite: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
OBelz:
The real person at fault in the Acrimony movie was Mel's elder sister. If not for her, she'd have stayed to enjoy the fruit of her labour. He wasn't a con man, as Melinda's sisters assumed he was. He was an inventor with a spectacular invention—one that eventually made both of them rich. The moral of “Acrimony” seems to be: Leave a bad man, especially one who cheated on you before marriage and leeches off your financial resources — unless he has poured his life into the dream of inventing a self-recharging battery, in which case the bonds of matrimony are sacrosanct and no sacrifice is too great

Well its understandable if anyone blames Mel"s sister, buh i don't think its anyones fault cos @times we need people to push us to step into our success,
my grandpa will say "people that hurt you are only teaching you strength cos somehow you wil learn to live without them"
There are possibilities Robert might not reach is goals if mel had not dumped his lazy ass ... diana could av hold back nd not be that committed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by jornwhite: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chienex24:
Really laughing at some who blame siblings , elder sister and the likes

Very simple lesson... Love unconditionally, but use your head : angry angry angry

That movie was seriously over hypppped!!! How can I unwatch it angry angry angry angry

Do you know that is the only movie i can never get tired of watching, well you are entitle 2 ur opinion.
the reason a wiseman said only fools fall in love is because, you can't love unconditionally and still use brain, its contradicts.

4 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by lavylilly: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
wink
immaculatesense:

I dont know u...but ur just too wise and a good analyst as such
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by jornwhite: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
lavylilly:

Diana does not owe mel anything not even how she chose to live her life, point of correction or @least according to the movie, mel was the one trolling diana .. she was the going on google & facebook to troll.
From the beginning of that movie till the middle, i hated robert, he won my heart the moment he settled mel & bought back d house, even the judge affirmed he was more than generous. So why should he live lowkey because of a woman that dumped him.
Remember, mel saw robert washing plate, what was her expression. if robert are remained a loser was there any possibility mel could av come back. people should jus learn to move on and take full responsibility for there actions cos you can't eat your cake n still have it.

11 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Liposure: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Temper ruined it for melinda. Yes Robert was bad but she allowed her anger get the better of her. A woman like that shouldn't fall in love. Its risky. Love is not a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Kriss216: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Liposure:
Temper ruined it for melinda. Yes Robert was bad but she allowed her anger get the better of her. A woman like that shouldn't fall in love. Its risky. Love is not a do or die affair.
Robert was not bad.

He only cheated once during their friendship.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by PeaceIlya: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

Robert was not bad.

He only cheated once during their friendship.
which is wrong, all the while he was chasing a dream, he should have gotten a ajob
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Kriss216: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
PeaceIlya:
which is wrong, all the while he was chasing a dream, he should have gotten a ajob
A dream that later paid off.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Hamachi(f): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Robert cheated blame him period

1 Like

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Ibunkun1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pascopele:
This happens when expectations are not met and blame is assigned.

"You made me feel this way!"

A love or friendship ends in acrimony when one or both parties blame the other for the problems in the relationship that resulted in its ending. The acrimony is felt by whomever wanted the relationship to continue. Examples of the manifestation of this are:

"If only they would have changed..."
"If only they had been better..."
"If only they would just love me like I love them!"
"If only they wouldn't cause so many problems!"
"If only..."

A person who blames others for problems they experience in their life are more likely to become bitter.

What didn't make sense to me in the movie was; Why did the husband give all the things he promised his ex-wife to his new wife? They didn't share the same dream, hell, I'm not even sure his new wife asked for it and if the man truly loved his ex wife like he claimed, he would have felt guilty doing all that he promised her for this new women he was about to marry, he could have done something different. A part of me think's it's the husbands way of making the ex-wife (which he claims to love dearly) jealous, otherwise it's just poor writing.

Word!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Ibunkun1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Karleb:
The movie was deliberately made to be controversial to make money.

Mission was accomplished and I was entertained.

If you wish to blame anyone, it should be the director.

grin cheesy
Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Athemisia: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
IyaTola:
Here are 10 relationship lessons to learn from the movie, as posted by Harold [@haroldwrites].

1. Not all good advice is good for you
Sieve what advice you adhere to, even if it’s genuine & comes from people who love you dearly. Not every good advice is good advice.

2. Resolve all problems with your partner
The best people to consult when you want to resolve a conflict in your relationship are yourself and your partner. No one knows your relationship better than both of you

3. Love with reason
Love unconditionally but love with reason.

4. False ideas of perfection
Two perfect people may not be perfect together.

5. Anger is always the wrong choice
Anger is a choice. And it is never a good one.

6. Don't act while angry
When you are angry, the best thing to do is nothing. Don’t even think. Just let the anger subside.

7. Relationships should be off social media
Social media does not need to know everything that happens in your relationship. Don’t hide the fact that you’re in a relationship, but keep the things that happen therein, private, as much as possible.

8. Love languages
Learn your partner’s love language, else, you’ll labour in vain to provide acts of service and gifting gifts when your partner only understands words of affirmation and quality time. This could put so much strain on your relationship.

9. No pride
Swallow your pride and make amends as soon as possible, irrespective of who is wrong. There is no medal for 'Best Partner Who Can Stay Angry For the Longest Time.'

10. Never lose your partner's trust
Trust, once broken, can never be regained.

Omo you don talk am finish oh... wetin I go talk now

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by majorgr: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
The way I see it, we should be careful of some kind of relationships we are entering, it may seem good at the surface but may not be what God has destined for us. For instance nothing was working out for the man while he was in the relationship with her even though he was a graduate he could not even keep a decent job, but the moment he left her, his breakthrough came! To top matter, the true colour of the lady was revealed after breaking up with her even though he tried all possible best to reunite before his breakthrough. My opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony:what Did You Learn In The Movie. Let's Share Our Views And Learn From by Jacqueline22(f): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lesson learnt
In this life just have money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Attracts Some Married Women To Single Guys? / If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) / Cocktail Of Men: The Type Of Brothas Who Turn Us Off!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.