Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon (14558 Views)

I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai / Israel: Christian Leaders Accuse Buhari Of Taking Sides With Palestine / Shehu Sani Advises Buhari On How To End Banditry & Herdsmen Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 11, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
A former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, says it is unfair to blame President Muhammadu Buhari for the incessant killings in the conflict between farmers and herders in some parts of Nigeria.

A former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon, says it is unfair to blame President Muhammadu Buhari for the incessant killings in the conflict between farmers and herders in some parts of Nigeria.

Mr Gowon, who was Nigeria’s military ruler between 1966 and 1974, said he believed the president has no hand in the killings.

“The Buhari I know will not be involved in such things. Certainly, no leader will encourage his people to be killed.”

He spoke on Tuesday at the Plateau State Government House when he paid a condolence visit to Governor Simon Lalong over the resurgence of violence in the state.

At least 200 persons were believed dead in the violence in three local government areas in the state.

Mr Gowon condemned social media reports linking the president to killings in Nigeria, describing the reports as unfortunate.

According to a statement by the state commissioner for Information and Communications, Yakubu Dati, Mr Gowon decried the past practice of releasing arrested suspects without their trial.

“People arrested should be investigated and prosecuted in Jos where the crime was committed,” the former leader said.

Thanking him for the visit, Mr Lalong said the state government has reviewed the state laws to prosecute perpetrators of killings and these would soon be signed into law.

“We have reviewed adequate laws to prosecute offenders in Jos,” he said.

Mr Lalong thanked Mr Gowon for standing by the state as a father, adding that all efforts were being made to restore peace to the state.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/

lalasticlala
The grand patron is transmitting sai babarism as usual.

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by kahal29: 5:44am On Jul 11, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Mr Gowon, who was Nigeria’s military ruler between 1966 and 1974, said he believed the president has no hand in the killings.

“The Buhari I know will not be involved in such things. Certainly, no leader will encourage his people to be killed.”

He spoke on Tuesday at the Plateau State Government House when he paid a condolence visit to Governor Simon Lalong over the resurgence of violence in the state.

At least 200 persons were believed dead in the violence in three local government areas in the state.

Mr Gowon condemned social media reports linking the president to killings in Nigeria, describing the reports as unfortunate.

According to a statement by the state commissioner for Information and Communications, Yakubu Dati, Mr Gowon decried the past practice of releasing arrested suspects without their trial.

“People arrested should be investigated and prosecuted in Jos where the crime was committed,” the former leader said.

Thanking him for the visit, Mr Lalong said the state government has reviewed the state laws to prosecute perpetrators of killings and these would soon be signed into law.

“We have reviewed adequate laws to prosecute offenders in Jos,” he said.

Mr Lalong thanked Mr Gowon for standing by the state as a father, adding that all efforts were being made to restore peace to the state.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/

lalasticlala

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/275710-herdsmen-violence-its-unfair-to-accuse-buhari-of-killings-gowon.html
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2018
lalasticlala this deserves a front page.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by omoharry(f): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Iblad0994:
I think Gowon is the only sane ex Nigerian leader. The rest are just foolish like the Ipigs.

What amazes me is that the propagandists saying Buhari is the one behind the killing haven’t asked themselves this question “ What will he gain? “.

Is he going to be re-elected by killing his subjects, those of which voted en mass for him in the last general election. What exactly will he gain, when he knows insecurity in the country means he’ll lose supporters.

Anybody that goes about saying Buhari is behind these killings need to have their brain checked .

Although, he might have been tackling this in the wrong way , coz if left to me he should have sacked all the security chiefs.
All we are saying is that he is too complacent in his dealing when it comes to matters regarding the Fulanis..because they are his kins men..We know Buhari for who he is.,that he is a no-Nonsence person..just take a look of how he dealt with the IPOB movement...remember those guys did not kill anyone..but he was swift and handled them within a matter of weeks...

Now it has come to his kins men, he would rather say that they are Lybians..or they are headers that just moving around with sticks and just catering for their cows...Or we should pray for this crisis to go away.one excuse after another...Really?...that coming from President Buhari when men,women and children are being killed in their thousands.in their sleep at night..they call it headmen and framers clash....till today no Fulani headmen has been persecuted and sentence to death for all the death they have cause and they still move around with their cows and Guns with confidence which no other Nigerians are entitle to have..but he was very swift in giving matching order for those five Christians who killed four Fulanis as a revenge for the 48 people massacred in their village they were persecuted very fast and sentence to death..

Yet you will tell us to not look at him in that light?..would you rather we keep quiet and continue to pray just as he has instructed and wait for his monster kinsmen to come and kill our men women and children while we sleep..even the once in their mothers womb will not not spared....even with that ..of all he things in Buhari priority is to force state government to give some part of their land nation wide for these killers to rear their cattle..these headmen that they say came from Libyia.

what else do you have to say..your president is a rigid sentimental leader and a religious bigot..and he is bias when it comes to securing lives and properties....he is not competent to be a Leader so he will be voted out come 2019..we are tired of PDP did this PDP did that..we are tired of leaders that can never take responsibility for their action but rather blame it on other people..Buhari he is a saint without any sin and the rest of us are with blemishes.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by guru03(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Gowon has always been a Fulani errand boy since in the military.

Even though Gowon is son to a clergyman he doesn't have it when it comes to defending his people in Plateau who are being killed in number by the same Buhari Fulani Cousins far and near.

This clearly shows that Gowon was never a true Leader.
He is a Coward. Trying to be politically correct like Zombies of APC.

God bless for saying my mind.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by theemy(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2018
Iblad0994:
I think Gowon is the only sane ex Nigerian leader. The rest are just foolish like the Ipigs.

What amazes me is that the propagandists saying Buhari is the one behind the killing haven’t asked themselves this question “ What will he gain? “.

Is he going to be re-elected by killing his subjects, those of which voted en mass for him in the last general election. What exactly will he gain, when he knows insecurity in the country means he’ll lose supporters.

Anybody that goes about saying Buhari is behind these killings need to have their brain checked .

Although, he might have been tackling this in the wrong way , coz if left to me he should have sacked all the security chiefs.
U re getting it all wrong people are actually saying he is doing nothing about it nobody is being prosecuted and sent to jail hence turning a blind eye can also be seen as an accomplice to a crime

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Fatherofdragons: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2018
[s]
Balyz:
It is only those idiotic pigs of Biafra who accuse Buhari of being behind the killings owing to their innate hatred.

Iblad0994:

[/s]

See this idiotic things, so anyone that speaks the truth is now an ipob member?

well in that case I am a proud one and buhari is a terrorist like his Fulani brothers.

Imbecilic puppets of buhari (ipob)

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by yazach: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2018
This man finally made himself IPOB and bad Christians enemy
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by petenweke: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2018
Yes ..stop blaming Buhari and the herds men and Apc .
Let's blame Jonathan instead
And PDP
And the people of Plateau and Benue states for killing themselves.
The fulani herds men are nice and peace loving people.
Buhari is a man of peace.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by saaron(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2018
So says a fulani slave. Useless foo.l
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Awoleesu(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2018
He said "No leader will encourage his people to be killed"
Hmmm, oga are you kidding me? Indeed, there was a leader who declared a war against his own people for 3 bloody years!
In those years were about 3million citizens massacred by their own fellow citizens!
The war was declared by this same leader after he reneged on an accord parley he had earlier acceded to...

I see it is a case of like commander in-chief like lieutenant.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by AdesegunSanni89: 11:20am On Jul 11, 2018
Gowon is one of the few sensible leaders we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by bid4rich(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2018
Come and accuse me then! Aren't you hear the saying "everything rise and falls on leadership"
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2018
Buhari is to be blamed. If he has handled them the way he declared war against iPod and Niger delta militant. Fulani herdsmen attack would have been things of the past by now. How many dance did he declared against them? For more than 6 months he was quiet while the killing was going on. Till now, how many fulani herdsmen has his government arrested. But, the vigilante group that fought them during attack was raided and given death sentence.

Gowon, you just fall my hand no be small.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by franchasng: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2018
Gowon, always there to please his Gambari masters since 1966 cheesy cheesy

Danjuma has balls more than Gowon the coward military head of state that was controlled by Gambari officers, if you know you know angry angry

My dear Fulani terrorists, can you now organize your truckloads of armed militias and do the final advancement to take over Plateau state as Gowon has finally given you people a clear go ahead order to wipe out his people, please make a video and clear images for us to watch from our bedrooms angry angry

Fulani herdsmen are your friends, please welcome them with their AK47, it is better to be killed while asleep than to be bombed in the afternoon cry cry
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by introvertedsoul: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2018
This Fulani man pretending to be from the Middle Belt. . . Infiltrator!
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2018
hahahaha... common sense is not common
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by tripoli007(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2018
Because we haven't blamed you thats why u still get mouth to yarn dust angry
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by fashrola(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2018
But it was fair to accuse GEJ about the killings during his tenure? undecided
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Dee60: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2018
I am not sure if anyone has accused PMB as being behind the killings!

What has been said - He has failed to deal with the killers the same way he has dealt with BH!

He seems to be incapacitated when it comes to fiercely dealing with terrorist herdsmen. So, the herdsmen behave like they are untouchable.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by emmanuelex1(m): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by klimkid: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2018
Seriously have been waiting for Gowon to say something about the killings and he just did now. Hence is from Gowon Buhari knows nothing about the killings and it's unfair to blame PMB. wise talk from Gowon the peace maker.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2018
Firefire:
The useless Gowon can go & die. Coward!
You say??
Gowon? Coward?
I laugh in Ojukwu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Xisnin(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Iblad0994:

He obviously have a herdsmen agenda, which is to depopulate and occupy new lands.

Buhari is very confident that whatever he does will not change the mind of his zombies
and you are a good example. The more the killings, the more you love him. It
is a known fact all over the world that when a leader has nothing to lose, he becomes a
monster. If push comes to shove, he will play the religion card.

he might? Is this a joke. Are you so insensitive that lives mean nothing to you?
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Lomprico2: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2018
dodelight:
What has gone wrong with our dear Gowon?!!

Nothing! He has always been like this. A hard core back stabber!!

Am glad he is still alive to see his people being massacred d way he killed biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by drchuks1234(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2018
One of the real cow have spoken, if he know nothing about the killing why no declear them a terrorist
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by oneclickng: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2018
Who do we acuse, Mr. Gowon? If he's not behind them, he should be agains them full stop
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by PHILipu1(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2018
#Showmeyourcandidates

Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Blizzy9ja: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2018
A man that can deploy 30 thousand security personnel for a gubernitorial election but cannot send same to am area that is ravaged by his devilish fulani kinsmen cannot be absorbed of not being involved in the killings.

So called elder statesmen like Gowon that have failed to condemn the killings across the northern part of Nigeria deserve a place in hell for their hypocrisy.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by somehow: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2018
But you know Buhari?
Septre:
You really don't know Buhari.
Re: Herdsmen Violence: It’s Unfair To Accuse Buhari Of Killings – Gowon by Raphaelmary(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Iblad0994:

if he isn't in support of them, why not declare them terrorist group as he was quick to do to IPOB...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency: PDP Reps, SANs Warn Jonathan, Group Threatens Suit / Umahi Denies Ordering Security Operatives To Flog Civilians In Viral Video / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.