Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai (78650 Views)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Governor Uba Sani Renames Major Road After El-Rufai / Birnin Gwari Washed After El-Rufai Visited Their King (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by ijustdey: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said it is not fair for him to return as minister at sixty-three....

By Abdulyassar Abdulhamid

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said it is not fair for him to return as minister at his current age.

El-Rufai stated this in an old video of him discussing with some unidentified people.

The former governor was the minister of the Federal Capital Territory from 2003 to 2007 under the Obaanjo administration.

But his name is on the ministerial list President Bola Ahmed Tinubu forwarded to the National Assembly for screening.

Speaking in Hausa, he said, “You became a minister at forty-three and after twenty years then you become a minister at sixty-three? What of your children and younger brothers? Will they not become ministers? Is the position meant for you alone? I don’t like this. Let go of this topic.

“Thank God I was lucky that I became Minister of Abuja when I was forty-three-old. Next year I will clock sixty-three. Then I will go back. So, nobody among my younger brothers and children is capable of becoming a minister? You fail when you fail to train those to succeed you. I have trained a lot of people who are capable of succeeding in many areas.”

The video is currently trending on social media.

https://dailytrust.com/old-video-i-was-minister-at-43-its-unfair-to-return-20-years-after-el-rufai/

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by talented321: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
On normal note the guy has to brag

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by TemplarLandry: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
The deceitful imp. grin

I diss him with “Broski ” by Joyner Lucas. Great diss jam!

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by triple996(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
This man no even send the ministerial appointment sef cool

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by richidinho(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
Fear politicians

Wike and Kwankwaso rejected VP position😂

Only to be named ministers afterward

Minister of special duties for Wike 😀

Meanwhile read the yesterday's tribunal judgement of kaduna okada Rep.here........

Ire o

207 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Racoon(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Politicians especially the hypocrites among them are the worst set of humanity. Eating their words is a shameless traits.

223 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by FreeStuffsNG: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
ijustdey:

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said it is not fair for him to return as minister at sixty-three....

https://dailytrust.com/old-video-i-was-minister-at-43-its-unfair-to-return-20-years-after-el-rufai/

Nlfpmod
Call to duty is service to humanity. He should please serve o.

He should please ignore those who want to blackmail him to reject the offer to serve his fatherland.

There's a reason why the video is coming out now from the social media constituency of Shehu Sani and it's for political reason, not for patriotic or altruistic reasons. He should not fall for the blackmail. You can never satisfy blackmailers , they never stop, they will keep coming if you give in to them.

He has learnt a lesson from this and next time will make such statements conditional like when Pastor Bakare prophesied that Pa Obj will die in office and later said God must have changed his mind after intercession. If God, the immortal invincible all-knowing can change His mind for a cause, HE El Rufai, a mortal who doesn't even know all can not be faulted after learning he was inaccurate when making that illustration based on his presumption about the future.

Nigeria still needs that his 1st Class brain, intellect , experience and his bold, frank can-do spirit. Check my signature for free stuffs!

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Bobloco: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
They all lack honour

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by helinues: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
He even said it before the election on Channels Tv.

Politicians can be unstable heh

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by helinues: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Call to duty is service to humanity. He should please serve on Nigeria still needs that his 1st Class brain, intellect and his can-do spirit.

No, El Rufai contradicted himself. He was speaking with confidence that he won't be serving under this administration

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Odin13: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2023
Elrufia needs to be placate by druggie .. knowing how evil the midget imp can be..

Son already chairman of house committee..

Father minister and ex governor

Son.. already awarded major federal contract ..

Father .. GF to Speaker ..

…druggie fears will still turn reality.. no matter how he chose to play and strategize

“ dem” go still run am…

This is Nigeria not Yoruba Lagos ..

25 Likes

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nothing wrong if he decides to change his mind. All we want is good governance.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Odin13: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Call to duty is service to humanity. He should please serve on Nigeria still needs that his 1st Class brain, intellect and his can-do spirit.

Has your brain gone sour or is it that you don’t have intellect to be a minister ?

Let forget your close ones .. so out of 250 million Nigerians na only elrufia brain and 1st class Nigeria need

You supporting a party and its stupidity is good.. but to lose one’s brain in the act is a huge sin

162 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by jlinkd78(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
Noted
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
He was a minister of destruction then. We don't want him either go and rest let another youth do the task

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Dotherightthing: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
triple996:
This man no even send the ministerial appointment sef cool

Learn to read beyond the headline angry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
Racoon:
Politicians especially the hypocrites amongst are the worst set of humanity. Eating their words is a shameless traits.

Lol..

grin

Racoon:
Happy for Prof Pate. He is a thorough bred. Kudos to Tinubu for that but he is still seating on a fraudulent electoral mandate. Thank goodness former Atiku Badaru and Gandollar didn't enter that list.

Honestly I so much love the bolded. I can't just believe my eyes cheesy
He is beginning to talk like Reno Omokiri. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by hisexcellency34: 3:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
Shameless imp

5 Likes

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Icon766: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Manny21: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Just dey play, dey play. Why not sell your slot to me. How much
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Padipadi(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Rubbish talk
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by shortgun(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
grin
The convicted drug baron keeps fumbling,tumbling and failing at the very basic task of administration.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by kponkedenge(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Tinubu should step down for him to be president then.

Nonsense.

If I were Tinubu, I will immediately withdraw his appointment.

1 Like

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by salbis(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
This people do not shame at all.

1 Like

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by silvoclaira: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
angry

Nonsense!
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Dannycypher(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Then you can decline or reject the ministerial appointment.

1 Like

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by olatade(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
I have noticed Obi supporters have moved on to tweeting about Big Brother Naija, it’s like they’ve completely given up on recovering their “stolen mandate”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by daygee12: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
richidinho:
Fear politicians

Wike and Kwankwaso rejected VP position😂

Only to be named ministers afterward

Minister of special duties for Wike 😀

Which is far better than being a Presidential aspirant without winning.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Dittodat: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
I Regret Joining Labour Party, Selling My Properties To Support Peter Obi’ – Retired Colonel grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by Primusinterpares(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
Very unfair...

Retire sir
Re: I Was Minister At 43, It’s Unfair To Return 20 Years After – El-rufai by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
okay o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman / Apc Wanted To Stop Defectors But It Fail - Buhari / Benue People Gave President Buhari A Cold Reception As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.