Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? (32189 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

I have the MTN mifi Huawei E5573. Unlocked it at Computer Village Ikeja for 2k

I have also have a ZTE unlocked Mifi chairman.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Amberon11: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
Please enlighten me, what is the difference between both of them?
davidoisamoje:

Wawu sim, is their bonus giving sim card..
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Amberon11: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sent my brother to get the ntel Sim and they've been giving excuses of no network since last week so he's been unable to even get me the Sim.

MTN? Lol, thought they were the worst at browsing.
greenhulk:

When it works its fast. At least with unlimited data I can easily stream Youtube @480p with no problems, sometimes even at 720p. Downloading is decent, no complains. And Netflix works just fine with no buffer at good quality. But no network comes close to MTN when it comes to raw speed. That thing streams Netflix at freaking 1080p or even 4k. Watched 1 episode of El Chapo with MTN at 4k quality.. but na my data suffer am sha.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
Amberon11:
Please enlighten me, what is the difference between both of them?

Wawu sim is their promo sim, 1k for 1gb plus free 12gb, 2k gives u 24gb I think.

The classic sim doesn't have such bonus but u can enjoy unlimited data for 17k5 1 month or 3,750 for 1 week. The wawu sim is promo so they can decide to end it anytime. Also its a way Ntel attracts more subscribers which unfortunately have messed up their network and now they have thousands of subscribers that have paid for data but data not activated. The funny thing is some people are saying give them time because they feel its cheap. yes 1k for 12gb is cheap, but what of us that pay 17k5 for 1 month? If this was MTN I know what a lot of nairalanders would be saying right now.

4 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by udemzyudex(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yelutide:
ntel is not dead. waxing valiantly in Lagos, PHC and Abuja. My advice, dump the sim and get another reliable network sim stable and fast in your location

He is right about zapping of data, in fact the data usage on my phone with the data I get doesn't tally.
Disconnection is now a normal thing and their site is always down.

12gb for 1k? I think they are still okay.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Amberon11: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Really? Wow...

That means they're just crap because if they were really trying to get customers they would ensure that there is customer satisfaction.

Still think I'll give them a try tho, cuz who else offers such cheap prices.
greenhulk:

Wawu sim is their promo sim, 1k for 1gb plus free 12gb, 2k gives u 24gb I think.

The classic sim doesn't have such bonus but u can enjoy unlimited data for 17k5 1 month or 3,750 for 1 week. The wawu sim is promo so they can decide to end it anytime. Also its a way Ntel attracts more subscribers which unfortunately have messed up their network and now they have thousands of subscribers that have paid for data but data not activated. The funny thing is some people are saying give them time because they feel its cheap. yes 1k for 12gb is cheap, but what of us that pay 17k5 for 1 month? If this was MTN I know what a lot of nairalanders would be saying right now.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by mj(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
NTEL has become useless. I have been using it for more than a year, the service is going from bad to worse. I pay for the unlimited bundle monthly - 17,600 via quickteller. Its either u are browsing at a speed of 0.6MBps or network disappears for 2, 3days.

Customer service has gradually move from high to lowest, no reply on social media channels, etc. I'm feedup already, gone are the good old days. Anyway I will be porting to NGCom next month.

All the best to people that wants to remain with NTEL. The truth is that NTEL is dying, an investor is needed for its to survive.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ulrich01(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
Some people won't still get it no matter how much you explain to them @greenhulk.

Two weeks ago i saw so many complains of data activation problem and i was like its a lie ntel is the best, i have never had such problems. Not until it got to my turn to subscribe, i decided to try the #500. I used quick teller, recharge went through, data activation kept saying error, waited 24hours my #500 still looking at me same error on data activation. I called them, waited and waited, it took more than 10mins before they picked. After running a check on my sim, all i was told was to wait 24hours again for them to send the problem to the proper department for resolving. 24hours passed, called again and it took forever for them to pick. I left them. Two weeks after i got a message that my plan has been activated (Two weeks). Assuming i did a bigger sub of #3750 or more that's how my money will be left hanging.

A friend i introduced ntel to called me yesterday saying his recharge was successful but unable to activate a bundle since two days now.

Why can't ntel deactivate the payment platform and fix their problems first instead of allowing people's money get stuck without being able to convert it to MB. Go to Facebook and see people's complain of over 3 weeks not being able to activate a data plan.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Count urself lucky because I also used Quickteller and its been 6 days now same story even after several calls. I've been forced to go and dig out my spectranet modem.

That's very pathetic. They are very unreliable, no network for more than 6hours now. I'm presently using mobile data
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Honestly greed took the better part of ntel with that WAWU sim. Ntel was stable enough prior to the promo but since then I have always experienced one problem or another. My switch to qucikteller was because I wasn't credited instantly through their website and network disappears at random for hours and sometimes days

My last sub was the worst, I would have dumped it if not for the unlimited attached it and being a frequent streamer rather than downloading.

For more than 6 hours now, network has disappeared and I'm back to mobile data. It's Sunday, I can't enjoy my streaming Netflix or Kodi. Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ulrich01:
Some people won't still get it no matter how much you explain to them @greenhulk.

Two weeks ago i saw so many complains of data activation problem and i was like its a lie ntel is the best, i have never had such problems. Not until it got to my turn to subscribe, i decided to try the #500. I used quick teller, recharge went through, data activation kept saying error, waited 24hours my #500 still looking at me same error on data activation. I called them, waited and waited, it took more than 10mins before they picked. After running a check on my sim, all i was told was to wait 24hours again for them to send the problem to the proper department for resolving. 24hours passed, called again and it took forever for them to pick. I left them. Two weeks after i got a message that my plan has been activated (Two weeks). Assuming i did a bigger sub of #3750 or more that's how my money will be left hanging.

A friend i introduced ntel to called me yesterday saying his recharge was successful but unable to activate a bundle since two days now.

Why can't ntel deactivate the payment platform and fix their problems first instead of allowing people's money get stuck without being able to convert it to MB. Go to Facebook and see people's complain of over 3 weeks not being able to activate a data plan.

Exactly. Like a Yoruba adage says 'eni ba lo mo'. U won't understand other people's pains until it happens to u. This is for those people saying which other ISP gives 12gb for 1k? So because of that people should wait 3 weeks for activation of data.. its freaking absurd. And the funny thing is its even affecting people that pay 17k5 for 1 month.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by dakoru84: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
davidoisamoje:
So for the past weeks, ntel have been having a lot of issues ranging from:

1. Unable to sub
2. Zapping of data
3. Slow network ( can't download fast )
4. Network disconnection
5. Lot of signals for days etc.

With all this above and more, their customer care ( customer nightmare ) will keep giving you 1 same reply! If you want to try for your self, call them in the morning b4 9 am and they will tell you " before 12 pm today " call after 12 pm you get something like " in 24hours it will be resolved "

What do you think is the best step to make/take, to save our self this trouble and to avoid late delivery of works done!
I also us ntel it realy slow day time buh can watch video online wit no issue and very fast at nite hrz downlodin 2mb/s.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
Just checked my balance, it really does appear they are data zapping.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by oloriooko(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
NTEL ran a promo for WAWU sim which gives you 12gig for 1k and am presently rocking the sub
Though their website is unstable and unreliable but i enjoy their network at home and work
I wonder who runs that place cuz its a sleeping giant
NTEL can conveniently give more than what they are presently doing
And talk about the staff, you feel sorry for these guys cuz they can come for work on a monday to find the network down for next 5 days!
Whoever is in charge of NTEL is not biz minded and comfortable staying afloat

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by sircrabo: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
ogtavia:
NTEL has been the best internet service provider to me in a long while. Probably the problem is from your end.

pls where can I get this Ntel Sim and how does it work? I use MTN and it's taking too much from me. I recharge almost every 2 weeks.

Is there a modem? my phone is a single Sim and there's no place to put the Ntel Sim
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ramsey247(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
Too many customers subscribing every day. They really need to expand their scope. Though i dnt have any issue with their network here in PH
post=69271147:

I'm in lag so I know what I'm saying! B4 their problems, it was fast and good so I really don't get your point.
You are saying the network is "waxing valiantly" yet you say at the end of ur post get another network. It makes no sense. By the way, I won't be online if I have not moved on to Etisalat.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Paradise163(f): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
obojememe:
been to their alaba office over five times to purchase a sim card it’s always no network for registration story all the time...i gave up on them already anyway

Don’t give up

Their website server they use for that registration is bleeped up. I went there about 3 times before I was able to register my sim

Now am enjoying it

The 48gb data that I subscribed since July 1st, I’ve been unable to finish it till now even with my heavy usage. I still have over 17gb left

You’ll enjoy it, trust me
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

18k. But I'd prefer N12,500 for 40gb plus free unlimited between 1-7am

My bro, if this is on spectranet , I don’t mind. Can I get their SIM card and use it on my ntel mifi or I’d need to buy another mifi ?

Thanks for your help bro.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fiyinfoluwa20:

My bro, if this is on spectranet , I don’t mind. Can I get their SIM card and use it on my ntel mifi or I’d need to buy another mifi ?

Thanks for your help bro.

I don't think they sell only sim card but u can check their office and make inquiry. Normally u have to get the sim with their modem and a plan.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by queenfav(f): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
davour:
we do use ntel network in our office around calus miller in pH, through out last week up till now, thier network have been so bleeped... we even went to their office the one close to 2nd artillery near happy bite and also to the one close to shell gate and funny enough they have having d same network problem, but the annoying part is that they were selling their sim card and were trying to register new customers ... I was like this guys are not serious ... their customer will not pick their call, if u call their agent , they will say d fault is from Lagos, we had no option than to change to sepractnet, they are not as fast as ntel but they are still OK
If I narrate my encounter eh. My neighbors at my Shop plaza were bragging about it. Na so i carry myself go their shell gate office, got sim and registered. The lady there assured me the line would be activated within 48hrs. Na so i dey, 2 days passed yet the sim wasn't working. I then went to their attilery office, that was when d guy there said the ntel sim for 4g data plan selects phones. That it doesn't at work on iPhones, gionee m6 (which i use) and some other devices. Before then i had already bought airtime of 1000 naira to subscribe. I had to drop the sim with the lady there to sell it and refund me my 1k.Their boss came and started pitching 18000 naira mifi to me to buy since the sim doesn't work on my M6. What do i need that for? Their service is very poor. Never have i heard it anywhere that a sim card selects phones it works on!

3 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by generationz(f): 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:
My Ntel still works. I subscribed online on Monday and within 45 mins it started working. I think most people having problems are those using the wawu sim. I use the classic sim, unlimited and it still works.

But that is not denying that they always have this issue whereby u subscribe online and it takes forever for ur airtime to turn to data.
how much do you subscribe for on the classic sim for(data/cost)

how much did you buy your sim

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by generationz(f): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
renewa29:
I recharged online with the Wawu sim so I do not see a reason to panic.
please how much is the subscription
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by generationz(f): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

I think it's free, u just have to buy a plan
you aren't sure, but you bought it na?
how much is the plan
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by maasoap(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
jidxin:
1k for 12 gb

1k for 12gb! I guess NCC policy to protect New Entrants doesn't apply to them.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
generationz:

how much do you subscribe for on the classic sim for(data/cost)

how much did you buy your sim

I got my sim about a year ago and that was when Ntel was still Ntel not now that they have ruined everything with their promo sim. The classic sim doesn't cost anything, u just pay for a plan and get the sim. 1k5 for 2 days unlimited, 3,750 for 1 week unlimited, 17k5 for 1 month unlimited. That's how we roll on ntel before the stewpid wawu sim came out and ruined everything and now to subscribe na war.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by newoffer: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
NCC will be romancing all dis scamming Network. All of them are milking poor masses
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Babysheart(f): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Who says Ntel is dead? It's currently the best and cheapest network in Nigeria especially if you are using a Wawu SIM.

Resubbed this morning without stress.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davour(m): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
queenfav:
Before then i had already bought airtime of 1000 naira to subscribe. I had to drop the sim with the lady there to sell it and refund me my 1k.Their boss came and started pitching 18000 naira mifi to me to buy since the sim doesn't work on my M6. What do i need that for? Their service is very poor. Never have i heard it anywhere that a sim card selects phones it works on!

ya it does cos when ours had a problem and I inserted d sim in phone it rejected my phone I had to pick my colleague phone and it accepted it ... I was this sim card is on menopause

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by obojememe: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Paradise163:

Don’t give up

Their website server they use for that registration is bleeped up. I went there about 3 times before I was able to register my sim

Now am enjoying it

The 48gb data that I subscribed since July 1st, I’ve been unable to finish it till now even with my heavy usage. I still have over 17gb left

You’ll enjoy it, trust me

thanks, will probably check back tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Babysheart:
Who says Ntel is dead? It's currently the best and cheapest network in Nigeria especially if you are using a Wawu SIM.

Resubbed this morning without stress.

Lol, for 1 line that u successfully subscribe to, there is another line that paid and never got subscribed. Go to their Twitter and Facebook page and see for urself.

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
generationz:

please how much is the subscription
1k only.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Most Used Phone in Nigeria 2014 ... / New Smartphones Expected To Be Released Early 2017 / Motorola Unveils The Motorola P30, A Copycat Of The Iphone X (Specs And Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.