Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? (32231 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Jayremayah: 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
queenfav:
If I narrate my encounter eh. My neighbors at my Shop plaza were bragging about it. Na so i carry myself go their shell gate office, got sim and registered. The lady there assured me the line would be activated within 48hrs. Na so i dey, 2 days passed yet the sim wasn't working. I then went to their attilery office, that was when d guy there said the ntel sim for 4g data plan selects phones. That it doesn't at work on iPhones, gionee m6 (which i use) and some other devices. Before then i had already bought airtime of 1000 naira to subscribe. I had to drop the sim with the lady there to sell it and refund me my 1k.Their boss came and started pitching 18000 naira mifi to me to buy since the sim doesn't work on my M6. What do i need that for? Their service is very poor. Never have i heard it anywhere that a sim card selects phones it works on!

Queenfav this your story is very funny ooo ������
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Jayremayah: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
For the ones complaining about NTEL, well its what I use and its good.
Check out my data usage for just today and this month at large..30gb+ this month..

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by tidedroid: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
My mtn sim vs my ntel sim at 4 this evening

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
Jayremayah:
Check out my data usage for just today and this month at large..30gb+ this month..

Lol, 30+ gb and u dey talk. I use around 80-120gb a month on Ntel. But I am complaining now because today makes it 9 days that I have subscribed but my sub has not been changed to a data plan. getting a new sim is out of the question because most people getting new sim now have activation problem. I have called Ntel more than 10 times all they keep telling me is they will fix it within 24 hours. They are incompetent. When it works its good, but when u are in my shoes or shoes of many others that have their money hanging then u will know.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
tidedroid:
My mtn sim vs my ntel sim at 4 this evening

Its no secret that in most situations MTN is way faster than Ntel. Just that its expensive. And don't forget ur MTN is on 3g, imagine if that is 4g
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ntel Speed here in Abuja

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ulrich01(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
amoduokoh:
Ntel Speed here in Abuja

Not up to 500KB/s... slow
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by tidedroid: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Its no secret that in most situations MTN is way faster than Ntel. Just that its expensive. And don't forget ur MTN is on 3g, imagine if that is 4g
when I bought my ntel sim I didn't expect spectranet level of speed but I thought at worst I'd get mtn 3g speeds but this is just ridiculous. Unfortunately mtn 4g isn't available were I live
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by vampire2020: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
Plz when will this download finish? undecided undecided very useless Network but when you browse it is faster than the speed of light.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
vampire2020:
Plz when will this download finish? undecided undecided very useless Network but when you browse it is faster than the speed of light.
how come you are downloading torrent file with IDM shocked how did you make it work? As for that your speed, your download will finish after next year presidential elections.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
vampire2020:

Downloading a file is not the best way to determine the speed of a network. Downloading depends on many factors. The site u are downloading from, some websites throttle ur download speed due to low latency or bandwidth. This is why it is faster to download from websites like Microsoft or apple but slower on some file sharing websites. Some websites will even charge u premium for faster download and free for slower download. So u cannot judge speed of ur internet by downloading files.

The best way to test ur internet speed is to use a speed test app. If u get decent speed then it's not their fault if u are downloading things at a slower speed. And if u are downloading a torrent then it's dependent on number of seeders.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by odiagabros(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ntel speed @ Surulere Lagos. Am enjoying it
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Jayremayah: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, 30+ gb and u dey talk. I use around 80-120gb a month on Ntel. But I am complaining now because today makes it 9 days that I have subscribed but my sub has not been changed to a data plan. getting a new sim is out of the question because most people getting new sim now have activation problem. I have called Ntel more than 10 times all they keep telling me is they will fix it within 24 hours. They are incompetent. When it works its good, but when u are in my shoes or shoes of many others that have their money hanging then u will know.
You spoken well amigo, but don't call NTEL incompetent
They are still a kid so don't bully them, MTN AIRTEL and GLO has shown us worse days, they are barely 2years operational and are offering 4g services..
You got to give them credits

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2018
Jayremayah:

You spoken well amigo, but don't call NTEL incompetent
They are still a kid so don't bully them, MTN AIRTEL and GLO has shown us worse days, they are barely 2years operational and are offering 4g services..
You got to give them credits

Who is bullying them? Today makes it the 9th day and my N3,750 is still hanging. After wasting all my money to call them everyday all they keep saying is they are working on it. So tell me if I don't have alternative I'll just be without internet, after collecting my money to give me data becomes difficult, and u think that is competency? Talk true if na MTN do this kind think u think the social media won't be full right now saying MTN are fraud, they should be sent packing bla bla bla. Oh mind u there are a lot others that have had this problem going to 4 weeks now, they paid and plan never got activated, some even paid N17,500 for 1 month yet nothing.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by phemolala07(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Who is bullying them? Today makes it the 9th day and my N3,750 is still hanging. After wasting all my money to call them everyday all they keep saying is they are working on it. So tell me if I don't have alternative I'll just be without internet, after collecting my money to give me data becomes difficult, and u think that is competency? Talk true if na MTN do this kind think u think the social media won't be full right now saying MTN are fraud, they should be sent packing bla bla bla. Oh mind u there are a lot others that have had this problem going to 4 weeks now, they paid and plan never got activated, some even paid N17,500 for 1 month yet nothing.

Having dsame problem with u my own is 1k tho it is going to b three weeks next week Tuesday
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by EBUBS(m): 3:38am On Jul 26, 2018
Apparently I'm not the only one going through this
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nwereonye(m): 8:26am On Jul 26, 2018
Do airtime top-up first before subscribing for any plan. It makes it much more faster.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ulrich01(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2018
Nwereonye:
Do airtime top-up first before subscribing for any plan. It makes it much more faster.

Same thing. Did that 4 days ago. Recharge successful, subscribing becomes error. 3k hanging
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2018
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and so far it's been great. However, I do not subscribe online. I just walk to their shop and pay for the sub which doesn't take long to work. Maximum of about 40minutes, No hiccups at all.
On sunday I was at Eko Hotel and the thing was just running. Their network there that day was Perfect.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
AryaSand:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and so far it's been great. However, I do not subscribe online. I just walk to their shop and pay for the sub which doesn't take long to working. Maximum of about 40minutes, No hiccups at all.
On sunday I was at Eko Hotel and the thing was just running. Their network there that day was Perfect.
I recommend this too.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Dokitadotun: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2018
Paradise163:

Yes I am
Hello Madam P, I will like to chat with you on WhatsApp if you don't mind. I need a serious business advice on selling on Jumia/Konga. I am thinking of investing something big, pls assist me. Thanks. 0-8-0-3-7-5-3-8-1-0-0
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Darkseid(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Is anyone experiencing speed throttling here? I used to get up 3MBps on my Ntel SIM but since I got my new phone about a week ago, I've not gotten up to 250KBps. I can't tell if it's just a coincidence or if the problem is from my phone.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by fergieboy: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2018
Jayremayah:
Please which phone screenshot is this
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ntel speed in my area of Port Harcourt is barely usable, so slow and nearly impossible. Apart from nairaland, other websites are just tedious.

This is unacceptable for a 4g network.

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Dead network, waste of money angry angry
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by domwas2(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Please I need a good Chinese phone with 2 ram with at least 16gig also a good camera that goes for 30k or less please advise

franchasng:
stop mentioning China whenever u want to talk about crap things because China has evolved beyond that level u talked about.

Go to Chinese websites like aliexpress, etc and you will see people from those countries u see as super hero that produces only quality items buying China products and coming back to hail China and thank them. I am talking about people from Russia, Germany, USA, UK, Netherlands, France, Italy, Belgium, Australia, Canada, etc.

Only unproductive and zero creative people from backward under developed nations like Nigeria that still think of China as people that produces crap. But ordinary safety pin u cannot produce.

Now let me educate u and others like u.

China broke even and won the world market not by competing with European, American and Japanese products in quality, they noticed that things were costly and poor and average people are unable to buy many life amenities because they are costly and made for the few rich class, so China capitalised on this to penetrate global market by producing the same things at lesser cost and price but at a reduced quality.

As an Engineer, let me use this opportunity to enlighten you and others with your wack type of mentality.

In engineering and technology, once u have mastered the working principles of a device or machine, and able to produce a low quality version of the original device, u can as well produce the high quality version. All you need to do is increase the percentage of the main material. For example, if its made of steel and other metals, u can simply increase the percentage of the steel to increase the durability but this will lead to increase in production cost and of course selling price of the finished goods.

This is what Chinese manufacturers are avoiding so that their products can be affordable for everybody. So if China wants to manufacture the top quality, they can do that which they do in their military equipments and some national consumed goods.

If China could design and build their own Chinese locally made space craft that was able to go to the moon and return back safely thrice, something United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, France, etc couldn't do, then u have no right to talk down on Chinese products okay

If not for China, people like u won't be able to afford a mobile phone talk less of a laptop, so thank China and stop condemning their products okay
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by XxLawMakerxX(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
This network is dead. My God even their customer service haven't responded for a week now and it's not like it was even fast self. Chai, make I go back my stable too 4g jor
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by odinga1of: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
otokx:
Ntel speed in my area of Port Harcourt is barely usable, so slow and nearly impossible. Apart from nairaland, other websites are just tedious.

This is unacceptable for a 4g network.

How do you subscribe in Port Harcourt, I went their office at Atilery, the Fat woman there said we should pay extra 1k to get 48gb..............instead of the usual 3k we are paying. since Saturday till now.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by EBUBS(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2018
fergieboy:

Please which phone screenshot is this
It can only be Xiaomi cheesy wink
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2018
odinga1of:

How do you subscribe in Port Harcourt, I went their office at Atilery, the Fat woman there said we should pay extra 1k to get 48gb..............instead of the usual 3k we are paying. since Saturday till now.
recharge with quickteller, then chat ntel on Facebook to activate the plan for you.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Code8: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
davidoisamoje:

True talk! They are not ready for business at all. I already moved on. I put up the post so people thinking of getting it will rethink the think grin wink

���� Hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Motorola Unveils The Motorola P30, A Copycat Of The Iphone X (Specs And Photos) / HELP!!! I Need A Good Phone. / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.