Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? (32188 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
davour:

ya it does cos when ours had a problem and I inserted d sim in phone it rejected my phone I had to pick my colleague phone and it accepted it ... I was this sim card is on menopause

More

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by alexov(m): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
No problems with my ntel line here in PH. Speed is good. Just subscribed last week, there was a little delay before my sub was activated though but apart from that no problems.
I think their mobile app needs work though.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Reference(m): 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
davidoisamoje:
So for the past weeks, ntel have been having a lot of issues ranging from:

1. Unable to sub
2. Zapping of data
3. Slow network ( can't download fast )
4. Network disconnection
5. Lot of signals for days etc.

With all this above and more, their customer care ( customer nightmare ) will keep giving you 1 same reply! If you want to try for your self, call them in the morning b4 9 am and they will tell you " before 12 pm today " call after 12 pm you get something like " in 24hours it will be resolved "

What do you think is the best step to make/take, to save our self this trouble and to avoid late delivery of works done!

That is the same fate that awaits 'Nigeria Air' or whatever it is called. Just wasted your time and money. Government has no business in business.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
alexov:
No problems with my ntel line here in PH. Speed is good. Just subscribed last week, there was a little delay before my sub was activated though but apart from that no problems.
I think their mobile app needs work though.

Seconded, but for a few tweaks, Port Harcourt is enjoying Ntel.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by mikron(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

That 17k for 1 month looks like a lot of money and sometimes I don't use it for 2--3 days, so I prefer doing 1 week when I know I'm going to use it. And their app is rubbish, their website is rubbish. I subscribed since yesterday and up till now my line is not browsing, I just finished talking to their cc on the phone now and the lady said they tried activating it yesterday and it didn't go through so now they are sending to technical department and I should wait another 24 hours.
That's my problem with them, that 24hr crap. And to worsen the situation, they will never deem it fit to add the days they wasted for u. If they waste 2 days then u ll get to enjoy only 5 days of ur sub that is if u sub for 1 wk. I live in abuja and I use ntel too.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Brightology2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
princemillla:

Bros, dem no dey tell person na. Na with annoyance i go resubscribe my spectranet.

Atleast the speed is worth the cost
tried getting the spectranet at computer village but they said is not detachable. that is sold with the porch. they called 17k. pls I need a better info on it.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
Reference:

That is the same fate that awaits 'Nigeria Air' or whatever it is called. Just wasted your time and money. Government has no business in business.

This is exactly why I frown at people that are asking for dstv to leave Nigeria because it's a South African company. If dstv leaves today I bet it that in less than 2 yrs people will be begging them to come back because whatever Nigerian company that replaces them is going to mess up the whole live football for us.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by princemillla(m): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Brightology2:
tried getting the spectranet at computer village but they said is not detachable. that is sold with the porch. they called 17k. pls I need a better info on it.

Which of the spectranet
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by LilNetty(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
Brightology2:
tried getting them spectranet at computer village but they said is not detachable. that is sold with the porch. they called 17k. pls I need a better info on it.
I got my fairly used and cracked spectranet modem for 14k..am presently using and enjoying my NTEL SIm on it ..no story

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Brightology2(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
princemillla:

Which of the spectranet
spectranet 4GLTE
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Brightology2(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
princemillla:

Which of the spectranet
Freedom MIFI@#16,000 + 25GB
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Brightology2(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
LilNetty:
I got my fairly used and cracked spectranet modem for 14k..am presently using and enjoying my NTEL SIm on it ..no story
maybe I gat
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by seedsower(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
yes!!!!
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Cheekah212(m): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Paradise163:

Don’t give up

Their website server they use for that registration is bleeped up. I went there about 3 times before I was able to register my sim

Now am enjoying it

The 48gb data that I subscribed since July 1st, I’ve been unable to finish it till now even with my heavy usage. I still have over 17gb left

You’ll enjoy it, trust me
Please are you in lagos?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by princemillla(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Brightology2:
Freedom MIFI@#16,000 + 25GB

Bros check olx for soectranet or mifi that can be unlocked. Get soectranet sim my be 2k or 3 . Subscribe 10k for 25gigs.

Much better . U will spend more but on the long run it will favour u
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by odiagabros(m): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ntel working perfectly for me no issues
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Brightology2(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
princemillla:

Bros check olx for soectranet or mifi that can be unlocked. Get soectranet sim my be 2k or 3 . Subscribe 10k for 25gigs.

Much better . U will spend more but on the long run it will favour u
thanks bro
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Paradise163(f): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Cheekah212:
Please are you in lagos?

Yes I am
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by danjalingo: 2:10am On Jul 23, 2018
Ah, ah. Nite still dey?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by jidxin(m): 6:39am On Jul 23, 2018
maasoap:

1k for 12gb! I guess NCC policy to protect New Entrants doesn't apply to them.
maybe
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by jidxin(m): 7:31am On Jul 23, 2018
Ulrich01:

Wawu or just ordinary sub?

Wawu. I just sub again now and it reflected within 15mins
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ulrich01(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2018
jidxin:

Wawu. I just sub again now and it reflected within 15mins

Your luck. Subbed #500 yesterday on a sim, reflected within 5mins. Subbed on another sim #3k yesterday too, recharge went through, error coming up for data activation till now undecided
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by jidxin(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2018
Ulrich01:

Your luck. Subbed #500 yesterday on a sim, reflected within 5mins. Subbed on another sim #3k yesterday too, recharge went through, error coming up for data activation till now undecided
I didn't do a direct recharging.....I subd directly
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2018
queenfav:
If I narrate my encounter eh. My neighbors at my Shop plaza were bragging about it. Na so i carry myself go their shell gate office, got sim and registered. The lady there assured me the line would be activated within 48hrs. Na so i dey, 2 days passed yet the sim wasn't working. I then went to their attilery office, that was when d guy there said the ntel sim for 4g data plan selects phones. That it doesn't at work on iPhones, gionee m6 (which i use) and some other devices. Before then i had already bought airtime of 1000 naira to subscribe. I had to drop the sim with the lady there to sell it and refund me my 1k.Their boss came and started pitching 18000 naira mifi to me to buy since the sim doesn't work on my M6. What do i need that for? Their service is very poor. Never have i heard it anywhere that a sim card selects phones it works on!

It's normal for a sim to select phones, Ntel is a 4G only network likewise spectranet, smile et al. Hope you understand now?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2018
queenfav:
If I narrate my encounter eh. My neighbors at my Shop plaza were bragging about it. Na so i carry myself go their shell gate office, got sim and registered. The lady there assured me the line would be activated within 48hrs. Na so i dey, 2 days passed yet the sim wasn't working. I then went to their attilery office, that was when d guy there said the ntel sim for 4g data plan selects phones. That it doesn't at work on iPhones, gionee m6 (which i use) and some other devices. Before then i had already bought airtime of 1000 naira to subscribe. I had to drop the sim with the lady there to sell it and refund me my 1k.Their boss came and started pitching 18000 naira mifi to me to buy since the sim doesn't work on my M6. What do i need that for? Their service is very poor. Never have i heard it anywhere that a sim card selects phones it works on!

It's normal for a sim to select phones, Ntel is a 4G only network likewise spectranet, smile et al. Hope you understand now??
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by henry007(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2018
greenhulk:
My Ntel still works. I subscribed online on Monday and within 45 mins it started working. I think most people having problems are those using the wawu sim. I use the classic sim, unlimited and it still works.

But that is not denying that they always have this issue whereby u subscribe online and it takes forever for ur airtime to turn to data.

Had issues with classic sim for 10days, no connection. July 2 - July 11

Still has network issues in my house for the whole day yesterday. It just started working around 9:30AM today.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ogtavia(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2018
sircrabo:

pls where can I get this Ntel Sim and how does it work? I use MTN and it's taking too much from me. I recharge almost every 2 weeks.

Is there a modem? my phone is a single Sim and there's no place to put the Ntel Sim
NTEL offers 4glte services, so if your phone isn't 4G enabled, get a 4G device. NTEL is only available in Lagos,Abuja and Port Harcourt for now.The SIM is free.Walk into any NTEL outlet and they will promptly service your demands.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by dochenaj: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2018
StackNerd:
Ntel is not dead!, Its just that the goal of starting NTEL was not to make money, its just like many other businesses in Nigeria , it's a Money Washing Machine (MWM) . " It's a money Laundromat"
That's an interesting accusation. Tell me more about that?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Lamiri(m): 1:16am On Jul 24, 2018
Currently using unlimited night, and I stay in lagos
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by davidoisamoje: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Swift is just the best I have used so far, the only downside is that outside Lagos I have to look for another network! embarassed because swift is for Lagos alone.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Jayremayah: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
PenlsCaP:

Pls is the wawu SIM getting network..?
Bought mine 2weeks ago I couldn't get network. So I drop it. With my 22gb languishing inside it

Yes they are having network

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Most Used Phone in Nigeria 2014 ... / New Smartphones Expected To Be Released Early 2017 / Motorola Unveils The Motorola P30, A Copycat Of The Iphone X (Specs And Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.