Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? (32249 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
So NITEL still dey exist?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

Where and how did you unlock your MTN Mifi?
Won’t work with mine.
I’m lag based thank you.

I have the MTN mifi Huawei E5573. Unlocked it at Computer Village Ikeja for 2k
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by franchasng: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
jbazic:
Ntel! Hmm sounds more like Chinese crap
stop mentioning China whenever u want to talk about crap things because China has evolved beyond that level u talked about.

Go to Chinese websites like aliexpress, etc and you will see people from those countries u see as super hero that produces only quality items buying China products and coming back to hail China and thank them. I am talking about people from Russia, Germany, USA, UK, Netherlands, France, Italy, Belgium, Australia, Canada, etc.

Only unproductive and zero creative people from backward under developed nations like Nigeria that still think of China as people that produces crap. But ordinary safety pin u cannot produce.

Now let me educate u and others like u.

China broke even and won the world market not by competing with European, American and Japanese products in quality, they noticed that things were costly and poor and average people are unable to buy many life amenities because they are costly and made for the few rich class, so China capitalised on this to penetrate global market by producing the same things at lesser cost and price but at a reduced quality.

As an Engineer, let me use this opportunity to enlighten you and others with your wack type of mentality.

In engineering and technology, once u have mastered the working principles of a device or machine, and able to produce a low quality version of the original device, u can as well produce the high quality version. All you need to do is increase the percentage of the main material. For example, if its made of steel and other metals, u can simply increase the percentage of the steel to increase the durability but this will lead to increase in production cost and of course selling price of the finished goods.

This is what Chinese manufacturers are avoiding so that their products can be affordable for everybody. So if China wants to manufacture the top quality, they can do that which they do in their military equipments and some national consumed goods.

If China could design and build their own Chinese locally made space craft that was able to go to the moon and return back safely thrice, something United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, France, etc couldn't do, then u have no right to talk down on Chinese products okay

If not for China, people like u won't be able to afford a mobile phone talk less of a laptop, so thank China and stop condemning their products okay

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fiyinfoluwa20:

My understanding is that the 3750 is a weekend sub thing, am I missing something ?

3750 is 1 week unlimited
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
Rukky2010:

How is Ntel stealing your money?
Which other Data service Provider will give you 12gb for 1k?

There network is OK in Port Harcourt but not as strong as at last year when WaWu was not introduce yet.

I think we should just be patient with them. Maybe they are working on their server

Stop defending them. If this was MTN u people would have started crying foul. I've been using Ntel for over 1 yr and I don't use the cheap wawu sim, I pay premium but for a week now they collected my N3,750 and still haven't activated my bundle. Go to Twitter u will see many customers that have subscribed for over 3 or even 4 weeks yet they have not activated their bundle. WTF. If I want to subscribe on MTN it takes only a few seconds, same thing with other foreign owned ISP.. but because this is owned by Nigerians they have to give us this rubbish. This is why nothing ever works in this country. When I sub for 1 week @N3750 because I need it for that period, they failed to activate me or refund my money, is it when I am now out of network area that they will activate me and the whole thing will be a waste? I mean why would it take 4 freaking weeks to activate a data subscription. I've never ever heard this done anywhere in the world. But of course u will not complain because its owned by Nigerians lol.

Mind u I don't sub 1k for 12gb.. I pay over 17k every month on their network.

5 Likes

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Isiri: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=renewa29 post=69273370]I recharged online with the Wawu sim so I do not see a reason to panic. [/quo

please bro. how do u subscribe online. I'm also using wawu sim
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dead ke,they are the best thing to happen to Nigeria,I have unlimited access to the Internet, no cap or slow speed,although I wish they will bring their price down a bit but that's just me being a broke azz.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Darkseid(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
I can't remember the last time I saw up to 150KBps on Ntel. I no come know if the problem na from my phone.

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Jaqenhghar: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Is there anything good that thrives in this shithole?

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
justscorchone:
Dead ke,they are the best thing to happen to Nigeria,I have unlimited access to the Internet, no cap or slow speed,although I wish they will bring their price down a bit but that's just me being a broke azz.

When it works they are the best as I have also been using unlimited data for over a year now. But I've been hearing complains about people subscribing and data not activated for up to 4 weeks.. I have always turned a deaf ear until it happened to me. I subscribed for 1 week unlimited since last tuesday and up till today my money is still hanging even though I have been calling them everyday since Tuesday and they keep telling me its being worked on. That is totally unacceptable. Bro enjoy ur unlimited oh, but when it happens to u don't complain, when u pay N17k plus for 1 month and they hang ur money for 3 weeks then u will know they are not the best.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by mjay2018: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Stop defending them. If this was MTN u people would have started crying foul. I've been using Ntel for over 1 yr and I don't use the cheap wawu sim, I pay premium but for a week now they collected my N3,750 and still haven't activated my bundle. Go to Twitter u will see many customers that have subscribed for over 3 or even 4 weeks yet they have not activated their bundle. WTF. If I want to subscribe on MTN it takes only a few seconds, same thing with other foreign owned ISP.. but because this is owned by Nigerians they have to give us this rubbish. This is why nothing ever works in this country. When I sub for 1 week @N3750 because I need it for that period, they failed to activate me or refund my money, is it when I am now out of network area that they will activate me and the whole thing will be a waste? I mean why would it take 4 freaking weeks to activate a data subscription. I've never ever heard this done anywhere in the world. But of course u will not complain because its owned by Nigerians lol.

You can actually hold your reactivation untill ure aready to use it. They held activation for me for 3weeks before while out of the country, which other network would do that? Just talk to their customer care.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by klax(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
davidoisamoje:
So for the past weeks, ntel have been having a lot of issues ranging from:

1. Unable to sub
2. Zapping of data
3. Slow network ( can't download fast )
4. Network disconnection
5. Lot of signals for days etc.

With all this above and more, their customer care ( customer nightmare ) will keep giving you 1 same reply! If you want to try for your self, call them in the morning b4 9 am and they will tell you " before 12 pm today " call after 12 pm you get something like " in 24hours it will be resolved "

What do you think is the best step to make/take, to save our self this trouble and to avoid late delivery of works done!

Bro do you need a prophet or soothsayer to tell you Ntel are not ready for business? They are dead already just look for alternative network to avoid given yourself headache.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by mjay2018: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

You can actually hold your reactivation untill ure ready to use it. They held activation for me for 3weeks before while out of the country, which other network would do that? Just talk to their customer care.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

When it works they are the best as I have also been using unlimited data for over a year now. But I've been hearing complains about people subscribing and data not activated for up to 4 weeks.. I have always turned a deaf ear until it happened to me. I subscribed for 1 week unlimited since last tuesday and up till today my money is still hanging even though I have been calling them everyday since Tuesday and they keep telling me its being worked on. That is totally unacceptable. Bro enjoy ur unlimited oh, but when it happens to u don't complain, when u pay N17k plus for 1 month and they hang ur money for 3 weeks then u will know they are not the best.

I got a number of a beautiful girl that works with them when I bought my device so when it happened to me all I did was send money to her account and she loaded it for me.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Me too. SInce last Tuesday. I've been calling them everyday since Tuesday the same response is "We are sorry we are working on it". There was a point I demanded to speak with a superior and a supposedly supervisor named Toyin spoke to me promising to resolve it. She later called back on Thursday saying it will be rectified that day. Fast forward today Sunday its still not working. Yesterday I had to go and dig out my Spectranet that I have abandoned for over a year and subscribed to it. Ntel are useless for now, and they brought this unto themselves because of the traffic they generated with the wawu sim.

How much does unlimited spectranet cost ?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
mjay2018:

You can actually hold your reactivation untill ure ready to use it. They held activation for me for 3weeks before while out of the country, which other network would do that? Just talk to their customer care.

U don't get it do u? How can I subscribe for a package and I don't get what I paid for, hold my money for 1,2,3 and even 4 weeks and u think that is cool. So all these days they hold my money I should remain without internet? I'm not talking about holding my subscription per request here, I paid for something because I want to use it at a particular time and they can't give it to me when I need it. And u think that is normal?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Shakadesi: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
itel P32 for sake @ giveaway price of N18.5k.
4000mah Battery, 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage, Fingerprint. 5.5HD screen, Android 8.1 etc.
if u are in Akure, call me on 0..9..0..9..9..6..7..7..8..6..9.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fiyinfoluwa20:

How much does unlimited spectranet cost ?

18k. But I'd prefer N12,500 for 40gb plus free unlimited between 1-7am
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
justscorchone:

I got a number of a beautiful girl that works with them when I bought my device so when it happened to me all I did was send money to her account and she loaded it for me.

You were just lucky my friend. Trust me I have people working at ntel I even have a supervisor's number. The thing is they themselves don't understand what is going on. Sometimes they activate u and sometimes it becomes impossible to get activated after paying.. its just random.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by otokx(m): 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Despite all the bad publicity

I decided to check out things for myself, my location is PH.

My subscription had expired but I still put on my WIFI and clicked on their website and then clicked on summary which showed everything to be 0.

I tried to recharge the wawu data only and it just kept on rolling so closed the page and reopened it.

I now decided to buy 1000 ntel voice credit and it took me to the payment page and I inputed my ATM details including OTP then it showed payment not completed meanwhile I was debited 1000 naira.

I closed the page and reopened it, all balance was 0. I closed the page and went about my other business and returned after 10 minutes to see that the main was showing 1000 naira balance in voice.

I went to buy data only and choose buy using ntel credit which ironically was showing 0. I tried the 1st time it timed out, then the 2nd time it said my request has been received and gave me a reference no which I did not bother copying but closed the page.

I restarted my device and went out, by the time I returned some hours later, everything was working and the page showed my data balance and the expiry date.

Let us bear with Ntel as they overcome their challenges due to their data bonanza.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Hedonisst: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
Anything Nigerian owned and/or operated must be shitty. It's a problem.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Quickteller is the answer to these problems. Their site and app are presently problematic so it's safe to use QT and flex on.

N.B. No network at the moment and it's being that way since the last 5 hrs grin
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by JeffreyJames(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Spot on!! Took them 2 whole weeks to activate monthly unlimited. And I'm sure if would have been more if not for the intervention of NCC and CPC. They now called and started apologising and talking bullocks.

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by sheggsliveth: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
ojoj:

Ol boy pls go n get it. Infact with Ntel, I am enjoying the 'head' of my life. It's so sweet! Everyone around me is enjoying Ntel.

please how reliable is there network and hope you didn't have any difficulties when recharging?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Ogiefrank(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
When other network realize customers diversion

They have visited the nearest native doctor for Ntel.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by PenlsCaP: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
otokx:
Just recharged my ntel wawu sim, seems like they will overcome the challenges.

Pls is the wawu SIM getting network..?
Bought mine 2weeks ago I couldn't get network. So I drop it. With my 22gb languishing inside it
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by PenlsCaP: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

I wanted to check out the time my 1 month sub would expire. I just checked my email and viola it has expired. They didn't even compensate subscribers for the problems we encountered especially those that often sub one month .

Why do you always opt for one week instead of one month? I agree it's a network for brrowing and streaming and yes, I'm using mainly for those purposes.

Is it wawu SIM? Have they solve the issue?
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by ollah2: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
PenlsCaP:

Is it wawu SIM? Have they solve the issue?

The regular sim. I haven't used a WAWU sim before

1 Like

Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by meobizy(f): 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
When my friend Charix said Ntel was only a hair's end away from being useless, nairalanders came for his head -- swearing it was impossible. Now see the same nairalanders two years later. LOL.
This forum is full of children with all talk and no real world experience.

I know very well this is the beginning of the end. It seems Nigerian internet providing companies never have plans of staying for the long term. They only come, force a profit by registering more users than their network capacity then quickly close shop and run off when the company goes under. My house is a den of funny looking modems I was able to acquire over the years of jumping from one ISP to the other. Na MTN sure pass. I reduce all forms of data communication to the most basic so my data can last the longest time possible.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
ollah2:

Quickteller is the answer to these problems. Their site and app are presently problematic so it's safe to use QT and flex on.

N.B. No network at the moment and it's being that way since the last 5 hrs grin

Count urself lucky because I also used Quickteller and its been 6 days now same story even after several calls. I've been forced to go and dig out my spectranet modem.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Amberon11: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
But generally, would you say their Network is fast while browsing?
greenhulk:
My Ntel still works. I subscribed online on Monday and within 45 mins it started working. I think most people having problems are those using the wawu sim. I use the classic sim, unlimited and it still works.

But that is not denying that they always have this issue whereby u subscribe online and it takes forever for ur airtime to turn to data.
Re: Should We Say Ntel Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
Amberon11:
But generally, would you say their Network is fast while browsing?

When it works its fast. At least with unlimited data I can easily stream Youtube @480p with no problems, sometimes even at 720p. Downloading is decent, no complains. And Netflix works just fine with no buffer at good quality. But no network comes close to MTN when it comes to raw speed. That thing streams Netflix at freaking 1080p or even 4k. Watched 1 episode of El Chapo with MTN at 4k quality.. but na my data suffer am sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Motorola Unveils The Motorola P30, A Copycat Of The Iphone X (Specs And Photos) / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans / HELP!!! I Need A Good Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.