Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. (52971 Views)

Am I The Only One Finding It Difficult To Have A Relationship / I'm Finding It Hard Getting Intimate With My Fiancee / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by SirMichael1: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

She is only complaining about his part. But she hasn't told us the parts where he also went out of his way for her. Or do you think a man in love won't go out of his way for his woman?

On the contrary, she has.

Let me help you;

Monday200:
He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

Now when you carefully go over the emboldened, what catches your attention??

It's that 'always' that's a red flag. He always this... He always that... If you love your woman as a man, you'll only go out of your way if your 'out of the way' isn't controlling or suffocating your partner.

2 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Originalsly: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

Break up with him and watch the next lady grab him for life.

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.

Bro...I swear...if that man switch and be a lover of men...you would be rushing to the front of the line. Money is not everything.... is it better to gain the world and lose your soul?
@ topic. If your man loves you....and cares for you as a person... he will respect you for who you are. You can't change the spots of a leopard/stripes of a tiger.... he wants you to be a pretender... to be who you are not. You are asking if you should live a fake life....he would be happy to see you in masquerade mode.... would you be happy?...will he care if you are? You make this change...what other changes are in the works?...you will have to go along with others.... party you must...if he does drugs...so must you...if he shares gf with his clique.... you got to give it up. I do understand the times we're living in...hard times. Be yourself.... you're not comfortable with make up...don't use...you're not the party type...don't go.... let him take you as you are. ..or move on... he is not the only one interested in you.This I can guarantee.....others in his circle are secretly watching you..... seeing the type of woman you are...your values. .. if you are a LovePeddler or wife material....should you be who you are... the minute he drops you...they will be fighting for you.
........and we're always wondering why a guy will dump his gf only for his best friend to marry her.

2 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2018
I can boldly says you only stayed with him because of his riches cos its obvious that both of you don't have the same thing in common

But sometimes I don't know what our women really want
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by kfasian: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2018
You seem to be a believer trying to convert and marry an unbeliever. Wherever you got that your life of modesty from...You Be the one to influence his life rather than he influencing you. He proposed to you after 7months of dating, meaning that he has seen what he wants in a woman inside of you. If you tilt towards his side completely then you will even be a dissapointment to him. Sit him down and tell him who you are, your background and your actual beliefs. Enjoy your future together. God Bless your intended union.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Mimee803: 11:36am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.
dont say that to her! Not everyone is flashy nd showy like d rest of d world...lady I get u...I am a lot like that....dont change there is nothing wrong with wanting a simple life he fell in love with u d way u are...my advise is compromise it's just a dress and some heavy jewellery for a few hours every other day...wear it but dont lose the sense of who u are cos u will become unhappy and bitter towards him...besides there are ways to dress up simply but still very classy explore those ways...talk to him communicate and give it time marriage takes time patience understanding will grow...dont try to change urself! just improve....hes only acting out wat he has always known same as u...
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by 2buffagain(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
Bluffly:

Your husband to be is actually poor

Oh please fix your brain, literally.
What does being simple have to be with bring poor?

This is why when black people get small money, they will not let anybody hear word again.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Thojan(m): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
Don't marry because of money, follow your passion.Don't marry because of money, follow your passion.Don't marry because of money, follow your passion.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Bluffly: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
2buffagain:

Oh please fix your brain, literally.
What does being simple have to be with bring poor?

This is why when black people get small money, they will not let anybody hear word again.

Can you see your level of understanding. When you trail discussions with emotions you spill trash. When I say he is poor simply means he can't handle his situation without wanting to prove he is rich. If he makes the wife appears crispy then the truth is he does that in his dealings as well which makes him poor.
E.g difference IBB and Dino Melaye. These two have money irrespective of their gap, stolen or made but the truth remains that IBB never flaunted up and down but Dino flaunts which makes him poor.

If a man wants his wife to be heavily dressed always, he is actually making efforts to prove to the world how well he is spending on his wife or to prove is worth through his wife and this makes him poor irrespective of his bank balance. You don't have to prove what you have because it is a smoke and people will notice i without undue efforts..

So please you fix your brain, literally
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by butterbread: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hmmm

If you know you enjoy making up and dressing up but the stress involved is your problem, engage a makeup artist and image consultant/stylist to help you out on his pocket.

High heels shouldn't be a problem you can strike a balance with vogue high block heeled balanced sandals that are comfortable to walk in

If your dislike for partying is simply because you were previously not used to it or have never done it before, you could try giving it a shot. You might actually like it if you get used to it.

Just ensure he is not the cheating type (which I'm afraid he might be with his lifestyle
preference :-/ )

If he is the cheating type, prepare for a marriage rife which infidelity where you cannot fit in with his lifestyle preferences and even if you do accomodate him, he will likely still cheat
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by themanderon: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
My dear lady, I see a storm brewing in the future if you settle with someone you are not compatible with. You have your own standards and he has his. seems he is trying to fit you into his own standard and this will inevitably lead to clashes that will leave you with an unhappy Union. Count what you stand to lose or gain as a result of marriage to him and act according to how your head not your heart decides. As for me If he don't like you the way you are then he should fly irrespective of his riches, as it has been proved that money is not everything in a marriage.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by lilyheaven: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
SirMichael1:

It has nothing to do with temperaments. How many child dedications are they going to do in their marriage span. At most 5. If the lady births once in two years, it's okay to host a party. No big deal with that but going clubbing and partying every other Friday is a no no. I might be an introvert but I speak for all responsible fathers out there.

From her writeup, he seem to be a party freak and that can be disastrous to their home if unchecked.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by SirMichael1: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
lilyheaven:

You will be wondering why am supporting this guy to club, but this is the time to enjoy whatever they want, because as soon as babies start coming, that may be the end.
I remember my husband used to drag me around then, as soon as I became pregnant, grin grin that was the end.
All his goals now is to make more money.
I believe there is time for every thing.

Let's make something clear here.

She's an introvert who will rather stay indoor than go clubbing and partying every other Friday. I have an uncle who lives in Edo state, he got married two years ago. Before his marriage, he loves partying and clubbing with friends and the next day after he got married; he went to party with his friends. Bear in mind that his wife is introverted and would rather stay home than tag along. At night (from 6-8:30pm) she's mostly alone while he parties.

This imply that not all men sees marriage as what your husband sees it as. Moreover, depending on your location, he could become more of a freak than a husband. In the south, men are accustomed to taking alcoholic drinks as there's no regulations but over here in the north, the rate of alcoholic intake is to the minimal same as clubs and parties.

All I'm saying is, if she isn't comfortable with his lifestyle and his excessive control, then she shouldn't think she can change him or he'll change after marriage. Remember he's from a wealthy home and must have been exposed to excess cash. So when he settles down, he might not be like your husband who needed to make more money. He has the money and will just continue chasing his unchecked lifestyle.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Jimmywale44(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
shayubobo:
very simple,you people can balance it.sit him down and make him realise u dont like flamboyant lifestyle. If he is truly a man and not a guy,he wouldn't leave u cos of that cos i blive he doesn't love u because of make up....according to ur story,he proposes to u when u were not on make upso i bliv he should love u even without it. Just sit him down and let him know ur own view of things. It might even change his life.....all d money he is spending lavishly can be diverted to better physical projects
Your brain is 100%correct!
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by princenat(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Acidosis:
You're certainly going to regret this union.

Better don't allow the poor-man-mentality comments on this thread confuse you. Being a reserved and conservative person has nothing to do with wealth.

His actions are a result of his personality (not his money). Take away that wealth today, he'll still borrow to impress people, na so extroverted money miss road people dey do.

Don't force it, no one should force you to do what you wouldn't do on your own discretion. Love with your head and be calculative. Love should not make you go to the extreme. [B]Listen to the comments on this thread at your own peril[/B].

I shouldn't have a problem with this comment. Especially the bolded part, since yours is inclusive in "the comments of this thread" you advised to ignore.

When your opinion is sought after, do well to offer such without making others feel bad with your utterances. Nothing guarantees that your opinion/advise is the solution to the problem. Remember everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by CioAngels(f): 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
I sincerely understand your position, it is really not easy if you are not the outing type. Does he have a good job even though he is from a rich home, or do really know what he does? Are you out of school and hope you are working or have a sustainable vocation. If you like him enough to stay with him this months, and if his people accept your relationship with him, my child, do that which pleases him to make him happy if does same to you. Your reasons are no reason not to be happy with his marriage intentions. Please be sure you don't say all this to your friends so that they do not ridicule you before him and there after jazz him away from you. Happy blissful marriage life my dear.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by 2buffagain(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Bluffly:

Can you see your level of understanding. When you trail discussions with emotions you spill trash. When I say he is poor simply means he can't handle his situation without wanting to prove he is rich. If he makes the wife appears crispy then the truth is he does that in his dealings as well which makes him poor.
E.g difference IBB and Dino Melaye. These two have money irrespective of their gap, stolen or made but the truth remains that IBB never flaunted up and down but Dino flaunts which makes him poor.

If a man wants his wife to be heavily dressed always, he is actually making efforts to prove to the world how well he is spending on his wife or to prove is worth through his wife and this makes him poor irrespective of his bank balance. You don't have to prove what you have because it is a smoke and people will notice i without undue efforts..

So please you fix your brain, literally

Aight sorry. I read that differently i.e the man you should be meeting is poor.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ImaIma1(f): 2:14am On Jul 15, 2018
SirMichael1:

On the contrary, she has.

Let me help you;

Now when you carefully go over the emboldened, what catches your attention??

It's that 'always' that's a red flag. He always this... He always that... If you love your woman as a man, you'll only go out of your way if your 'out of the way' isn't controlling or suffocating your partner.

I am saying that she hasn't mentioned those times where she also demanded things from him and times where he went out of his way for her too
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
U nailled it!

donstan18:

What nonsense!

Don't loose that man.

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Jagaban880: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Monday200:
Hello Nairalanders. Plz pardon my errors. Moderators please help with advice from pple

I'm a 27 while my boyfriend is 34,we've only dated for 7 months and he proposed to me last week. But the problem is that we are 2 different people,what he want is different from what I want.

He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

My problem is do you think I can adapt to his lifestyle when we get married as I like being simple. Am scared.

make i no talk plenty

u guys r not compatible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Allegedly Dies From Thunderbolt (magun) / What Do Girls Gain In A Relationship Without Allowance Or Money From Their Bfs / Men Should Marry More Military Women Than Evil Slay Mamas -major Luciana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.