Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. (52970 Views)

Am I The Only One Finding It Difficult To Have A Relationship / I'm Finding It Hard Getting Intimate With My Fiancee / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by adanny01(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:
Hello Nairalanders. Plz pardon my errors. Moderators please help with advice from pple

I'm a 27 while my boyfriend is 34,we've only dated for 7 months and he proposed to me last week. But the problem is that we are 2 different people,what he want is different from what I want.

He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

My problem is do you think I can adapt to his lifestyle when we get married as I like being simple. Am scared.

Let me tell you what he wants.

Best of both worlds.

He wants a modest, hardworking, committed, submissive etc kinda girl from a middle class background but should have the beautiful qualities of a high class girl who usually doesnt even know how to make the bed, cook or do simple chores.

He wants to show you off to his class of friends but is afraid of not been embarrassed for loving a girl below his class who cannot dress well or make up.

Sit him down and lecture him why he needs to 1st of all accept you the way you are. He also needs to know you will try your best to be the person he likes but if it doesnt work he needs to know it may never work. Its never easy for the rich class to act middle class or vise versa.

He wants something in you, let him count his blessings and name them one by one.

I married your kind of woman. She wants the simple modest things. My wife doesnt buy her own cloths not to talk of the children. We both have sisters, she relies on the sisters to dress appropriately. My sisters, her sisters, and myself buy cloths for the children but never my wife. In fact if we go shopping with her, it ends up a bad day since she complains either too expensive, too ugly etc.

Some things are meant to be. You either find a way to tolerate it or walk away.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by fkj950ax(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

I'm a 27 while my boyfriend is 34,we've only dated for 7 months and he proposed to me last week. But the problem is that we are 2 different people,what he want is different from what I want.

He want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

Kindly say NO to his marriage proposal.
Tactfully end the relationship, but make sure you are friends.

This is not going to work. You have different ideals (not lifestyles); and it will grow worse when married.

He should love you for you, and not try to recreate you with wealth.
What happens if he gets broke?

And will you be around to cope if he leaves you to be a simple person and he continues his uber-rich lifestyle...
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by fattycoolface(m): 7:51am On Jul 14, 2018
First class mumu.I bet u,if you go to mumu competition, you will definitely come first.
You will not appreciate wot you have at hand until you lost it
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by franchasng: 7:57am On Jul 14, 2018
AntiWailer:
This isn’t why the rich marry the rich.

This kind of inferiority drama does not exist.
But most times, rich ladies are so arrogant, prideful and act anyhow. They overdo things, which is why guys most times prefer the not-so-rich ladies they can be happy with. But in this case, the guy isn't asking for too much from her...just a little change.

She can explain to him about not partying every time, that one is not good...the guy needs to tone it down....but the dressing part, she really needs to work on it o cos me I love ladies that dress well....let me attach some ladies with lovely dress sense which most guys would love their woman to adapt smiley

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Wfkffy6_OCE/VO2cxCltDhI/AAAAAAAACT0/mzrUGgx_xhE/s1600/IMG_9932.jpg[/img]
[img]https://blog./wp-content/uploads/2017/05/blouse2.jpg[/img]

Which guy doesn't like his girl looking this good, huh kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Sadiyaene(f): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Abeg gal, elp me connect me with am o my school fees needs a little more hand to hold, little elp from a sister is not too much to ask kiss kiss tnx for ur consideration.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by may320: 8:01am On Jul 14, 2018
ikorodureporta:
**FRAUD ALERT!
THEY JST WITHDREW N1000 & N50 From my bank for card renewal. Is it not suppozd to be end of the month? I guess its for Ekiti election...
grin grin
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Afodot0022(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
marry him at your own peril. marriage is an eye opener. you will keep satisfying his materialistic taste even in marriage which will strain you physically and psychologically all through in order to satisfy him. If he truly loves you, he will accept you for who you are. The guy is in lust and not truly in love.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by akinszz: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2018
Tiimy:
Op leave him n come to me I won't interfere with ur lifestyle
ema gbó okugbé
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by may320: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2018
Deadlywoman:
Some people will make you feel guilty for not wanting what most girls dream of so don't listen to them. Do what makes you happy and be with like minded people. If these things and this lifestyle makes you unhappy then speak up! Speak your mind and don't be a follower. He sounds like a catch but if he's not your catch then let him go. To pretend, to change or adapt to something you're not comfortable with is just selling yourself out. You'll hate yourself in the end so follow your heart.
One good advice to follow.
@op, dont under-estimate those differences between the two of you, it can cause future problems if your man refused to reason along with you after you must have had indepth discussions about your person together.
For those mentioning poverty, being modest in dressing has got nothing to do with wealth or poverty at all.
I wouldn't say more than that. You have more than enough convictions already.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Born2Breed(f): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

Break up with him and watch the next lady grab him for life.

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by udoka55555: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2018
you should be the one to change him. from all indications, he need Jesus.
he is not acting like an ideal husband.....
if you start faking it, how long can you do it?
there is nothing wrong in going to parties, it just depend on the type of party.....since you guys are planning to get married, mature parties is advice.
communication is very important in any relationship... you should tell him how you feel always.

its too early to start enduring...
if he can't change a little then try to change a little.
if none want to change, then the marriage won't be balanced.
you guys have different dreams and different aspirations.... so it is likely the marriage is not going to work...
marriage is like an airplane and the two of you are the pilots and co pilots...... if the two of you can't work as a team, there is 90% possibility the plane will not land.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Funkybabee(f): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2018
I can understand you sister especially as a deep christian,I too hate such force I would have sit him down when it reach finding make-up artist for you though I reason with when you guys are going to his family because he wouldn't like them to look you as not standard enough (rich worldly act)

My advice for u is to sit him down And let him know that u appreciate those but you don't think it's neccessary....try to cun in any way nah You are woman,meant for wisdom!!!you try to talk to him and stop complaining and don't even dare that in his face because he might react wrong

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Honestly, I was shocked at how superficial and myopic people can be. I wonder the correlation between a person's personality and wealth. Zuckerberg, Gates, Dangote and co are multi billionaires yet they lead very simple lives because they are naturally reserved and private people.

Have you seen Zuckerberg's wife? I don't think I've ever seen her wearing gold jewellery, yet some shallow people here are calling the op 'poor'.

What we have here are people with two opposing temperaments and the onus lies on the op to decide what she wants from her relationship because I see her being miserable in the near future if she and her man do not find a compromise and she allows herself to try to be someone she is not

the flashy wealth is the noveau rich who are just seeing money for the first time in their lives and being shaaked by it.
there are people who have been in money for generations and thus do not feel any need to express or impress

also this
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by may320: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Acidosis:
You're certainly going to regret this union.

Better don't allow the poor-man-mentality comments on this thread confuse you. Being a reserved and conservative person has nothing to do with wealth.

His actions are a result of his personality (not his money). Take away that wealth today, he'll still borrow to impress people, na so extroverted money miss road people dey do.

Don't force it, no one should force you to do what you wouldn't do on your own discretion. Love with your head and be calculative. Love should not make you go to the extreme. Listen to the comments on this thread at your own peril.
A very good advice. @op, dont ignore it!!!
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by akinszz: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2018
ImaIma1:
As long as he can afford the things he wants you to wear, i see no problem.

If you don't like 3rd party interference, tell him to stop it.

He likes you to attend events with him. Would you prefer he leaves you at home? Many ladies are praying for a man that would take them everywhere with them.

You have not pointed out any fault in this guy. Your problem is that he is rich, flamboyant and wants to show you off.

What do you really want
she is talking about lifestyle... I think both should respect each other lifestyle... the guy is being superficial and the lady can't cope with that... many men are praying for a simple woman to marry grin
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by boyjo: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:
Hello Nairalanders. Plz pardon my errors. Moderators please help with advice from pple

He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

My problem is do you think I can adapt to his lifestyle when we get married as I like being simple. Am scared.

Babes, don't mind those bashing you o.
Your fiance will not change and you may grow to hate him in marriage.
My suggestion is a that you copy this your post verbatim and send it to him on whatsapp.
Don't edit it o, just copy and paste.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by akinszz: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2018
itsmeurLady:
Op for your own good, marry a man that you have to seek God to find him because from what u are saying, u are modest and he is not. He is an extrovert and you are the opposite. Lately, some Men are starting to go for ladies like you because they feel they want a homely girl and not slay queens, someone reserved but the bitter truth is most of them (men) are not ready to be reserved. I have seen men that buys extravagant things for their wives just because they want her to look like a slayer but end up going outside their matrimonial home to meet the real slayers just because their wives can't meet up with the kind of lifestyle. So my advice save yourself the trauma of praying against small girls with big god and define what u want in your man. Sit him down and talk to him about your personality and study him thereafter. Marriage no be child's play, if you are having doubts about him that means there is a probability that he is not the one for you. Forget that he is from a rich home, in fact ignore all the flashy things and ask yourself wat u want. Money is not everything! Think, pray, fast if you have to, get clear directions from God before you enter marriage with that young Man.
see senses full your brain... you too get sense. ur advice one of the best top 5

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by newjosboy: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

She no want designer,
She no want Ferrari,
She say na my love oh....
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by teepain: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2018
janejive:

Ode, continue to complain and watch small girls with big God steal him from under your nose.

Calling her 'Ode' was simply not necessary. Op simplicity does not equate to poverty mentality.

Your simplicity which some people are attempting to deride is what actually attracted the guy to you in the first instance. At least he saw several other 'social' and classy babes which he ignored.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Sexyolori(f): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2018
you really need to be sure that you can adapt to his lifestyle before you marry him. if not then take a walk so you don't end up in a marriage where inspire of all the wealth you are unhappy.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Drabrah(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

Hmmmmmm. One man's food is another man's poison. See qualities wey me I dey find.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by bedspread: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2018
eezeribe:

That's why I always encourage my fellow men from rich families to stop dating or marrying girls from poorer homes because the reverse is rarely the case...
Op, I will advise you to break up with him and look for a young man within your social and financial class...
You are a very modest person, and as such, you need to cut your coat according to your size and material.
So u Think Riches is when u display crayon and paintings like a masquerade That's low self esteem...
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by bedspread: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

My Sister Natural is Beautiful , Classy and lovely....
Being Classy doesn't mean coloring and Painting your Face and looking like a Mask....

Keep being clean and Dress Moderately and sweet... if he is your Hubby, He will love u..

Naturality is Soooi Beautiful as long as you are Neat
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 14, 2018
U dnt understand this lady at all,shes someone like me,i love living a simple life,no flashing,no outing,frm my wrk to home everyday,its really not all about money,really...there is nothing wrong with her
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by porchbaby(f): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

NNE biko gv me his number

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by AnuliKay: 10:03am On Jul 14, 2018
I fully support this.
donstan18:

What nonsense!

Don't loose that man.

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by TIDDOLL(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:

What nonsense!

Don't loose that man.

[/b]You got it all wrong man, terribly wrong![b]
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by omololaAoe: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by iLegendd(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

Hello, Monday200. I'll give you the best answer.

Here is the problem: If you don't marry him, you'll regret. If you marry him, you'll regret. You are in trouble. "How?" you ask.

If you marry him, he'll end up controlling you. You'll live like a slave for the love of money. Despite how poor humans are, we love freedom and hate to be controlled. Rich people think because they have money, they are meant to control everything to their tastes.

On the other hand, if you dump him and marry the opposite of him, you'll feel your new man doesn't care about you. You'll begin to regret dumping a man who cares.

The question is: Do you want to lose your freedom and be rich or do you want to have your freedom and struggle naturally until God blesses you?

Since you're 27, I know you'll marry him because of family pressure. If you don't marry him, there are people who will mock you for being stu.pid in losing an opportunity.

No, you're not stu.pid, but wise. These people will call you stu.pid because they're poor and they see a rich man's son as a Savior despite the circumstances. Everybody wants to run away from poverty via shortcut. These people will always regret after 10 years.

So, you are in trouble and the best remedy is your instinct — follow it.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by booblacain(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:

What nonsense!

Don't loose that man.

so her own views, likes and feelings is not important here. everything is about what the man wants because he has money to spend.

what narrow minded people always fail to acknowledge is that people are indeed different, no matter how they may seem the same. not everyone wants the flamboyant life style, not everyone find comfort in it.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Epiclove(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2018
2buffagain:
Ignore what all these kids are saying.
Any relationship that requires a change in lifestyle from you that YOU DON'T WANT is not a relationship you should be in, no matter "how lucky you should feel to be in it".

People CAN change in a relationship, but it has to be a change that is in alignment with where you want to be. E.g you are not fit but dating a person into fitness, you probably have an interest in being healthy so would easily follow them to change your lifestyle. But in this case, you have no interest in slaying.
Maybe you should be with a more simple guy?

Since "body arts" isn't your thing, you might find it too hard and not worth it trying to compete with all the slay queens who all these things come easy to and who are no doubt eyeing your rich extroverted boyfriend right now. If he likes to go to parties a lot, all it takes after a few drinks is for that girl who meets his visual spec to be giving him dutty wine and he will last like a couple of weeks. Prepare to be cheated on to stupor if you already "don't know if you can cope" and yet choose to continue.

Awon Nkechi tin wo bobo e grin

If it was any other thing, I would talk about compromise and yada yada, but when it comes to a man's visual taste, that is something we can't even play with EVEN IF WE TRIED. I'm sure you've heard it said several times that men are visual.

Sure He sees something in you that he isn't seeing in these physical girls (loyalty, homeliness, etc), but the fact he is always trying to change your look shows that he too is making a mistake. Sooner or later, one person will have to grow up.

You have said it all
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Lilymatty(f): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2018
Sister dont wori, small girls wit big God wil help u adapt to his lifestyle ���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Allegedly Dies From Thunderbolt (magun) / What Do Girls Gain In A Relationship Without Allowance Or Money From Their Bfs / Men Should Marry More Military Women Than Evil Slay Mamas -major Luciana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.