Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. (52973 Views)

Am I The Only One Finding It Difficult To Have A Relationship / I'm Finding It Hard Getting Intimate With My Fiancee / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by generationz(f): 2:20am On Jul 14, 2018
prettysassygirl:
I also dated someone like that,who couldn't sit at a place and loved to party,he wanted me to wear extremely skimpy things,to cut my jeans etc,and I am a not so reserved but I wasn't brought up with such a lifestyle. We almost got married too but we broke up four months to the supposed wedding. I am happy today I didn't marry him,he would have probably taken me away from my faith which is of utmost importance to me. But I Also believe there are certain things one ought to change after getting married, as a lady or as a guy cos u are going to be living with someone from an utterly different background and ideology. So I advise that u weigh your options ,no one can decide this better than u,analyse the situation and think with your head not your heart. Pray about it also then pls and pls make the right decision, marriage ain't childplay.
the dead guy right?

have you found love since then, you seem like such a sweet person.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by itsmeurLady(f): 2:25am On Jul 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

So u expected him to allow u to look like Mgbeke ogboju girl and be following him upandan??

grin grin grin una bad mouth for this forum sha... Person fit commit suicide if dem follow una mouth *rotfl

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by enemyofprogress: 2:33am On Jul 14, 2018
Poverty is truly a decease

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by davidif: 2:57am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:
Hello Nairalanders. Plz pardon my errors. Moderators please help with advice from pple

I'm a 27 while my boyfriend is 34,we've only dated for 7 months and he proposed to me last week. But the problem is that we are 2 different people,what he want is different from what I want.

He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

My problem is do you think I can adapt to his lifestyle when we get married as I like being simple. Am scared.

It seems as if he is the shallow type and is just looking for a trophy wife: someone he can show off to his friends for his ego kind of like how you show off a new car. I will encourage you to pray about it because it looks like both of you are not compatible at all. Both of You are like oil and water.
From what you wrote its like your personalities don't even seem match in the first place. Its up to you to figure out if this (personality differences) is very important to you before you proceed further in the relationship and you guys hurt each other. Don't mind this Nigerians who think it's all bout money. You gotta think about your longtime happiness cos marriage is a lifetime contract.

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by lielbree: 3:23am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:
Hello Nairalanders. Plz pardon my errors. Moderators please help with advice from pple

I'm a 27 while my boyfriend is 34,we've only dated for 7 months and he proposed to me last week. But the problem is that we are 2 different people,what he want is different from what I want.

He is from a rich family that likes flashing things, he always tell me to use make up when I say make up it not just foundation and lipstick every time am going out which I don't like at all I prefer using powder and lipstick and I use to tell him that I don't know how to do make ups yet he said he will get me a make ups artist. I don't know how am going to cope with that. Anytime we are going to see his family member or friends, he will always want me to over dress like it's a wedding day.

He likes going party a lot and anytime he ask me I will make up some excuse not to go and I don't know how long I will continue giving him excuse cos am an indoor person i don't like going out at all I only go out whenever am an having important things, there was a time he discovered and accused me of been ashamed of him that why I hate going out with him and its not like that.
He likes people prying into our privacy anytime we had a misunderstanding he will ask one of his friends to beg me on his behalf and I hate this.

He always want me to wear clothes that fit his standard like wearing heavy jewelries expensive one ,high heels,(he use to buy them for me cos his a rich dude ) he want a luxurious life while I only want a simple life. He can do anything to mk me look good and classy, he is always ready to spend for that.

My problem is do you think I can adapt to his lifestyle when we get married as I like being simple. Am scared.
You won't be happy in that marriage. Money is not the problem. Even if he didn't have money he would still be flamboyant.

The CEO of Facebook, Bill gate, warran buffet, the CEO of IKEA and Alibaba, these are some if the richest men in the world. They all lead simple lives... if you are a simple homely girl, don't marry a parting man. You'll regret it.
Marry someone with whom you have common interests.

4 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by lielbree: 3:29am On Jul 14, 2018
davidif:

It seems as if he is the shallow type and is just looking for a trophy wife: someone he can show off to his friends for his ego. I will encourage you to pray about it because it looks like both of you are not compatible at all. You guys are like oil and water. From what you wrote its like your personalities don't even seem match in the first place. Its up to you to figure out if that's very important to you before you proceed further in the relationship and you guys hurt each other. Don't mind this Nigerians who think it's all bout money. You gotta think about your longtime happiness cos marriage is a lifetime contract.
It's so refreshing to read your post. From the comments 9n the front page I almost gave up on the hope of still having reasonable Nigerian youths.

Ignorance is truly a disease. It's no wonder poverty is embedded in our minds...

Money is nothing. Anyone can be rich. When it comes to marriage common interest is key. This young lady will be so miserable if she ends up with this guy.

3 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by lielbree: 3:37am On Jul 14, 2018
Andracarles:
Sister, this is someone you are clearly incompatible with. What is keeping you there? The money? Its got to be that. Why else would you stay with someone that is so not compatible with you. Na you sabi shaa. You already know what to do. You also know what is drawing your throat. Meezie nke ka gi mma.
O pls shut up! Stop this nonsense about women and money. The un conducted a survey and statistics show that 70%of working and business women contribute more of their earning to their families than men!

This lady has even said she dose not appreciate her man's flamboyant lifestyle and u are still asking if it's money keeping her in the relationship! Does it mean that guys have nothing else to offer than money??

4 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by BestDude: 3:43am On Jul 14, 2018
Acidosis:
You're certainly going to regret this union.

Better don't allow the poor-man-mentality comments on this thread confuse you. Being a reserved and conservative person has nothing to do with wealth.

His actions are a result of his personality (not his money). Take away that wealth today, he'll still borrow to impress people, na so extroverted money miss road people dey do.

Don't force it, no one should force you to do what you wouldn't do on your own discretion. Love with your head and be calculative. Love should not make you go to the extreme. Listen to the comments on this thread at your own peril.

Best advice ever
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by AreaFada2: 3:58am On Jul 14, 2018
2buffagain:
Ignore what all these kids are saying.
Any relationship that requires a change in lifestyle from you that YOU DON'T WANT is not a relationship you should be in, no matter "how lucky you should feel to be in it".

People CAN change in a relationship, but it has to be a change that is in alignment with where you want to be. E.g you are not fit but dating a person into fitness, you probably have an interest in being healthy so would easily follow them to change your lifestyle. But in this case, you have no interest in slaying.
Maybe you should be with a more simple guy?

Since "body arts" isn't your thing, you might find it too hard and not worth it trying to compete with all the slay queens who all these things come easy to and who are no doubt eyeing your rich extroverted boyfriend right now. If he likes to go to parties a lot, all it takes after a few drinks is for that girl who meets his visual spec to be giving him dutty wine and he will last like a couple of weeks. Prepare to be cheated on to stupor if you already "don't know if you can cope" and yet choose to continue.

Awon Nkechi tin wo bobo e grin

If it was any other thing, I would talk about compromise and yada yada, but when it comes to a man's visual taste, that is something we can't even play with EVEN IF WE TRIED. I'm sure you've heard it said several times that men are visual.

Sure He sees something in you that he isn't seeing in these physical girls (loyalty, homeliness, etc), but the fact he is always trying to change your look shows that he too is making a mistake. Sooner or later, one person will have to grow up.

A very mature comment.

Many comments I have read here show how shallow and materialistic many people have become.

What the guy needs is a trophy wife. To parade about and get accolade and approval from friends and family. There are many ready to be one.

While dressing up nicely is a good thing but doing it OTT each time can be a drag. You can dress simple, be comfortable and look good.

He finds some good attributes in OP but not fully to his taste.

The guy has money but needs to learn more about human nature. He also needs to be himself and try too hard to use his bride to impress others.

@OP you can sit him down and tell him firmly that you appreciate his generosity and care. But you're a simple person. That you are proud of his economic success but you'd love him even if he had far less money. That you'd prefer to dress simple and comfortable. But would dress appropriately to big events.
Then of course try to dress nice & simple. You can both reach a compromise. If you continue to tag along just to please him, you might become tired and resentful. Especially when you will have kids and household to manage too.

2 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by David160(m): 4:09am On Jul 14, 2018
Dump him na and marry a farmer.... I would have already dumped you if I were him.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by laura8: 4:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Acidosis:
You're certainly going to regret this union.

Better don't allow the poor-man-mentality comments on this thread confuse you. Being a reserved and conservative person has nothing to do with wealth.

His actions are a result of his personality (not his money). Take away that wealth today, he'll still borrow to impress people, na so extroverted money miss road people dey do.

Don't force it, no one should force you to do what you wouldn't do on your own discretion. Love with your head and be calculative. Love should not make you go to the extreme. Listen to the comments on this thread at your own peril.
God bless you for this comment...
I hope the original poster see's your comment..
Some people here are dishing out wicked and destructive advice..its just sad
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ehinmowo: 4:27am On Jul 14, 2018
2buffagain:
Any relationship that requires a change in lifestyle from you that YOU DON'T WANT is not a relationship you should be in, no matter "how lucky you should feel to be in it".

People CAN change in a relationship, but it has to be a change that is in alignment with where you want to be. E.g you are not fit but dating a person into fitness, you probably have an interest in being healthy so would easily follow them to change your lifestyle. But in this case, you have no interest in slaying.

Since "body arts" isn't your thing, you might find it too hard and not worth it trying to compete with all the slay queens who all these things come easy to and who are no doubt eyeing your rich extroverted boyfriend right now. If he likes to go to parties a lot, all it takes after a few drinks is for that girl who meets his visual spec to be giving him dutty wine and he will last like a couple of weeks. Prepare to be cheated on to stupor if you already "don't know if you can cope" and yet choose to continue.

If it was any other thing, I would talk about compromise and yada yada, but when it comes to a man's visual taste, that is something we can't even play with EVEN IF WE TRIED. I'm sure you've heard it said several times that men are visual.

Sure He sees something in you that he isn't seeing in these physical girls (loyalty, homeliness, etc), but the fact he is always trying to change your look shows that he too is making a mistake. Sooner or later, one person will have to grow up.

Na wa for you ooo! Can you see the kind of advice you are giving a 27 years old lady, who obviously needs improvement in her dressing life. And you are calling pple kids. I think this is d result of reading too much PERFECT-WORLD books. THE World is not perfect, deal with it.

It is easier to dish out some perfect-world ideas because you are a guy. When you see women in their 30s praying for come-as-you-are-guys, you will think twice. They are ready to foot the bills, pay for d welding, improve the guy's status, yet none is forthcoming.

There is nothing shameful or dehumanizing in making few adjustments here and there. Besides, you were born plain. Your present state now is as a result of adjustments. Love is first a sacrifice b4 anything else. If someone is finding it repulsive to shift ground because s/he has RIGHTS (and whatever name you pple call it), especially on libral things, it raises the question if there was love at all.

Baba this girl no get money, you still wnt menopause to visit her because of pompous ideas that are spread around by perfect-world books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by GOFRONT(m): 4:34am On Jul 14, 2018
Yea I understand your point, The lady is a Decent one going by the way she narrated the story......She doesnt like to dress like a Karishika, she is not a party freak....

But as for your last paragraph bro, na table you wan shake so oo, awon slayqueens with big gods are reading ur comment oh, my hand nor dey oo

grin

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by NittyR(f): 4:37am On Jul 14, 2018
generationz:

the dead guy right?

have you found love since then, you seem like such a sweet person.
grin grin grin
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by bisi16(m): 4:43am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

1st comment here said u shld count yourself lucky. Wrong advice.

Never change for anybody. If he’s not comfortable with the way u look, then he shld find someone else. Unless u re willing to put up with his demands. NEVER CHANGE FOR ANYBODY!

4 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ideology(m): 4:43am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

Break up with him and watch the next lady grab him for life.

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.
you are very wrong. All your points are error.

Money and riches is not everything, even with the money can you see that op is not happy in the relationship

If am man values and respect you, he won't try to change anything about you.

Can you see his demands from op are canal and irrelevant.

It is poverty mentality and lack of self esteem that will make you change who you are for money.

The relationship is too young and they have too many things to sort out

Monday200 suspend the wedding, you guys have a lot to sort out, don't marry him because of money.

You will crash out in a very short time

5 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ideology(m): 4:46am On Jul 14, 2018
Badb0y4lyf:
Your man is a social and out going person probably seen all the girls there is out there he saw something in you particularly your decency and morals and his trying to stay committed with you that's why he want you to classy and sexy to what he likes. It's normal compromise once in a while it nice

It is normal to compromise, just listen to yourself, this marriage will not last.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Princedapace(m): 4:50am On Jul 14, 2018
2buffagain:

This is the only reasonable comment here so far. I was ashamed of the first comment. This society is finished. People really think money is everything a person need in life.

The first comment was a shame to humanity. Poverty has really made life stupid for many people in Nigeria.

Like I always tell people, it is 5 years after wedding your eyes go clear. Then, u will understand that if u married because of money, by the time u must have gotten plenty of those things u lacked, u may begin to have a decline in interests for your partner.

And for those who think simple lifestyle is meant for the poor, sorry, there are many wealthy people who don't like fancy and show off lifestyle.

Many people are like that. I perfectly understand the lady..and I'm scared, that marriage if it takes place, may become a serious warfare later on.

I am quite young but I have marriages crashed because of issues like this.

The people who are insulting her are either poor or blinded by the love for money in this society.

It is sad we have decline to this state in Nigeria.. Hope those insulting her can see many marriages that crashed even though money full ground..

Marriage is not all about money, money is important to compliment it but not the major issue.

Dear OP, if u aren't comfortable with his lifestyle, talk to him about ur type of life. If u two can't reach a compromise, please break up with him.

That u break up with him doesn't mean u are stupid, be wise, your happiness matters a lot in marriage.

Also, be mindful of he pretends to change. Because he may still return to his usual self after wedding.

Don't allow friends who think money is everything in life to deceive u.

Marriage can only work when the two involved fit along. Else u will get tired of him easily and may fancy another guy sooner while in the marriage. I know what I'm saying o.

4 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ideology(m): 5:02am On Jul 14, 2018
Monday200:

Now I see why marriages don't last.

Most of the comments here are encouraging you to adapt, some even use the phrase a little compromise" "adapt and enjoy while it last"

Riches is not everything, your happiness is key in life.

If a man loves and respect you, he will never try to change you instead he will study and adjust his ways to suit you.

People like your guy see you as a toy or tool. What you are facing now is little compared to what is ahead especially after marriage.

He will ask for more in future...

My joy is that you are being truthful to yourself.

Get him to listen to you, talk to him and be open about who you are and what you stand for.

If he does not like you the way you are and your principles, end the relationship.

Else you won't survive what is coming ahead of you.

Understand that marriage has a purpose, both of you should be aligned to this purpose in God.

Don't marry, for marrying sake, bae you will crash out.

3 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ideology(m): 5:05am On Jul 14, 2018
Princedapace:

This is the only reasonable comment here so far. I was ashamed of the first comment. This society is finished. People really think money is everything a person need in life.

The first comment was a shame to humanity. Poverty has really made life stupid for many people in Nigeria.

Like I always tell people, it is 5 years after wedding your eyes go clear. Then, u will understand that if u married because of money, by the time u must have gotten plenty of those things u lacked, u may begin to have a decline in interests for your partner.

And for those who think simple lifestyle is meant for the poor, sorry, there are many wealthy people who don't like fancy and show off lifestyle.

Many people are like that. I perfectly understand the lady..and I'm scared, that marriage if it takes place, may become a serious warfare later on.

I am quite young but I have marriages crashed because of issues like this.

The people who are insulting her are either poor or blinded by the love for money in this society.

It is sad we have decline to this state in Nigeria.. Hope those insulting her can see many marriages that crashed even though money full ground..

Marriage is not all about money, money is important to compliment it but not the major issue.

Dear OP, if u aren't comfortable with his lifestyle, talk to him about ur type of life. If u two can't reach a compromise, please break up with him.

That u break up with him doesn't mean u are stupid, be wise, your happiness matters a lot in marriage.

Also, be mindful of he pretends to change. Because he may still return to his usual self after wedding.

Don't allow friends who think money is everything in life to deceive u.

Marriage can only work when the two involved fit along. Else u will get tired of him easily and may fancy another guy sooner while in the marriage. I know what I'm saying o.
The first comment reveals a lot about relationships and y it fails.

Am amaze to read, these comments from young people, who should be smarter and wiser.

May God help us

2 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by emelda86(f): 5:08am On Jul 14, 2018
izaray:
Babyforever kind of dream man cheesy

But we ladies can complain sha

Mumu complain ooo...
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by ideology(m): 5:13am On Jul 14, 2018
emelda86:

Mumu complain ooo...

Kontinu, you think life is all about make up, partying and living a fake life. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by emelda86(f): 5:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food

My dear poster with all this findings about your suppose hubby to be, if u are not that type plz return his ring back to avoid divorce in the nearest future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by emelda86(f): 5:18am On Jul 14, 2018
ideology:

Kontinu, you think life is all about make up, partying and living a fake life. undecided

Don't get me wrong bro calm your balls down...
I meant she should leave instead of complaining now that they ain't married.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by jacoik(m): 5:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Can you give me his contact pls 3 of my kids sisters are still unmarried. I guess this is the right man for them

1 Like

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 14, 2018
ehinmowo:

Na wa for you ooo! Can you see the kind of advice you are giving a 27 years old lady, who obviously needs improvement in her dressing life. And you are calling pple kids. I think this is d result of reading too much PERFECT-WORLD books. THE World is not perfect, deal with it.

It is easier to dish out some perfect-world ideas because you are a guy. When you see women in their 30s praying for come-as-you-are-guys, you will think twice. They are ready to foot the bills, pay for d welding, improve the guy's status, yet none is forthcoming.

There is nothing shameful or dehumanizing in making few adjustments here and there. Besides, you were born plain. Your present state now is as a result of adjustments. Love is first a sacrifice b4 anything else. If someone is finding it repulsive to shift ground because s/he has RIGHTS (and whatever name you pple call it), especially on libral things, it raises the question if there was love at all.

Baba this girl no get money, you still wnt menopause to visit her because of pompous ideas that are spread around by perfect-world books.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by vineyardfarms: 5:49am On Jul 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IF IT'S NOT WORKING NOW, DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT'LL WORK TOMORROW.
IT NEVER GETS BETTER, ONLY WORSE.
DOES THE MAN HAS MEANINGFUL JOB? DOES HE HAS HAND WORK AND EDUCATED? THOUGH HIS FAMILY MAY BE RICH NOW TO AFFORD HIM TO SPEND LAVISHLY ON YOU. REMEMBER WEEDING IS JUST FOR A DAY BUT MARRIAGE IS FOR A LIFE TIME. CHECK THE SOURCE OF HIS SPENDING SPREY, EASY TO SPEND WHAT YOU DON'T WORK AND SWEAT FOR. PACK IT UP NOW BEFORE YOU GO THE EXTREM AND GET BURNT. I SUPPORT THE ADVICE OF THE POSTER ABOVE ME. MONEY HAS NO FAT.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by AlwaysUltraPad: 5:53am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:
It's either your villagers are tampering with your life or you are a deeper life girl.

What nonsense!

You're lucky and should be grateful he's an expressive type of man who's always ready to back up whatever he wants from you with money. How happy will you be to watch him cheat and flirt with other ladies who are ready to live the life he wants from you.

He's from a very wealthy family and it's normal for him to see his woman look good and classy. Yes! It might seem like he's trying so hard to change you but that's not the only angle you should see it, look beyond, see it that he values and care for you so much that he wants you to turn to what he wants in his woman, rather than seeking it from other ladies.

I don't mean to call you poor, but I think you are suffering from what poor people suffer when they are mingling with wealthy folks. Inferiority complex and inability to be comfortable with classy lifestyle due to their background.

Don't loose that man.

He values and respect you, which is why he wants to change you to the kind of woman he wants, than attempting to get it outside. Do well to change a bit for him, don't change totally, just a bit.
You truncate your own line of thought. What she's complaining has nothing to do with poverty or inferiority complex, it's purely conflict of personality traits.

She said she's an indoor person, he forces her to go out. She said he likes going out for party, she doesn't. She said he likes makeup, but she doesn't. He likes it flashy, but she likes it simple.

It's not everyone that is from a rich home that wants it loud and flashy. We've seen Dangote's daughters in public and how simple they look.

Paddy adenuga said he can't marry any girl that wear excessive make up and fake hair. Does that make him a poor guy?

4 Likes

Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by faridpac2: 5:54am On Jul 14, 2018
donstan18:

What nonsense!

Don't loose that man.

you said it All shikenan!!! this is concrete Advice
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by chieni(f): 6:03am On Jul 14, 2018
communication is key.
Re: I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. by NoToPile: 6:15am On Jul 14, 2018
tamethem:

Why must ppl worship money so tey that at the mention of money their reasoning faculty starts malfunctioning

For Gods sake Money is not the only source of happiness, so if this lady can't cope let her leave the guy. Heaven won't fall and she might still end up marrying a guy as rich or even richer.

Heaven won't fall

That's naija for you once we hear money like this our antenna will rise

I just don't seem to understand nairalanders. wait first is the money supposed to make them compatible?

Abi is it not marriage again?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Allegedly Dies From Thunderbolt (magun) / What Do Girls Gain In A Relationship Without Allowance Or Money From Their Bfs / Men Should Marry More Military Women Than Evil Slay Mamas -major Luciana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.