Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? (3579 Views)

This Is Why Ladies Keep Disturbing Me (photo) / Why Do Ladies Still Go Back To Guys Who Beat Them? / Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To An Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by MissRaine69(f): 5:11am On Jul 16, 2018
Rosebloom:
A good number of ladies stay in relationships where the guy beats them up.

They complain and whine about the beating but you see them back with same guy even before you could say fetch.

What is the rationale behind staying with an abusive partner?

When someone breaks your spirit to the point that you actually fail to see how you can ever move on
You stay.
When your self worth, self esteem is lower than the ground. You routinely justify the jekyll and hyde personas of the man.
He hits you but says he is sorry but then he hits you again and takes you on holiday. Yesterday when he hit you it was because he said you made him angry.
When pastors, parents, village elders whole families keep telling you not to disgrace the family, rationalise domestic violence by telling you that they too used to get beaten up but here they are. So why should you leave?
When society places that expectation on a women’s head to stay “ for the sake of the children”
When you have no where else to go.
Finally our Nigerian society encourages it.
I have heard more than once “ He beats you? Well at least he does not cheat on you!”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Rosebloom: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

When someone breaks your spirit to the point that you actually fail to see how you can ever move on
You stay.
When your self worth, self esteem is lower than the ground. You routinely justify the jekyll and hyde personas of the man.
He hits you but says he is sorry but then he hits you again and takes you on holiday. Yesterday when he hit you it was because he said you made him angry.
When pastors, parents, village elders whole families keep telling you not to disgrace the family, rationalise domestic violence by telling you that they too used to get beaten up but here they are. So why should you leave?
When society places that expectation on a women’s head to stay “ for the sake of the children”
Finally our Nigerian society encorages it.
I have heard more than once “ He beats you? Well at least he does not cheat on you!”

This here has given me something to think about all day.

I understand the Jekyll and Hyde part, I have this friend whose boyfriend blows hot and cold and when hot he says lots of ugly things, Now this is a guy that stays offshore. She will call me and complain, I will ask her if that's what she wants; a man that walks all over her emotion and blames it on having a bad work day.

I ask her if she would want to settle down with his kind, he's far and acts this way, then when you live in same house as he, he'll definitely beat you up after a bad day at work.

She goes on and tells me how she would take a break from the relationship but within two days, she calls and tells me he has apologized and how she really loves him. (oh! and how he sent her money)

This happens almost on a monthly basis, and I can't seem to rationalize it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by MissRaine69(f): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2018
Rosebloom:

This here has given me something to think about all day.

I understand the Jekyll and Hyde part, I have this friend whose boyfriend blows hot and cold and when hot he says lots of ugly things, Now this is a guy that stays offshore. She will call me and complain, I will ask her if that's what she wants; a man that walks all over her emotion and blames it on having a bad work day.

I ask her if she would want to settle down with his kind, he's far and acts this way, then when you live in same house as he, he'll definitely beat you up after a bad day at work.

She goes on and tells me how she would take a break from the relationship but within two days, she calls and tells me he has apologized and how she really loves him. (oh! and how he sent her money)

This happens almost on a monthly basis, and I can't seem to rationalize it.

Because he has got into her head. He knows her inadequacies, the things she is insecure about and uses those things to convince her that no one else will have her. There are men and women too who are masters at being manipulative emotionally and psychologically. These individuals are narcissistic personality wise. I know of a woman I worked with once whose husband beats the life out of her. Twice ( that I know off) she was admitted into a hospital Intensive Care Unit. When the police were looking for the husband he left the country and then tried to end his own life. In the most dramatic manner possible.

It then became about him! He manipulated the situation to gain sympathy. In addition to that his family members were now urging her to drop the charges, threatening her by saying if their son killed himself she would have blood on her hands. The very same men who beat her so badly she needed plastic surgery reconstruction on the right side of her face.

Needless to say she is still with him 9 years later. A woman who used to be so full of life now does not even make eye contact when you speak to her. Nor does she have any friends. Yet she defends him saying he has a high pressure job and is under a lot of stress.
Not sure what manner of stress he experiences that compels him to disfigure his wife .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Rosebloom: 6:34am On Jul 18, 2018
MissRaine69:

Because he has got into her head. He knows her inadequacies, the things she is insecure about and uses those things to convince her that no one else will have her. There are men and women too who are masters at being manipulative emotionally and psychologically. These individuals are narcissistic personality wise. I know of a woman I worked with once whose husband beats the life out of her. Twice ( that I know off) she was admitted into a hospital Intensive Care Unit. When the police were looking for the husband he left the country and then tried to end his own life. In the most dramatic manner possible.

It then became about him! He manipulated the situation to gain sympathy. In addition to that his family members were now urging her to drop the charges, threatening her by saying if their son killed himself she would have blood on her hands. The very same men who beat her so badly she needed plastic surgery reconstruction on the right side of her face.

Needless to say she is still with him 9 years later. A woman who used to be so full of life now does not even make eye contact when you speak to her. Nor does she have any friends. Yet she defends him saying he has a high pressure job and is under a lot of stress.
Not sure what manner of stress he experiences that compels him to disfigure his wife .

I really appreciate your input. In the case of my friend with the ever riled up boyfriend. I have decided to hold on to my opinions. Maybe since she is not listening now, she will when she gets married to him.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Rosebloom: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2018
MissRaine69:

You stay.
Finally our Nigerian society encourages it.
Good morning.

I created a topic about an issue this morning , and a lot of guys are coming on saying how their problem was me not owning up to being the one in the narrative, thereby shifting the focus of the discuss and it's really frustrating.

Could you check it out please.

The link

https://www.nairaland.com/4623823/should-she-leave-him#
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by bigpicture001: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2018
cuz the ladies can't live without monry,for them, money means everything..go check most of such guyz have money....ladies can do everything for money
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by MeeLan: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2018
cos most times, he beats sense into her head.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2018
I don't understand why all these lil boys on the thread think they have the answers. The thread asked for ladies! Busy body nl boys! angry
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by mablie(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
If u beat a lady for the right reasons she will never leave. They love to be corrected, they love a man who's in control. That's how they are wired.

U better believe that
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by MrCork: 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
Rosebloom:
A good number of ladies stay in relationships where the guy beats them up.

They complain and whine about the beating but you see them back with same guy even before you could say fetch.

What is the rationale behind staying with an abusive partner?

...son. ...it's called *Okagor's law*......ones your property. .all ways your property! ! ((True story )) smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Rosebloom: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
MrCork:

...son. ...it's called *Okagor's law*......ones your property. .all ways your property! ! ((True story )) smiley

What's that
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by Rosebloom: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
MrCork:

What's that
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Going Back To Guys That Beat Them? by victorian(f): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
If u beat a lady for the right reasons she will never leave. They love to be corrected, they love a man who's in control. That's how they are wired.

U better believe that

Uncle, not all ladies.

My man dares not raise his hands on me. He's Romantic, humble and calm. Exactly the way I love it. We both respect ourselves. His kindness and compassion keeps me rooted with him.
And I don't want to change him to anyone different.

So not all ladies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African ladies show off their curves and beauty as they celebrate Heritage / Help My Manhood Is Too Hyperactive / Do You Like Men With Beard Or No Beard? Ladies Only!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.