Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) (35916 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:
Edo haf becomes Niger Deltas bros?

What was it before?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by sylve11: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Nice....Is always good to trace roots and identify with ur brothers.....

Itsekiri, urhobo, Benin, yorubas and anioma are people with great ancestral ties......and they will make a good country.......If been together.....

The meeting should be historic.

No lies cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by sylve11: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

What was it before?

Leave him. Who nor sabi nor sabi cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by AdamuAudu: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
I like this Olu of Warri. He maintain peace with all other ethnic groups except the Ijaws. When I was wrking in Warri then, the late Olu, Godwin was a trouble maker. He was like Buhaei. Highly tribal. Am sure the reign of this new Olu of Warri will be peaceful. By the time the Ijaw and the Aladja Urhobo live together peaceful, am sure the Olu of Warri will also visit Other Kings, like the Peres of all the neighouring Ijaw communities. i wish him his usual peaceful reign.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by sparkyJ: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

Bros, check d Niger-Delta map b4 u disgrace urself tinking u are correcting someone.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by AreaFada2: 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
SenorFax:
Why the Celestia dressing??

Awon wooli agba

Well in Benin the chiefs' attire is modeled on the cassock of princes of the Catholic church: cardinal-Bishops. An Oba of Benin wanted to convert the Kingdom to a Catholic Kingdom. Centuries ago after his education in Portugal and became Catholic when he was still the crown prince. However, the nobles/chiefs resisted at the end. But the robes remained. Celestial church came about hundreds of years later. History is much deeper than we see superficially.

The first Olu of Warri was Prince Ginuwa of Benin. He was the son of Oba Olua of Benin, reigned 1475 to 1480. He obviously would have taken royal court practices to Ewere/Iwerre that is now called Warri and influence would have persisted for quite a long time in the past.

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Mikeross62: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
not bad

mike ross yuan/rmb exchange
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by wink2015(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
I can see that "CHIEF AYIRI" of a Man.

He just dey dance SHAKU! SHAKU! in his native regalia just like governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by tishbite41(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
y oba throne tall pass olu throne for olu domain again?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Angelb4: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
The biggest king in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by EdoPrince93(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2018

did you group them under arewa uncle?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by oruma19: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
tishbite41:
y oba throne tall pass olu throne for olu domain again?!
na oba be papa na...check ur history bro.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by EdoPrince93(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
sparkyJ:

Bros, check d Niger-Delta map b4 u disgrace urself tinking u are correcting someone.

The damage has been done..He is a cacafuego!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by srclark: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
why do we have pictures of ayiri all over the post
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by ariesbull: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Nice....Is always good to trace roots and identify with ur brothers.....

Itsekiri, urhobo, Benin, yorubas and anioma are people with great ancestral ties......and they will make a good country.......If been together.....

The meeting should be historic.

Remove anioma from your list....thank you and stop claiming folks ..they have made it clear

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Ayiri my Niccur grin

That useless cherubim guy.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
sparkyJ:

No vex bros I beg na where the.map come from?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Remove anioma from your list....thank you and stop claiming folks ..they have made it clear

lolzzzzzz.......
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Mystiquefia: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2018
sparkyJ:

We know u guys. u can keep hating. But till Jesus comes, none of u can change his title. It was so b4 ur fathers were born & so shall it remain. Long live the OLU of WARRI.

here is a simple question for you. what part of warri are WRPC, shell and chevron, Osubi airport and even shoprite located?? Is it in itsekiri land or urhobo land?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nigerian economy don suffer. Look at the number of chiefs and entourage who are just burden and liability on the economy. the same goes for the entourage of Governors, Ministers even commissioners. How can the country make progress like this

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
I thought some Mofos said this Benin King does not leave the palace.

His towing Ooni of Ife, His Majesty, path small small.

He's still a learner, tho

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by osazeeblue01: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
Oba is now on transfer market....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Akpacha(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
Shebi them say oba of Benin no de commot?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by monex(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mystiquefia:

here is a simple question for you. what part of warri are WRPC, shell and chevron, Osubi airport and even shoprite located?? Is it in itsekiri land or urhobo land?

because the old warri town didnt include those parts. Those places belong to the Urhobo people.

even Airport junction, Jakpa and Enerhen is Uvwie and not part of the old warri

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Primusinterpares:
I used to think that the oba does not leave his palace...

Pls someone should educate me more...

#respect to the throne

Its a stereotype,the Oba of Benin travels out of his domain when necessary.

Previous Oba's led warriors to battles outside his domain,the grand father and father of the present Oba travelled severally.

This is not new, its well documented and available on internet archives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Godsknight(m): 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Who are the real aborigines of warri? Is it uhrobo, itsekiri or isoko? It has been a long time I have been searching for answer to this question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
SenorFax:
Why the Celestia dressing??
Awon wooli agba
Edo Jazzmen
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by xjiggy: 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
I no understand my Oba again ooo. Not only im leave ancestral home, Na our supposed vassal chief im dey go visit. I'm still trying to understand this...... Culturally

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
osazeeblue01:
Oba is now on transfer market....

Ima yayi ovbiedo ehu wekhin.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by tishbite41(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
[quotuthor=oruma19 post=69526705]na oba be papa na...check ur history bro.[/quote] chai, its baffl
ing and mind boggling

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) by tishbite41(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
ariesbull:

thanks bros, I no knw wetin concern with Yoruba and dere Bini vassals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Celebrates His Daughter, Maryam On Her Birthday (Photos) / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.