Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back (953 Views)

Did You Finally Date That Girl That Was Forming Too Hard To Get? Did It Go Well? / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / “I Found Out My He Has Slept With 3 Of My Bridesmaids Few Days To Our Wedding” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by thingsfallapart: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2018
Dear Nairaland,

I have been dating this gal for like 3 years now, i really love her and my family also welcome her, care for her, even waited for her to through with her NYSC.

Last December, few of my family went to her family for pre-introduction (to get engagement list) and after then both of us sat together and fixed date been April this year.

Because of my nature of work as a construction engineer, i dont have much time to wait; i started sending money home to my mum to be buying things base on the list, started telling my friends who will be my best man, who will be my men in suit, how to arrange for Aso Ebi.....

Suddenly, by Feb. when we suppose to send out cards (IV) she started saying she not ready, that i should give her more time. hmmmm! more time? yes, but why? that is what i want. babe dont disgrace me now, if you want to go ahead go but am telling you am not ready.

i called her people on phone to help me talk to her but still she refuse.

That is how my wedding postponed till date since i cant force her. but is not easy for me since then uptill now just still trying to be myself

But she back now, crying day and night to forgive her that she ready now.

but the mean issue now is......... that real love is no more there again, am afraid to continue and i dont know how to tell my people that am not doing again by bringing someone else come home again.

the real love is no more there again, should i manage to continue with her like that maybe that love will come back.

if not, how to tell my people that am not doing agin
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by madridguy(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2018
From your narration I guess your GF is suffering from indecision. Also she may be seeing someone else and probably she loves the other guy more than you.
I think her decision to pause the wedding arrangement then was the fact that she think the other guy will come for her hand in marriage and now she has realized the guy is not ready yet and now she sees you as her only hope.

My submission is base on her decision as I don't see reason why she would do so.

If I'm in your shoe, I will never accept her back because I will never allow anyone to make me an option/plan B.

But still, follow your heart and I pray God lead you to the right path.

5 Likes

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by donstan18: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2018
She told you she's not ready for the marriage without a TANGIBLE or CONCRETE REASON and then came back to beg.

I think she was obviously cheating on you then with another guy she expected to propose to her, but unfortunately for her the guy disappointed her.

I will advise you not to go ahead because of two reasons.

>She took you for granted, made you plan B, if not plan C and didn't value you enough to toy with your emotions.

>You no longer cherish her, you are now using the words "MANAGE HER". It's not proper for someone to marry a partner for MANAGE sake, your happiness and peace won't be guaranteed because you might get fed up along the line.

Well, it's still your choice to make, just have it in mind that we are discussing about marriage here, marry a wrong partner, you are gone.

6 Likes

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2018
Edit the title it should be ready not reading

Having said that

This is your personal problem, the reason you choose to bring it here eludes me.totally. As you get older it is expected that you should be able to handle issues maturely on your own! Because they are your issues, now our issues !

If every member here choose to post heir problems here this forum would wuickly become an agony aunt forum , front page would be filled with nothing informative but people's problems

Be a man & Grow up

Handle your business privately, we all have problems !
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by KevMitnick: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2018
Apparently you were her plan A then she went for service and had a plan B. Someone she had met who she was hoping will pop the question to her, but it appears the guy did not go ahead with the matter and now she is falling back to plan A. Smart Gal

1 Like

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by delugajackson: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2018
She's emotionally confused and you don't need anyone to tell you she's been seeing someone else. Why remain in a relationship with someone that doesn't consider you as a top priority? I doubt if she even had any bit of love for you.

Truth is, you were decieving yourself that you're in a relationship meanwhile some other guy was with the remote! Her action proves this to be true. Nothing confuses a woman more like when her affections are divided. She finds it hard to chose from her options.

I suggest you tread carefully cause women are emotional manipulators. You may chose to accept her back, but you will definately not enjoy that marriage cause you married her out of pity. And the worst thing a man can ever do is to marry a woman out of pity. I guess we all know how marriages like these end.

4 Likes

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by Pubichairs(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2018
Manage? unless u wanna be an irresponsible husband after you wed her, dont love some one based on pity, u won't enjoy your marriage and might regret it, dump and get over her shit for good
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by madone: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2018
KevMitnick:
Apparently you were her plan A then she went for service and had a plan B. Someone she had met who she was hoping will pop the question to her, but it appears the guy did not go ahead with the matter and now she is falling back to plan A. Smart Gal
see into ur heart takr time out to look into things.if u finally decids to accept her back make sure she goes thru enough hurdles. Dont make it cheap come back if not she will be going again.the simole truth is u were not her first choice for marriage she haf someone else. Things didn't just click well thatbis why she is coming back to u. And i must warn u my guy that the mr x is not dead he is still alive. And her love for him is not dead its just dormant for now. It can be reawaken any thing. If she no give u the truth why she delay ur destiny to marry all this time..... Brother out she remains. If you are not in her A-list there are ladies out there that will put u in theirs.if i be you i tell her am not ready too. I dont even know why guys should be hurrying to get married.

2 Likes

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2018
madridguy:
From your narration I guess your GF is suffering from indecision. Also she may be seeing someone else and probably she loves the other guy more than you.
I think her decision to pause the wedding arrangement then was the fact that she think the other guy will come for her hand in marriage and now she has realized the guy is not ready yet and now she sees you as her only hope.

My submission is base on her decision as I don't see reason why she would do so.

If I'm in your shoe, I will never accept her back because I will never allow anyone to make me an option/plan B.

you say it all, it's left for the op to decide
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2018
Op that girl is silly ...you're in a very delicate situation sir, it's possible she had no ulterior motives like the option B some ppl suggested...sometimes ,some women just act without thinking decisively and also it's possible she had ulterior moves which backfired and she is trying to run back to your arm..

my advice for you is to make findings if there is anything like that, if there is.. dump her silly ass

if there is none ,she probably regretted her mistake by now,forgive her sir but make sure you make her understand how silly she really was and how much hurt you felt to avoid future similar occurrence ... the love you had for her will find its way back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by youngderek1(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2018
madridguy:

gbam! you just took d words right out of my mouth
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by jonath0012(m): 9:44am On Jul 16, 2018
Op, I think you are still angry that she took you for granted for no reason, which explains why you no more feeling anything for her. It is justifiable

My advice: do not accept her back. Why? She was selfish. How could she have rejected such offer without giving any concrete reasons.

Think about this: What if she did not come back? What would have become of you assuming you are not strong emotionally to handle the issue.
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by CAPSLOCKED: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2018
donstan18:
She told you she's not ready for the marriage without a TANGIBLE or CONCRETE REASON and then came back to beg.

I think she was obviously cheating on you then with another guy she expected to propose to her, but unfortunately for her the guy disappointed her.

I will advise you not to go ahead because of two reasons.

>She took you for granted and didn't value you enough to toy with your emotions.

>You no longer cherish her, you are now using the words "MANAGE HER". It's not proper for someone to marry a partner for MANAGE sake, your happiness and peace won't be guaranteed because you might get fed up along the line.

LEGIT.
Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by KukkitAvenue(m): 9:53am On Jul 16, 2018
Lordlestat:
Edit the title it should be ready not reading

Having said that

This is your personal problem, the reason you choose to bring it here eludes me.totally. As you get older it is expected that you should b[color=#000099][/color]e able to handle issues maturely on your own! Because they are your issues, now our issues !

If every member here choose to post heir problems here this forum would wuickly become an agony aunt forum , front page would be filled with nothing informative but people's problems

Be a man & Grow up

Handle your business privately, we all have problems !

1 Like

Re: She Postponed Our Wedding Date That She Not Ready And Now She Is Back by duduade: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2018
Loool ... From the title to the OP..

For two parties to go ahead with marriage, they must both be psychological and emotionally prepared for the long haul... If one part ain't ready then something is wrong!!!! If you aint feeling her anymore then take a walk... Don't succumb to what you will later regret in the future!!!!

My two cents

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Speed Darlington Shares Explicit Video Of A Lady Performing MouthAction On Him 18+ / Is Being Separated The Same As Being Married? / Nigerian Guy Will Never Refuse To Give A Fellow Guy Is 'condom' - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.