Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 (38792 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hello Spring2019,

Visas are issued to students studying at all types of programs, including those at community colleges. Each application is adjudicated on its own merits, and each prospective applicant should come prepared to discuss their course of study and future plans. Please visit our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typefandm.asp to learn more.

Spring2019:
Hello LagosNIV
There has been a rumor flying around on the USA student visa thread that applying to a community College is a huge red flag and can lead to outright denial. I understand that for someone with an equivalent degree here(HND) or Bsc, it's not a progression if such person wants to go earn an associates degree again but what about young students that have just high school certificate? Can they get a visa approval to get associates degree if they defend their reasons? Or is it also an outright refusal?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hello tgoservices,

We do not comment on individual cases in this forum. The consular officer who interviews you at your follow-up interview will inform you if your visa has been revoked or if any permanent ineligibilities apply.

tqoservices:
Dear @Lagosniv

on my return from the U.S in October, i got an email that my visa was no longer valid and would required to come back for an interview.

Kindly advise how to know if/how long i have been banned for as the visa was REVOKED.

Do i need an immigration consultant to interpret the letter i was given?

I just need a number or email address i can contact to know my eligibility / status.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by cris83: 1:18am On Dec 13, 2018
Good day @LagosNIV

I submitted my passport as well as my moms for renewal. This was our second renewal. The B1/B2 visas expired June of this year. I submitted both passports for dropbox on the 22nd November. i checked CEAC website for status update and it says case opened 23rd November and case last updated 23rd November. I then sent an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com to check the status from there and response was THERE IS NO STATUS UPDATE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER SUBMITTED. today is 13th December and i am worried as to what is happening. Can you help? Thank you ...

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by tqoservices: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2018
tqoservices:
Dear @Lagosniv

on my return from the U.S in October, i got an email that my visa was no longer valid and would required to come back for an interview.

Kindly advise how to know if/how long i have been banned for as the visa was REVOKED.

Do i need an immigration consultant to interpret the letter i was given?

I just need a number or email address i can contact to know my eligibility / status.

Thank you
LagosNIV:
Hello tgoservices,

We do not comment on individual cases in this forum. The consular officer who interviews you at your follow-up interview will inform you if your visa has been revoked or if any permanent ineligibilities apply.

I respect and understand that you do not comment on individual cases in this forum. Yes my visa was revoked at the embassy. There was however no mention if i was banned or not. My question is, is there a number i can call or an email address i can contact that can tell me in plain terms if there is a ban or not.

Thank you in anticipation of a response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by flgd: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good day house,
Please advise. I have visa interview on the 24th of dec. If visa is approved, please confirm when passport would be ready considering the Christmas break as i have a business trip to another country n dec 30th which i have to attend unfailingly
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Funjay(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
Good day,

Thanks for the amazing job.
Please I will like to confirm if I can do drop box for my two kids aged 5 and 3 considering it is their first Visa. I will be doing drop box to renew my Visa and that of my wife and we are considering going on vacations with the kids this time around.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nice2017: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2018
Good day Sir or Madam

I applied for a BI/B2 visa application in August 2018 but was refused and invited for a follow-up interview (221G) which i rescheduled for Dec - next week. Historically, I used my first Visa issued in 2014 (visited USA twice) and was unable to use by last visa issued in 2016 due to very tight work schedule. Kindly advice on what necessary documentation i may need for the interview. Also i included i would be traveling with my wife and little daughter ( My wife has a valid visa and travelled 3 times while my daughter was born in the USA in 2017. Also note all her child birth bills was paid in full and i have have the required receipts to show as evidence. I am really keen on why i was refused because i am not sure its a crime not to use a visa during the duration it was issued. I really want to ensure i don't miss out on any document needed by the visa officer cos i have a self sponsored training in September 2019 to attend. Kindly advise...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hello tgoservices,

You would have been informed at the time of revocation if there was a permanent ineligibility, or a "ban". If you have any further questions you can contact LagosNIV@state.gov.

tqoservices:

I respect and understand that you do not comment on individual cases in this forum. Yes my visa was revoked at the embassy. There was however no mention if i was banned or not. My question is, is there a number i can call or an email address i can contact that can tell me in plain terms if there is a ban or not.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hello flgd,

It generally takes three business days for us to process and print visas and return them to the DHL location of your choosing. If your visa is approved, you can let the interviewing officer know that you have urgent travel scheduled and ask to drop your passport back off with us when you return from your scheduled travel.

flgd:
Good day house,
Please advise. I have visa interview on the 24th of dec. If visa is approved, please confirm when passport would be ready considering the Christmas break as i have a business trip to another country n dec 30th which i have to attend unfailingly
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hello Nice2017,

Your follow-up interview will likely include most of the same topics as your initial interview. As with all visa applicants, the adjudicating officer will be assessing your social, economic, and professional ties. If the officer needs any additional information, s/he will let you know at the time of interview.

Nice2017:
Good day Sir or Madam

I applied for a BI/B2 visa application in August 2018 but was refused and invited for a follow-up interview (221G) which i rescheduled for Dec - next week. Historically, I used my first Visa issued in 2014 (visited USA twice) and was unable to use by last visa issued in 2016 due to very tight work schedule. Kindly advice on what necessary documentation i may need for the interview. Also i included i would be traveling with my wife and little daughter ( My wife has a valid visa and travelled 3 times while my daughter was born in the USA in 2017. Also note all her child birth bills was paid in full and i have have the required receipts to show as evidence. I am really keen on why i was refused because i am not sure its a crime not to use a visa during the duration it was issued. I really want to ensure i don't miss out on any document needed by the visa officer cos i have a self sponsored training in September 2019 to attend. Kindly advise...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by cris83: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2018
Good day LagosNIV,

I picked up my passport today and No new visa was issued. This is the second time i am trying to renew my visa. I was given a White form to reschedule interview under 221g category witht he first box ticked and I should print another copy of ds-160 form. The only thing I have is the confirmation page. I do not have saved copies of ds-160 form. What do I do in a situation like this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by AdeoAdes: 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2018
Dear Lagos NIV,

Good day. I am a Graduate Student in the United States. Prior to coming to the States, I attended the Visa Interview in Lagos with my 2 kids [4&2years old] with my spouse [they applied for F2 visa]. The only thing asked my husband was how long he had worked in his office. Note: he had all details showing his office granted him leave of absence together with title documents to our property as well as a letter from my employer. Unfortunately, I was granted visa and my dependents denied.

On a second attempt, they were denied again despite having sufficient funds in my husband's account and all necessary details to show strong home ties. I also have a job with my School here and a letter from the school but the only question he was asked was if he intended staying in the US which he replied with a NO since he had to return to his job.

My question is, was he expected to apply for a visiting visa and not F2? Kindly assist as I am confused here.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Smhaykins(m): 2:24am On Dec 23, 2018
I av bin denied once...I registered my passport as single....am now planning to reapply with same passport as married, since am applying with my wife n kid.

my question z do I have a chance since av not traveled before, I only av a stamp of Benin republic on my passport.. if asked whether av travelled before... can I say yes DAT av gone to Benin republic... or I shud just say no since its a neighboring country.

my salary z five digits...must I go with statement DAT shows my salary... or I can present another statements DAT has my name and prove strong financial activities
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Good morning V.O,

I actually applied for a family visa package, I filled out mine, my sister’s ds 160 and my mum.. The mistake here is this, I have used the three ds 160 to apply for visa under my own visa page portal which I have used twice before in the past.

The problem here is that I later got to know that I made a lot of errors on all of our ds 160 I filled and have been added to my visa application portal.. I want to remove the ds 160 and add the new ds 160 I just filled correctly and moreover, I used my email for them but just created their email, I wanna remove my email from their booking and use theirs.

Is there a way I can remove them former ds 160 and add the new ones there (I have tried but it ain’t going), do I have to create their own visa appointment page separately or the one I booked in mine can’t be used by the three of us ?... please I really need help on how to remove the former ds 160 and add a new one there ASAP cos the interview date is January 7.. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Beno1502: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2018
[Please, how were able to secure an appointment for December? I had a similar 221g problem as I filed my for renewal of a B1/B2 Visa via the drop box. The only available dates are from June 2019 and I intend visiting my daughter who is schooling in the USA by February, 2019. Can you help please?

author=LagosNIV post=73990675]Hello Nice2017,

Your follow-up interview will likely include most of the same topics as your initial interview. As with all visa applicants, the adjudicating officer will be assessing your social, economic, and professional ties. If the officer needs any additional information, s/he will let you know at the time of interview.

[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by missingribs: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
Good day,
Pls I will appreciate if I can get a response.
1.i intended traveling for just (10days)Easter celebration so my intend arrival date was in April but my appointment falls in may which automatically cancelled my original traveling plans.the issue now I don't have any arrival date or traveling plan.can I use the initial one staying that all traveling plans has been moved to latter date.

2.me and my partner agree on common union which in Nigeria is referred to as cohabitating, which documents can I provide to support this.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Babyibi: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
Good day VO, I have a quick question.
Some years back my dad got me an IR-2 visa to the US, I went but came back after 9 months because my mum was here.
It's been over 10 years and I have not gone back, I don't know if I can get my PR back or not.
I am applying for a visit now for tourism, I want to go for 2 weeks. I have a good job and my family is here but I'm not married.
What issues would I have during my interview, could I be denied?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by cris83: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hello house, myself and my mom have been called for further interview since receiving our returned passports from dhl dropbox. I tried to schedule an interview which i did as the dates that came up were in June so since we are not in a hurry to travel i left it like that. However, on the appointment confirmation, its only my moms details that show up as well as the visa fee. Myself who is a dependent on her didnt show up as well as my own fee paid and number of applicants is also stipulated as 1 when infact we are 2. Should i be worried about this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2019
Hello tqoservices,

If you were not informed of a ban at the time of interview, then you do not have a permanent ineligibility.

tqoservices:

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2019
Hello cris83,

Please contact CGI at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. You can also reach them by phone at +23412278955.

cris83:
Good day LagosNIV,

I picked up my passport today and No new visa was issued. This is the second time i am trying to renew my visa. I was given a White form to reschedule interview under 221g category witht he first box ticked and I should print another copy of ds-160 form. The only thing I have is the confirmation page. I do not have saved copies of ds-160 form. What do I do in a situation like this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello AdeoAdes,

We cannot comment on individual cases in this forum. If you are concerned that they applied for the wrong visa type, please visit the following website to learn more about different classes of non-immigrant visas: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeall.asp

AdeoAdes:
Dear Lagos NIV,

Good day. I am a Graduate Student in the United States. Prior to coming to the States, I attended the Visa Interview in Lagos with my 2 kids [4&2years old] with my spouse [they applied for F2 visa]. The only thing asked my husband was how long he had worked in his office. Note: he had all details showing his office granted him leave of absence together with title documents to our property as well as a letter from my employer. Unfortunately, I was granted visa and my dependents denied.

On a second attempt, they were denied again despite having sufficient funds in my husband's account and all necessary details to show strong home ties. I also have a job with my School here and a letter from the school but the only question he was asked was if he intended staying in the US which he replied with a NO since he had to return to his job.

My question is, was he expected to apply for a visiting visa and not F2? Kindly assist as I am confused here.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello Smhaykins,

Prior travel is one of many factors we consider when evaluating a non-immigrant visa application, but there is no requirement for prior travel to qualify for a B1/B2 visa. Benin is a foreign country, so please feel free to mention it if you are asked if you have traveled internationally before.

Lastly, you are not required to submit bank statements to apply for a tourist visa. You are welcome to bring bank statements with you if you would like, but the interviewing officer will most likely decline to view them.

Smhaykins:
I av bin denied once...I registered my passport as single....am now planning to reapply with same passport as married, since am applying with my wife n kid.

my question z do I have a chance since av not traveled before, I only av a stamp of Benin republic on my passport.. if asked whether av travelled before... can I say yes DAT av gone to Benin republic... or I shud just say no since its a neighboring country.

my salary z five digits...must I go with statement DAT shows my salary... or I can present another statements DAT has my name and prove strong financial activities
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello Livecamp09,

Apologies that this response is only getting to you now. Please contact support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your question.

Livecamp09:
Good morning V.O,

I actually applied for a family visa package, I filled out mine, my sister’s ds 160 and my mum.. The mistake here is this, I have used the three ds 160 to apply for visa under my own visa page portal which I have used twice before in the past.

The problem here is that I later got to know that I made a lot of errors on all of our ds 160 I filled and have been added to my visa application portal.. I want to remove the ds 160 and add the new ds 160 I just filled correctly and moreover, I used my email for them but just created their email, I wanna remove my email from their booking and use theirs.

Is there a way I can remove them former ds 160 and add the new ones there (I have tried but it ain’t going), do I have to create their own visa appointment page separately or the one I booked in mine can’t be used by the three of us ?... please I really need help on how to remove the former ds 160 and add a new one there ASAP cos the interview date is January 7.. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello missingribs,

We understand that people may need to change their travel dates because they could not get interview dates early enough to accommodate their original plans. However, you should still be prepared to discuss your intended activities and plans for the United States once you arrive.

Unless specifically asked to provide paperwork, the consular officer will likely decline to view whatever documentation you may provide. If asked, you should be able to speak about your relationship with your partner. If the interviewing officer needs more information, they will let you know.

missingribs:
Good day,
Pls I will appreciate if I can get a response.
1.i intended traveling for just (10days)Easter celebration so my intend arrival date was in April but my appointment falls in may which automatically cancelled my original traveling plans.the issue now I don't have any arrival date or traveling plan.can I use the initial one staying that all traveling plans has been moved to latter date.

2.me and my partner agree on common union which in Nigeria is referred to as cohabitating, which documents can I provide to support this.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Kentrasso(f): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
Good morning,

I applied for a non-immigrant H4 visa as my husband holds a temporal workers visa in US. Today I checked my visa status. It’s been issued. How long would it take for my passport to be delivered to me?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Naijastar001: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
The
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by crisycent: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2019
Please house, I have one question. If you qualify for a Dropbox, how long do you have to submit your passport/documents? @lagosniv @ladyguniverse
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by boladan(f): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hello house, please what are the chances that a child of 1 year accompanying her grandma who is a permanent resident would be given a visa? The child's mother will be going for a course during that period and the father is presently in Canada?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by itsmolep(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2019
Good evening guys, I've been a silent follower for a while . I need your help on this
I'm an undergraduate in a nigerian university, currently in 200L, I would be ending this session by July, so I would like to travel to the US this august for vacation, I'll be staying with my uncle in OK (He's a citizen ). After the vacation I'll be coming back to complete my Bsc. What are my chances ??
PS: I have a virgin passport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Migration: The Long Road To Canada / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / Car Accident At Eko Hotel, Victoria Island - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.