Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 (38876 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by tunddy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Pls I have an interview with the US embassy next week, i want to go for a conference in the US,pls I want to know the likely questions the US consular will ask before the day of my interview in other to prepare me a head...thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Chinlov: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2019
Sir, I have been denied visa twice. In 2017 and just this month. I realized that not telling the VO during my interview in 2012 that I was pregnant and intending to have my baby in the US was a crime.
My question is how do I remedy my situation? Have I been banned? How do I find a way out of this mistake.

A colleague suggested I hire an immigration lawyer. Is that OK? I wouldn't want to compound my case.

Thanks so much for your time and help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by emhenzy: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hello

So, after my interview the consular requested that i submit bank statement of my sponsors through DHL without having to come for interview and it is under sections 221(G). After carefully reading the letter I opened the CGI website, clicked on submit documents and i was directed to another page where i inserted my username and password but i am still unable to download the 221(G) submission slip which is essential for submitting the additional documents. I contacted them by mail and have no response yet, called but they seem not to understand my situation. What should i do next or what am i doing wrongly?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
LagosNIV:

Hello OmoBendel24 –

We have had an ongoing internal discussion about the most effective way to answer the questions posed on Nairaland. For now, we anticipate that we will be able to continue to do so. Please note, that we will no longer be monitoring or answering questions in this thread. For all future questions you wish to direct to the Consular Officers at our Embassy in Abuja or at our Consulate in Lagos, please use the following threads:

For questions about immigrant visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s

For questions about non-immigrant visas, including B1/B2 visas, please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

For questions about student visas (F, M, or J) please see this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

Please note that we will continue to adhere to a few ground rules. These threads were created so that we can provide accurate information about (1) US visa policy and (2) US visa application procedures, and dispel the many myths that seem to arise about our laws. We will answer questions relating to those topics. We will not answer questions about your individual cases, nor offer advice as to what the “chances” are that your application will be approved. We will not offer advice as to how to present your application. We will not answer abusive or insulting posts. Please post your questions in the appropriate thread, as questions posted in the wrong thread will not be answered. We will not reply to private messages, please post your questions in these threads.Thank you for your interest in visiting the United States, and we look forward to answering your questions.

LagosNIV

On the strength of your above post from last year sir, and concerning birthing in the US, the challenges being encountered by our people as regards visa renewal thereafter in recent times (with attention being sort per @the bolded above and below, forgive my informalities please); Truth be told, we are all speculating yet here on Nairaland. But we have a real issue at hand, an “annoying” one at that! I have read several takes and keep wondering what the way forward should be on this actually. The representative of Doctoresparati (Vlesparza) has tried in her little way to make some clarifications as well as those that have attended the 221g interviews particularly and some legally resident Nigerians in the US on this thread, nothing still clear.

Some are even contemplating paying up the difference per what was discounted even when some of the facilities are insisting they are not indebted to them. This situation is pretty bad now! The ones that will accept such offers after making it clear our people owe nothing, of what importance is this really? Why are our people being punished and made to look like “dumbos” just like that? These are people that felt they didn’t have to be like others, no “misbehaviors”, didn’t touch Medicaid, spent time and resources to search and bring to fruition their dreams, paid for it and were at rest believing they have done the necessary to avoid trouble in the future. Suddenly that same peace is being taken from them, this is somehow.

Discounts are well known to the Americans and us visitors too. Why will our people be punished for using discounts? I understand this is another sector anyways, but we are in the dark on this, we need some quality light.

If there’s one time Nairaland needed to hear from @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV, that should have been now, an out of the blue clarification from you would suffice.... I will appeal to you and ask others to join me in that appeal too if necessary, to please do justice to this matter, let there be equity.

What exactly is the position of things dear @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV please?

Is it true this happening is peculiar to Nigeria and not general?

What’s the “annoyance”, what are we doing wrong?

Is this above 10k standard we are setting for ourselves needed at all?

Will it even count soonest after now?

Are the authorities enjoying the darkness this has put innocent applicants in or what? I doubt.

Bring in some light please we plead with thee sirs!

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by missingribs: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
Good day sir,
Am having am issue here....I applied for a tourist visa cos i like to take my child for vacation come April but as i was trying to print out my interview confirmation i discover that i was booked for C-1 instead of B-1 my interview is in 48hrs pls what do I do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello Nine11,

From what you are saying, it seems your application from five years ago has already been adjudicated to completion and resolved, so you will need to submit an entirely new application. You are correct to assume that the consular officer will review your prior application and case notes and will notice discrepancies between your applications. We advise all applicants to be forthcoming and honest when completing their DS-160s and when interviewing; if you have not been honest in the past, it would behoove you to come clean about that during your next interview.

Lying to a consular officer is against the law and could result in a permanent ineligibility, or "ban". It is also important to note that it is the applicant, not the agent, that is responsible for ensuring everything in the application is true and complete. If material misrepresentations are made during the application process, it is the applicant, not the agent, that will face the consequences. If you have a permanent ineligibility, you will be informed of that verbally and in writing at the time of your interview.

Nine11:

Please I will like to ask questions further on this please,
For somebody who has got wrong information on a DS-160 form made for him by an agent, such as marriage certificate info, and now has lost the agent contact and has lost the info of the ds-160 form, and visa was denied then 5 years a go, can one open another form ds-160 with the correct information slightly different from the old one, and may be inform them of the new ds-160, won't the embassy still draw information from the old one to pass their judgement? Though the passport used then has expired and what he has now is a renewed one, secondly how can one know his status as per visa ban, and does ban or inadmissible status or pronouncement normally appears on a refusal letter? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Greatg0809: 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Good day sir,
Please what can be done about the discount issue going on with hospitals like oakbend, as people that used the such hospitals didn’t know , please what can we do about this issue of denials going round about those that had their babies in the us and paid complete
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by specilex: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hi LagosNIV,

My parents got a 221g from the last dropbox visa renewal process. They have since been trying to get an appointment for over a month now. Nothing has showed up in the calendar here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria even though there are appointments available for fresh applicants. What can they do to expedite this process, since their anticipated travel date is inching too close? Or is there anything they need to do for the appointment dates to show up?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello Tolakin,

Yes, it is possible to opt for an interview instead of applying through Dropbox.

Tolakin:

Good day, please I would like to know if it’s okay to just opt to be interviewed instead of applying for Dropbox even though i’m qualified (still within 1yr of expiry)
I gave birth to my son April of last year and I just feel like since everyone that had a baby is invited to interview, I might as well reduce the back and forth.
I read a poster say she did this but I don’t know if there is a background story to this or just as she put it
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello Chinlov,

You would have been informed verbally and in writing at the time of your interview if there was a permanent ineligibility. If you were not informed of such a ban, then you were most likely refused under section 214b of the INA. A 214b refusal cannot be appealed.

Chinlov:
Sir, I have been denied visa twice. In 2017 and just this month. I realized that not telling the VO during my interview in 2012 that I was pregnant and intending to have my baby in the US was a crime.
My question is how do I remedy my situation? Have I been banned? How do I find a way out of this mistake.

A colleague suggested I hire an immigration lawyer. Is that OK? I wouldn't want to compound my case.

Thanks so much for your time and help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello specilex,

Your parents should continue to check back - new appointment dates are frequently released. As a gentle reminder to everyone in this forum, we advise applicants not to make specific travel plans until their passports and visas are in hand in order to avoid them having to reschedule trips.

specilex:
Hi LagosNIV,

My parents got a 221g from the last dropbox visa renewal process. They have since been trying to get an appointment for over a month now. Nothing has showed up in the calendar here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria even though there are appointments available for fresh applicants. What can they do to expedite this process, since their anticipated travel date is inching too close? Or is there anything they need to do for the appointment dates to show up?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Chinlov: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
LagosNIV:
Hello Chinlov,

You would have been informed verbally and in writing at the time of your interview if there was a permanent ineligibility. If you were not informed of such a ban, then you were most likely refused under section 214b of the INA. A 214b refusal cannot be appealed.

good evening Sir. Yes it was 214b both times but if I attempt again I may be handed the same refusal under 214b. I was not told the reason but I'm inclined to think it was due to my birthing a baby there, without prior declaration of that intension

Please Sir how do I make progress from here. I don't plan to appeal, I plan to reapply but scared of adding another refusal to my records. I will appreciate any guide on what I can do to ameloriate my past mistake.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by ELEOVIE(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
@LagosNIV,

I received email and text notification to collect my Passport on the 28FEB2019.
I have been requested to provide itemized receipts of medical care provided for myself or my wife after applying for visa renewal through the drop box renewal system.
I have the requested documents ready but I am not sure if I should submit the requested documents to the same GSS document collection center or If I am required to present the documents via a physical interview. The instructions on the notice I received does not tell me if I should drop off the documents or bring them for a physical interview. Of the many boxes in the letter, only one box was checked leaving me without a clear direction.Please see the attached document and advise.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hello Eleovie,

Please submit them through the same document collection center. They will be forwarded to the person who is adjudicating your visa. You should expect to receive a final decision with 1-2 weeks of your submission of the documents, if not earlier.

ELEOVIE:
@LagosNIV,

I received email and text notification to collect my Passport on the 28FEB2019.
I have been requested to provide itemized receipts of medical care provided for myself or my wife after applying for visa renewal through the drop box renewal system.
I have the requested documents ready but I am not sure if I should submit the requested documents to the same GSS document collection center or If I am required to present the documents via a physical interview. The instructions on the notice I received does not tell me if I should drop off the documents or bring them for a physical interview. Of the many boxes in the letter, only one box was checked leaving me without a clear direction.Please see the attached document and advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2019
Attention @LagosNIV sir. Thanks much!

OmoBendel24:

On the strength of your above post from last year sir, and concerning birthing in the US, the challenges being encountered by our people as regards visa renewal thereafter in recent times (with attention being sort per @the bolded above and below, forgive my informalities please); Truth be told, we are all speculating yet here on Nairaland. But we have a real issue at hand, an “annoying” one at that! I have read several takes and keep wondering what the way forward should be on this actually. The representative of Doctoresparati (Vlesparza) has tried in her little way to make some clarifications as well as those that have attended the 221g interviews particularly and some legally resident Nigerians in the US on this thread, nothing still clear.

Some are even contemplating paying up the difference per what was discounted even when some of the facilities are insisting they are not indebted to them. This situation is pretty bad now! The ones that will accept such offers after making it clear our people owe nothing, of what importance is this really? Why are our people being punished and made to look like “dumbos” just like that? These are people that felt they didn’t have to be like others, no “misbehaviors”, didn’t touch Medicaid, spent time and resources to search and bring to fruition their dreams, paid for it and were at rest believing they have done the necessary to avoid trouble in the future. Suddenly that same peace is being taken from them, this is somehow.

Discounts are well known to the Americans and us visitors too. Why will our people be punished for using discounts? I understand this is another sector anyways, but we are in the dark on this, we need some quality light.

If there’s one time Nairaland needed to hear from @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV, that should have been now, an out of the blue clarification from you would suffice.... I will appeal to you and ask others to join me in that appeal too if necessary, to please do justice to this matter, let there be equity.

What exactly is the position of things dear @LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV please?

Is it true this happening is peculiar to Nigeria and not general?

What’s the “annoyance”, what are we doing wrong?

Is this above 10k standard we are setting for ourselves needed at all?

Will it even count soonest after now?

Are the authorities enjoying the darkness this has put innocent applicants in or what? I doubt.

Bring in some light please we plead with thee sirs!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

This thread will no longer be monitored by LagosNIV or AbujaNIV. We are creating a new thread titled "U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt 3" under the username USMissiontoNigeria. Kindly visit that thread for more information.

Sincerely,
LagosNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

This thread will no longer be monitored by LagosNIV or AbujaNIV. We are creating a new thread titled "U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt 3" under the username USMissiontoNigeria. Kindly visit that thread for more information.

Sincerely,
LagosNIV

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10)

Gridlock As Flood Takes Over Road In Egbeda-idimu, Lagos (Video, Photos) / South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.