Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 (38885 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by homody(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Please house I need somebody to put me through on how to do a drop box, my mum want renew her visa I don't know how to go about ot, I need response from the gurus.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by goldee29: 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
Dear LagosNIV,

Thank you for your response. I tried booking an appointment this morning and i get a message "There are currently no appointments available" once i select the Previously refused tab.

Kindly advise as i would like to have an appointment booked as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

LagosNIV:
Hello goldee29,

You can book another appointment on the CGI website and then request an expedited appointment. Please bear in mind that that request may be denied - these appointments are for people who have truly time-sensitive requests, like a need for emergency medical treatment that cannot be obtained elsewhere or to attend a funeral. If your request is not time-sensitive or nothing significant has changed since your last application, the emergency request will likely be denied.

We ask that people wait six months after a refusal before reapplying again to ensure that others have a chance to interview in a timely manner. If your emergency appointment request is denied and you do not wait six months between refusals, please know that it may reflect poorly on you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by saintrise: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
Is it possible to fly in from Abuja for medicals and return the same day with Qlife medicals??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by AijayUz: 9:47am On Feb 10, 2019
LagosNIV:
Hello scott509,

Technically, your visa remains valid while you have another application pending and therefore you should be ok to travel. However, as we don’t know why your specific case was held for additional processing, we cannot say whether you will be allowed to enter the United States without further scrutiny by the Department of Homeland Security. It would be prudent to wait for your follow-up interview before making concrete travel plans.

Hello Lagos NIV,
I applied for my visa renewal via Dropbox. I was invited for an interview. However, I have been unable to schedule an interview as my profile is not activated. I have contacted the customer care representatives as well as sent emails but still haven’t gotten a response.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by AijayUz: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2019
Hello Lagos NIV,
I applied for my visa renewal via Dropbox early this year. After about a month, I was invited for an interview. However, I have been unable to schedule an interview as my profile is not activated. I have contacted the customer care representatives as well as sent emails but still haven’t gotten a response.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hello goldee29,

You will need to first book an appointment using the regular guidelines - your appointment should not be scheduled earlier than six months after your last refusal. You can then request an expedited appointment. As stated below, it is possible your expedited appointment request will be denied and then you will have to keep your original appointment date of at least six months in the future.

goldee29:
Dear LagosNIV,

Thank you for your response. I tried booking an appointment this morning and i get a message "There are currently no appointments available" once i select the Previously refused tab.

Kindly advise as i would like to have an appointment booked as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by ori777: 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2019
LagosNIV:
Hello goldee29,

You will need to first book an appointment using the regular guidelines - your appointment should not be scheduled earlier than six months after your last refusal. You can then request an expedited appointment. As stated below, it is possible your expedited appointment request will be denied and then you will have to keep your original appointment date of at least six months in the future.

Hello,
Thank you for your expository advice here.
Your response above relates to me and i tried to book an appointment 6 months from my refusal date. however, the farthest date available on the appointment calendar is 5 months after my refusal date. All other dates have not been opened.
how can i resolve this please?

thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Rhonny001: 10:13am On Feb 14, 2019
Hi LagosNIV,
My wife and I applied for our visa renewal via Dropbox last month, and we have been invited for a follow-up interview. However, I just discovered that the DS-160 confirmation number on my profile still reads the confirmation number of the form we filled while applying for our last visa two years ago. I have been able to update mine through the "Update Profile" tab on my profile page, but there's no link to updating my wife's confirmation number. Could you please guide me on how to update my wife's (dependent) DS-160 confirmation number?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by OluwaFavored: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hi Lagos NIV,

I want to renew my F1 visa via Dropbox, I have checked all the requirements and I met them all. I also understand I will need to complete a new DS-160 and make payment.

But am confused about is, will I need to go on appointment booking platform again? where do I go that I can select or opt for DropBox.

I know for regular visa needing an interview after you done with DS-160 and payment, booking can be done after that but just do not know how to transit from DS-160 to DropBox

Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by sirmel: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2019
Dear Lagos NIV,
A close friend of mine applied to renew his visa and was asked to come for an interview scheduled to be done today Friday 15th of February 2019 by 2pm. He got there and was told all Interviews after 12pm will not hold (most probably because of tomorrows elections) and would have to be rescheduled. Please what is to be done? As this wasn't his fault he does not want to start all over getting date as earliest date is towards the end of April. Pls. Note he wasn't even sent an email with regards to this change.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by ayobami52(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2019
Dear LagosNIV,

Please, I want to ask maybe, appointment interview stated for 25th Feb will still hold because of the election postponed to 23rd Feb.

I will really appreciate any useful information regarding this.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Ugbekoko: 10:14am On Feb 17, 2019
Good morning VO.My husband and I will be travelling to the United States for our summer vacation with our baby.What are the required documents we need for our Visa application?Thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by manlikegb: 2:46am On Feb 18, 2019
@LagosNIV, good day VO sir,

I renewed my B1/B2 via dropbox around July 2017, however, I have been unable to visit the US since then and its not looking like I'll be able to take a vacation before it expires later in July. My concern is this?

Will I still be able to make use of dropbox(IWP) for renewal when my unused visa expires?
Or should I just make sure to use the visa before it expires? No guarantees of making this happen as of right now.

Thanks for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by rawdpiper(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
Good Day everyone, I just recently heard of the H-2B visa. Upon doing research I learnt that I must have gotten an employment letter from the employer in the US. The issue now is I don't know how I'll get a job offer in the US. I was then told that there are companies that have been outsourced to get employees. So I was wondering if anyone knows any of the said companies?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by sammycase86: 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
Good afternoon
I applied for my US visa but didn’t get to use it till it expired last week
I would like to apply via Dropbox
Can anyone who has been in this situation advise what to do?
Would I be called for an interview or what?
Please help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by sammycase86: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
I would like to know if I can reapply for my B1-B2 visa if I didn’t get to use my last Visa befor ke it’s expiry.
I was pregnant and just to bed when my Visa expired
Can I still apply for the renewal via Dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by segeb1980: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2019
Hi ,

I keep getting "an error has occurred while processing your photo"

it accepts the phone and then when continuing i keep getting the above error.

I have tried chrome, safari, IE, opera / tried on my mobile , different computers but still get the same error.

Please advice on what needs to be done

applying for non immigrant B2 visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hi Rhonny001,

Please contact CGI at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. They will be able to help you.

Rhonny001:
Hi LagosNIV,
My wife and I applied for our visa renewal via Dropbox last month, and we have been invited for a follow-up interview. However, I just discovered that the DS-160 confirmation number on my profile still reads the confirmation number of the form we filled while applying for our last visa two years ago. I have been able to update mine through the "Update Profile" tab on my profile page, but there's no link to updating my wife's confirmation number. Could you please guide me on how to update my wife's (dependent) DS-160 confirmation number?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello sirmel,

The U.S. Consulate in Lagos closes at 1 pm on Fridays, so we would not have scheduled an interview for him at 2 pm. Your friend likely read his appointment letter incorrectly.

sirmel:
Dear Lagos NIV,
A close friend of mine applied to renew his visa and was asked to come for an interview scheduled to be done today Friday 15th of February 2019 by 2pm. He got there and was told all Interviews after 12pm will not hold (most probably because of tomorrows elections) and would have to be rescheduled. Please what is to be done? As this wasn't his fault he does not want to start all over getting date as earliest date is towards the end of April. Pls. Note he wasn't even sent an email with regards to this change.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello ayobami52,

Interviews scheduled for Monday, February 25th will proceed as scheduled.

ayobami52:
Dear LagosNIV,

Please, I want to ask maybe, appointment interview stated for 25th Feb will still hold because of the election postponed to 23rd Feb.

I will really appreciate any useful information regarding this.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello OluwaFavored,

Please contact CGI at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and they will be able to walk you through the process.

OluwaFavored:
Hi Lagos NIV,

I want to renew my F1 visa via Dropbox, I have checked all the requirements and I met them all. I also understand I will need to complete a new DS-160 and make payment.

But am confused about is, will I need to go on appointment booking platform again? where do I go that I can select or opt for DropBox.

I know for regular visa needing an interview after you done with DS-160 and payment, booking can be done after that but just do not know how to transit from DS-160 to DropBox

Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello Ugbekoko,

Please visit this website for more information on applying for a U.S. visa: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.asp#

Ugbekoko:
Good morning VO.My husband and I will be travelling to the United States for our summer vacation with our baby.What are the required documents we need for our Visa application?Thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello manlikegb,

Interview waiver is available for those who are applying for the same visa category as last time, in the country of your normal residence, and whose visas have been expired for less than one year. There is no requirement that you must have traveled on your last visa to be eligible for interview waiver. However, we reserve the right to require a re-interview for any reason. Please take that into consideration if you are planning to renew your visa. Please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp for more information.

manlikegb:
@LagosNIV, good day VO sir,

I renewed my B1/B2 via dropbox around July 2017, however, I have been unable to visit the US since then and its not looking like I'll be able to take a vacation before it expires later in July. My concern is this?

Will I still be able to make use of dropbox(IWP) for renewal when my unused visa expires?
Or should I just make sure to use the visa before it expires? No guarantees of making this happen as of right now.

Thanks for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello manlikegb,

Interview waiver is available for those who are applying for the same visa category as last time, in the country of your normal residence, and whose visas have been expired for less than one year. There is no requirement that you must have traveled on your last visa to be eligible for interview waiver. However, we reserve the right to require a re-interview for any reason. Please take that into consideration if you are planning to renew your visa. Please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp for more information.

sammycase86:
I would like to know if I can reapply for my B1-B2 visa if I didn’t get to use my last Visa befor ke it’s expiry.
I was pregnant and just to bed when my Visa expired
Can I still apply for the renewal via Dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello segeb1980,

Please contact support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com.

segeb1980:
Hi ,

I keep getting "an error has occurred while processing your photo"

it accepts the phone and then when continuing i keep getting the above error.

I have tried chrome, safari, IE, opera / tried on my mobile , different computers but still get the same error.

Please advice on what needs to be done

applying for non immigrant B2 visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Andotee: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
LagosNIV:
Hello manlikegb,

Good afternoon everyone. My sister is having her graduation in the US (Maryland) by May and I am planning to attend as I am her only family member (orphans).

I have gotten my date of appointment but I'm trying to KNOW if I might be lucky enough to CONVINCE the VO of my intentions.

I am 26, unmarried and a federal staff.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by segeb1980: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hi , i made a spelling mistake on the form (place of birth precisely )

Kindly advice
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nine11: 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
LagosNIV:

Applicants cannot make changes to the DS-160 once it has been submitted. One must fill out a new DS-160 then contact CGI to associate the new DS160 with their appointment date. CGI contact information is located on these sites: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp and https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/

Please I will like to ask questions further on this please,
For somebody who has got wrong information on a DS-160 form made for him by an agent, such as marriage certificate info, and now has lost the agent contact and has lost the info of the ds-160 form, and visa was denied then 5 years a go, can one open another form ds-160 with the correct information slightly different from the old one, and may be inform them of the new ds-160, won't the embassy still draw information from the old one to pass their judgement? Though the passport used then has expired and what he has now is a renewed one, secondly how can one know his status as per visa ban, and does ban or inadmissible status or pronouncement normally appears on a refusal letter? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Nine11: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2019
According to the information on the appointment booking page, if you have been refused visa within the last six months click previously refuse, what about a refusal of 5 years a go?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 by Tolakin: 12:08am On Feb 22, 2019
LagosNIV:
Hello manlikegb,

Good day, please I would like to know if it’s okay to just opt to be interviewed instead of applying for Dropbox even though i’m qualified (still within 1yr of expiry)
I gave birth to my son April of last year and I just feel like since everyone that had a baby is invited to interview, I might as well reduce the back and forth.
I read a poster say she did this but I don’t know if there is a background story to this or just as she put it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? / Governor Zulum Begins Painting Of Flyover In Maiduguri Like Kaduna (Photos) / Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.