Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? (10648 Views)

Kennis Music-is This The End? / Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by freddie1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2006
well...its about time he changes record labels. but he should look before leaps...lest he signs himself in2 slavery!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2006
slavery?
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by logo(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2006
That's True!! Or am I wrong? Is it true that Kennis Music doesnt have a website? Even google is confused, instead it brought www.kennismusic.tripod.com as a substitute, I looked through that website, and I thank God I didnt vomit. Who made that thing for them and called it a website, Kenny himself? What then are they boasting of when we can't view their website?
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2006
heww, logo. take am easy dey yarb them lol
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by tipsy289(m): 12:59am On Jan 15, 2006
Good luck to him smiley i hope this foreign company will treat him well and not try and cheat him cos this is common.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Shynor(m): 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2006
There are all kinds of deals in the music industry just as there are i think in other industries the world over. 2face got signed to Akon's label i think..but the deal might just be distribution and the territory might just be the USA. But in Nigeria, he will still release and distribute locally via Kennis.
To the guy who was asking for Kennis website....I still cannot get over it. those guys with all their mouth cant put together a website. it beats me. The same reason their artistes too dont have websites.
This is the 21st century. Kids have websites in other countries.
Anyone interested in setting up a label in Nigeria? You cant go wrong. there's too much talent out there for you to market.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 3:52am On Jan 16, 2006
hey everyone, you know what just crossed my mind? the thought of 2-face collaborating with Akon and having their duet(s) top the charts and getting nominated for an award.............preferably a GRAMMY!! grin oh my! that day, i'd be overwhelmed with so much joy, you'd think I won that grammy grin
all the best 2-face, some of us are really dreaming big for you grin
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by layi(m): 4:02am On Jan 16, 2006
Shynor:

Anyone interested in setting up a label in Nigeria? You can't go wrong. there's too much talent out there for you to market.

Piracy scares peeps out of the "label" biz. U need at least N12M to build up a talent to International standard. How do u break-even easily. International Distribution deals (BMG etc) is difficult to secure for the Nigeria artist.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by joftech(m): 7:22am On Jan 16, 2006
I don't really think someone need such amount of money to be able to make a star. Talent and luck is what make stars.

The only Nigerian that has been able to break[i] (with some success)[/i] to the US scene is Majek Fashek (here is an interview by him), he was able to do that because of the universality of reggae music. Will the same be possible for 2Face?

And if it's true that he signed under Akon's label i don't really think that's a big deal. I don't really know how big Akon is in the US himself.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by gbengaijot(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2006
Akon is as popular in the US the same way Tuface is popular in Nigeria. Akon is a popular musician in UK as well
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by badman(m): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2006
having a foreign record deal is good 4 him , but pls brother inno dont go and speak pigin there oooh ;Dbut the guy deserves it
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by joftech(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2006
What i mean by popular am talking about the league of Master P, P Diddy, Jamaine Dupri, Darkchild,Chad Hugo, Tanye West etc.

Akon himself is signed to SRC.

If i may ask which genre do we classify 2Face, P-Square, and all those new-gen Nigerian artiste.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Uru(f): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2006
Unfortunately production in Nigeria is not yet up to Internationally acceptable standards, neither is marketing and distribution.
If people like 2-Face obtain International acclaim and success (deserved!) people will start paying attention, and in time Nigeria's standards in all aspects of music (production, recording etc.) will improve.
I had to go to California to get my material recorded properly.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by bebe6(f): 1:36am On Jan 22, 2006
Welcomes 2Face to the US with open arms winkdon't worry ocho.........I will take care of him for you my little pigdin interpreter..........Yes ooooooo!!!!

Iwill definitely peep one of his concerts if he comes here!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by dblock(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2006
Wetin be Kennis Music
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by joftech(m): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2006
Music lable in Nigeria.

Owned by Kenny (Kehnide) Ogungbe and Dayo Adeneye.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by ocho(f): 3:34am On Jan 23, 2006
@bebe: wink kiss
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by stephanie7(f): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2006
i think the move would be great. he has already made it in Nigeria and he needs to make it all over the world. he has potential so i think he should go!! let the rest of the world enjoy him!!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by SvS(f): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2006
i think if he wants to leave he shud,sure why not?hes already sucessful anyway.and kennis music its a shame thatt they dont have a website am afraid!
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by sassy: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2006
so is it true that Tuface is now signed to an international label?.if it is true good for him but b4 he goes an English teacher should be employed for him specially.all i ever hear that boy say is ''nothing dey happen''.i hope that is not what he will be giving them in ''obodo oyinbo'' cos one time they will drop him.
and as for Kennismusic they are a disgrace.their website is utterly USELESS.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by CIBIO(m): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2007
2Face should go anywhere he wishes to go. Afterall, his career is only for as long as he keeps re-inventing himself in the music world. I only he knows that there in the international scene you can rise fast and go down fast too.Best of international recognition to him, but he should improve on his lyrics.
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by Yusufadeto(m): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2007
I think it will be a better boost for him, if he really got a new record contract in the state, because of the boost and the world recognition that he will gain in the process. Nigerian production is growing it it still crap, in terms of production, distribution and as well makng of video is the worst part. Am sure if Tu face got a recordin label is the state am so sure, he wil be an ICON in the music industry in d whole wide world, because you that u r performin well in a rugged world, am sure u will perform much more better in a world of green pasture. 1 Love to Tu face
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by d1twista(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2007
Nor of my own fuckin demn bizness, Tufaze meant to be a fool 4eva under the record company of so called kennis or whateva, But i have to advice Tufaze 2 get his ass down and think abt his life,by settin his own record company or leave Kennis, Ruggedman-Rugged Record,Psquare to Square Record,Eedris - Lacream Record and so on, and even Faze`gat his own record, TUFAZE if you are fortunate to come across internet and get this lovely site where black people exchange ideals and rob minds together, You gat to think abt what i jst say, Am not your enemy neither your friend, am a man struggling wit life, hahahahah,
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by nasyl(m): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2007
AS 4 ME, I DONT TINK HE SHUD LEAVE because his 1st Album boost him up 2 b an Artist of international stardard especially d track African Queen .but his second album,maintain his local champion.so, he CANT
make his local trophy dere. sign out
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by oyinboaja: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2007
na wa oh
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by tosinbas: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2007
i won`t bleam him because he realise at the right time that kennis or whatever they are called are swallowing his money
Re: 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? by deola1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
The only company who wanted sign him is no longer interested so he's Kennis till Super Eagles win the World Cup. Konvict! Konvict!! Konvict!!! no more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dbanj To Release' Oyato' Single On 14th July / Rema – 'Bad Commando' (Video) / How To Create Lyrics 4 Ur TTpod Mp3 Music Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.