Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel (32063 Views)

Love Is Not For Suckers (Adult Content 18+ ) By Ade Spades / Love Is A Dangerous Game / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Tasheyon(m): 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
Update pls...
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by awizy21(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Nah wa ooo,shey we they fast and pray be4 u update.....just try at least if its one per day
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by makavellidon: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2018
Abi ooooo
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME
CHAPTER 19

"Who is Edward? You always talk about him, and didn't you say he was dead?"

Davies popped the question when they were safely back at home. Coco didn't seem ready to talk, she dropped her bag, pulled off her shoes, her clothes and went straight to the bathroom to cool off. She felt her throat go dry, her eyes were not helping either. She felt sick all of a sudden, the water became too cold that she had to turn off the shower. Memories of her past came afresh.

"Edward got hit, he didn't survive the shot, he is dead Coco" she remembered what she was told.

"No he traveled out of the country, he is in London, he didn't die"

Another had objected. But she was sure he died, she saw him fall to the ground, she was hundred percent sure because she shot him herself. She was behind the rumour that he traveled out of the country. She was sure Edward didn't know where the bullet came from, but now that he is alive, there is every possibility that he might have found out that she shot him.

"Shit, God not now, why won't my past stay buried, why?" She lamented and sobbed in the bathroom until Davies interrupted with a knock on the door.

"Coco? Are you okay?"

He inquired and got her quick response

"I'm fine, I would be out in a minute" she sniffed in and washed her face clean before she came out. But still, Davies was able to detect she cried.

"Why are you crying?"
"What? I'm not"

She averted her eyes and changed into her night gown. She tied the ropes and went straight to bed. She knew Davies had lots of questions welled up in his mind, but she wasn't planning on answering any.

"Coco, you've not said anything, who is Edward?"

He pushed on and sat beside her on the bed. She shut her eyes tight and prayed he would give up and let her be, but he would not. He kept pestering her until she replied.

"Davies, all you need to know is this, Edward is bad news...he is the definition of death, it's best if you let the issue die, forget about Edward"

She said while she laid on the bed.

"Coco, you can trust me please I need to know"

He pestered her even more till she flared up.

"Why Davies! Why?"

He waited till she was calm again before he replied.

"Because I want to protect you, and to do that I need to know everything about you"

She didn't know when she laughed out loud. What can this spoilt rich kid do? She thought.

"You, protect me? Sorry brother but I should be the one to protect you, ain't you scared? I just said Edward is a definition of death"

He was quiet again and waited till she was calm before he cautioned.

"You are raising your voice on me"
"I'm sorry okay, can you let the issue go now?"

She apologized and laid back to the bed with a sigh of relief but his next words brought her back to her sitting position.

"No, not until you tell me what I need to know"
"Oh Jesus Christ" she placed her hands on her forehead. This man is the definition of stubborn.

"Coco please, I love you, and I want to..."
"Stop it Davies, you don't love me, I don't love you, we are just having this cranky feeling because we are stalk here together, like it's highly possible for both of us to have this feeling of attraction, we sleep on the same bed, do things together, cuddle, kiss and all that. We are both super attractive and yes you would definitely think this temporal obsession to be love. Once I am out of here, you would forget about me. So don't make the moment get you confused. There is no love here"

She countered his words and attempted to lay back to bed when he caught her arms and pulled her to him.

"What do you know about love Coco, how can you tell that what I am feeling isn't love?"

He wanted her to explain, perhaps she can help him understand what he felt, he wasn't sure if what he felt was love.

"I don't know Davies, I don't know, I don't know how to do this love thing, I really don't care, I've got guys in the past who loved me but they ended up heartbroken because I really don't care, I am not that kind of girl, just stop all this, I don't want to hurt you, loving me will only cause you pain, you've been a great help to me, please I don't want to hurt you"

She felt a little scared of what he was thinking when he suddenly released his grip and turned his face away from her. She quickly cautioned herself afterwards.

'Remember you don't care' she said within her and quickly reached for Davies before he got up from the bed 

"See Davies, I like you, I won't deny that fact, but apart from the fact that this is all a game, loving me is death, now that Edward is still alive I can't love anyone, he is going to kill you Davies, I am thinking of leaving immediately after the deal ends, I will only bring pain and death to you and your family"

She was right, his father had mentioned the same thing, but he didn't care, he would not let her go, never!

"Coco who is Edward?"

She couldn't believe this man, after all she said he wasn't ready to think straight. Okay, if this is what he wants, then she would give it to him. 

She cleared her throat and averted her eyes when she started

"Edward is the Felix from my past..." 

©onyeneke Abel . September 2018 all rights reserved.

Kindly read and share to get more chapters.

read more on my blog www.abfictionstories.com
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelranking: 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
Abelosas222 u did not complete it in ur blog, u stop when she killed edward nd listened to the tape. Abi na dere the story end
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by ruboy(m): 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
Pls whats the URL to the blog
Abelranking:
Abelosas222 u did not complete it in ur blog, u stop when she killed edward nd listened to the tape. Abi na dere the story end
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelranking: 6:29am On Sep 18, 2018
ruboy:
Pls whats the URL to the blog

abfictionstories.com/category/love-is-a-game/
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by ruboy(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2018
Thanks man I appreciate..
Abelranking:

abfictionstories.com/category/love-is-a-game/
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME
CHAPTER 20

"What? He is wh...what? Hold on, hold on, i remember you mentioning Edward was the only one you loved"
Davies had to interrupt, the bombshell she dropped was one he didn't expect, how can Felix(the one who caused her so much pain) be the one who she loves. That's impossible, maybe there is a miss up somewhere.
"Yes i mentioned that, i loved him, but that was before he went mad with lust and forced himself on me" she thought she cleared the air but it only made him more inquisitive.
"How come Felix is now Edward? Is Felix a surname or what?"
"I knew him as Felix, the streets knew him as Edward"
Another thought popped his mind, he remembered what his father had said.
"She is extremely dangerous, she has handled a gun before, she has killed people, she was the right hand to one notorious criminal named Edward" He froze for a minute and Coco was beginning to think he was considering the option to pull out. He wanted to ask if all his father had said was true. He thought of a way to tactically ask the question but none of the ideas he had sounded tactical enough. He grew fed up and asked directly.
"Have you murdered anyone before?" his heart somehow missed a bit when he asked, he prayed so hard that she would deny it, that it wouldn't be true. But then she didn't hesitate to reply.
"Yes"
She looked deep into his eyes to search for any trace of fear, there wasn't, he was worried that was all she saw.
Davies was worried now, worried for his family, what if she finds out the truth about her parents death? What happens then? His father was right, he has to send her back to Nigeria before it's too late. But the thing is, he can't!
"Ahhhh" he screamed out loud to let out the frustration that boiled within him. His thoughts were conflicted and he was having a hard time bottling it in.
Coco fathomed it was out of fear, maybe he saw reasons with her now.
"You see Davies, i told you so...Edward is dange...."
"How do we kill me"
"Wait what?"
Silence enveloped the bedroom for over a minute. Coco felt she heard wrong, minutes ago she was getting a little relieved that he finally saw reasons with her, but now he responded with the unthinkable.
"Davies are you out of your mind? What is going on with you?"
Davies felt the word 'kill' would be the best option for her since she has killed a lot of people before, but with the look of things it didn't go as he expected.
"Okay how do we put him in Jail"
It didn't get her still.
"Davies i can't believe you are saying this, don't you understand all i have been saying? Edward picked me from the streets, he taught me all i know, how to fight, how to kill, how to survive in the streets and among the rich. Davies i have spent all my life with that man, he can't be killed. I alone attempted that and i failed"
Oh she has tried to kill him before; he got that point now.
"I do not agree, he is a man, he isn't a god"
Coco was going to say something else but Davies phone rang to interrupted them, it was his Jonas.
"Hey dad"
"Come over to the company now"
He turned to Coco who sat upright on the bed and whispered.
"Stay put, i would be right back"
But she wasn't going to yield to his orders this time. He was metres away when he discovered he left his entrance key card at home.
He hurried back to notice a small note on the centre table.
"I am gone, by tomorrow morning i would be back in Nigeria, please don't look for me, go on with your life and forget about me, i would only bring you trouble"

©onyeneke Abel . September2018 all rights reserved.

Love is a game

Continues..

read more on my blog www.abfictionstories.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
it's interesting tale but the updates are coming so slow.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
correct,

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 21

His eyes went wide and for a minute there he felt like the world had come to an end. What did she mean by 'i am gone'? Won't he see her again? The note dropped from his hands, it took him another five minutes to realize his standing position won't yield him any positive result. He took his car keys and dashed out of the flat, straight to the security.
"Where is she?"
He was still meters away when he began to question the middle-aged man. The fat man hurried to meet Davies, the look on Davies face proved he had lost something precious.
"Who sir?"
"Coco?"
The guard had to think wide before he could match the cute ebony to the lady he granted permission to leave the mansion as Coco.
"Oh, that beautiful lady? She left already, she said you called her up to come join you at her favorite eatery"
Davies was becoming strange when he approached the man
"And you let her go?"
"Yes, sir she said..."
Davies interrupted when he grabbed the man by his neck. His eyes were red with pain.
"And you let her go you good for nothing fool!"
He raged in anger and let the guard go when he felt he was wasting more time, he was sure he would still catch up with her somehow.
"If I don't see her"
He spoke to the rest of the guards.
"I would kill all of you, you hear me!"
He dashed out and zoomed off in his car, his eyes pried through the windscreen of his car in search of Coco. Silently he prayed within him, he can't lose her, he wasn't sure if he would be able to live his normal life without her. Coco had succeeded in reaching to his heart, she can't just leave him like that.
Minutes later, he got stuck in traffic, he had tried to reach her cell phone but her line was switched off.
He hurried out of the car and ran with his legs, screaming her name on top of his voice. He met with everyone who gave him an audience.
"Have you seen any girl with dark brown eyes, a little tall, dark hair, she is really beautiful"
All the reply he got were negative until one had to ask.
"Where are your shoes mister? The weather is cold you might hurt yourself"
He looked down at his legs and realized he left his shoes in his car.
London is a big city, he didn't know where to start searching for her. Disappointed and broken he returned to the position he left his car and realized it had been towed away by the road officials, he wouldn't blame them, he parked his car wrongly.
The good thing has he had his wallet full of cash that could transport him back to the mansion. He could not tell how he felt, it was like a part of him went cold.
"What have you done to me Coco, why are you doing this to me? What kind of woman are you? Why do I feel this way?"
He muttered when he stood in front of the mansion barefooted.
The securities were sore afraid of what he might do to them, their jobs were at stake.
"He is back"
They whispered among themselves when they saw Davies stood like he was transfixed outside the gate.
Hours past he remained like that, they were becoming worried.
"Maybe he has gone mad, he is barefooted, and where is the car? We should inform sir Jake and the others before this gets out of hand"
One of them suggested as he hurried off.
"Davies? Are you okay?"
Jake called few meters away from Davies, he was close when Davies walked past him without uttering a word.
"Bruh where are your shoes?"
No answer still. He counted his steps to the flat and the moment he pushed the door open he saw Coco. Her hands twitched as she found words to express herself.
"Davies?" he stood with narrowed eyes, she couldn't tell what he had in mind, she couldn't tell if he was happy to see her, or if he was mad at her for leaving like that. She noticed his barefoot, they were sore, it proved he had been out in the cold without his shoes.
"Davies? I'm sorry I left like that, I shouldn't have done that, I should have waited till you were back and bid you farewell, that's the reason I came back, to officially thank you for all you've done for me"
Her mind chastised her, she knew she was lying to his face, she couldn't go a minute without thinking about him, she felt she would go mad. She had prepared her ticket for the next day while she lodged in a hotel. It was the right thing to do, it's not the first time she had left someone behind before, but somehow she couldn't shake him off her mind. She tried to sleep it off but it wasn't working.
"What is wrong with me?"
There was no one to reply her question. Finally, she decided to go back, but she needed an excuse, she didn't want him to think she came back because she was attached to him.
Davies remained quiet as he stood at the door.
"Hmm, I'll be going now?"
She started towards him and stopped face to face with him. There was nothing else to say, he wouldn't talk to her, she couldn't tell if her presence meant anything, he was blunt and emotionless.
She sighed and attempted to walk past him when he caught her arm. His voice was cold and full of hurt when he requested.
"Wash my feet, you made them cold when you left me"
She looked down to his feet again and realized they were bleeding. Her heart missed a bit, he had been out in the cold searching for her? What is wrong with this man, why is he so stubborn, she would only hurt him. She didn't stop the tears that welled up in her eyes.
"I'm sorry Davies"
She melted into his arms and sobbed.
"I'm sorry"
Jonas called his son again, it was already 24hours he sent for him. It was unlike Davies, except something went wrong.
"Hello Dad, I'm on my way"
Davies was finding it difficult to leave the house, he was scared Coco would leave again. She sensed his fear and assured him after stealing a long kiss.
"I won't leave again, I promise"
He took Jake's car after much persuasion and hurried to his father. The old man had a lot to say when he saw his son standing in front of him. But there was just one important fact he needed to know.
"What about the girl? You've sent her back?"
That was of utmost importance, he needed to know if his family was secure now. Davies has never disobeyed his orders, so he was expecting a positive response.
"No Dad"
The wrinkles on Jonas face tightened to a frown and he was going to rage when his secretary called.
"He is here"
"Oh okay please send him in"
He dropped the call and turned to Davies.
"We would talk about this later, sit and behave yourself, a very important business associate is here to talk business"
Davies obeyed and took his seat, he had made up his mind, there was nothing his father would say that would change his mind about Coco.
"Old man"
The supposed business partner entered with a big grin on his face, coupled with his bodyguards on each side.
"Well look who it is"
Jonas returned the pleasantries and went in for a hug. Davies' eyes went wide for shock, there was only one thing he was sure of now; his family is in for big trouble because the man he saw was the same man that has been Coco's worst nightmare, it was Edward.

©onyeneke Abel . September 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game
Continues.

visit www.abfictionstories.com to read more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 4:43am On Sep 24, 2018
It is getting interesting. nice one
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2018
hmmmm.

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 22

This is Edward, no doubt. Davies found it hard to breathe. He was in for big trouble, Edward was no longer a nightmare, he was now reality.

"And who is this small boy?"

Edward asked looking at Davies direction. Davies felt insulted, Edward didn't look older, infact, he was sure they would be on the same age range; he dares to address him as a small boy?

"Oh forgive my manners, that's my first son Davies, come on Davies"

Davies couldn't understand what his father saw in Edward that he treated the man as a king, how much does Edward have to give? How much money can Edward throw around? The guy is not even equal to his shoes, what's so special about him?

"Hi, nice meeting you"

Davies exchanged his hand for an handshake but Edward took a while to observe, like he remembered something.

"Your face looks familiar, have we met?"

Davies could hear as his heart missed a bit and throbbed hard against his chest. Many questions welled up in his mind, did Edward see him the other day with Coco? Or has Coco told Edward about him?

Jonas was quick to Interject when Davies opened his mouth to respond.

"Am not sure, my son is an Introvert, he doesn't associate with people"

Davies looked to his father's expression, the old man threw a wink at him to cooperate with his idea, he could only read one thing, fear. His father was afraid. 

"Why not excuse us, we want to talk business"

Edward said next and took his seat. Davies was reluctant to move, what was going on? He wasn't scared of what Edward might do; to him, Edward didn't look all that evil and dangerous as Coco had claimed.

Although Jonas' wink made him obey. He waited impatiently till the door opened and Edward came out with a smile.

"Small boy, I hope to meet you again, you have what I need anyway"

Davies frowned at his words, he had no words to reply Edward so he simply watched him till he disappeared into the elevator.

"Dad, what's going on?"

Jonas didn't hesitate to answer.

"He knows son, he knows everything about the plan crash, he knows I am responsible and he is blackmailing me for it"

Davies eyes went wide, he realised he was going to lose everything, his money, his life and Coco. Once Edward spills this dark secret to Coco, he would lose her for sure.

"Dad, that is Edward, the notorious criminal from Nigeria, the one you said is involved with Coco"

Davies made matters worst. His father shook in dismay as his weak hands tried to find his chair to sit.

"Oh no, we are finished, you've sent her back? The girl, you've sent her back?"

Davies sealed mouth meant only one thing, Coco was still in the mansion.

"Davies are you mad? Do you want to ruin this family? We are in deep shit already, you want to mess it up even more?"
"Dad I love her, and I am willing to fight for her"

Jonas held his head with his eyes wide open.

"Jesus, what have I done? Why did I allow this? I only wanted my sons to find true love since I didn't have to opportunity to"

He was thinking aloud and Davies was there to reply.

"And we found it already dad, all thanks to you"
"No Davies! No! Yours is forbidden, go home now and send that girl back to Nigeria"

Davies was quiet for a while and Jonas was beginning to think he had an headway but Davies slashed his hopes when he replied

"No"
"Then you leave me no choice"

Jonas words were suspicious that Davies had to ask.

"What do you mean Father? If you dare hurt her... You won't dare"

Jonas ignored and sat pensively. He instructed Davies be thrown out of his office when he persisted.

He had a plan of his own, it wasn't violence, but it would yield results, there is nothing money cannot do.

Davies was back home, he was a little scared to face Coco, he thought of revealing that Edward was already close to fishing them out, but the thought of losing her in the process waved the it off.

He had no plan, no defense whatsoever, but he was certain of one thing, he would fight for Coco, even if it meant giving up his life.

"Davies?"

Coco called when he switched on the light to reveal her folded on the bed.

"Davies I missed you"

She hurried and hugged him so tight like he was going to leave her. She had thought about it, she really can't tell if it was love she felt but she was sure of one thing, she can't live without this man, he was part of her already, she relies on him for emotional relief, he is always there when she needs him the most. 

"Davies?"

Her lips covered his when he attempted to say something, she kissed his deeply, his lips were food to her soul, it was an addiction, she felt contented whenever she touched it. She broke free, she was going to say it, she was going to say those three words that would change everything, finally she was going to tell him the words he desired to hear.

"Davies...Davies...I..."

But the maid interrupted the blissful moment.

"Sir, there is someone here to see you, it's urgent sir"
"Hold that thought"

Davies said and hurried downstairs. Coco felt like pulling a tooth or two from the maid that ruined her moment, she followed downstairs to see who must have interrupted them. It was a lady, a lady who she witnessed hugging Davies with tears pouring down her eyes.

"Davies, I missed so much, I can't believe this, this is you in flesh and blood, oh Davies, I love you so much Davies"

Coco was both confused and jealous, she burned with heat, Davies betrayed her already? he had an affair?

"Who is that?"

She questioned when Callis stood beside her with the same amazement written on his face. Callis ignored the small hatred he had for Coco at that moment, and with a frown he replied.

"That's Jane, Davies Ex fiancée"

©onyeneke Abel. September 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lobatan

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Tasheyon(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ejoo oo, update o can't wait to see d next episode.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by anyimpro(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
good job . keep it coming
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 23

'What is this I feel? Am not jealous, no am not jealous, am just angry because he had an ex and he didn't tell me'

Coco fought with her thoughts as she watched the supposed Jane all over Davies. She was so wrong, she thought she could make good memories before the deal expires. She thought she could love him for the little time they had left, but now she watched her wishes wash off before her eyes. The woman she saw was one she read to be desperate, so desperate that she would do anything to have Davies.

And the painful thing was Davies was mute, he didn't say anything, he permitted the woman to hug and place kisses all over his face. She couldn't take it anymore, she counted her steps back upstairs unnoticed.

"Jane?"
"Yes it's me"

Davies was still in shock, this was the woman he loved so dearly, a woman who he was willing to give anything in world, this was the woman he worshipped and cared for, this was the woman he treated like a queen. But then, this was the same woman that made him feel worthless, she never cared about his feelings, she made him look like a inexperience lover boy, she broke his ego, she made him cold, she broke his heart. Now she stood before him in flesh and blood, what was he supposed to do? It took him several years to move past the hurt, it took him painful days to look past the scars and now! She loves him?

"Get your hands off me"

His face tightened to a frown, he was dead serious and she could see it. He didn't notice his brothers watching the scene from behind. The whole family were witness to what he had gone through. His experience had prompted his brothers decide never to be involved with a woman.

"That's Jane right, the woman that made my brother mad?"

Jake questioned with both hands tucked in his pocket.

"What is it Davies? I missed you"
"Me too"

Davies muttered like he was transfixed; Jane eyes lit in hope, both brothers who stood behind couldn't believe what they heard.

"Oh my God, don't tell me Davies is willing to travel down the rocky path again"

Callis lamented.
"You did?" Jane questioned and placed both hands on his shoulders.

"No, I miss the me that came before you, the me that wasn't so broken, the me that laughed more and hated less, the me you didn't destroy"

His reply made her smiles disappear as fast as it came.

"Davies I am sorry, I was confused, I really loved you but I didn't realize on time, I realized this when it was already late, Davies please, I am here now and I would never leave you again"

Tears began to pour from her eyes again.

"Jane, leave this house now, before I change my mind"

Davies closed the dialogue and started upstairs. 

"Davies?" She cried and attempted to run after him but his brothers were there for the defence.

"No way lady"

Jake took front and stopped her with an unfriendly smirk

"Let me through"

She grew bossy with her request.

"Are you mad? Through to where? Why are you here huh? To bring trouble again? You ain't satisfied huh? You bitch!"

Callis was not careful with his words, he pushed her through the threshold and slammed the door against her.

"And stay off!"

He shouted at the closed door.

"Coco?" Coco remained quiet still, Davies had called several times but she remained quiet.

He made a move to touch her but she gently removed his hands off her waist. She was still trying to be calm and polite, although flames burned from within her.

"Where is Jane?"

Her question made him realize where the problem was coming from.

He couldn't help but chuckle.

"Wait, are you jealous?"

His question made her realize that her emotions were betraying her already, she quickly averted her eyes and stood up to pace.

"Me? Am not jealous, I...I'm just...you know, I am happy for you"

She stood with folded arms; it took another minute of an uncomfortable silence to reveal that her excuse was unreasonable.

"Ok Davies I am jealous, like you betrayed me ok, you betrayed me, and you said you loved me but out there all you could do was enjoy all that woman did, she was all over you, kissing and hugging you and you were there enjoying it! So much for your professed love!"

She couldn't catch her breathe for a while, she was burning in hate, she wasn't used to being jealous, she had never being jealous over any man, this was her first time. He was still quiet with a smile on his face, and for some reason it infuriated her the more.

"Why are you smiling? Oh this is a joke? I'm a joke now? Say something! Tell me you don't love her, or that you didn't enjoy her kisses, or you pushed her away! Just say anything, even if it's a lie, say it, I don't know how I feel now, say anything to make me feel better"

Her folded arms where tightened against her chest, her breathing was unstable. 

"Coco"

He muttered and started towards her, she was supposed to hit or push him away from her but she couldn't, her legs only grew weak.

"I love you, I love only you, does that answer your questions?"

He was standing before her, she could feel his breathe on her lips.

"Only you Coco, no one can replace you, no one, no situation, not even the greatest pain, or the deepest fear, nothing can replace you"

Coco could not understand herself.

'What is this man doing to me?'

His words sank deep into her soul, it was just words yet her whole system reacted to it. She found herself muttering jargons, and when he touched her jaw, she let out an uneased sigh; an unusual Cold crept from her legs to her lips.

He was going to kiss her but he hesitated and breathe on her lips until she could not bare the torment. 

"Davies, kiss me"

The words escaped her mouth before she realised, she regretted but waved it off.

"Do you love me Coco? Would you fight for me too? In any situation, against anybody, would you?"

There was no point denying it anymore, there was point lying to herself. 

"I love you, I love Davies, I love you so much"
©onyeneke Abel. October all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2018
Coco and Davice had found love in each other. Nice one. Thanks
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by anyimpro(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2018
you are a good wordsmith. keep it coming please, I cant have enough.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hmmmm

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 24

Davies couldn't resist the feeling of fulfilment that graced his heart, finally he had Coco where he wanted her to be; finally, she chose to love him.

He soothed her cheek with his palms and placed a kiss on her forehead. She desired something more, she desired his lips, it was like a drug to her now. She was getting impatient already, maybe he had forgotten what he was supposed to do.

"Davies, kiss me"

She requested again with her eyes closed in wait for his lips, she didn't want to see the expression on his face, all she wanted was his lips. And he granted her wish, he touched her lips and ignited her desires to burn even more. She let out a sigh of relief and drew him closer. She wasn't satisfied with the clothes he had on, she wanted full access to his body, with shaky hands she unbuttoned his shirt and brought him closer to feel the warmth of his body. He shifted his arms around her and held her against the wall. His lips trailed down to her neck, she moaned a little and dug her hands into his full hair.

"Hello sir"

The maid was there to interrupt.

"Hello sir"

The voice came again, this time a little louder. They broke free breathlessly, each still burning with desires. Coco couldn't understand what that maid really wanted, she felt she needed to keep a close watch on the girl, to her, the girl was bad news, she was a perfect moment ruiner!

"Sir it's sir Jonas, he wants to see you sir, it's urgent"

Davies picked his shirt when he heard it was his father, his father a lot of explaining to do, first on how Jane found him in the mansion.

"Must you go? Oh sorry it's your Father, you should go"

Davies looked to Coco, he understood she craved for him and he was glad for that.

'Finally she wants me'

He thought.

'Wait till she discovers your Father murdered her parents!'

Another thought stole the thrill he felt.

"Oh love, just give me a minute, I would be back in a jiffy"

He hurried out and stood for a while to calm his heartbeat. What if she finds out? What happens then?

"Dad how did Jane get here?"

He attacked the old man the moment he entered the car.

"She is the woman for you"

That was Jonas' excuse.

"What? Dad you would result to that now? You know what that woman put me through..."

Jonas interrupted with a frown, he didn't care what  Davies had gone through, what was at stake was of greater importance.

"Yes! Yes Davies I don't care and I will send her to you over and over again until you come back to your senses and send that girl back to Nigeria!"

Davies had tried to remain calm but he lost it.

"And what happens then? Huh! You cover up your sins?! Huh!"
"No! I'll protect my family! I chose to protect my family over some stupid love, if you are man enough you would understand and do the same"

Jonas was now thinking Coco might have done something to his son, maybe a spell or something to trap Davies. Davies had always been the obedient one, he couldn't understand how that changed within few days.

"No father, a real man fight for what he wants, he stands up to face his problem not run from it"

Silence enveloped for a while until Jonas spoke up.

"And you think she loves you? She is using you boy, I paid her one million dollars per day to make you fall for her, don't be foolish, the girl is only after your money"

Jonas could read the shock on Davies face and he was glad he finally penetrated.

"No, you are saying this to...."
"It's the truth son, you can ask her, she won't dare deny it"

Davies thoughts were conflicted, as he walked back to the flat he pondered on what his father said. She was paid to make him fall in love with her? How could she do this to him? Why would she deceive him for money? Maybe is father was right, she is just a gold digger. He felt hurt but tried to tame the feeling, he was yet to confirm his father's accusation.

"Davies?"

He met her seated with her cell phone with fear in her eyes. His initial anger melted instantly.

"What is it Coco?"
"He called" she responded in a low tone.

"Who called?"
"Edward called, he knows i am here with you... Davies, it has begun, he is going to kill you all"

©onyeneke Abel. October 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues.

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 10:44am On Oct 05, 2018
Hmmmmm

OP tanks for the update
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Hantonia(f): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2018
Speechless op tank u
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 25

*30 minutes earlier*
"Why is he taking so long?" Coco thought, the movie she tried to watch to fill in for Davies absence wasn't working as planned. She still desired him, she craved for him. She rolled her eyes continuously and sighed in boredom, she tried looking out the window, she could see the car metres away, Davies wasn't anywhere near.

"What's so important huh? Maybe they are talking about me"

She soliloquized and paced to and fro. She noticed her cell phone beep twice, she had missed a call.

"Oh shit, 5 missed call! How come I didn't here this damn thing ring, Davies this is your fault, you are in my head stupid!"

She was about to call back when the phone rang again.

"Hello?"

There was no response, she withdrew to check if the call ended already or if she mistakenly muted the call, but all seemed fine.

"Hello?" She called again.
"Hello love" Her hands froze, her lips went dry for a sudden cold that crept to her entire body. She couldn't find any word to say, she stuttered and muttered jargons.

"You miss me?" Her heart that throbbed so fast against her chest was the only response she had to give, she remained mute, even the nerves to end the call was somehow difficult.

"I know where you are, and I am coming to get you"

The call ended and Davies entered.

*NOW*
"Coco calm down, maybe you heard wrong, like how did he get your contact number? And I still find it difficult to believe that he knows you are here"

Davies knew the inevitable had happened already, but he still tried to ease Coco to worry less.

'Small boy, I hope to meet you again, you have what I need anyway'

Edwards' words replayed in Davies head. He realized now, Edward knew Coco was in the mansion, he knew all this while.

"What are you saying Davies? This is Edward we are talking about here"

She paused and took another look at him.

"You don't even know what he is capable of so I won't blame you for saying all this"

Coco said and stood up to the bedroom. He followed to see her packing her stuffs.

"Where are you going?"
"I have to get out of here, it's no longer safe for any of you"

Her reply felt like a sting to his heart.

"Please Coco, let me think of something, we can do this, together, we can fight Edward"

Coco dropped her bags to face Davies, if he wasn't dressed up well she would conclude he had gone mad.

"Davies how many times would I say this? Felix is not someone you can toil with, just let me go"

She resumed packing her stuffs as Davies stood trying to think of something else to convince her with.

"Coco please, you just said you love me, how can you leave me then, that would kill me"
"I love you Davies, that's the reason I have to leave to protect you, if I love you, I won't stay here, because staying with you now is worse than death"

She replied while she turned her back to him. Soon she was all set and ready to leave.

"Please Davies step out of the way"

He made a slight move and she was thinking he would let her go but then he caught and hugged her from behind. Her bags dropped from her hands as tears dropped from her eyes.

"Please Coco, stay with me, even if it's just for this night, stay with me"

She thought about it, although she wasn't sure if it was safe but she was equally finding it difficult to leave. Reluctantly she agreed and drop her bags. It was evening already, she was pretty sure there won't be any fun plans, not now when she had Edward registered in her thoughts, she resolved to just take a good look at him so she could always have a picture in her mind when she leaves.

"Come"

It's been hours in silence, and Coco was prepared to let it last till the next day but the sound of his sultry voice change her plans.

She didn't hesitate to follow him as he led the way to the bathroom.

"Pull of your clothes"

Instantly she remembered the night he forced her clothes off her body and bathed her. She obeyed and took of her clothes.

"Come, lie still"

He led her to the bathing tub and made her sink into the warm water.

He picked a soap and ran it through her hair, he was actually washing her hair. No man had did that before, and damn! He was so good at it! The way he ran his hands through the wet tendrils of her hair aroused her hormones.

He slowly ran the soap down her neck and washed her clean. She was expecting more to happen but all he did was bath her again. He dried her body, picked her into his arms and placed her on the bed.

Without saying a word he left to take his bath. She couldn't understand how this man could see her naked, how he could touch every private part of her body and still withstand the urge to have her. Is he human? She thought. 

"Why didn't you have sex with me? Like I was weak in your web, I was ready for the take, I wouldn't mind, not that I have the strength to resist you"

She asked when she laid on his chest.

"It's you I love, not your body, it's you I want to keep, not your body. If this is the last night we would be together, then I don't want you to remember me for the sex, I want you to remember me as a man who loves you, as a man who adores you and who would do anything to keep you"

Coco felt her whole world spin, she felt mesmerized by this man, she hugged him so tight, she didn't want to let go. She didn't know what to feel, she felt both sad and happy. Happy because she found true love, sad because it wouldn't last.

"Davies, I love you"
"Then don't leave me"
"Davies please I have to, please understand"

The dialogue ended with a sigh, She slept in his arms and when he woke up the next morning, all he saw was a piece of paper and an empty bed.

He picked it up and read the three words she wrote down.

"I love you"

Something dropped from his eyes to wet the paper, it was tears.

"No, no Coco don't leave me, no Coco"

He hurried downstairs in his pyjamas to find his brothers entertaining a stranger in the dinning room.

"Hey Davies, come over here" Callis called from the dinning room.

Davies was sure of what he saw, it was that same man.

"Meet Edward, he said he is here to see Coco"

©onyeneke Abel . October all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues.

2 Likes

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2018
Coco is a smart girl. Thanks for the update.
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by skubido(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Coco way don Move,, dey there dey wait oooo.

Aja Coco ti gbera

OP u too much
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Ann2012(f): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
skubido:
Coco way don Move,, dey there dey wait oooo.

Aja Coco ti gbera

OP u too much

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 26
"Edward?"

Jake eyes narrowed to a frown, he stood up as he placed both hands on his waist.

"You've met him before?"

Edward was there to answer.

"Yeah, countless times"

He stood up and started towards Davies 

"Where is my girl Davies?"

He asked with a smile on his face. His smile was quite friendly but Davies knew there was an ulterior motive.

He made his way past him and picked Jake's phone on the dinning table before he answered.

"She is gone, she left this morning"

Edward smiled again with both hands in his pocket.

"Maybe you didn't hear me, where is Coco?"

Jonas could hear Edward's voice through the phone, Davies had called without saying anything. Jonas listened and the moment he heard Edward's voice he hurried to the mansion, he understood it was a voice of trouble.

"And i can only say the same thing, She is gone Edward, she left this morning"
"She is gone?" Callis questioned.

"What are you saying Davies, if the bitch is in some kind of trouble hand her over"

Callis continued and ignored even as Davies tried to communicate to him. He fathomed Coco to be in some kind of trouble, he didn't understand why his brother would chose to shield her, but not under his watch anyway, this would be his little way to have revenge on Coco.

The sound of the gun Edward dug out brought the boys to their knees. He release a bullet to Jake's arm and another to the large plasma hanging behind him.

Jake screamed for pain and fainted when he slipped off the chair.

"I don't like to play silly games kid, so I would ask again, where is my girl?"

Callis could feel something wet between his legs, it took him another minute to discover he had peed on his trousers.

"Edward!"

It was Jonas, the old man was on his heels as he hurried to shield his boys.

"Edward this wasn't the deal, you promised not to kill my boys"
"Yeah I did, and that's the reason he still breathes air"

Edward was pointing to Jake.

"All I need is my girl and I am outta here"

Jonas furious eyes turned to Davies

"Give him the girl"

Davies held his head, he didn't understand why no one believed him.

"Dad she is gone, I swear she left this morning before I woke up"

Jonas saw the truth in his son's eyes. He turned to Edward who still had his gun held up.

"Please Edward, he is telling the truth, the girl is gone already"

Edward withdrew his gun, and with his usual smile he replied.

"Well then, you all have a job now, I need Coco in the next 24 hours or the the deal is off, and you would all kiss the grave, one by one"

Edward was gone, and an uncomfortable stood till Jonas said out loud.

"Call the ambulance!"

The maid who hid for her life, hurried out of her hiding place and called for the ambulance as instructed. Good thing was the girls had gone for shopping that morning.

"Dad..."
"Don't you dare Dad me, you brought this upon my  family, I warned you didn't I? But you wouldn't listen! Because of your foolishness!"

Jonas didn't give Davies the chance to utter a word.

"Now call the girl"

Davies had resolved to keep Coco from Edward. There was no way he would give Coco to such a Dangerous person.

"Dad, I am going to call the police. There is no way I would give Coco to Edward"

The anger that burned through Jonas was one no words could express...he landed a slap across Davies cheek.

"You are mad, you hear me? You have gone mad!"

Callis was in Davies' flat already. There's no way he would die for some trash Davies picked from Nigeria.

He searched for the number in Davies' cell phone and called through his own phone.

"Hello who is this?
"Hello it's me Callis, Coco you have to come back now, there is this mad guy. He shot Jake and he is going to kill us all if you don't come back"

Coco ended the call, her heart throbbed against her chest, she stood before and airport already but Davies filled her heart.

"Oh on, Davies"

She turned back and stopped a taxi.

"Dad until when huh? When would you stop cowering before Edward? He is a man! Not a god and he bleeds!"

Jonas was going to land another slap on Davies when Jane interrupted.

"What the hell happened here?"

Davies hissed on seeing her and hurried to Jake. He picked Jake into his arms and whisk past her, straight to the ambulance that got into the compound.

Jane hurried after him and followed into the van, while Callis and Jonas followed in the Jeep parked in the compound.

"What are you doing here Jane, I don't love you, I will never love you, I love someone else now so stop wasting your precious time just give up"

His pyjamas was soaked with Jake's blood already. He was less concerned about her presence.

"Listen Davies"

Jane grabbed his arm suddenly.

"I must have you, no one else will, I would rather die than let anyone else have you. You hear me? I would even kill whoever or whatever stands in my way"

©onyeneke Abel. October all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues
What happens next?
Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by aprilwise(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2018
I don't understand the deal Edward have with the family. Coco has become the bait. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2018
LOVE IS A GAME

CHAPTER 27

"Are you mad? Get your hands of me you witch!"

Davies raged at desperate Jane that she shivered.

"Easy sir"

He was warned before he realised he was in an ambulance.

"This should be the last time you hold me like that, you hear me?"

He warned and turned to his brother when Jane remained mute.

"Ma'am! Ma'am!!"

The securities called when Coco breezed past them, they had the boldness to come out of their hiding place now.

"What is it? Is Davies in? I want to see Davies"

Coco was going to whisk off when they called after her.

"They left for the hospital!"

She stopped and dug out her cell phone; minutes later she dashed out of the mansion after getting a perfect description from Callis. 

"God please, keep Davies for me. I warned you Davies but you wouldn't listen"

She soliloquized while in a taxi.

"Please can you speed up, you are too slow"

She lashed at the middle aged man handling the steering.

"Well maybe you should get your own car so you won't have to ride in my slow car anymore, asshole"

She tightened her grip and felt like smacking a tooth off the man's mouth, but the thought of Davies was of utmost importance.

"Just speed up okay, I would appreciate that"

Jonas paced uncomfortably, many disturbing thoughts plagued his mind. Why would all these happen now, why would the sins of the past decide to hunt him now, why now? After all these years.

"Doctor!"

The doctor was out and all three men including Jane hurried to him with curious minds.

"He is going to be fine, he just lost a little blood,  nothing few vegetables can't handle"

They all sighed in relief, Davies had the time to deal with the pest clinging to him now.

"Okay you can go now Jane"

He turned to Jane with a bitter frown.

"She is going nowhere"

Jonas came to Jane's defense. Jane was the only way to wade off Coco, so he thought. Once Coco sees just how clinging Jane can be, eventually she would give up and somehow, Davies would come to love Jane again, afterall, first love never dies.

"What? Dad?"
"Yes son, she is the one for you, not Coco"

Jane smiled broadly at Jonas words and Coco could hear him clearly since she was already close.

Callis had to speak up now, he couldn't believe his father would want to put Davies through another trauma, what was his father up to.

"Dad I can't believe..."

His words got stuck when he saw Coco.

"Hallelujah the bait is here!"

He finished up his words and got everyone looking in Coco's direction.

"Coco" Davies muttered, his heart suddenly throbbed so fast, it happens anytime he saw her, it happens anytime he touches her. Despite Jane's efforts to hold him back he hurried to Coco and hugged her so tight like he was going to lose her.

"Coco, please you have to leave"

He warned the next moment. Jonas couldn't look at Coco's direction, this was the girl he rendered homeless, the girl he made an orphan, the girl he pushed into the streets to be traumatised, how could he bear to face her. But then, he needed her to save his family, he wouldn't mind if she dies in the process, Edward can do anything he wants with her, his family comes first.

"Get your hands off him you bitch"

Jane raged towards them, the jealousy that burned from within her was one that could cause havoc.

She pushed Coco from Davies and landed a slap on her face.

Coco didn't have to think twice, without hesitation she returned the slap with greater force that Jane staggered with a tear on her lips.

All three men froze at the scene and simply let the two ladies handle themselves for a while.

"What the hell?"

Jane realised her lips were bleeding already, she charged at Coco hoping to have revenge but Coco was way off her league. She caught Jane's arm this time, twisted and swept her off her feet to land her hard on the bare tiles.

Jane lost consciousness immediately, Callis hurried to call for the nurse, Jonas realised Coco was as dangerous as his researchers had presumed, Davies smiles proved he was proud of his wife.

"Bitch" Coco cursed and watched as Jane was towed away to an emergency Ward for resuscitation.

"Davies I have to go with him, it's the only way"

Coco tried convincing Davies when they got back home. They all sat waiting for Edward who had been contacted to come pick Coco.

"Davies please listen to her, the guy is going to kill us"

Callis joined in, he didn't understand why is brother would be so adamant about the issue. This was a matter of life and death, when would Davies realise that. Jonas had sent Violet and Stacy out of the country immediately, he planned to do the same to his sons once Jake was out of the hospital.

"Mind your business you dick!"

Davies lashed at him and turned to Coco, Jonas was strangely quiet, only Davies understood the reason for his sudden silence, he wouldn't dare speak to Coco.

"Coco please, I would contact the police, we would let the police handle this, Callis and my father would leave the country for a while, Jake would be transported out of the country to receive treatment as well. We can win this"

Coco shook her head, Davies was blinded by his love for her, she could see it. He wasn't thinking straight, he wasn't fully aware of what Edward was capable of.

"Listen Davies, before Edward came over to this house to request for me, he had taken care of all these options, don't you wonder why he took his time before he came over here? Like he knew I've been here all this while, Edward is...."
"Is your nightmare, your scariest dream and your fated calamity"

Edward arrived to finish up her words.

Coco froze in fear, her devilish past stood right in front of her.

With both hands tucked in his pocket and with his usual smiled he muttered.

"Hello love"

©onyeneke Abel. October 2018 all rights reserved.
Love is a game

Continues

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Separate Worlds . . . (feat THE ROCK5555) / Forbidden / Condemned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.