Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Was I Childish? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Childish? (2237 Views)

I'm I Being Childish Trying To Sex Chat My Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Is Behaving Childish And Strange / Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Childish? by queenice7(f): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
happy Sunday people!! am this kinda person that I don't like taken advantage of, I like airing my mind and I don't like people doing to me what I won't do to them or say to them. last Sunday was my fellowship send forth I.e I was sent forth as per final year, we wore the same ankara uniform of which everyone admired our various styles. now this Sunday was my bestie send forth also, coz we are in different fellowship. she was looking fabulous as well and everyone was admiring her as well, I was present and I also made a remark that she was looking nice. now my room mate now made a statement that my bestie was looking better than I was last Sunday. there was a sudden silence in the room after this statement.
now, I didn't feel jealous or anything like that, I just felt that wasn't right. I mean, she making that kinda statement in my presence, if it were in my absence and maybe she was asked to compare it in my presence, it would av been fine. now me feeling bad about it and feeling like correcting her instead of keeping grudges against her or sth. I drew her attention to it, tryna make her understand where she was wrong but this almost brought an unpleasant verbal exchange between us. she kept insisting that she like saying her mind and if I don't like it I should forget it, was so rude. now, we don't av issues before but she's this kind of person that feels she should be outspoken, and this caused her not to know how to talk. the issue is that, after the whole thing, I felt I shouldn't av confronted her, I felt the whole thing turned childish coz she didn't understand it from my point of view, she felt I was jealous. what do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by wilybebsy(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yes
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
You were very childish
Re: Was I Childish? by Nofav0rs(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
But why do girls like being lied to? You'd have preferred your roommate deceived you. Smh
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
You like speaking your mind but you have something against someone else speaking their own mind.
That's childish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was I Childish? by Lalas247(f): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
So what was the issue?
The fact you didn’t get compliment and your friend did sad na wa o
Re: Was I Childish? by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
cool

She juz told u the truth & the truth HURTS.

But the good thing is, at least you've heard straight from her.. She may sound tactless but at least she didn't go around & gossip telling others that ur friend is looking better than u..

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by Adasun(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
u are jealous.accept it or not
Re: Was I Childish? by purem(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
@OP That lady is the best friend you ever have

She just told you the truth and nothing more

If I where you I had laugh it off immediately at the spot

I think you're somehow jealous

You couldhave confronted her in a jovial manner

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by Homeboiy: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
Relax and wait for her own day
give her a truthful clap back

That's it
Re: Was I Childish? by queenice7(f): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
purem:
@OP That lady is the best friend you ever have

She just told you the truth and nothing more

If I where you I had laugh it off immediately at the spot

I think you're somehow jealous

You couldhave confronted her in a jovial manner

you guys don't understand the story. the thing is that she wasn't asked to compare the two of us. she just said it out of... its just like, imagine now you drew sth and people admired it and commented that it was fine, now weeks passed and another person drew and the same thing happened. now there was no necessacity for comparism whatsoever, but someone said to the face of the first drawer that the arts of the second was better than his... put yourself in the shoe of the guy, how would you feel. seeing that that comparism in ur presence wasn't necessary.

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by LordKO(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Don't allow anyone here or elsewhere to guilt trip you. You weren't childish, instead your opponent was both childish and devious. Her said action amounted to presumptuousness rather than outspokenness - be wary of her, because she harbours malice against you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was I Childish? by lilmax(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
don't stress, you say final year abi? you don finish na, just bear and avoid every issue with her

there's no time for BS, you didn't receive the Truth as people said, you just received an irresponsible and careless comment from her which was said to bring you down and that right there is the definition of being "childish"

ignore the crappy comments above

3 Likes

Re: Was I Childish? by pafo(m): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
What she told you might not necessarily be the truth as you should know who is more/less pretty than you are. But women are like that and you should simply let it go irrespective of how u feel.

Its called being matured.
Re: Was I Childish? by iRepNaija1: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
cool

She juz told u the truth & the truth HURTS.

But the good thing is, at least you've heard straight from her.. She may sound tactless but at least she didn't go around & gossip telling others that ur friend is looking better than u..

She wasn't speaking the truth. The roommate was expressing an opinion.

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by iRepNaija1: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
OP, your roommate was tactless, plain and simple. And people who are tactless attempt to mask their rudeness under the guise of "speaking the truth." Don't listen to what others here are saying. She wasn't speaking the truth. 2+2=4 is the truth. Nigeria being part of the African continent is the truth. We've developed into a society where people think it's appropriate to say whatever comes to mind without thinking about the consequences. Some people will never learn to shut up and keep certain things to themselves. The best way to deal with people like that is to ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by iLegendd(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Reading...

Modified: No. Changed my mind. Not reading.
Re: Was I Childish? by mgtow: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
You were childish in your reply, yes. But you were correct in the fact that your roomie didn't have to make such an unnecessary comparison. As a matter of fact, she said such out of spite and such a person is not your friend. Always take note of people that aren't your friends as they eventually reveal themselves just as this one did.

It's too bad you fell into her trap by reacting the way you did, but next time learn to laugh things off and don't be so sensitive. Learn to laugh at yourself and poke fun at your own flaws, this will help you manage awkward situations like this cos no one is perfect.

Ignore those useless comments above, women always being catty.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Childish? by Cholls(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
my sister fvck them you are the shinning star amongst them. next time punch that mudafvcka that want to make u to feel less of a person. in short, and as a mata of urgency don't fvck with those friends anymore. make new friends who don't hit two heads
Re: Was I Childish? by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
mgtow:
You were childish in your reply, yes. But you were correct in the fact that your roomie didn't have to make such an unnecessary comparison. As a matter of fact, she said such out of spite and such a person is not your friend. Always take note of people that aren't your friends as they eventually reveal themselves just as this one did.

It's too bad you fell into her trap by reacting the way you did, but next time learn to laugh things off and don't be so sensitive. Learn to laugh at yourself and poke fun at your own flaws, this will help you manage awkward situations like this cos no one is perfect.

Ignore those useless comments above, women always being catty.

You are WISE.
Re: Was I Childish? by ibkayee(f): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
The fact that there was a sudden silence in the room shows that you weren't the only person who found the comment awkward. There's a difference between her saying your friend looks 'great' for example and her saying 'she looked better than so and so', the comment was unnecessary in my opinion and didn't add anything to the conversation to be honest.

Being 'outspoken' doesn't mean you have to lack tact and this is the issue with a lot of 'self proclaimed' 'outspoken' people, they confuse just being flat out rude for being 'straightforward'.

Did you draw her attention to it in private or in front of people at the time she said it? Unless you made a big scene in from of everyone, I don't think you were being childish, and even then it wouldn't be the fact that you addressed it, rather the manner in which it was addressed i.e. flaring up, shouting etc...and even that I wouldn't even call that 'childish', just 'over the top'.

She sounds like the unwarranted/unnecessary comment when no one asked her under the guise of being blunt type, careful of people like her lol they aren't harmful per se, just pesky people you may not care for in your environment

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by Wilfredpat22(f): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
YOU ARE A SMALL GIRL
Re: Was I Childish? by Sanemind(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordKO:
Don't allow anyone here or elsewhere to guilt trip you. You weren't childish, instead your opponent was both childish and devious. Her said action amounted to presumptuousness rather than outspokenness - be wary of her, because she harbours malice against you.
l tink we perfectly do understand, u rily acted childish,if na guys now na laf we for just laf,and dats the end
Re: Was I Childish? by LordKO(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=Sanemind

Don't you think that you quoted the wrong person?
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
Small matter though. I dont think I'll see any guy worrying about this kinda matter.
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lol Women drama.

Let me enact the male version for you.

Me: Guy you looking dope as fvck
Friend: you know how it is
Roommate: He looks better dressed than you last Sunday, you wore rubbish
Me: guy free me

The end

Anyway you said roommate so am assuming university so you kids are still young.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Childish? by donstan18: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
Women and their unnecessary beef and wahala. Always making a big deal out of little things.

They are just scared of negative comments, always wanting it sweet and positive.

Op, you are not childish, you'll only be tagged childish if were a guy. Your reaction was typical of ladies.

If that simple comment can cause unnecessary wahala, what will then happen if she fries your 4 eggs?

1 Like

Re: Was I Childish? by swiz123(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
You weren't childish; your friend was.

She was saying the truth, fine. But who asked her? Did you? Or did you guys argue about it before?

Girls just like being stupid.
Re: Was I Childish? by Gaspardd(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Y'all are bunch of retards.
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
swiz123:
You weren't childish; your friend was.

She was saying the truth, fine. But who asked her? Did you? Or did you guys argue about it before?

Girls just like being stupid.

If the op can't have a thick skin, then she better prepares for the work environment where you will hear more harsher things, if that's the mountain she wants to die on. People are too sensitive these days must be the maggi making people edgy.
Re: Was I Childish? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
Gaspardd:
Y'all are bunch of retards.

I concur

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Some Ladies Find It Hard To Appreciate A Good Guy. / Money Ritual. I Need A Way Forward / Chika Ike Flaunts Her Voluptuous Thighs In New Dance Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.