Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist (19657 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Let me be brief here. You consciously prefer to let your bias dictate your seriously flawed conclusions. That is why you exchanged superior truth for a knockdown version devoid of power.

You are not street smart sir, how come you can't recognize an atheist disguised as a Christian ? They even have defrauded their way to positions as pastors. Thousands of them discrediting the divinity of Jesus, the miracles of Jesus etc.

It is shameful to witness atheists pretend that they want to know the truth about the Greatest man to have ever walked this forsaken planet

Oga u are right, I am wrong
Any other thing,abeg free me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
So you say he is not an as.hole because its Sunday? What would you call a spade on a public holiday?

Fine say whatever u like
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Try to pity me more than that because I pity you more than you pity me.

Darkchild, I am still waiting for your answer to my question.. What will you call a spade on a public holiday?
Your answer will reveal why no evidence of God is good enough for you.
How many times do u have to quote the same post,I have heard nah
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
darkchild64:

How many times do u have to quote the same post,I have heard nah
I have not seen your reply yet. Sorry dude.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
darkchild64:

Oga u are right, I am wrong
Any other thing,abeg free me
No no no. You were right sir. I simply gave my observation from a different angle. You know by now that I am not in the business of converting anyone. I have never tried it, I never will try it because it is against what Jesus warns against.
Which means if you are in prison, I can't free you. But I will ask the warden to pass on a barrel of Kentucky into your cell, no problem.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Is it possible for us to approach this topic from a different perspective ? We all know that no evidence will lead to consensus so we should not labour to convince but for the sake of polite conversation we may contribute facts that point beyond mere logic or coincidence we have Theists and Atheists to entertain.

Example 1

Deaths of Famous People Who Mocked God, Here are some men and women who mocked God:
John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before, during an interview with an American Magazine, he said: “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple. Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During A show in Canecio (Rio de Janeiro), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

Christians who didn't mock God still die in this same way (s).

Nothing special.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Christians who didn't mock God still die in this same way (s).

Nothing special.
OK. Now that I understand the basic logic used by you to arrive at your conclusion of what I posted, I will expand go further and expand the consequences of death far beyond what you can understand this decade.I do this mostly for others that know.

Briefly : death for those that love God is very different from those that mock God. Both coffins can lay side by side, but there are things going on that you may never know.

Because of your hatred for Christianity, I will direct you to other sources where you can find out what the difference between those two dead persons are.
Speak to high level Satanists, various spiritualists or Juju practioners because they use the spirits of God mockers to do their dirty work. They will tell you that they can never call up the spirit of person in the other coffin.

I won't labour the point. Show our brief dialogue to those practioners and see who will share their secrets.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:
Obgbeni stop fighting a lost battle.

Why aren't atheist denying the existence of the Sun and Moon? Why aren't atheist denying the existence of microbes and gravity?

You know very well that all the evidence provided for God are ALL MADE UP, that is why you are throwing this empty gimmicks and lame excuses.

If there is evidence for God you will NOT be telling people about it. It will be self evident . Nobody argues about the existence of the sun.
Please do air exist? Just askin tho undecided
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
We know that there is no 'air' in water in a form that humans have a need for, and we know that humans can't live without a particular component of 'air'. So, let's test the existence of air, shall we, and I suggest two tests to avoid error and reach conclusion.

Test 1
Fill a bucket with ordinary tap water. Place your head in the bucket of water so that your nose and mouth are completely submerged. Remain in this position for exactly five minutes and then make a post on here please. Your post would be suitable evidence of the existence of air or not, or at least show its own importance for your continued existence.

After which we shall proceed to test 2 to determine conclusively whether air exists or not.

I shall be following you just so I do not miss your immediate post after this, and in case you forget to quote or mention me in it!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
budaatum:

We know that there is no 'air' in water in a form that humans have a need for, and we know that humans can't live without a particular component of 'air'. So, let's test the existence of air, shall we, and I suggest two tests to avoid error and reach conclusion.

Test 1
Fill a bucket with ordinary tap water. Place your head in the bucket of water so that your nose and mouth are completely submerged. Remain in this position for exactly five minutes and then make a post on here please. Your post would be suitable evidence of the existence of air or not, or at least show its own importance for your continued existence.

After which we shall proceed to test 2 to determine conclusively whether air exists or not.

I shall be following you just so I do not miss your immediate post after this, and in case you forget to quote or mention me in it!
But we dont have to test the sun or moon before we know they exist
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by dalaman: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:

What has air got to do with God? Air exist but Gods are imaginary.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

And do you see it NO. Bt rather you feel it
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
But we dont have to test the sun or moon before we know they exist
Yes we do!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
budaatum:

Yes we do!
Then how? Bkos the sun can be seen and felt(radiation). Those who believe in GOD might not have seen him but have felt his presence before and am sure you cant determine the taste of something until you taste it. That's my opinion though. Am a new member so please take it easy on me bro grin
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

Yes AIR also are imaginary but because its been felt that's why we believe it do exist. Christains might not be able to see their GOD but they feel him cool. You testify of what you've seen and felt. So i think they've felt him that why they believe he exists. I rest my case
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
Then how? Bkos the sun can be seen and felt(radiation). Those who believe in GOD might not have seen him but have felt his presence before and am sure you cant determine the taste of something until taste it. That's my opinion though. Am a new member so please take it easy on me bro grin
To check for the moon, right now, just go outside and look up. Hopefully, it's not cloudy where you are, and you will see a round orb (I think its close to full moon at the moment). That's the moon. Please feel free to ask any child to point it out to you if it's not obvious to you, or check for it tomorrow if it's cloudy.

To check for the sun, wake up early, like 5am tomorrow and you would notice that it gradually becomes light. Eventually, you will see what looks like a ball of fire gradually rising up into the sky, and if you are not in shade, you will become aware of a hot tingling sensation on you body. That is the sun. Again, ask any child to point it out to you if you are not sure, and if you cannot see it because of clouds, check for it the day after.

If on performing these two checks for the sun and the moon and fail to observe them, then they certainly must not exist!

I will take it easy on you and not ask you to give me something to taste so I too can know what it taste like because you are new here.

Welcome to Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
Yes AIR also are imaginary but because its been felt that's why we believe it do exist.
I take it you haven't performed the test for air that I suggested? If you had, you would have stopped believing it exists, or doesn't.

No one actually believes air exists. The people who might have believed air existed actually ended up knowing whether air existed once they breathed in. Or they are dead!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by dalaman: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
Yes AIR also are imaginary but because its been felt that's why we believe it do exist. Christains might not be able to see their GOD but they feel him cool. You testify of what you've seen and felt. So i think they've felt him that why they believe he exists. I rest my case

Everybody feels his/ her own God, Goddesses and Gods. You aren't the only ones that can feel your God.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
So whats the round orb in the sky isnt it the moon. I dont need a test to see that bruh.Are you on facebook and please can you kindly send your fb acct details to me @budaatum
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
*aware of a tingling sensation in your body* You've said it there that's the (feeling) xtains have about their God. Thanks Bro. Am eating a soup right please is it too salty or nOt @budaatum
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

Everybody feels his/ her own God, Goddesses and Gods. You aren't the only ones that can feel your God.
So now whats your headache about my GOD. Its my feelings not yours
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
budaatum:

I take it you haven't performed the test for air that I suggested? If you had, you would have stopped believing it exists, or doesn't.

No one actually believes air exists. The people who might have believed air existed actually ended up knowing whether air existed once they breathed in. Or they are dead!
Hey man I think one of you believe look @dalaman saying air exists he quoted me.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
Hey man I think one of you believe look @dalaman saying air exists he quoted me.
I'm sure dalaman more than believes whether air exists or not. Have you asked?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
winner01:
Why do you just love repetitions?

No be me and you today.

You'll have to sort this out with johnydon22, he's the one who asked what evidence would convince you. I simply refuted all the evidences you brought forward Ij the thread.

You're making no point and I'm not ready for this.

Either you're demented or just being unreasonable. I reiterate, I have nothing to prove to any atheist here, neither am I interested in providing any evidence for any atheist. This thread proves, based on johnydon22's question, that nothing will serve as proof for Gods existence to an atheist.

You'll need to get back to johnydon22 on this, he's the one who asked "what will serve as evidence for the existence of a God". I simply reiterated it.

Once again, my point remains, there is no evidence that any atheist can give to johnydon22 on this matter, that cannot be refuted.

Cést finí.

wow
"either you are demented or just being unreasonable"

lol.. what a way to pass across a point..
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Winner01 these guys are not half as smart as they tend to give themselves credit for. In fact, the bible was right by aptly describing them as fools.

Let me explain.

1) We speak about divinity

They say divinity does not exist

Then they turn around and ask us for proof of this divinity despite saying it does not exist.

If divinity does not exist, what proof would then suffice for a non existent divinity? Would such proof not also be non existent along with the non existent divinity?

2) We speak supernatural

They believe in the Natural

Then they turn around and ask for scientifically verifiable proof of the supernatural despite science being scrictly bound to the natural.

3) When something supernatural is even presented, they attempt to use NATURAL science to scrutinize it using the standards of Natural science and pretending as if they forgot that the presentation is a supernatural one.

4) We see scientists and technological advancement and medicine borrowing from Nature every single time in the course of their designs and advancements and when they apply what they got from that which they borrowed from, it works and is perfectly suited for what they designed it for but somehow nature is a fluke.

If nature is a fluke wouldn't their designs also be flukes and erratic? Wouldn't their medical breakthroughs be erratic?

1) Consider skin grafting (borrowed from nature)
2) Medicinal potential for treatment ( borrowed from plants in nature)
3) Engineers have incorporated structural design lessons from trees and bones into software design programs for optimizing the weight and performance of materials.
4) Engineers building an upgrade to Japan’s bullet trains, succeeded in making them travel 200 miles per hour by borrowing from the shape of the kingfishers beak.
5) The makers of urinary catheters which inhibit bacterial growth, borrowed their design from the sharks skin which has the ability not to pick up algae or barnacles due to "dermal denticles."
6) Right now the military are working on a kind of glove which mimics the feet of a wall gecko (as their inspiration) in order to enable soldiers climb up the walls of buildings with ease.

The list is endless.

In fact Biomimetics is all about mimicking nature in science yet nature wasn't designed but when science mimics it, their own becomes designed.

grin cheesy

you are not even as half as smart as you think...
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
*aware of a tingling sensation in your body* You've said it there that's the (feeling) xtains have about their God. Thanks Bro. Am eating a soup right please is it too salty or nOt @budaatum
I did mention "seeing" it too, the sun and the moon, I mean. You should want to be absolutely certain whether they exists or not, don't you?

I wouldn't know if it's too salty or not, and don't particularly care to be honest. It's not as if you invited me to eat it with you. You might want to mind how much salt you consume though. Salt causes the kidneys to make your body hold on to more water. This extra stored water raises your blood pressure and puts strain on your kidneys, arteries, heart and brain.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2018
budaatum:

I'm sure dalaman more than believes whether air exists or not. Have you asked?
I dont need to ask him he said and i quote *air exists* That shows he believes. So i think atheists dont feel(physically or spiritually)that God exists. Good night and sweet dreams.God which you dont feel be with you and have dreams abt me ooo
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 30, 2018
budaatum:

I did mention "seeing" it too, the sun and the moon, I mean. You should want to be absolutely certain whether they exists or not, don't you?

I wouldn't know if it's too salty or not, and don't particularly care to be honest. It's not as if you invited me to eat it with you. You might want to mind how much salt you consume though. Salt causes the kidneys to make your body hold on to more water. This extra stored water raises your blood pressure and puts strain on your kidneys, arteries, heart and brain.
And science hadnt told us how they got up there and dont exist the way they should in other planet. Hey man just wanted to know if it was salty or not and thats gets 2 my conclusion that you've not tasted my GOD so please dont talk ill of my God bcus he is good. Just wanted to know were you a xtain b4 or a born by birth atheist.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 12:39am On Jul 30, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
I dont need to ask him he said and i quote *air exists* That shows he believes.
You are new here so perhaps you do not know my stance on "believing", and how it differs to what you "know", so allow me.

Things that one "knows" are things one is certain about. If you look in your pocket, for instance, and find ten naira in it you would hardly say, "I believe there is ten naira in my pocket". What you are likely to say is "I know there is ten naira in my pocket".

If you did happen to say, "I believe there is ten naira in my pocket", you perhaps haven't looked in your pocket and so don't quite know whether there is ten naira in your pocket or not. Any one who hears you would most likely wonder whether there is ten naira in your pocket or not. And if you bothered to look in your pocket, you would most definitely know, and say so.

If you were standing outside and water were pissing down on your head, you might say "it is raining". But if you were to say, "I believe it is raining", I would think you were not sure that the water pissing down on your head was rain, and perhaps it was the gods who were pissing on you.

I'll give you a third example, just to be sure you get my gist. No one, in their right senses, would claim that they "believe that their mother is their mother", unless they are not sure who their mother is. Most people know who their mother is and would say, "I know that my mother is my mother", and not, "I believe my mother is my mother". If you tell anyone that you believe your mother is your mother, they are likely to wonder why you ever doubted that she was your mother at all.

Dalaman said, "air exists". He is not saying he "believes air exists" but that he "knows air exists", as in he is absolutely certain beyond any doubt whatsoever, that air is a substance that exists.

You may ask him if you think I am wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 30, 2018
@budaatum Ok i get your point. Atheist dont believe that God exists meaning they are not certain or sure about it so why argue on what you not sure of. But for me i KNOW my GOD EXISTS meaning am CERTAIN about it
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 1:06am On Jul 30, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
And science hadnt told us how they got up there and dont exist the way they should in other planet. Hey man just wanted to know if it was salty or not and thats gets 2 my conclusion that you've not tasted my GOD so please dont talk ill of my God bcus he is good. Just wanted to know were you a xtain b4 or a born by birth atheist.
We were not talking about how they got up there, but you don't seem to know that while planets in our galaxy share the same sun we see, there are very many other galaxies with their own suns, and some other planets have their own moons too. So it's not true that they "don't exist on other planets" , as you've claimed! Some planets even have many moons. The planet Jupiter has 79 confirmed moons, for instance, Saturn has 52, and Mars has 2.

I do not know how much salt is in your food, and I said so! Do note my warning though, too much salt is detrimental to your existence!

As to talking ill about your God, I don't think I've said anything about your God whatsoever, not to talk of anything ill about it. You might want to go over the conversation we've been having to confirm this fact so you actually know that I haven't instead of making things up and believing them, please!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 1:11am On Jul 30, 2018
eMmyGREAT1:
@budaatum Ok i get your point. Atheist dont believe that God exists meaning they are not certain or sure about it so why argue on what you not sure of. But for me i KNOW my GOD EXISTS meaning am CERTAIN about it
Ah! And do note that this is the first post in which I discuss God with you!

Some atheists might not believe that God exists but we are not all the same. If you wish to know buda's opinion however, please click on the link at the bottom of my posts and read.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Esther: The Orphan Girl Who Became A Queen / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother / Nigerian Captives In Libya Beg Oyedepo And Adeboye To Come And Rescue Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.