Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist (19724 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
frank317:

In order words, u don't even know the meaning of helter skelter here. People are responding to each other and u say one party is running helter skelter.
This is what I call butterflylion syndrome.
U speak and someone responds and u go about shouting the person is running helter skelter, meanwhile ur own restlessness brought about the opening of this thread.

Back to op (even though ur delusioned religious mind will see it as running helter skelter): I think I agree with u here. If God exist we wouldn't have atheists in the first place. Here we have a Christian who believes God can only exist by faith and if atheists don't have faith then he cannot exist to them.
So if I decide that I do not want any prove that God exits, I just want to believe without thinking it through, he will definitely exist "in my mind" as usual.
However if I need prove, his existence wouldnt be possible to me.

Summary of this thread... God cannot be proven.
You've never posted anything reasonable on this section. At least not in any of my threads.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
frank317:

Yet we are talking about a God that has infinite knowledge, someone who created the world in seven days with just words, someone whose ways are beyond our ways, yet he loves us so much that he wants us to know him... Sadly u are here telling us how impossible it is for him to prove himself to ordinary humans like us despite him wanting us to know him.
We are not talking about the God you stress yourself about daily. As a matter of fact, no one has defined what johnydon meant by God.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I haven't seen the future so I tell her she has a bright future based on his/her actions of today. of course I'm only making a prediction and that's obvious to anyone with a brain.

However saying that's the same a weak person being told to say "he's strong" commits fallacy of False Equivalence if he says "I'll be strong" then it wouldn't have necessarily been lying but a weak person saying he's strong despite knowing he's weak is flat out lying, I know you won't understand, as always

NB: "Read to understand not respond" This is something you should be doing, stop projecting
You have a future would be accurate. You can't be certain the future is bright regardless of todays activities especially when you haven't seen it. This is hope and nothing else.
Prediction is simply what you think will happen and you can't be sure except you believe in prophecy. See the definition of hope below.

Keep the same energy when you tell your sick that "everything will be fine". Read more on hope, you are a culprit that's why you won't accept it. Its understandable.

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
winner01:
You have a future would be accurate. You can't be certain the future is bright regardless of todays activities especially when you haven't seen it. This is hope and nothing else.
Prediction is simply what you think will happen and you can't be sure except you believe in prophecy. See the definition of hope below.

Keep the same energy when you tell your sick that "everything will be fine". Read more on hope, you are a culprit that's why you won't accept it. Its understandable.
I don't know if your intelligence level dropped too low or you're just playing dumb

I'm a weak person and I know it but say I'm strong. that's not hope, that's lying and not being hopeful. you're simply trying hard to blur the line between hope and lies but you're doing a horrible job of it. there's no spinning this. a person that's weak, knows he's weak but says he's strong is lying

If he says he'll be strong then he's being hopeful. if he says he's already strong then he's lying

I think I'm done with this discussion. I have a knack for knowing when a discussion is just being dragged on unnecessarily when the facts are there and plainly obvious to anyone with a brain
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
budaatum:

It really does not matter whether Christians bother about the beliefs of atheist, though they do! The first question many Christians ask on meeting one is, "Are you born again?" Then they judge one by making out one is no good unless one 'accepts Jesus Christ into one's life!' But it matters not to an atheist that they do. Beliefs must be scrutinised regardless, by oneself or by others, as that is how society learns moves forward and evolves.
Maybe not many Christians, maybe just a few Christians.

budaatum:

Ok. Then let those who can, or wish to, be humble. It would be a suitable chanda[/] to replace the [i]tanhā of arrogance.

I myself would keep wiping a mirror on this one.
Whatever you meant by tanda undecided

budaatum:

Then there must be a fault in your ability to notice!

Atheists are not the only ones who are hostile and rage, winner01. Your first response to me on this thread was hostile, and I said so. But atheists also start threads to ridicule Christians who are hostile and rage in return. Some even threaten others with their imaginary hell and damnation.

We taunt one another, winner01. We both open threads to mock and ridicule one another. I accused you of that in this thread, and you have proved me right in numerous posts of yours! There's even an ape amongst you who's sole purpose is to be apish, and not one of you tells it to evolve!

A serious fault in noticing, if that's not noticed, I'd say.
I never said atheists are the only ones are hostile and rage. I only noticed that atheists get more worked up when I create threads about atheism. They get even more worked up when I provide evidence they find difficult to refute. I remember when an atheist condemned me to hell in one of my threads grin
Quite uncharacteristic of the person. He probably didn't like me talking about atheism.

Well, I didn't mean to mock anyone on this thread. I just wanted to prove a point and it sure displeased a few atheists. There is no mockery or ridicule whatsoever in this thread.

So there's an ape amongst us undecided I thought we were all ape men undecided grin

budaatum:

The alternative to "believing" is to skeptically check for evidence with a critical mind, and not just accept what one is told.

Atheist give examples of this but as I said in my initial post on this thread, we would hardly accept the evidence of the other as conclusive proof of the their position. Whatever either of us says sounds like crap to the other person. Observe an example of the stubbornness involved where vaxx argues that Buddhism is self contradictory or self defeating despite it being pointed out to him that it is not contradictory to replace tanhā desires with chanda desires.

Besides, atheism with is skeptical rationalism, stands directly opposed to "believing by faith in the unseen", so you can hardly not expect a war. They are distinct points on the evolutionary scale and observable in the history of more advanced nations. We are fortunate however, in that our weapons are words - be they full of rage and hostility - and not, imprisonment, torture to recant and burnings at stakes if we don't, that pepper the history of nations that went through the same arguments before us.

I guess we cracking eggs to build powerful people!
I think you're equating mere belief to belief systems.
I once asked the question on this thread, on the viable alternative to belief systems.
None!

While I'm equally happy that our weapons are words, I've proven here severally that no recorded large scale human hostility was worse than godless societies.

budaatum:

Lol! Are you looking for another label to pin on buda? How about "Atheist Pagan Christian Buddhist Muslim" - as I also do the Quran, and if one is to be defined by one's studies. And Atum, being the first in the Egyptian pantheon, does denote my pagan element. And maybe Philosophical Scientists too, if we could call it a religion. But that would be like defining an elephant by it's trunk.

My studies influence me and my thinking, but I wouldn't claim I am more one or the other or limited to those mentioned, for even if one were to take all the trees and the water in the oceans, multiply them by seven then bake them into bread, one still should vary one's diet.

I am a human being who has spent quite a lot of time studying the text of many religions in search of the "Kingdom of God" (and do have to be mindful of mixing my metaphors so it don't sound like meaningless crap, to some). I have found that once one finds, some do not just go off to heaven and sit on the right hand of God. They descend into hell and try to figure why the world is so fuqed up, despite all the baking of bread, and try to be the change they want to see.
No I'm not looking to pin a label on you. Your moniker sounds like it, that's why I asked. Be careful "descending to hell", there's no coming back from there.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I don't know if your intelligence level dropped too low or you're just playing dumb

I'm a weak person and I know it but say I'm strong. that's not hope, that's lying and not being hopeful. you're simply trying hard to blur the line between hope and lies but you're doing a horrible job of it. there's no spinning this. a person that's weak, knows he's weak but says he's strong is lying

If he says he'll be strong then he's being hopeful. if he says he's already strong then he's lying

I think I'm done with this discussion. I have a knack for knowing when a discussion is just being dragged on unnecessarily when the facts are there and plainly obvious to anyone with a brain
This one needs Bible study

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
winner01:
Acts chapter 11.
What is acts chapter 11?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 7:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
winner01:

Whatever you meant by tanda undecided
Tanhā, as explained here.

winner01:
I never said atheists are the only ones are hostile and rage. I only noticed that atheists get more worked up when I create threads about atheism. They get even more worked up when I provide evidence they find difficult to refute. I remember when an atheist condemned me to hell in one of my threads grin
Quite uncharacteristic of the person. He probably didn't like me talking about atheism.
Even I get worked up when I see that nonsense! Just by mere virtue of the fact that religion has been in existence far longer than atheism, is sufficient evidence to debunk that claim, but it seems Christians believe on here otherwise and refuse to acknowledge that fact.

It is not "evidence", winner01, but plain ignorance presented as if it was. Any sane person knows more wars and more killings have been done in the name of god than not. And if they don't know, I strongly suggest they read some history!

winner01:
There is no mockery or ridicule whatsoever in this thread.
There is mockery and ridicule on this thread winner01. To start with, any post by the ape is mockery and ridicule and he has been all over this thread!. He can't help himself. And........

winner01:
So there's an ape amongst us undecided I thought we were all ape men undecided grin
We are not all ape men. Some have been breathed into by God and evolved. Some don't seem to have been breathed into and remain muddy apes!

winner01:
I think you're equating mere belief to belief systems.
I once asked the question on this thread, on the viable alternative to belief systems.
None!
Really! None? Well instead of "believing", an ability that is shared by the devil, how about "knowing". Or would you say "to know", is not superior to "believing", systems or otherwise?

The devil ran 'believe' past Jesus Christ when he tempted him on the mountain. But Jesus Christ, filled with knowledge, dealt with the devils ignorant ass in a rather very convincing way.

Nations that we say have developed did not do so on 'beliefs', winner01. They did go through long periods when 'beliefs' reigned supreme, but it was a period of stagnation, and in Europe, was called the dark ages, when many died because of the ignorance that they believed in.

And then it was said that "Let there be light", and the Age of Enlightenment came about.

Please read up on this so you understand what we Nigerian atheists are fighting for in our Nigerian society and minds. We are very tired of relying on the unreliable NEPA!

winner01:
While I'm equally happy that our weapons are words, I've proven here severally that no recorded large scale human hostility was worse than godless societies.
There's a fallacy for what you've done here. When others have gone through the list of fallacies that I posted, they'd find some that describes it.

I presume it is based on the false information you quoted at the beginning of this post that atheists have killed more people than have been killed by people who profess a religion. I'm afraid it is your belief. And there is nothing true about it.

Let, me just reiterate the point that more wars have been fought in the name of gods in the entire history of time, and more people have been killed because of fights over gods than over just about anything else, ever.

But as I mentioned in my initial post on this thread, no amount of evidence would make another change their beliefs unless God itself tells them otherwise, so I wouldn't expect you to not continue parroting that nonsense. I, will pray for you for you though. You can be saved!

winner01:
Be careful "descending to hell", there's no coming back from there.
I don't believe that! Is it not written, that "he was crucified, died, and was buried, and he descended into hell. And on the third day he rose again; and ascended into heaven, and he is seated at the right hand of the Father, judging the living and the dead". And also, "Know ye not that ye are gods?, who "will do even more than He has done"?

You need to stop with the believing, winner01, and understand so you too would know!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by frank317: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
winner01:
We are not talking about the God you stress yourself about daily. As a matter of fact, no one has defined what johnydon meant by God.

So u open a thread for an undefined God.

Well I assume we are talking about ur God.

Majority of counter posts here are from Christians so...
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by frank317: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
winner01:
You've never posted anything reasonable on this section. At least not in any of my threads.

After years u are still talking like a kid.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hahn(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2018
winner01:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, this was my quote.

Doesn't say anything about you being an atheist or not and certainly the question isn't exclusive to atheists.
It's a valid question even when asked to theists, agnostics and other views.

So

Define this "God" first. What is it?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Melvyn11: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2018
We live in a real world but believe in a magical afterlife....where 7billion of us will stand in judgement and an angel bearing a huge "Book of Life" will look up names and make us watch our sins n life time on a HD 1,000,000 'inch screen. Must be lit
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Melvyn11:
We live in a real world but believe in a magical afterlife....where 7billion of us will stand in judgement and an angel bearing a huge "Book of Life" will look up names and make us watch our sins n life time on a HD 1,000,000 'inch screen. Must be lit
7 billion? Where you get that from? This judgement day is somewhere in like 9018AD or very long after, and going by the rate at which we breed, there's likely to be over 100 billion of us!

Land for sale on Jupiter! Low rates available!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Melvyn11: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
budaatum:

7 billion? Where you get that from? This judgement day is somewhere in like 9018AD or very long after, and going by the rate at which we breed, there's likely to be over 100 billion of us!

Lolllll..... Goat
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
budaatum:

I wonder if Christians ever think of this,like how does it make sense that every single human who lives would be judged and those who didn't believe in Jesus and follow his ways will be thrown into hell,just like that
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
darkchild64:

I wonder if Christians ever think of this,like how does it make sense that every single human who lives would be judged and those who didn't believe in Jesus and follow his ways will be thrown into hell,just like that

What if God actually exists but only atheists would be allowed into heaven? I find it bizarre how theists never thought about that possibility. like we die and God goes "HopefulLandlord, I exist but the test is to weed out those that would believe something on no evidence, you passed. you may pass"

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by vaxx: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What if God actually exists but only atheists would be allowed into heaven? I find it bizarre how theists never thought about that possibility. like we die and God goes "HopefulLandlord, I exist but the test is to weed out those that would believe something on no evidence, you passed. you may pass"
Lol....
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
vaxx:
Lol....
grin
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by tintingz(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lol, like God actually gave atheist divine purpose to test theists. cheesy
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, like God actually gave atheist divine purpose to test theists. cheesy
grin

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by frank317: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lol, I have always wondered why exactly God will put an ordinary mortal like me in hell after judgement(if there is eventually one). Its not like I am in any competition with him for anything, i didn't sleep with his wife neither did I hurt him in any way... Am I even capable of hurting the creators feeling? I just fukking used the brain he game me... See no God believe no God.

I sometimes wish the judgement day was real. It will be the best day of my life or after life. Imagine talking one on one with God and asking him questions that will make him look silly just they way i have made Christians felt.

God will b like.. "U didn't believe me by faith, go to hell!"

Me: " seriously? U whole problem was that I believe u by faith? Pls get me the real creator, one who has real issues with me"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:
What is acts chapter 11?
The solution to your riddle.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
frank317:

So u open a thread for an undefined God.

Well I assume we are talking about ur God.

Majority of counter posts here are from Christians so...
This was just a counter thread.

frank317:

After years u are still talking like a kid.
I'm happy you're calm now.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
hahn:

Define this "God" first. What is it?
That would be Johnydons question.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
Melvyn11:
Really, are you sure about this?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." - The Gospel according to John
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
budaatum:

Tanhā, as explained here.
Cool

budaatum:

Even I get worked up when I see that nonsense! Just by mere virtue of the fact that religion has been in existence far longer than atheism, is sufficient evidence to debunk that claim, but it seems Christians believe on here otherwise and refuse to acknowledge that fact.

It is not "evidence", winner01, but plain ignorance presented as if it was. Any sane person knows more wars and more killings have been done in the name of god than not. And if they don't know, I strongly suggest they read some history!

There's a fallacy for what you've done here. When others have gone through the list of fallacies that I posted, they'd find some that describes it.

I presume it is based on the false information you quoted at the beginning of this post that atheists have killed more people than have been killed by people who profess a religion. I'm afraid it is your belief. And there is nothing true about it.

Let, me just reiterate the point that more wars have been fought in the name of gods in the entire history of time, and more people have been killed because of fights over gods than over just about anything else, ever.

But as I mentioned in my initial post on this thread, no amount of evidence would make another change their beliefs unless God itself tells them otherwise, so I wouldn't expect you to not continue parroting that nonsense. I, will pray for you for you though. You can be saved!
Its been about 3 years I posted that assertion here, backed with proof. No atheist has come forward to refute it considering the way atheists like to refute my "points". There are many atheists who have attempted to counter my threads by creating theirs. But, I not surprised no atheist has taken on that one point. I searched online and through some atheists websites too, nothing! Its unfortunate but the available evidence favours my stand on that point.

I'd like you or anyone else to counter it, with valid evidence too. I'd like to read a different narrative. smiley

budaatum:

Nations that we say have developed did not do so on 'beliefs', winner01. They did go through long periods when 'beliefs' reigned supreme, but it was a period of stagnation, and in Europe, was called the dark ages, when many died because of the ignorance that they believed in.

And then it was said that "Let there be light", and the Age of Enlightenment came about.

Please read up on this so you understand what we Nigerian atheists are fighting for in our Nigerian society and minds. We are very tired of relying on the unreliable NEPA!
This is not a valid point. Religious beliefs in itself do not build societies. Religion is only likely to shape individual outlook to reality. And Europe prospered when it was religious, I'll open a thread on this and back it with proof once I have some free time.

budaatum:

I don't believe that! Is it not written, that "he was crucified, died, and was buried, and he descended into hell. And on the third day he rose again; and ascended into heaven, and he is seated at the right hand of the Father, judging the living and the dead". And also, "Know ye not that ye are gods?, who "will do even more than He has done"?

You need to stop with the believing, winner01, and understand so you too would know!
Well, descending into hell might be an easy task for a God who created it. Such task might prove too many for gods.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2018
frank317:

Lol, I have always wondered why exactly God will put an ordinary mortal like me in hell after judgement(if there is eventually one). Its not like I am in any competition with him for anything, i didn't sleep with his wife neither did I hurt him in any way... Am I even capable of hurting the creators feeling? I just fukking used the brain he game me... See no God believe no God.

I sometimes wish the judgement day was real. It will be the best day of my life or after life. Imagine talking one on one with God and asking him questions that will make him look silly just they way i have made Christians felt.

God will b like.. "U didn't believe me by faith, go to hell!"

Me: " seriously? U whole problem was that I believe u by faith? Pls get me the real creator, one who has real issues with me"

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
winner01:
The solution to your riddle.

Lmao.
As always u guys always have nothing to say. grin
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
There is just ONE single thing that will serve as "God's existence" to everyone! No other thing but just ONLY ONE. The supernatural is explained away mostly with excuses from all manner of people so don't lean on the supernatural because majority aren't moved with such occurrences. Most people now agreed that there are highly intelligent unseen beings moving around us but the conception about such beings varied. So what serves as the "evidence of the existence of God who creates all things"? Well it is WRITTEN in the Bible that HE(Creator) has Witnesses amongst humans and the ONLY way to realise it is their unreachably high intellect or wisdom! Isaiah 54:17 Talk or discuss with them and you'll be moved to say "i'll wish my utterances be as seasoned as happy,outspoken, eloquent and thought provoking like yours" Act 26:28 When you meet a REAL Christian you'll be touched to the deepest part of your soul that you need to have a rethink because you'll keep feeling inside you as in "WOW! that is WISDOM" wink wink wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hahn(m): 12:52am On Aug 05, 2018
winner01:
That would be Johnydons question.

Where is the answer?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
winner01:
Cool

Its been about 3 years I posted that assertion here, backed with proof. No atheist has come forward to refute it considering the way atheists like to refute my "points". There are many atheists who have attempted to counter my threads by creating theirs. But, I not surprised no atheist has taken on that one point. I searched online and through some atheists websites too, nothing! Its unfortunate but the available evidence favours my stand on that point.

I'd like you or anyone else to counter it, with valid evidence too. I'd like to read a different narrative. smiley.
I told you your sole intention on opening this thread was to "my god is better than yours", or didn't I? And I repeatedly said that it is difficult for you to accept evidence that opposes your position. You fail to accept any evidence that refutes your claim and have concluded your assertion is therefore valid. Kingebukasblog tried doing the same in a thread where he would be the defendant, judge and jury and we treated his stupidity with the scorn he deserved. Expect your thread to be treated the same way. Or read the counter narratives already presented to that claim. Those with eyes see.

winner01:

This is not a valid point. Religious beliefs in itself do not build societies. Religion is only likely to shape individual outlook to reality. And Europe prospered when it was religious, I'll open a thread on this and back it with proof once I have some free time.
You are incorrect in thinking religion shapes outlook. Your error stems from the biggest lie you Yahweists have bought into, that "God created you in it's own image". It is actually the other way round, your outlook defines your religion and builds your society.

Human societies have always created their gods in their own image, and according to their very own understanding. And religion is created to align you, the masses, to that created image of god. That's why some call it opium!

Europe was alway religious, winner, even now! Those who rule need religion to control their masses and would hardly abandon that control. But they allow their religions to evolve, which is why they progress. When their religious beliefs become rigid beliefs, and do not evolve over time, the dark ages is the result and death and decay sets in. That is the current situation in Nigeria, and which will only change when an reorientation of the contents in people's head occurs. A 4000-2000 year old understanding cannot be superior to current understanding. Societies that dwell in the past and refuse to evolve, die!

Please be aware that you are free to believe whatever you want to believe, and no one has a duty to educate you. That duty is your's and you don't have to take it on if you don't want to. You seem to not have sufficient knowledge of the history of certain aspects of development of societies and nations. If I'm not wrong, I think you already have some sociological knowledge. Though, I think it's rather of the basic sort, but it will be adequate for you to understand the sociological aspect of history, which I advise that you immerse your head in. It is my opinion that you are intelligent enough to have your eyes opened if you but want them to open. Though, I could be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Most Committed Atheists Were Once Chtistians (opinion?) / Stop Praying For The Dead - Pastor Giwa Charges Christians / More Facts Emerge On Kumuyi’s Remarriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.