Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) (6486 Views)

Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) / Atheists Should Stop Fighting Religion Now! VERY Important / Nigerian atheists should take several seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
I've been on the Nairaland religion section for a while now, and throught my stay on the section, I've seen atheists mock, deride, ridicule religious people and their beliefs. One thing i've noticed surely is that no atheist have ever spoken responsibly or reasonably on what people stand to gain by embracing atheism.
We get to hear stories about the evils of religion and faith and it seems as if most atheists lives here depends on how often they talk about God and religion. It gets strange to me that these people never speak about the supposed possitivities of atheism (which according to them is meant to be a better alternative).

Some selected examples of the ills of religion are shown below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3270510/how-moderate-religion-helps-terrorist
https://www.nairaland.com/3294486/things-humanity-could-better-without
https://www.nairaland.com/3300321/what-benefits-believing-god-religion
https://www.nairaland.com/3347394/spirituality-e-don-epp
https://www.nairaland.com/3349348/prayer-cause-nigerias-backwardness
https://www.nairaland.com/2247616/what-positive-effect-religion-belief
To mention a few.
Please note that those threads are silent on an alternative.

It's like someone asking me to give up my life's ambitions while keeping silent on an alternative. This "someone" hopes to acheive this by mocking, deriding and ridiculing my pre-existing ambitions.
This is a situation similar to what atheists do here daily and it's quite unfortunate that they feel so "rational doing this. It is so unwise that I lack words to describe such level of reasoning.

I have often wondered if it would be a crime for atheists to just tell the world what atheism has to offer.
It's so distasteful when atheists who brand themselves superior beings cannot speak in coherence on the benefits of atheism, instead they constantly talk ill of religion, and very dishonestly.

For instance, the other day, an atheist blamed religion for the poor performance of Africans in the olympics.
But has kept silent since Nigerias paralympic gold medal tally reached 7th with other silver and bronze medals.
Can this campaign be anymore dishonest?

In my curiousity, I tried to inquire by opening a thread, to ask for what atheism has done or can do for humanity, while citing the positive marks of religion in history (https://www.nairaland.com/3232251/what-exactly-atheism-done-humanity).
I got no reasonable reply.

Before I knew it, another atheist opened a counter thread to ask what religion has done for humanity but it turned out as a terrible embarassment as he failed to cite just a single positive mark of atheism in history or at present. (https://www.nairaland.com/3241288/what-exactly-religion-done-humanity#up)

I sincerely do not understand why self acclaimed humanists will act this way.
To get a different view of the picture, I tried to look at things from the atheist perspective - I thought to myself "If religion created a problem, then atheists suppose that atheism will be a solution to such problem". And so for the sake of fairness, I created a thread on the benefits/possible solutions of atheism: https://www.nairaland.com/3300546/some-benefits-atheism

The thread above may seem funny or even stupid to many people, but this is the same way atheists would look if they dare talk about the benefits of atheism. So to be on the safer side, its better to mock religious people into embracing atheism, without necessarily talking about what atheism has to offer.

The cummulative actions of atheists on this forum has sustained my suspicion that atheists are good "talkers" and nothing more. Talk, Talk and Talk! on what religion can't do or has done bad and how much they hate a supposedly non-existent God.
On this thread, I'll be expecting some of them to talk some more on why they cant provide the clear advantages of atheism and probably their usual insultive rhymes.

So below are things to expect if atheists are ever going to be what they claim to be:
- Act rationally and intelligible as they claim albeit falsely
- Be the change they preach, especially to our dear country
- Be self dependent like the owner of this forum and conjure up workable ideas like he did when he was not yet an outspoken atheist.
- Build science laboratories and institutes (since they claim to worship science)
- Work hard for the beterment of our dear Nation (Since they claim religion is largely a factor inhibiting its growth)
- and other logical, reasonable, intelligent sorts that they attribute to atheism in desperation.

But in reality, religious people are those who have acheived and are striving daily to acheive these feats.

Prominent atheists in Nigeria who are also meant to encourage their followers, instead motivate them to Talk!, Talk! and Talk!!!. An example is shown below.
Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/3286068/every-nigerian-atheist-should-outspoken

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248260_s18667594edit_jpeg816c4c2f3c7dfdd87cd63da1b6ded66e www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248288_111564049442284856211943162171226635458869n_jpeg54f620c20d6083ca841ff57f1c67536e www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248259_s1945592edit_jpeg8791bc74db5cb18da92f4376b0304d93
Atheists who have never engaged in science start to talk about science the minute you ask for the advantages of atheism. Does this ever make any sense? Does this mean atheism is in itself invalid and must seek other fields for its validation?

Disregarding the hate-filled pettiness of atheists on Nairaland, I do not want to conclude that "Talking" is the only thing atheists are useful for. There are atheists such as Mark Zuckerberg who do not see the need to encourage people to lack what he lacks neither does he speak out about his lack (of belief in God), maybe because he dwells more on "substance" than "lack".
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248171_s17495586edit_jpegdacef6aa2766400a30c1912801fce1e2
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248172_s24590587edit_jpeg84347baf1c7ea3e5e3baae74518d5b7f

Then there are agnostics like bill gates who know that it makes perfect sense to believe in God.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248167_s9028588edit_jpeg53576497ffd426cc60c52bbb523354de
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248166_img20160917161807edit_jpeg7d890716733a2a275ba1582e0688447d

These people, unlike other angry atheists, realize that a "belief in God" is a natural part of humans (Source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17181713/) and try to work hand in hand with other humans to the advantage of humanity, you hardly see them talk, talk and talk!!!
These men live in a country whose number of christians double that of Nigeria (316, 668, 567) and you hardly hear them talk about lack, they rather work hand in hand with religious individuals and encourage fellow humans.

I used these men as examples because atheists like to mention at any oppourtunity that these men are on the same intelligence plane as they are, (in a lame bid to make themselves happy).

These men have shown that there is a fine line between "mere disbelief in God" and a desperate hate-filled agenda to turn people away from God". They have shown that reason is not necessarily possessed by constantly making a noise aboit it. They have shown that only emotional instability, trauma and insecurity will make a man spend everyday of his life dwelling on a Being he claims does not exist.

Indeed, the actions of some hate-filled atheists have caused other atheists a great deal of embarrasment. An atheist pours out his heart in the screen shot belowwww.nairaland.com/attachments/4248359_s24436567edit_jpeg401d2debacaaa7bc94e81e470f99f708

Well, I saw a piece on facebook by a young man which motivated the creation of this thread. The young man in simple terms pointed out the emptiness of atheism. Ill be posting his piece here:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248248_s5133505edit_jpeg3796f16054d94e68c2fffc9559874d02
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4248249_s15611504edit_jpeg4ac33486d9791d3ea7840bc3880ce5d7

The young man is right, we have heard what you are not, we have heard what you used to be and what you are presently. Can you now show us what you can do?

I think its time atheists stopped talking and get to work. Real work.

My greetings to you in Jesus Name.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
cc: KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin, 4evergod, Adrenaline123, Kaycee7, frank317, Edek27, Jokerman, Contact17, naijababe, Ranchhoddas, Omooba77

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by sekundosekundo: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Forget Atheists they are the most brainwashed people on earth. My parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs. I rest my case.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by BEENUEL(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
OP with due respect I'm with you. After you nah you, this is very true. This set of people causing confusion, instead of building the community with their super hyped(two fingers up) brain, they will be confusing upandan, we should respect our opinions. Kept what ever believe your selves and stop adding more confusion to the younger GENERATION angry

7 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by BEENUEL(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Forget Atheists they are the most brainwashed people on earth. My parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs. I rest my case.
wow, how manage you scaled through, can you glimpse your story. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by johnydon22(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
Good thread !!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Dejideji1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
You are very correct Bro, i doubt if they will have anything reasonable to say, Other than to come and vent their anger and frustration as usual grin
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by sekundosekundo: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
BEENUEL:
wow, how manage you scaled through, can you glimpse your story. shocked

It wasn't easy but I thank God for Jesus. I have a documentary on that. One thing you should know is that Atheists are very intelligent and they read a lot especially all the religious books and as they study they focus more on the weak points of all this religious people to ridicule them.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
Winner my winner01 I am just reading and smiling here. You really need to be a chief editor in some grand news paper or even a columnist.

You have delivered a masterpiece here and nothing more needs to be said. Your closing statement was like a bomb going off in a super quiet town and I quote, " we have heard what you are not, we have heard what you used to be and what you are presently. Can you now show us what you can do?

I think its time atheists stopped talking and get to work. Real work."

Indeed enough talk....we have heard it all. So show us what you as an individual atheist can achieve. Action speaks louder doesnt it?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Wow!. This is good.
30 years shocked shocked

God be praised!!!

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:
Winner my winner01 I am just reading and smiling here. You really need to be a chief editor in some grand news paper or even a columnist.

You have delivered a masterpiece here and nothing more needs to be said. Your closing statement was like a bomb going off in a super quiet town and I quote, " we have heard what you are not, we have heard what you used to be and what you are presently. Can you now show us what you can do?

I think its time atheists stopped talking and get to work. Real work."

Indeed enough talk....we have heard it all. So show us what you as an individual atheist can achieve. Action speaks louder doesnt it?
Thank you my co-soldier. I appreciate. cool cool
I hope it makes sense to them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
johnydon22:
Good thread !!!
Thanks bro... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
grin this should be very good. Make I grab my popcorn and shandy ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Pidggin(f): 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Winners01, great thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Seku seku the sekundos brotherly hugs to you and welcome. I am so so sure you can see a clear difference between then and now.

Pls I am on my knees and begging you to open a thread here on nairaland and share your testimony.

There are so many who are waiting for your manifestation. God bless you bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by felixomor: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Great post.

the olympics part got me the most, u can imagine? cheesy

How somebody will blame religion for failure to win medals.
it beats me hollow.

Nice post brother.

More grace!

5 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by sekundosekundo: 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
4everGod:

Seku seku the sekundos brotherly hugs to you and welcome. I am so so sure you can see a clear difference between then and now.

Pls I am on my knees and begging you to open a thread here on nairaland and share your testimony.

There are so many who are waiting for your manifestation. God bless you bro.

O yes, there's a clear difference but it took a lot of time for me to really understand how God works b'cos I was born into it and grew up in it. All Glory to Jesus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
The more I read thread on this section the more I get confused. Though this thread makes a little sense to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
felixomor:
Great post.

the olympics part got me the most, u can imagine? cheesy

How somebody will blame religion for failure to win medals.
it beats me hollow.

Nice post brother.

More grace!
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jeankrab:
The more I read thread on this section the more I get confused. Though this thread makes a little sense to me.
Can you expand on this?
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by obiZEAL(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nice post G...I really liked the part where you categorised the atheist into two...I will say we have the active and passive atheists...and there is no problem with that, some people can't come out fully for numerous reasons. But I think you should address some overzealous religious peepz who have no respect for personal space...the gospel should not be forced down peoples throat! They should understand that some people don't just need it.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by udysweet(f): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one sir. May God's grace continually be upon you

5 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Ranchhoddas: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
*coughs* *coughs*
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by obiZEAL(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
winner01:
Wow!. This is good.
30 years shocked shocked

God be praised!!!
It would have been a propaganda if it was the other way round... Just saying sha
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
obiZEAL:

It would have been a propaganda if it was the other way round... Just saying sha
Say less, Work more!!!. cool

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
winner01:
Can you expand on this?
I do believe God exists, but have given up hope on him when I realized God is partial towards some of the people he created like me and since I can't "sit on the fence" I decided to change my believe and who I will look up to. That's why I read different threads on this section just to clear my guilt and doubt but the more thread I read, the more confused I become.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jeankrab:
I do believe God exists, but have given up hope on him when I realized God is partial towards some of the people he created like me and since I can't "sit on the fence" I decided to change my believe and who I will look up to. That's why I read different threads on this section just to clear my guilt and doubt but the more thread I read, the more confused I become.

Jeankrab I received your email and will attend to you very soon. God is not Partial to His Children. Stay strong. We will be taking shortly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jeankrab:
Do not give up on God because He wont give up on you. You can pm me too so we can discuss better.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by obiZEAL(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
winner01:
Say less, Work more!!!. cool
No biggie...I hope U'll do same
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
The Op is wrong on many counts. You need to understand first that bill gates and mark zuckerberg are public figures with large interests in their various companies. If bill or mark for instance went about bashing religion I'm sure a lot of religious people would boycott their products, and I bet some Islamic countries would even ban it all together. These people are business men, they're too wise to do something as stupid as criticizing religion publicly. They simply don't shi.t were they eat. Besides none of them are from Nigeria, were pastors own jets and mansions thanks to offerings and donations while their congregation are starving and the same pastors will tell them to wait for their reward in heaven, in nigeria where up to 97% of the population is religious, where pastors conduct fake miracles live in other to gain more members ( in the u.s no popular preacher will ever conduct a live miracle because he knows just a little investigation by the press will crush his story), they don't live in a country that spends millions yearly sending religious people on pilgrimages that have no usefulness to the country, while there are hungry mouths to feed, while our infrastructure is collapsing. A country that holds religious leader almost as high as their God himself.
And yet you ask why we the atheist in nigeria continue to speak? why we refuse to be silent? why we detest religion? Open your eyes Nigeria is not being helped by religion, religion is a cancer on our nation, one that is getting out of hand fast. So to every atheist in Nigeria I urge you to stand firm even if you have to stand alone. No one will speak out but us. We cannot let Nigeria be clouded by religion forever. The road ahead is tough and filed with hate and persecution. But we must not and cannot give up!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
obiZEAL:

No biggie...I hope U'll do same
I've been working, we've been working. Can I at least share with other religious peeps on a religion section?
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by obiZEAL(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
winner01:
I've been working, we've been working. Can I at least share with other religious peeps on a religion section?
what are u sharing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria: Violation Of Religious Right / Destroying Satanic Witchcraft Cobwebs Part 1 / The Ethiopian Bible- World's Oldest Bible [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.