Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? (5538 Views)

The Angels In The Bible Has A Colour, Guess What? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by dalaman: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Omniscient entity cab never regret

Don't mind him. They keep describing their God as a married bachelor. A married bachelor is impossible.

It's either you are married or a bachelor, you can't be a married bachelor .

How can an omniscient being regret anything?

4 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2018
dalaman:

Don't mind him. They keep describing their God as a married bachelor. A married bachelor is impossible.

It's either you are married or a bachelor, you can't be a married bachelor .

How can an omniscient being regret anything?

They know the story does not make any sense so they twist and turn to try making it jive

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by cezarman(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2018
theunnamed:

See that's just it, you feel and even "know" that you can make your own choice, but somewhere somehow, someone has prayed that you show up, and God answers prayers....long story short God has a plan for you and it will come through, no matter how long or no matter what happens
Just because you don't believe in something don't mean it's not true

So even the beggers on the streets who sometimes die of starvation was all the plan of God? Even those who'll eventually end up in hell after living a wretched life was all his plan, because they have no choice than to follow the plan of God for their lives. So he created some people to live a happy life, while others are meant to suffer till death... That's kinda bias and cruel, if you ask me.
You'll be created whether you like it or not, and he'll decide if you'll be happy or not.
Abi nor be so? smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by somehow: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2018
wirinet:
This was because God was too autocratic, like buhari, he did not give the angels the change to make any input into their own destinies. He just issued commands and expect absolute loyalty. Just like the rAPC, the disgruntled angels had no choice but to decamp.

But Buhari is not the chairman of APC nor is he the one directing or controlling the affairs of the party.

Very wrong analogy.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by sonmvayina(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2018
frank317:

Can Satan be God?
Do yo think its reasonable for Satan to think he can be God? Does that not make Satan stupid?
I understand a loyal servant trying to be king, I don't understand how a created can be a creator of the creator

The story sounds foolish if u ask me

That is not what the story is saying... It is what you are saying...

The first time that Satan was introduced in the Bible, he was introduced as a son of God.. Meaning he is part and parcel of God... The next 3 times, it is to come and receive instructions from God.. So he does only what God tells him to do.. He was never an equal opposite of God.. That is the belief of the jews and all the other ancient beliefs systems including Africa, I am igbo and ekwensu is never placed side by side of Chukwu.. Never seen as an adversary or dual opposite of God (Chukwu)

Satan was never mentioned again except when the chronicular interchanged him for God in the book of chronicles as been the one who instigated David to number the children of Israel..

But in the New Testament, he is made an equal opposite of God which I find insulting and a mockery so that they can sell their demi God story to the uneducated masses.. Thus fulfilling the prophesy of Daniel in Dan 7:25..
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by wirinet(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
somehow:

But Buhari is not the chairman of APC nor is he the one directing or controlling the affairs of the party.

Very wrong analogy.

The story was not talking about a party in heaven, but the total inhabitants. It is comparable to the ruler of the total inhabitants of Nigeria, therefore the analogy is very apt.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by princely83(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
Gen 1 Vs 1- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Here you can see perfection and completeness. He created the earth not to be a wasteland but to be inhabited- Isaiah 45 Vs 18). The people that inhabited the world here were angels. In the prehistoric world before God created man in the time during the angelic civilization on the earth before the fall of Lucifer and the destruction of the first world- Jeremiah 4vs 3 and Isaiah 24 Vs 1, Gen 1 Vs 2, Lucifer was in the garden of God called Eden on earth.( Ezekiel 28 Vs 13: This was the first Eden) where he ruled the earth from and had a third of angels with him. He had dominion over everything on the earth. His purpose was to lead praise and worship with other angels to God in heaven. He was a Cherub that coverth. He was a high ranking angel and walked on the stones of fire in the throne room of God. He was the only angel that God allowed close to HIS throne aside the Seraphims. Lucifer first and primary estate and that of the angels he supervised was earth- Jude 1 Vs 6( billions or hundreds of millions years ago. Also remember scientists have proven that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and Adam came into it 7000 yrs ago) However there were times that God will call him up to heaven for one or two assignments/instructions. The garden of Eden had the tree of knowledge of good and evil and also the tree of life. The garden was a treasure bank of God on earth.
God instructed Lucifer not to touch the tree of knowledge of good and evil but he did eat from it and pride(sin) entered into him. Have you every wondered how the devil got to know that the tree of knowledge of good and evil will not kill Eve but only make her eyes to be open knowing good and evil and become like God? It's because he ate of it and convinced a third of the angels with him to eat. Once sin had entered Satan, he wanted to take the throne of God and then with the help of the rebellious angels they ascended( from earth) to heaven to make a war. (Rev 12 Vs 7). Before he was cast out of heaven and the angels with him, God removed most of the glory he put on him during creation. He lost all those beauty and became an abomination. He also lost the dominion of the earth( this He reclaimed after the fall of Adam-Luke 4 Vs 6). However Jesus came and took back all that was lost to Satan and placed it in our hands!( Isaiah 59 Vs 15 to 16 and colosians 1 Vs 13 - 14) Glory to God forevermore.
This is a Revelation that only few on the earth have. It only takes the HOLY GHOST to reveal this mystery to you. Reading the Bible requires the help of the holy ghost. He is the author and teacher of the word in the Bible (John 14 Vs 26) .You need His help when you read/study the word of God.

God Bless you all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by somehow: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
God doesn't have chairmen nor does it have state chairmen or governors. God is the only leader both in heaven and earth and commands everything alone.

Can that be said of your analogy?

wirinet:

The story was not talking about a party in heaven, but the total inhabitants. It is comparable to the ruler of the total inhabitants of Nigeria, therefore the analogy is very apt.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2018
MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?
if you read Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 you will discover that he's perfect in wisdom and beauty, imagine someone should be perfect in those two things alone... this two things are enough to convince as many of them that fancy him and are not well grounded and guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by wirinet(m): 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
somehow:
God doesn't have chairmen nor does it have state chairmen or governors. God is the only leader both in heaven and earth and commands everything alone.

Can that be said of your analogy?

Yes! Absolute authoritarian dictatorship. People or angels will always revolt under such conditions.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
HappyPagan:
Satan offered them the earth.
Bros so God dey heaven n allow devil to take over earth that he created
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by somehow: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
Good unlike the Buhari/apc analogy that was used. his ministers have been working with free hands for 3 years now and some even said he doesn't have control over them..

So you can't be authoritarian/ a dictator and still have your subordinates working by their own terms.
wirinet:

Yes! Absolute authoritarian dictatorship. People or angels will always revolt under such conditions.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
cezarman:

So even the beggers on the streets who sometimes die of starvation was all the plan of God? Even those who'll eventually end up in hell after living a wretched life was all his plan, because they have no choice than to follow the plan of God for their lives. So he created some people to live a happy life, while others are meant to suffer till death... That's kinda bias and cruel, if you ask me.
You're be created whether you like it or not, and he'll decide if you'll be happy or not.
Abi nor be so? smiley

Clap for yourself, you've proven a point, but I believe what I believe, you will not change that.
Here's a small something for you to read

Habakuk 2:3
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Jeremiah 1:5
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Proverbs 20:24
24 A person’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand their own way?

Destiny baby
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

So God had no other choice than to create?
Them force am?

Dude come on, I was only stating an instance
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

This doesn't apply to God. He is omnipotent and omniscient. God should not even be able to regret. He should always be perfect, but the bible stoeies say otherwise.

God is perfect, there are places in the Bible though where it seemed God was regretting.
Like that time he wanted to slay the children of Israel but Moses begged him to stop
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Freh(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
From my own point of view ,I think God showed Satan a little bit of everything : the wisdom behind creation , how the universe operated and it's mysteries. ..etc. So with the little knowledge he had acquired from God , he too felt he should be God, and he convinced the angels to follow him by displaying a bit of the knowledge God showed him .
Where do people get these speculations from cause I know it's not the bible. The 1/3 of the angels that the Op is referring to is from the book of revelation. And it clearly stated that the things in book will reveal things that are to come. Look at the Bible in it's actual context. Stories about the fall and a war happening before creation are extra biblical and purely human interpretations and not fact.
The mention of Lucifer in Isaiah 14, I think, is referring to the King of Babylon. Even if you want to say it is symbolic or figurative. There's no part of the Bible that ties Satan to Lucifer. There's no part of the Bible that talks about him as a Fallen angel. All fallen angels mentioned in the bible are clearly stated to be imprisoned or serving a form of punishment. But Satan can apparently waltz into God’s presence in the midst of SONS OF GOD. It makes me wonder if he can't considered one himself.
God doesn't have an adversary because implying so would mean there's someone that can rival his power. It's humans that are wrestling with our nature and have demonized parts of ourselves that have forces to contend against. The devil is the one we blame for all of it, like the persian Angra Mainyu.
Hence the teaching of grace had to be born in a religion like Christianity because the strength of the devil comes from the guilt you feel about perfectly natural things and from that inward division and war within you. Hence the accuser of the brethren.

How come satan spoke through Peter and said that Christ shouldn't kill himself and then went ahead to inspire Judas Iscariot to do the same? Think!!!
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Freh(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
How come Jesus said Satan loves only the things of man? By what religion teaches Satan should hate the things of men.
Jesus also said to the pharisees in John 8, not sure, to the pharisees that you are the children of your Father Satan. He was a LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING
This goes against the idea that he was once in truth.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by johnhood(m): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not think Satan is trying to fight God ; I think he is only try to prove a point to God .
Please which point
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
theunnamed:

God is perfect, there are places in the Bible though where it seemed God was regretting.
Like that time he wanted to slay the children of Israel but Moses begged him to stop
God is perfect and has feelings too, He wants things to remain perfect as He has made them but the devil keep destroying things.. But thank God we have victory in Christ Jesus. The devil has been from time being perfect too but let pride ruined him.. Being perfect doesn't means we don't have feelings, of course we will always do

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 2:54am On Jul 27, 2018
johnhood:

Please which point
That man cannot genuinely love God without God can doing something for him .
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Shelumiel: 3:03am On Jul 27, 2018
Freh:

Where do people get these speculations from cause I know it's not the bible. The 1/3 of the angels that the Op is referring to is from the book of revelation. And it clearly stated that the things in book will reveal things that are to come. Look at the Bible in it's actual context. Stories about the fall and a war happening before creation are extra biblical and purely human interpretations and not fact.
The mention of Lucifer in Isaiah 14, I think, is referring to the King of Babylon. Even if you want to say it is symbolic or figurative. There's no part of the Bible that ties Satan to Lucifer. There's no part of the Bible that talks about him as a Fallen angel. All fallen angels mentioned in the bible are clearly stated to be imprisoned or serving a form of punishment. But Satan can apparently waltz into God’s presence in the midst of SONS OF GOD. It makes me wonder if he can't considered one himself.
God doesn't have an adversary because implying so would mean there's someone that can rival his power. It's humans that are wrestling with our nature and have demonized parts of ourselves that have forces to contend against. The devil is the one we blame for all of it, like the persian Angra Mainyu.
Hence the teaching of grace had to be born in a religion like Christianity because the strength of the devil comes from the guilt you feel about perfectly natural things and from that inward division and war within you. Hence the accuser of the brethren.

How come satan spoke through Peter and said that Christ shouldn't kill himself and then went ahead to inspire Judas Iscariot to do the same? Think!!!
Brother , the writings in the bible are not stories; they are true occurrences of things that happened, and will happen. If one narrative in the bible is a story(like the fall of lucifer and his angels?, then the question of Jesus , and His mission to save mankind , is untrue. Please think !
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by DAVEZONIGLTD: 4:40am On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

Clap for yourself, you've proven a point, but I believe what I believe, you will not change that.
Here's a small something for you to read

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12

Destiny baby
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

That means he made a mistake so therefore is imperfect evenue though he claims he can do the impossible
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Freh(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2018
Shelumiel:
Brother , the writings in the bible are not stories; they are true occurrences of things that happened, and will happen. If one narrative in the bible is a story(like the fall of lucifer and his angels?, then the question of Jesus , and His mission to save mankind , is untrue. Please think !
It's like you didn't even read my post. I'm saying the Bible never made a connection between Lucifer and Satan. Lucifer is on his own. Satan on his own. Belial on his own.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

That means he made a mistake so therefore is imperfect evenue though he claims he can do the impossible

GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES!
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freh:
How come Jesus said Satan loves only the things of man? By what religion teaches Satan should hate the things of men.
Jesus also said to the pharisees in John 8, not sure, to the pharisees that you are the children of your Father Satan. He was a LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING

You being in truth don mean you don't tl lies

Just saying
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freh:

You being in truth don mean you don't tell lies

Just saying
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freh:

Timing...

I like the way you reason.
Lucifer is one of the sons of God
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES!
Then why did he feel regreturn?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

Timing...

I like the way you reason.
Lucifer is one of the sons of God
The Bible verse that says luckier was talking of King nebuchadnezzar.

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Then why did he feel regreturn?

Reffer to previous post, we have discussed this on earlier posts in this thread
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

Reffer to previous post, we have discussed this on earlier posts in this thread
There was no explanation. Just say you don't know. You won't die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians / Queen Elizabeth To Attend Worship And Communion Service With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.