Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? (5507 Views)

The Angels In The Bible Has A Colour, Guess What? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Dantedasz(m): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2018
A perfect all knowing creator should never have regrets because he is susposed to be all knowing. He should know his creations actions even before they make them,so how can he regret or be disappointed?
If a perfect creator has regrets over his creations,then he is not all knowing.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2018
MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?

SALUTE TO SEITAN AND HIS GANG. THE FIRST PEOPLE TO FIGHT FOR EQUAL RIGHTS, AND AGAINST INJUSTICE.

IF THERE WAS ENJOYMENT AND PERFECTION UP THERE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED SOMETHING ELSE.
BUT BEFORE THEN, HOW DID OUR EVER ALL KNOWING GRANDPA NOT KNOW BEFORE HAND THAT THE ANGELS HE'LL CREATE WILL STAGE A PROTEST AGAINST HIM AND TRY TO DETRONE HIM? THIS STORY NEVER ADDS UP.
@HOPEFULLANDLORD HOW YOU SEE AM?

4 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SALUTE TO SEITAN AND HIS GANG. THE FIRST PEOPLE TO FIGHT FOR EQUAL RIGHTS, AND AGAINST INJUSTICE.

IF THERE WAS ENJOYMENT AND PERFECTION UP THERE THEY WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED SOMETHING ELSE.
BUT BEFORE THEN, HOW DID OUR EVER ALL KNOWING GRANDPA NOT KNOW BEFORE HAND THAT THE ANGELS HE'LL CREATE WILL STAGE A PROTEST AGAINST HIM AND TRY TO DETRONE HIM? THIS STORY NEVER ADDS UP.

Na so!

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by vaxx: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

We know its impossible for someone unarmed to fight a team comprising 40 highly trained military men pointing a gun at him, kill them all and have his well pressed suit looking as good as it did before the fight started but we just pretend its possible for that moment otherwise we ruin the entire movie; /

Am interested in this particular point...Absolutely, being in the military does not make you any more trained than the average person. That's one of the big misconceptions out there. The military's greatest strength is working as a team in war. They spend a lot of time gathering intelligence and completing rather boring missions.There's nothing special about a solder in terms of combat. They don't even train in martial arts(apart from the use of weapon) as much as some civilian does. There's a bunch of cases where solders have lost against average civilians in fights. At least i personally witness two when I was at home. One in Lagos and another in ibadan..... during the Niger delta crises . They are so many reported cases how some were beaten to stupor by the militant boys....
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Maamin(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=RuthlessLeader post=69779743]
I don't blame you for this trash.

God knows that Satan will rebel, why create him then? Why not just not create him just to make sure? God is the creator and he knows the future. He is omnipotent as well and all he makes is good.

He declares the end from the beginning. He confound wisdom with foolishness just the way he pleases just to show you that all things holds together and consist in him.

It is like asking your parents, why do they have to give birth to you when they know that you will eventually grow old get sick and die

How is it that a perfectly good angel could become bad without outside influence, whereas eve needed to be convinced by the devil in the guise of a serpent?

This perfectly good angel(s) have their own free will, they were not created as robot. That is the essence of free will you can choose sides, to either be Good or to either be bad. But it comes with consequences.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Dlionsheart: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
God created Satan. But that is not really true. God created Lucifer. That may seem like a small distinction at first glance, but once you understand who really made Satan, it will change your perspective of him forever.

You will never again doubt your authority over the devil. You will realize that he is an inferior being, unable to do anything without the cooperation of a human being. And any fear you have of him will disappear as you realize he is nothing but a big zero with the rim knocked off.

I believe that God created everything, including Lucifer. He created Lucifer as a powerful anointed angel. However, Lucifer wasn’t satisfied with that, and he didn’t remain the anointed cherub that God created him to be.

Ezekiel 28:13-14 describe him as he originally was in the Garden of Eden:

“Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”

Most people believe that Lucifer took one-third of the angels and rebelled against God in heaven, where he was defeated and then cast to earth. This is all taken from one scripture, in Revelation 12:4, and was popularized by Finis Dake in the Dake’s Bible commentary. I don’t believe that is what actually happened.

I believe that Satan was originally on this earth in the Garden of Eden as Lucifer. He was God’s number one angel sent to earth to be a blessing to Adam and Eve.

Hebrews 1:14 says this about angels:

“Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

Lucifer wasn’t sent to the earth to tempt Adam and Eve but to bless them. He was an angelic being sent to be their protector, to minister to them, and to serve them. He was there on a divine mission, still in his perfect state. It was in the Garden that his transgression against God was conceived and carried out.

Ezekiel 28:15 goes on to say,

“Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.”

I have never been able to follow the logic that God sent Satan to earth to tempt man and see how he would respond. As a father, would you take your two-year-old child and put him or her in a cage with a lion just to see how he or she would respond? That would obviously be irresponsible; the child would be no match for the lion. God wouldn’t do that to us, and he didn’t do that to Adam and Eve.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
vaxx:

Am interested in this particular point...Absolutely, being in the military does not make you any more trained than the average person. That's one of the big misconceptions out there. The military's greatest strength is working as a team in war. They spend a lot of time gathering intelligence and completing rather boring missions.There's nothing special about a solder in terms of combat. They don't even train in martial arts(apart from the use of weapon) as much as some civilian does. There's a bunch of cases where solders have lost against average civilians in fights. At least i personally witness two when I was at home. One in Lagos and another in ibadan..... during the Niger delta crises . They are so many reported cases how some were beaten to stupor by the militant boys....

This is beside my point though

No matter how "unspecial" the 40 military guys are and no matter how strong the average Joe is, there's no way that Joe would take on 40 military men pointing a gun at him when he himself is unarmed

There's no way such a person won't be overwhelmed and would either have to surrender to save his life or fight and maybe take out one or two of the military guys at most before having his body full of holes where they don't belong

If we now go a step further and even believe by some awesome out of this world luck he's able to take out those 40 armed military men, there's no way he would still look as sexy as he did before the fight started

That's what I mean by suspension of belief

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Dlionsheart: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
So, what made Lucifer turn against God? you may wonder. Lucifer watched as God did something for man that He had never done with any other of His creation. When God created man, not only was he made in the very image of God, but he was then given unconditional authority over this earth.

Genesis 1:26 says,

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”

He didn’t say to them, “Now as long as you follow my leading and as long as you do what I want you to do, I will let you have dominion over the earth.” There was zero qualification for this power and authority. God spoke it and that was it. Read Psalm 89:34, Hebrews 1:3, Psalm 115:16.

What the above portions of the bible is saying is that God cannot lie; it’s the integrity of His Word that holds the entire universe together. Unlike human beings who reserve the right to change their minds, God will not violate His Word. When He told Adam and Eve they had dominion, authority, and power to subdue and rule, it was done.

Lucifer understood the integrity of God’s words, and when he heard this, I believe his antenna went up. He saw that Adam and Eve had something he wanted but didn’t have: They had unconditional authority. In a way, they had been made the gods of this world; it was theirs to rule and subdue.

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Dlionsheart: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
In Isaiah 14:13 it says,

“For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.”

The next verse says,

“I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.”

Lucifer understood that if he could deceive Adam and Eve into willingly relinquishing their authority to him that he could become the god of this world. He could take the authority that was given to mankind, use it to thwart the kingdom of God, and receive the praise and adoration and glory he wanted. This I believed, led satan to use his domineering power given to him by God Almighty over other angels that was not as strong as himself. You can say he recruited other (lower) angels with a promise that if and or when he become God himself, they will be apportion part of the earth to rule and will no more be "lower" angels compare to man but very powerful.

BUT WHY WAS GOD ALMIGHTY SILENCE OVER THESE PLANS, you may ask

The opprotunity to be like God being worshiped may have been very enticing.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by vaxx: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This is beside my point though

No matter how "unspecial" the 40 military guys are and no matter how strong the average Joe is, there's no way that Joe would take on 40 military men pointing a gun at him when he himself is unarmed

There's no way such a person won't be overwhelmed and would either have to surrender to save his life or fight and maybe take out one or two of the military guys at most before having his body full of holes where they don't belong

If we now go a step further and even believe by some awesome out of this world luck he's able to take out those 40 armed military men, there's no way he would still look as sexy as he did before the fight started

That's what I mean by suspension of belief
that is why I said the greatest military strength is working as a team in the war......

I am not really interested in the topic, I just find this point interested and I decide to chip in. I must have deviate from the point of disscussion.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by kkins25(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
vaxx:
that is why I said the greatest military strength is working as a team in the war......

I am not really interested in the topic, I just find this point interested and I decide to chip in. I must have deviate from the point of disscussion.
Kindly elaborate qhat you think on the topic dear sir,
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Talkytalky55: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?
Satan is not an Angel actually rather a jinn, jinns are created from smokeless fire �, while Angels are created from pure light. Jinns are a race of beings but we can't see them. Angels cannot disobey God.
Satan is a very old jinn, who worshipped God with very much all he has but had pride, when God told him to bow before Adam which he challenged God by saying why will I bow to someone you created from the earth( mud) while I'm created from fire,so he felt superior and God banished him and of course he pleaded for God to let him live till the day of recompense so that he can lead all mankind any from astray to confirm his claim that he's superior to mankind.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Talkytalky55: 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Dlionsheart:
In Isaiah 14:13 it says,

“For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.”

The next verse says,

“I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.”

Lucifer understood that if he could deceive Adam and Eve into willingly relinquishing their authority to him that he could become the god of this world. He could take the authority that was given to mankind, use it to thwart the kingdom of God, and receive the praise and adoration and glory he wanted. This I believed, led satan to use his domineering power given to him by God Almighty over other angels that was not as strong as himself. You can say he recruited other (lower) angels with a promise that if and or when he become God himself, they will be apportion part of the earth to rule and will no more be "lower" angels compare to man but very powerful.

BUT WHY WAS GOD ALMIGHTY SILENCE OVER THESE PLANS, you may ask

The opprotunity to be like God being worshiped may have been very enticing.
Angels are pure beings that cannot go astray. Think about it.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by sonmvayina(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
Satan simply means adversary...only humans have adversaries. God does not.

Lucifer is not real. Lucifer is a title that simply means light bearer. It was used to describe the planet Venus. Which happens to be a she.
Venus is part of God, it is the orisha of love , lust and beauty..well she is also the orisha of death and war. She was used to describe king Nebuchadnezzar..
It is a dirge...literature student will understand..

Devil is a Christian creation..

Those it make sense now..
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by wirinet(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:

Gbam. The bible God is identical to President Putin - narcissistic, dictatorial and incompetent. They both launch a war they cannot win. They both employ lies, fables and propaganda and then threats to ensure their followers and supporters fall in line. The bible Satan is like President Zelensky,he wants total freedom and democracy for his followers.

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by DeepSight(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
CAPSLOCKED:

Those chaps (Alhaji God and Alhaji Shaytan) as described don't exist. If at all the story happened, it was maybe an ET war.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On May 27, 2023
MykeDesigns:
■ I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God?
How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being?
■ Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?
That never happened I am afraid. undecided
There is no situation where people would ever need to engage in such meaninglessness. undecided
These ideas are not of truth but of fables, sorry! Satan instead works for God. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mystical Christianity - An Loj Perspective / How Long Will Jehovah Remain In His Spiritual Cage? / Is Mitchell Obama Really A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.