Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? (5492 Views)

The Angels In The Bible Has A Colour, Guess What? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Freh(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

He wasn't just a liar but a murderer. Who did Satan Kill, I ask myself?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

There was no explanation. Just say you don't know. You won't die

According to the dictionary definition, regret is a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do.

That God regretted something doesn't mean He made a mistake, it means He was disappointed.

I think this is explainatory enough
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freh:
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

He wasn't just a liar but a murderer. Who did Satan Kill, I ask myself?

There're always casualties in war dude
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
theunnamed:

According to the dictionary definition, regret is a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do.

That God regretted something doesn't mean He made a mistake, it means He was disappointed.

I think this is explainatory enough
So how can an omnipotent and omniscient god feel disappointed. Shouldn't he know the best course of action to take to ensure he feels no regrets?

This is like me throwing my phone outside my house and expecting it to land in the kitchen and then feeling disappointed when it doesn't. I made a mistake, a foolish one at that.

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Meekha(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
If you are a fervent student of the Scripture, You will discover that Satan did not actually want to dethrone God. He wanted to run a parallel government to that of God. He wanted to be "Like the most High" without actally dethroning God
Isaiah 14:12-14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

The problem of Lucifer was PRIDE! As one of the most highly placed anointed cherub who have seen many dimensions of the most High, he must have reasoned within himself that he now had all there is to be the Most High with respect to knowledge and hence the rebellion!

I laugh when i hear people say that angels don't have wills that they are just like robots but the Scripture records a totall different fact! angels had the choice to choose between God and Lucifer and they chose the latter. This shows that they had a choice which invariably means that they are willed creatures! The fallen angels from heaven had sex with the daughters of men and they conceived men of great stature (the Nephilims) meaning that they have emotional feelings, men of old, men of renown!
Now back to the question, The reason why the devil was able to deceive those angels was because, just like Satan, they don't know God in totality. Had they known, they wouldn't have conceived such fruitless venture. They probably thought that the only dimension of him as seen by them was all their is to His eternal Wisdom and might! Oh how wrong they were! Plotting to overthrow the Wisdom od the ages Himelf!
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

So how can an omnipotent and omniscient god feel disappointed. Shouldn't he know the best course of action to take to ensure he feels no regrets?

This is like me throwing my phone outside my house and expecting it to land in the kitchen and then feeling disappointed when it doesn't. I made a mistake, a foolish one at that.

Yes throwing out your phone is foolish mistake, but imagine a situation where a teacher tells his students areas his questions will be set from in the exam but still 50% of his class fails the same exam. Do you expect that teacher to not be disappointed?

This is a better instance than the nonsense you sited

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
theunnamed:

Yes throwing out your phone is foolish mistake, but imagine a situation where a teacher tells his students areas his questions will be set from in the exam but still 50% of his class fails the same exam. Do you expect that teacher to not be disappointed?

This is a better instance than the nonsense you sited
I don't blame you for this trash.

God knows that Satan will rebel, why create him then? Why not just not create him just to make sure? God is the creator and he knows the future. He is omnipotent as well and all he makes is good.

How is it that a perfectly good angel could become bad without outside influence, whereas eve needed to be convinced by the devil in the guise of a serpent?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I don't blame you for this trash.

God knows that Satan will rebel, why create him then? Why not just not create him just to make sure? God is the creator and he knows the future. He is omnipotent as well and all he makes is good.

He is God, He'll do whatever He damn well pleases!

How is it that a perfectly good angel could become bad without outside influence, whereas eve needed to be convinced by the devil in the guise of a serpent?

One is an angel, the other was only human
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2018
theunnamed:

He is God, He'll do whatever He damn well pleases!
That includes sending you to hell even after giving your life to Christ and asking him to forgive you of your sins. He is God.

One is an angel, the other was only human
What does this mean? Angels can easily be corrupted?
Where in the Bible is this stated?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

That includes sending you to hell even after giving your life to Christ and asking him to forgive you of your sins. He is God.

Like I said, whatever He damn well pleases

What does this mean? Angels can easily be corrupted?
Where in the Bible is this stated?

Isn't this question the point of this thread??
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by LordOfNaira: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

No it is not, regretting something doesn't necessarily mean it's a mistake, it just means it didn't go quite how you planned it

You can't defend lies, my friend. The fact is that the Bible is a book of fables.

God is supposed to be perfect. How can REGRET be exhibited by something that is perfect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Freh(m): 1:12am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

There're always casualties in war dude
But the idea we have is that he was wise and Godly in the beginning
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by UbiPetrus: 7:07am On Jul 29, 2018
MykeDesigns:
Yes this does make sense he was an arch-angel second in command so he would be able to do some things God can do
The devil wasn't an arch angel.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Like I said, whatever He damn well pleases

Isn't this question the point of this thread??
Okay.

Why would god make the angels easily corruptible intentionally? I thought everything he made was good
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2018
LordOfNaira:

You can't defend lies, my friend. The fact is that the Bible is a book of fables.

Since you have pointed out that I have been "defending" God, this is my last reply, Dude's almighty, He can defend Himself

And yes, I don't understand everything in the Bible yet, but i believe and its enough for me

God is supposed to be perfect. How can REGRET be exhibited by something that is perfect?

So you're saying that God doesn't have the right to be disappointed?
Is that it?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Okay.

Why would god make the angels easily corruptible intentionally? I thought everything he made was good

Oh I don't know...
Why do trees wither?
Why do perfectly good fruits get rotten?
Why is water both good and bad?
Why do babies who are both innocent and adorable grow up to be murders or rapist or both?

I don't have all the answers dude, I'm actually trying to find some and unlike you, I haven't ruled out all the possibilities

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2018
Freh:

But the idea we have is that he was wise and Godly in the beginning

Who was?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Oh I don't know...
Why do trees wither?
Why do perfectly good fruits get rotten?
Why is water both good and bad?
Why do babies who are both innocent and adorable grow up to be murders or rapist or both?

I don't have all the answers dude, I'm actually trying to find some and unlike you, I haven't ruled out all the possibilities
Then why do you believe in this God?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Then why do you believe in this God?

I've often asked myself this question in the past

At first I thought it was because I was born into a Christian home but that's not it
It's not because of escaping hell either
I can't tell you for sure why, I just know that I do, I can't explain it.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

I've often asked myself this question in the past

At first I thought it was because I was born into a Christian home but that's not it
It's not because of escaping hell either
I can't tell you for sure why, I just know that I do, I can't explain it.
If you cannot explain why you believe in God, why should I beleven in him as well? Didn't Jesus implore you to spread the word?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:41am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

If you cannot explain why you believe in God, why should I beleven in him as well? Didn't Jesus implore you to spread the word?

Believe me when I tell you that it took time for me to get here, just don't be closed of to the idea, start small, you don't even have to go to church yet, you can tune in to a TV station listen on the word, and I don't mean the miracle services, listen as the preacher talks about God.

These are a few of my fav preachers and programs
Pastor David Ibiyomie, program on TV is hour of salvation
Pastor Sam Adeyemi
Pastor Chris Oyakhilomie
Check them out

Also there's more to spreading the word than we know
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Believe me when I tell you that it took time for me to get here, just don't be closed of to the idea, start small, you don't even have to go to church yet, you can tune in to a TV station listen on the word, and I don't mean the miracle services, listen as the preacher talks about God.

These are a few of my fav preachers and programs
Pastor David Ibiyomie, program on TV is hour of salvation
Pastor Sam Adeyemi
Pastor Chris Oyakhilomie
Check them out

Also there's more to spreading the word than we know
You mean these preachers that just want your money?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You mean these preachers that just want your money?

Like I said, be open minded, isn't that what free thinkers are supposed to be?

Just listen to them talk about God, also nobody had to give them jack. Nobody was forced and I personally don't fall for cheap blackmail
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Like I said, be open minded, isn't that what free thinkers are supposed to be?

Just listen to them talk about God, also nobody had to give them jack. Nobody was forced and I personally don't fall for cheap blackmail
I have listened to them all my life. I am not convinced.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I have listened to them all my life. I am not convinced.

Or you had already decided not to be?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Tejiriseth(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2018
I like the way you think
MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Or you had already decided not to be?
I did not decide to be. I realised I wasn't convinced.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by LordOfNaira: 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
theunnamed:

Since you have pointed out that I have been "defending" God, this is my last reply, Dude's almighty, He can defend Himself

And yes, I don't understand everything in the Bible yet, but i believe and its enough for me

So you're saying that God doesn't have the right to be disappointed?
Is that it?

Bro, is God all-knowing? I want a honest answer, please.
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by theunnamed: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
LordOfNaira:

Bro, is God all-knowing? I want a honest answer, please.

I know you're trying to twist this but I'll answer anyway.

Yes God is Omniscient.

For a someone who is a "free thinker" you're pretty closed off to an idea

I once met a free thinker, I really admired the way he reasoned especially concerning religious matters such as these, g even gave me my first Dan Brown novel.

You're really far from the idea he was representing
Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 04, 2018
MykeDesigns:
I have been wondering about this for some time but how could Satan convince over 10 billion Angels to betray God? How would 10 billion people stand up to fight against an all powerful being? Is it that God wasn't omnipotent and that there was a chance to dethrone God or was it that serving under God was so terrible that the 10 billion Angels could no longer stand it and had to rebel?

The bible devil didn't have to convince 10 billion angels to fight the bible God......because they both don't exist grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 04, 2018
MykeDesigns:
I personally wonder if God is actually all powerful because why would Satan keep waging war with him even though it is said he would lose and be thrown into hell, How foolish would you have to be to fight a being which can destroy you with just one hand?

The bible God doesn't seem to have any control over the bible devil. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? by 1Sharon(f): 2:39am On Aug 27, 2018
Lmaaaoooo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? / Salary Scale: Whats The Salary Range For Catholic Priests & Other Clergies? / Bawomolo & Manmustwac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.