Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? (24975 Views)

MEN!! If You Still Take Women On "Dates" Today, You Are An IDI0T!! (Photo) / Is It Ethical For Couples To Have Sex Before Or After Service On A Sunday? / Is It Ethical And Godly For Couples To Give Head To Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by jorion(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
My type of relationship. Being with one Nigerian girl can be boring especially the ones with low E.Q. so if she wants to move with other guys, why stop her. As long as she doesn't throw a fit, gets angry or starts putting up those stupid irritating envious feminine attitudes when she sees me with someone else, WE WILL BE JUST FINE

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by larrybabanla(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
kennygee:
Relationship isn't marriage, I'll marry you isn't marriage. Do things the way that will please God.

Shalom.
See werey, since we are only dating, dont expect shit from me, u av to wait till we get married,
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
nkwuocha:
yes.What we call ''relationship'' between the opposite sex this days is an avenue to commit several immoral atrocities.
The best way a lady can easily get married from my observation is when she plays the no strings attached kind of relationship with guys as long as she is not having sex with any of them.From experience,those who really do love you will be so frustrated and then you end up having two or more guys popping the question at same time.

lets say my name is chioma.

i have the following dudes on my call list

chinedu- spare part dealer
seun-banker
emeka- engr and youth leader
ikechukwu- business man
martins- yahoo boy tongue
dele-aspiring polithian
ogadimma- doctor

As chioma,i will invite chinedu for a fresh fish point and kill on sunday evening,after which i will invite him to church on Wednesday evening.calling him once in a while to ask after his business and his mother.ladies always ask after our mothers,Believe me we love it!

on wednesday,Emeka is in church.after talking and passing witty talks and charming smile,he watches as i bid him farewell and join my invitee chinedu.I will send a message minutes later to Emeka on a long call that i just arrived home and bid him good night.Thats an indication that i didnt take chinedu home to Bleep him.Him mind go dey reason many things..... cheesy

dont forget i have a dinner date with Seun on saturday.Dont forget we chat once in a while and i bought a nice bottle of cologne for his birthday last month!He is a very busy man so saturdays and sundays are is very free days.Infact i recently joined him for a bachelors eve of his colleagues and so we maintain a very healthy communication.

martains na G boy.All the paroles is always at night when he picks you up at 11pm an drops you off at 1 am.Dear martains if na seex you dey find ,no come my house again.By the way martains,id like to visit you soon,at least let me help with your dirty laundries and clean up the house.He likes the idea even if he uses laundry services and spends more time with prostitutes in 5 stars hotel rooms.When you go,go with a more beautiful friend.It will leave him either confused or outsmarted. Dont ask him for money.No need sef. He will spend without you asking.

dele na politician. Dont forget to send him inspirational quotes every morning.Engage him in politics.Call more often than normal and make him know his dreams and aspirations are important to you.

As for ogadimma,Be nice,classy and straightforward.Doctors are good listeners and intuitive.Be on your goody two shoes with this one. Ogadimma please go and pay my bride price if you want me so badly in your bed/After which you drop the cooler of freshly prepared veggies on his office table,carry your hand bag,swing your buttocks and walk out of his beautifully furnished office.

in a year if any of them no marry you,then your spirit husband is wicked!
Well played!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
nkwuocha:
yes.What we call ''relationship'' between the opposite sex this days is an avenue to commit several immoral atrocities.
The best way a lady can easily get married from my observation is when she plays the no strings attached kind of relationship with guys as long as she is not having sex with any of them.From experience,those who really do love you will be so frustrated and then you end up having two or more guys popping the question at same time.

seun-banker
ikechukwu- business man
dele-aspiring polithian
ogadimma- doctor

As chioma,i will invite chinedu for a fresh fish point and kill on sunday evening,after which i will invite him to church on Wednesday evening.calling him once in a while to ask after his business and his mother.ladies always ask after our mothers,Believe me we love it!

on wednesday,Emeka is in church.after talking and passing witty talks and charming smile,he watches as i bid him farewell and join my invitee chinedu.I will send a message minutes later to Emeka on a long call that i just arrived home and bid him good night.Thats an indication that i didnt take chinedu home to Bleep him.Him mind go dey reason many things..... cheesy

dont forget i have a dinner date with Seun on saturday.Dont forget we chat once in a while and i bought a nice bottle of cologne for his birthday last month!He is a very busy man so saturdays and sundays are is very free days.Infact i recently joined him for a bachelors eve of his colleagues and so we maintain a very healthy communication.

martains na G boy.All the paroles is always at night when he picks you up at 11pm an drops you off at 1 am.Dear martains if na seex you dey find ,no come my house again.By the way martains,id like to visit you soon,at least let me help with your dirty laundries and clean up the house.He likes the idea even if he uses laundry services and spends more time with prostitutes in 5 stars hotel rooms.When you go,go with a more beautiful friend.It will leave him either confused or outsmarted. Dont ask him for money.No need sef. He will spend without you asking.

dele na politician. Dont forget to send him inspirational quotes every morning.Engage him in politics.Call more often than normal and make him know his dreams and aspirations are important to you.

As for ogadimma,Be nice,classy and straightforward.Doctors are good listeners and intuitive.Be on your goody two shoes with this one. Ogadimma please go and pay my bride price if you want me so badly in your bed/After which you drop the cooler of freshly prepared veggies on his office table,carry your hand bag,swing your buttocks and walk out of his beautifully furnished office.

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Peterpanny: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:
If the nature of the relationship is platonic, I see nothing wrong with someone going out with people of the opposite gender. Now if she knows the guy is interested in more than just a friendship, then it's problematic imo. Because it's encouraging in a way to go out with someone who has feelings for you, unless you spell it out to them, in no uncertain terms, that you're IN a relationship. Personally I think something like that should only be said once. If a guy persists regardless, then you probably shouldn't be friends with him, because he's disrespecting your boundaries/ relationship. So yeah, going out with friends is not an issue. The issue is only when you're aware they like you, but you still sleepover etc.
aunty why are u confusing urself na

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
Peterpanny:
aunty why are u confusing urself na

How?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Chikebranny123(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:

How?
honky Yuh 5_ potential husibandu.
Hmmm
Yiur prayer point us longo

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by rosalieene(f): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
ladies, feel free to go on a date.

you owe no one.

there is 90% possibility that you and ur partner may break up.

So assuming you are with this guy for 5-8years, after chasing other guys away because of him, you still broke up. whose loss? always you because they will still be the one calling you old woman while they go on for the younger girls. This is 50% part of the reason why you see unmarried ladies in their 30's.

going on a date doesn't mean you are cheating. be free because your rightful partner may be amongst them.

Unless you have prayed and got revelation that ur guy is your rightful partner, if not.....

a word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by SirMichael1: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
XhosaNostra:
If the nature of the relationship is platonic, I see nothing wrong with someone going out with people of the opposite gender. Now if she knows the guy is interested in more than just a friendship, then it's problematic imo. Because it's encouraging in a way to go out with someone who has feelings for you, unless you spell it out to them, in no uncertain terms, that you're IN a relationship. Personally I think something like that should only be said once. If a guy persists regardless, then you probably shouldn't be friends with him, because he's disrespecting your boundaries/ relationship. So yeah, going out with friends is not an issue. The issue is only when you're aware they like you, but you still sleepover etc.

What is the meaning of IMO?
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by XhosaNostra(f): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
SirMichael1:

What is the meaning of IMO?

In My Opinion.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ladygudhead(f): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Authoreety:
Its a No No for my gal...

Bt if a lady feels like hanging out wt me, I hav no problem wt that...

No body shld mention me o..

My dogs aint in dia leash
I'm sorry i cant help but mention u. u just made me LMAO this evenning. Funny people too full this NL. na ur own u dey jare. werey boyfriend! hahahaahaha...ur dogs dey chop bottle?!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Luciferhimself: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2018
Reelmii:
are u the devil
Yes I am
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ladygudhead(f): 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
preshdiva:
There's no hard and fast rule to dos and donts in a relationship. It depends on the partners. If you're in an exclusive relationship, where you're working towards marriage, I think both partners should be entirely exclusive. However, if you're only dating, with no clear goal or plan of getting married, pls be nice to other people, don't chase other men away because you're "dating" Biko. Now sef that you are not sure if your boyfriend is is being dated by someone else while you're there dating him lipsrsealed
This lady has said it all. Nobody should comment again. THREAD CLOSED!!!
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Mruwa1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
Waiting she dey find dey go for life u dey into relationship still going on a date wit other guys if not official date base on business forget am and park well
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Dammylois(f): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
Delete that sleepover biko..... Or the guy be Eunuch? Temptation niyen o.... How do you hope to explain that to your boyfriend?? I see nothing wrong n other ones though
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by openmine(m): 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
kennygee:
Relationship isn't marriage, I'll marry you isn't marriage. Do things the way that will please God.

Shalom.
Yet you will demand that your partner remains faithful and loyal to you while in a relationship but in your own case,instead of remaining faithful,you then come up with this stale excuse that "relationship is not marriage".....smh undecided undecided
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Mavrick2012: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
It's wrong because deep within you, you know, i know, we all know that it will one day lead to sex.
This is the sequence :
Frequent chat,
emotional cheating,
outing,
Sex sex sex.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by openmine(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
nkwuocha:

seun-banker
ikechukwu- business man
dele-aspiring polithian
ogadimma- doctor

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by OBJlive: 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
It is very good to be in a relationship and go out with other guys or even date or get pregnant for your friend that shows strong liking for you.Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ebukaka12(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2018
cool

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
UyiIredia:

I am liberal in that regard. As far as I am concerned it is not wrong because she is not engaged or married to her boyfriend yet. So at that stage she needs to meet with other guys to have options for marriage.

What will make it wrong is if she lies about it or if she is really close with her boyfriend and still does it because in such situations there is deep emotional involvement and other relationships can hurt. The best thing is to sort out this issue on a first date whether the girl can go out with other guys. If you as a woman want to go out with other guys while at the boyfriend stage make it clear to him and don't hide it, that's also bad.

I respect your views

The keyword here is “IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH”

Until you engage to those who do, it means you are knowing each until u decide to engage or marry

So how can you know each other when one is going see other pontential partners? You are meant to pay attention to each other seeing whether you can function as couple etc

Remember the saying “ you can only save one master “ Going on dates while in a relationship will make you loose focus of the current relationship, you will start looking for faults in your current partner when there is none simply becoz you fancy the guy you want to go on date with.

Have you ever noticed what most men who cheat on there wives do, they finds faults in there wives and argue over nothing, simply becoz there are getting attention from the girlfriend

Lets not complicate things by throwing none normal aka platonic relationship or open relationship. those are not our average normal relationships

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by rosy1992(f): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
it is not ethical,a lady who goes on date with other guys while she has a bf is exposing herself to become vulnerable to these guys.if you are not certain about your relationship then you should take a walk
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by Blacknight28: 12:10am On Jul 27, 2018
Expect anything wen u r in a relationship.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by SirMichael1: 12:49am On Jul 27, 2018
XhosaNostra:

In My Opinion.
You guys should make things better for we, the comment readers na.
Zero the use of abbreviations. Thank you.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by BabaRamota1980: 1:05am On Jul 27, 2018
Olalan:
Really why would you go out on dates with someone else aside from your partner? You might have a clean mind towards it but the fellow you're out with might have other plans

Best response!

Avoid it than be sorry later
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by DSDLIVEREPORT: 3:33am On Jul 27, 2018
What is ethical in fornication? E gba mi o
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by zolacoded(m): 3:43am On Jul 27, 2018
Evince:
u aint in love with her. u just want her to be bleeping others as excuse to jilt her and marry another. for ur info engagement aint marriage but a promise
Over sense we not kill u ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by zolacoded(m): 3:57am On Jul 27, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

I respect your views

The keyword here is “IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH”

Until you engage to those who do, it means you are knowing each until u decide to engage or marry

So how can you know each other when one is going see other pontential partners? You are meant to pay attention to each other seeing whether you can function as couple etc

Remember the saying “ you can only save one master “ Going on dates while in a relationship will make you loose focus of the current relationship, you will start looking for faults in your current partner when there is none simply becoz you fancy the guy you want to go on date with.

Have you ever noticed what most men who cheat on there wives do, they finds faults in there wives and argue over nothing, simply becoz there are getting attention from the girlfriend

Lets not complicate things by throwing none normal aka platonic relationship or open relationship. those are not our average normal relationships
Gbam!!! God bless u front, back, middle nd centre......Lol

You actually nailed it. Love ur stance on dis.
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by anonymous1759(m): 4:30am On Jul 27, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
Is it a sign of good virtue by a lady in relationship to go out with other guys on dates, e.g birthday parties, clubs, shopping, sleep over, hangout etc? if wrong tell us your reasons.

Totally wrong. 99.9 % of men wants to have something with their female friends. And the ladies know. Going out with them is as good opening the door wide open. She's allowed to go weddings birthdays etc but not a personal date... But most naija girls hardly resist free meals. And because of that they make up excuses, saying their boyfriend is too harsh for not Allowing them to associate knowing fully well the guy is interested in them
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by iamHighDee(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2018
I don't understand why some people say this. There's something common to both relationships and marriage; and that is commitment. If you're seeing other people or going on dates with other guys/girls while you're in a relationship, that relationship is an open relationship.

kennygee:

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by iamHighDee(m): 8:17am On Jul 27, 2018
God bless you!!! That's the problem with most Nigerian ladies these days and it's sickening

anonymous1759:

Totally wrong. 99.9 % of men wants to have something with their female friends. And the ladies know. Going out with them is as good opening the door wide open. She's allowed to go weddings birthdays etc but not a personal date... But most naija girls hardly resist free meals. And because of that they make up excuses, saying their boyfriend is too harsh for not Allowing them to associate knowing fully well the guy is interested in them
Re: Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship? by moorevic(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
Is it a sign of good virtue by a lady in relationship to go out with other guys on dates, e.g birthday parties, clubs, shopping, sleep over, hangout etc? if wrong tell us your reasons.

hangout and sleepover is a no no, seriously shit can happen, the heart is really deceptive. A few drinks could or can put her off and before you jack sparrow feeling has crept in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Men Check Out Ladies' Asses? / How I discipline My Wife For Disrespecting Me / Why Should A Husband Be Doing This To His Wife? (pics)!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.