Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (13518 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
DavidEsq:

Oga u have not answered my questions on the above scriptures.

Those verses are simply saying we should avoid those sins. The verses never say avoiding them is what will get us saved from hell. We are saved already by having faith in Jesus. Avoiding those sins will actually prevent us from suffering their consequences on earth.

please read the link I gave you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Those verses are simply saying we should avoid those sins. The verses never say avoiding them is what will get us saved from hell. We are saved already by having faith in Jesus. Avoiding those sins will actually prevent us from suffering their consequences on earth.

On the earth alone! So what happens to who ever dies in he or her sin eternally?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
crystalmt:
Amen... Thanks for writing
You welcome
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Faithful is different from having faith in Jesus. faithfulness is keeping to your word or promise. Having faith in Jesus is the same as believe in Jesus, that he died to save you and resurrected on the third day.

Please read the link below to understand what Salvation through Grace alone really means. It is lengthy, but I believe it will get you truly saved.

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html
Wrong and erroneous..
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:

On the earth alone! So what happens to who ever dies in he or her sin eternally?
If you die without believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, you will end up in hell.

Everyone is a sinner. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But believe in Jesus is what sets you apart from other sinners. You will be saved from eternal damnation because of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:
Wrong and erroneous..
It's funny how the wrong people are usually the ones to say others are wrong.
Why not point out the wrong?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jozz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You can't save yourself. Or can you take yourself to heaven which you don't even know the road to?

Works are what show that you are saved, not what you should bank on for salvation. You are saved already once you have faith in Jesus.

Absolutely not correct.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
jozz:

Absolutely not correct.
prove it wrong
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
If you die without believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, you will end up in hell.

Everyone is a sinner. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But believe in Jesus is what sets you apart from other sinners. You will be saved from eternal damnation because of that.
Read Romans 3 very well sir and pray for understanding and stop spreading false teaching.. Read ur 2ndpeter
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:

Read Romans 3 very well sir and pray for understanding and stop spreading false teaching.. Read ur 2ndpeter

How confused you are.

The same Romans 3 which speaks against your stance is what you are trying to use to justify it.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Read Romans 3 very well sir and pray for understanding and stop spreading false teaching.. Read ur 2ndpeter 2, Hebrew 10.. Luke 17 v 32, words of christ himself, remember lot's wife, I believe you know the background story , she was very graced to be held by hand by the angels to escape but what happened, she perished after being saved because she couldn't abide with the instructions not to look back, and so many wonderful examples from the Bible that easily counter this false teaching of once saved forever saved.. Christ himself in the book of John 15 reiterated the importance of constant abiding in him. The Parable of the 10 virgins is also a good example that counters once saved forever saved..

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:

Read Romans 3 very well sir and pray for understanding and stop spreading false teaching.. Read ur 2ndpeter 2, Hebrew 10.. Luke 17 v 32, words of christ himself, remember lot's wife, I believe you know the background stop, she was very graced to be held by hand by the angels to escape but what happened, she perished after by been saved because she couldn't abide with the instructions not to look back, and so many wonderful examples from the Bible that easily counter this false teaching of once saved forever saved.. Christ himself in the book of John 15 reiterated the importance of constant abiding in him. The Parable of the 10 virgins is also a good example that counters once saved forever saved..
What is the meaning of saved?

Lot's wife was never saved. She was still in the process of being saved but doubted, that's why she looked back and got lost. The others had faith and never doubted.

Once God saves something, such can never be lost. Or are you telling me He is not capable of keeping what He saved?

Were the 10 virgins ever saved? No. The 5 that got saved were saved because they had faith that the bridegroom was really going to come, hence their getting extra oil. The other 5 were I. doubt and didn't want to waste resources getting g extra oil. That shows lack of faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by whatofyou: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Christianity, which starts by believing in Christ, repenting and living the life Christ lived in flesh while on earth, which is not so complex, some people have turned this divine path into a space program. Most of us do not know the true meaning of the word grace, and how it applies to Christianity. Again, did we know that majority of the times Apostle Paul was talking about the law (there are about 613 Jewish laws apart from the ten commandments), he was mostly concerned on the law of circumcision, a bitter bone of contention between him and some Jewish Christians regarding the saved Gentiles. Everybody just wants to preach, not minding how they lead souls astray, but have we forgotten there are many gifts which the Spirit gives?

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Lot's wife was never saved. She was still in the process of being saved but doubted, that's why she looked back and got lost. The others had faith and never doubted.

Once God saves something, such can never be lost. Or are you telling me He is not capable of keeping what He saved?

Were the 10 virgins ever saved? No. The 5 that got saved were saved because they had faith that the bridegroom was really going to come, hence their getting extra oil. The other 5 were I. doubt and didn't want to waste resources getting g extra oil. That shows lack of faith.
If you claimed that lot's wife was never saved, how did the husband and the children escaped the damnation? Were they not led by the angels and given instructions not to look back? They were saved and rescued by the angels from the destruction but care of the world made her to look back. Same thing to the contemporary Christians, not to allow sin to reign in our mortal body Romans 6 v 12.. Here's the word of the Christ, Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. I believe you understand this verse as well.. As for the Virgins you're wrong, the word virgin in the Bible is refer to as state of being pure.. So you saying they are not saved is a fallacy, this citation best describe the sate of the 5 foolish virgins. Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I would want to believe that u open ur Bible and read those citations
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:

If you claimed that lot's wife was never saved, how did the husband and the children escaped the damnation? Were they not led by the angels and given instructions not to look back? They were saved and rescued by the angels from the destruction but care of the world made her to look back. Same thing to the contemporary Christians, not to allow sin to reign in our mortal body Romans 6 v 12.. Here's the word of the Christ, Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. I believe you understand this verse as well.. As for the Virgins you're wrong, the word virgin in the Bible is refer to as state of being pure.. So you saying they are not saved is a fallacy, this citation best describe the sate of the 5 foolish virgins. Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

If you say lot's wife was saved, then how come she died? She died because she didn't believe in the salvation the angels brought. She lacked faith. Those that believed Eve really got saved. She only followed them be sure she was pulled by the angels. Without that she won't have followed them because she never believed in their words. Read the verse below to see that she ignored their wanting because she didn't believe in it.

Genesis 19:17

And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

God is too mighty to lose what He has already saved.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Your virgin talk is trash. You say they are pure, then how come they were not saved?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by xerxes456(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
its simple, Saved and be forever saved if you continue to believe in Christ and no matter what happens and you remain under the shadow of the almighty, so, just as faith without works is dead, we cannot continue in sin so that grace may abound, just because where sin abounds grace much more abounds...

What this means in effect is there must be that personal effort of CONTINUING, the moment you stop believing or you sin and refuse to allow the grace of reconciliation bring you back to the presence of God in humble repentance, you cannot expect to still be saved, if you die that way, like Lots wife its damnation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by JennyJuggs: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
jozz:

Absolutely not correct.
Wrong teachings dey this thread o. Hyper grace teachers everywhere
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by JennyJuggs: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
xerxes456:
its simple, Saved and be forever saved if you continue to believe in Christ and no matter what happens and you remain under the shadow of the almighty, so, just as faith without works is dead, we cannot continue in sin so that grace may abound, just because where sin abounds grace much more abounds...

What this means in effect is there must be that personal effort of CONTINUING, the moment you stop believing or you sin and refuse to allow the grace of reconciliation bring you back to the presence of God in humble repentance, you cannot expect to still be saved, if you die that way, like Lots wife its damnation.
God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If you say lot's wife was saved, then how come she died? She died because she didn't believe in the salvation the angels brought. She lacked faith. Those that believed Eve really got saved. She only followed them be sure she was pulled by the angels. Without that she won't have followed them because she never believed in their words. Read the verse below to see that she ignored their wanting because she didn't believe in it.

Genesis 19:17

And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

God is too mighty to lose what He has already saved.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath nother the believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Your virgin talk is trash. You say they are pure, then how come they were not saved?
You have a long way to go my brother, you only want to accept those verses of the scriptures that pamper you, you still wanna be a baby and the Fed with the milk and not the strong meal of the scriptures, and it's not good for ur Christian life. Thank God you cited the lot's wife verse urself, and you read that she and and her people were shown the way out and given instructions, but she couldn't.. Just like we are given the word today as well, and only the people that endue to the end would be saved, Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? You see the categories of spiritual state of man there? Believing alone is not enough my dear brother, see these verses, Christ himself made it clear here John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned... If once save forever saved is the real word.. Read psalm 51, and see the prayer of a righteous king David, the man after God's heart. The Bible say God is too holy to behold sin to the extent of forsaken his only son on the cross because he carried my sin and urs on the cross of cavalry and borne all for us, and you expect that same God to fixed his eyes on u, pampering while u live in a iniquity after u claimed to have known Christ? My brother it's not true, our salvation is eternal but conditional we either abide in him after which we declare for the him and do the will of the Father with the help of christ or we go backslide to our old life style which as well could lead to eternal damnation if will don't run back to the cross.. See these verses as well 2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. It's all depends us, God has done his part..

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
xerxes456:

So many teachers have turned the grace to license to do anything, no wonder our society is filled with godless Christians.. Serving God and Mammon together which is not even possible..
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by TheABOMINATION: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You can't save yourself. Or can you take yourself to heaven which you don't even know the road to?

Works are what show that you are saved, not what you should bank on for salvation. You are saved already once you have faith in Jesus.
alBHAGDADI:

Lol, my friend you are simply undermining the gravity of faith in the eyes of God. As far as God is concerned, faith without works is not faith. It is not enough to in your heart, it is your actions / works that validate your faith.

If you say you have faith in Jesus and still living in sin you are just deceiving yourself. It is impossible to have faith in Jesus and still be living in sin. If you are still committing sinful act, it means there is something wrong with your faith in Jesus and you need to work on it.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by TheABOMINATION: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
damocool:

So many teachers have turned the grace to license to do anything, no wonder our society is filled with godless Christians.. Serving God and Mammon together which is not even possible..

The modern day Christian love to believe the once saved always saved doctrine, because it lets them indulge in sin with peace of mind.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by damocool(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
TheABOMINATION:

The modern day Christian love to believe the once saved always saved doctrine, because it lets them indulge in sin with peace of mind.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2018
TheABOMINATION:

Lol, my friend you are simply undermining the gravity of faith in the eyes of God. As far as God is concerned, faith without works is not faith. It is not enough to in your heart, it is your actions / works that validate your faith.

If you say you have faith in Jesus and still living in sin you are just deceiving yourself. It is impossible to have faith in Jesus and still be living in sin. If you are still committing sinful act, it means there is something wrong with your faith in Jesus and you need to work on it.

I'll ask you some questions and I will provide the answers which I can bet will 100% correspond with yours.

1. Are you without sin?
Ans = NO

2. Is there a sinless human on earth?
Ans = NO.

According to you, there is something wrong g with everyone 's faith.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
TheABOMINATION:

Show us a verse that says you need faith and also works or else you are not saved.

You will never find.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
xerxes456:

You can never stop believing. Is either you believed or you never believed at all. Show me one person in the Bible that stopped believing in Jesus. You will never find.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Show us a verse that says you need faith and also works or else you are not saved.

You will never find.
My brother leave those people.... They never understood what truly happened at the Cross... I simply ignore them. Since they are still advocating for the law, they will leave under the curse for "Cursed is any man that keep all laws but fail in one"... There's what is called the forgotten curse ( The Curse of the New Testament) which Apostle Paul said that anyone that preaches a different Gospel apart from the grace of Christ, let him be accursed!!" Grace and Law can never mix... They don't believe Christ saved them truly and that's why we have so many Christians suffering and laboring in this life for what Christ have achieved for us on the Cross....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by xerxes456(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
TheABOMINATION:

In effect, he is not a Christian in the first place...

A Christian is a follower of Christ... Christ was not forced to do the things he did, He did it out of love, and doing much more than what he did is possible when we accept Christ as our Lord and believe in him, and depend on him...

so, its impossible to be saved and still be doing bad things... the Holy Spirit will not allow you rest, he will continue to disturb your spirit, God himself will put stumbling blocks everywhere and chastise you severally till you come to your senses...

I submit that @alBHAGDADIs post is relevant... I went through that message thoroughly with personal scriptural analysis and am convinced its true... Salvation is permanent... that's the real gift of salvation...

xerxes456:

What this means in effect is there must be that personal effort of CONTINUING, the moment you stop believing or you sin and refuse to allow the grace of reconciliation bring you back to the presence of God in humble repentance, [s]you cannot expect to still be saved, if you die that way, like Lots wife its damnation[/s] just play your part and be like Jesus... there's so much liberty in Christ.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
jiggaz:
My brother leave those people.... They never understood what truly happened at the Cross... I simply ignore them. Since they are still advocating for the law, they will leave under the curse for "Cursed is any man that keep all laws but fail in one"... There's what is called the forgotten curse ( The Curse of the New Testament) which Apostle Paul said that anyone that preaches a different Gospel apart from the grace of Christ, let him be accursed!!" Grace and Law can never mix... They don't believe Christ saved them truly and that's why we have so many Christians suffering and laboring in this life for what Christ have achieved for us on the Cross....
You won't believe that it was just few months ago I got saved. That was when I came across the once saved always saved doctrine on youtube.

Before I use to wonder how I was going to make heaven. Whenever I look at the past, I always find one sin or aNother capable of condemning me. But when I truly understood what salvation is, I became aware that those sins cannot stop my eternity with Christ. That was the best news ever since I was born. That is the GOOD NEWS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
xerxes456:

In effect, he is not a Christian in the first place...

A Christian is a follower of Christ... Christ was not forced to do the things he did, He did it out of love, and doing much more than what he did is possible when we accept Christ as our Lord and believe in him, and depend on him...

so, its impossible to be saved and still be doing bad things... the Holy Spirit will not allow you rest, he will continue to disturb your spirit, God himself will put stumbling blocks everywhere and chastise you severally till you come to your senses...

I submit that @alBHAGDADIs post is relevant... I went through that message thoroughly with personal scriptural analysis and am convinced its true... Salvation is permanent... that's the real gift of salvation...

I'm glad you now understand.

As a saved person, if you chose to continue to sin, God might punish you for that. That's because he loves you. But to say your sin will prevent you from eternal life is wrong. Eternal life is a free gift to those who have faith in Jesus. It is yours already.

Now, as a child of God, do we want to continue sinning and getting punished ?

No

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You won't believe that it was just few months ago I got saved. That was when I came across the once saved always saved doctrine on youtube.

Before I use to wonder how I was going to make heaven. Whenever I look at the past, I always find one sin or aNother capable of condemning me. But when I truly understood what salvation is, I became aware that those sins cannot stop my eternity with Christ. That was the best news ever since I was born. That is the GOOD NEWS.
wonderful bro! keep growing in faith

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.