Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 (25995 Views)

FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census / Tinubu Promises To Abolish Parallel FOREX Market (Video) / BBNaija: CLO Tells Buhari To Abolish Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by phemmyfour: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2018
Ventura1:

Your last statement gave credence to the kind of dysfunctional education we are given in this country, don't think, just give me the way I taught you.

What is wrong in developing a Presidential model that'll work for our country, must we practice it the way American does? We should break free from mental slavery.

I SUPPORT SOWORE2019
olodo,

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Ventura1: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2018
phemmyfour:
olodo,
IS THAT ALL?

6 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Ventura1: 7:58am On Jul 27, 2018
phemmyfour:
olodo,
IS THAT ALL?

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by crispus09(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2018
sowore Don become president o that's good, you might save money by scrapping Senate but then the our successive president will be full autocrats, that ain't gonna work sir.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by SolutionMee: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2018
From today, I halt my support for this guy

He has no iota of idea of what he's doing and how government is being run

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by dometome: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
From today, I halt my support for this guy

He has no iota of idea of what he's doing and how government is being run
surely you failed to read the article.

7 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by NASTYNASOSO: 8:31am On Jul 27, 2018
Kingosytex:
In the words of falz "weh done sir" but the truth is that you can never be elected the president come 2019. the almajiris in the north will prefer their senseless, purposeless and planless terrorist who has only rewarded nigerians with misfortune.

HMMMMMMM

PLEASE DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF THE WORD ALMAJIRI
WELL IT MEANS SCHOLAR

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by PFRB: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2018
ITbomb:
It is evident that this guy does not even understand what he is doing

Thanks for seeing what I am seeing.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by lastempero: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2018
With which power?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Snipish: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2018
We're watching

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Sijo01(f): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2018
Goodluck to you because you will need it.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
Both Sawore and Fela Durotoye are working for Buhari
Where is your proof

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by crafteck(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2018
This guy deserves a chance.. The senate are a group of people that get paid for acting even more than nollywood actors

4 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by femmy2010(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2018
There is no gain saying Senators are one of the Major problem plaguing Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Silvermoney: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2018
In other words he will have to abolish the Constitution (not even amend it) Seems he's not very enlightened about how the law works. Just a dreamer.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2018
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMM

PLEASE DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF THE WORD ALMAJIRI
WELL IT MEANS SCHOLAR
In the south it means beggar

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by damola1: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2018
All these thugs dreaming
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by semyman: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2018
Clowns
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2018
Silvermoney:
In other words he will have to abolish the Constitution (not even amend it)
Seems he's not very enlightened about how the law works. Just a dreamer.
He is saying that the senators will do part time work

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Navalsadiq(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2018
Kingosytex:
In the words of falz "weh done sir" but the truth is that you can never be elected the president come 2019. the almajiris in the north will prefer their senseless, purposeless and planless terrorist who has only rewarded nigerians with misfortune.
we agree. Sai baba buhari.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
Sowore is already a failed politician...promising what he can never deliver. i dont know how you want to abolish senate when your party doesnt even have a local govt chairman. Na so dem dey abolish senate? Abeg Sowore and Durotoye should stop trying to deceive the masses, they both know they cannot win and are simply out there to get publicity for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by gabbasin: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
if he can tell us how practically he will achieve this, he will have my vote
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by wman(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
I support Sowore but this is wrong on all fronts. No president should ever have monopoly of power.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2018
sowore2019:
A Presidential aspirant championing for Take it back, Omoyele Sowore, (Sai Bobo) on Thursday in Kano, said if he emerges victorious, he will abolish the Senate, which he described as a drain pipe of the nations’ economy.
Sowore, who is the Publisher of Sahara Reporters told reporters in Kano that the current Senate is composed of a bunch of old retired top Civil servants, who after retirement head to the Senate, as a conduit pipe to siphon the nation’s resources, at the detriment of the downtrodden.

Based on research, he noted that the Federal Government spends a whopping N1 trillion yearly, as salaries and emolument to Senators, including constituency allowances, pointing out that this huge amount should have been channeled to Agriculture Education, which would at the long run benefit a larger chunk of Nigerians.

Also, he argued that the current Presidential system of government is capital intensive, promising that, if elected, come 2019, he would opt for a Unicameral Legislature, whereby the lawmakers would serve on part time basis, so as to conserve more funds that would be channeled to other critical areas for development.
My era, as President, if elected, he said would be a departure from others, as he would ensure the fulfillment of election promises, made during electioneering campaign, so as to defend his integrity by marching his words, with action, as well as what is practicable to fulfill, rather than deceiving the masses in broad day light.

However, he regretted that the numerous zoning system applied in the polity has repeatedly failed us, describing it as a lazy man’s approach to politics, which must be jettisoned, so as to elect credible, trusted and result-oriented leaders, who would not offer untenable excuses as reasons for non-performance.

”We have rotated power, based on religion, ethnicity, and region, which has failed us. Therefore, leaders, who are based in the North do not have the interest of Northerners at heart, likewise the South West and South East, therefore, what we are looking for in Nigeria is a leader, who have the interest of the masses at heart, irrespective of where he comes from.”

https://primetimenewsng.com/2018/07/26/sowore-pledge-to-abolish-the-senate-if-elected-president-in-2019/

This guy is a fool and a liar too.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by echodrum(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2018
Kingosytex:
Never say Never
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by echodrum(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2018
ITbomb:
can you pls explain?

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by sweerychick(f): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2018
ITbomb:
you just took the words outta my mouth! Somebody that hasn't contested for ordinary LG chairman is talking about being a president! Well I admire his guts grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by dominique(f): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2018
I don't agree with this. He can reduce the cost of running the Senate to the barest minimum but not scrap it altogether. A president should not be the sole decision maker in a country, that's no longer a democracy
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by maasoap(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2018
Kingosytex:

Now, it is about the almajiris in the North? What about the lazy youth in the South, Middle belt and Northern christians as you all always claimed? Are they not enough in numbers to get him there? Intellectually lazy youth that loves to blame others for his actions and never ready to take responsibility for anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) / Peter Psquare Endorses Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.