Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 (25987 Views)

FG To Abolish Petrol Subsidy Before May 29, Attributes Delay To Election, Census / Tinubu Promises To Abolish Parallel FOREX Market (Video) / BBNaija: CLO Tells Buhari To Abolish Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Ziggylady(f): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
mctowel01:

Thay I refuse to be a bigot like you, who keeps selling their voting rights every election on the most sheeple and silly reason such as "state of origin" means I need some brains?... Then you are absolutely not educated. You only attended school. I don't even live in Nigeria and I am very settled where I am that I can decide not to come back to Nigeria. You being ibo? what have your governors and reps in the legislature done to better your life? The parliament where I live don't know me or where I m from, yet theres been a lot more impact from them than I will say nigeria has ever done. I don't need anything from Nigeria aside being my motherland and heritage. Same with sowore, his family is in the US and he can decide to continue his journalism there, but instead, he chose to be bold to stand up to a change.

You already are thinking via your mental tribal bigotry that riddles typical Nigerians. All i m just trying to do is purge yourself of it to make way for your basic common sense.
Well. You can decide for whoever you want. Its your right, but don't also forget that Moghalu was deputy cbn governor for many years, yet he didn't stand up to the corruption such as backdoor employments within the system. Sowore on the other hand, has a proven record of standing up for the truth in his little facets. Kindly research online to investigate his activities way before this presidential ambition and judge for yourself.

Your rants are boring and riddled with too many shallow assertions...Your claims of being Igbo cant be verified so its baseless harping on that...There are countless Yorubas who claim to be Igbo,SS,hausas e.t.c.on faceless forums

Do your sowore while i do my thing..unfortunately sowore is not part of my plans

Adios.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by gevans(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
sweetgala:

I'm guessing such a move would be through a people's referendum. It something that has to be done has the Saraki tenure has shown that these senators are holding the future of the Nigeria to a ransom

who gonna conduct the people's referendum?
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by SirBunky85(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
Both Sawore and Fela Durotoye are working for Buhari
senseless comments

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by mctowel01: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Ziggylady:

Your rants are boring and riddled with too many shallow assertions...Your claims of being Igbo cant be verified so its baseless harping on that...There are countless Yorubas who claim to be Igbo,SS,hausas e.t.c.on faceless forums

Do your sowore while i do my thing..unfortunately sowore is not part of my plans

Adios.
Honestly, you are truly clouded with tribalism, because I don't see the need to lie about where I m from, because its simply where I m from. no biggie.
But the fact that rather than use common sense, you prefer to believe I will be so preposterous to lie that I m not from the east, just to falsely assert and justify your dilapidated way of thinking, highly explains how much help you need.
Well. whatever makes you sleep well at night,
Do your thing, while I do mine.
Adios

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by einsteine(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
You can do a referendum. But it has no force of law. Go and read more about Mauritania. It's a dictatorship with manufactured electoral results by a government in one of the few countries in the world that actively supports the slavery of black people.
earnvest:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-40847092

These things have been done elsewhere. The problem is that we don't believe that we (198,000,000 of us) are stronger than the senate.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
gevans:
Will such bill scale Tru the National Assembly?
Restructuring is the way forward.

God bless Nigeria
will restructuring scale the national assembly?
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by budaatum: 1:42am On Jul 28, 2018
ITbomb:
It is evident that this guy does not even understand what he is doing
Unfortunately! He should go get a copy of the current constitution and read it. Though, I wonder if he truly said this.

If Buhari scraps the Senate, wouldn't he become a dictator?
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by BurntDodo: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2018
TimFisher2:
grin

This guy don't have sense...i swear

Are you sure he attended school?

for a smooth running of government,where democracy is not hindered..there must be checks and balances

Lol you call Nigerian government democratic? Better be wise and support his call for a unicameral system. Developed countries like Croatia, South Korea, Mauritania and Sweden all practice unicameral system in their government and they're doing just fine, don't you think?
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by BurntDodo: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Luukasz:
So you really think the youths have something to offer keep deceiving yourself.

The same youths that involve in yahoo, cultism, drug abuse, scamming bro wake up to the reality the youths aint different from those old thieves in power.

Many Nigerian youths will be just like yahaya bello when elected to a political post.

You're one of the youths I'm sure because you're an ignorant ass head.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by BurntDodo: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2018
phemmyfour:
Unicameral legislature is not the best, not applicable in fed system of govt

South Korea...Olodo. Just open mouth gbaga! And release nonsense.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by chequemate: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2018
See Sowore's reaction on the matter...

https://www.facebook.com/OSowore/posts/10158264489422837

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by TimFisher2: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2018
BurntDodo:

Lol you call Nigerian government democratic? Better be wise and support his call for a unicameral system. Developed countries like Croatia, South Korea, Mauritania and Sweden all practice unicameral system in their government and they're doing just fine, don't you think?

No!i don't think so

Nigeria is not ripe for unicameral legislation

it can be easily influenced by the Executive

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by phemmyfour: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
BurntDodo:

South Korea...Olodo. Just open mouth gbaga! And release nonsense.
Ode!

South Korea population: 52 million

Ethnic group: Over 99% of South Koreans identify as ethnically Korean.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by phemmyfour: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
TimFisher2:

No!i don't think so

Nigeria is not ripe for unicameral legislation

it can be easily influenced by the Executive
seconded
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ziggylady:

Sowore is a clown,why should i support him or Durotoye?,because you yorubas say so??...you must be a joker..Activist or whatever does not equate to being a good leader,Adams Oshiomole was an NLC activist,see how he turned out

Kingsley Moghalu is my prefered choice and could make a good leader,but i know for a fact that you Yorubas will not vote for him,so why should i or any Igbo person vote for sowore?..biko let us all stop fooling ourselves and stick with buhari,Atiku,Obasanjo,Saraki until Nigerian youths wakes up and learn to work together..

Can't stop laughing. We are in trouble in this country.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by surgical: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
ITbomb:
It is evident that this guy does not even understand what he is doing
He is not interested in anything, he is just enjoying himself and providing entertainment for some.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nightmareo07: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ziggylady:

Sowore is a clown,why should i support him or Durotoye?,because you yorubas say so??...you must be a joker..Activist or whatever does not equate to being a good leader,Adams Oshiomole was an NLC activist,see how he turned out

Kingsley Moghalu is my prefered choice and could make a good leader,but i know for a fact that you Yorubas will not vote for him,so why should i or any Igbo person vote for sowore?..biko let us all stop fooling ourselves and stick with buhari,Atiku,Obasanjo,Saraki until Nigerian youths wakes up and learn to work together..

U get sense die!!
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Ziggylady(f): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nightmareo07:

U get sense die!!

Thanks ...They want to use our heads forming 'Youths should arise' because Sowore and Durotoye is one of them .Mention an Igbo person no matter how qualified the person is now and see how they will all run hidding under Tinubu,buhari via Osibanjo and Obasanjo's trousers..

I sabi these people well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nightmareo07: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ziggylady:

Thanks ...They want to use our heads forming 'Youths should arise' because Sowore and Durotoye is one of them .Mention an Igbo person no matter how qualified the person is now and see how they will all run hidding under Tinubu,buhari via Osibanjo and Obasanjo's trousers..

I sabi these people well

Nwanyi oma thank God say people like u wey dey reason like me still dey this forum.
I have said exactly this thing before before.
They now want to form alliance becoz of sowore and durutoye because they are Yorubas.
And some igbos are at the fore front channeling this cause.

Yorubas chose buhari over jonathan because they want to spite against igbos despite him not being igbo..now they have remember they need igbo vote.

Buhari must go back to that sit they must continue ruling us.
I will neva vote this coming election and if I MUST vote, then I will go there and vote buhari again.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Ziggylady(f): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nightmareo07:

Nwanyi oma thank God say people like u wey dey reason like me still dey this forum.
I have said exactly this thing before before.
They now want to form alliance becoz of sowore and durutoye because they are Yorubas.
And some igbos are at the fore front channeling this cause.

Yorubas chose buhari over jonathan because they want to spite against igbos despite him not being igbo..now they have remember they need igbo vote.

Buhari must go back to that sit they must continue ruling us.
I will neva vote this coming election and if I MUST vote, then I will go there and vote buhari again.

cheesy biko iwegi adina oku...If you must vote,try Atiku maka na.buhari aburo nmmadu cha cha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nightmareo07: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ziggylady:

cheesy biko iwegi adina oku...If you must vote,try Atiku maka na.buhari aburo nmmadu..

Yea ..atiku is a better option tho.
But only a mumu igbo person will go there and vote durutoye or sowore.
The ingrates are every where denying the fact that igbos voted obj.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by meromero11: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
TimFisher2:
grin

This guy don't have sense...i swear

Are you sure he attended school?

for a smooth running of government,where democracy is not hindered..there must be checks and balances

Sowore studied Geography. He has no idea about democracy, Constitution and separation of powers.

How will he proscribe the Senate, by juju?
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by meromero11: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nightmareo07:

Yea ..atiku is a better option tho.
But only a mumu igbo person will go there and vote durutoye or sowore.
The ingrates are every where denying the fact that igbos voted obj.

Atiku is not even a near better option. Atiku will be a disaster. Don't even consider such a fellow.
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by TimFisher2: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
meromero11:

Sowore studied Geography. He has no idea about democracy, Constitution and separation of powers.

How will he proscribe the Senate, by juju?

grin

that's the kind of people that want to lead Nigeria grin
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by Nightmareo07: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
meromero11:

Atiku is not even a near better option. Atiku will be a disaster. Don't even consider such a fellow.

I know.. but i understand her point ,atleast he is not tyrant.
The truth is if at all I will vote then na northerner I go vote.
These yorubas dont deserve my vote .
Their hate is too much
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by AseleAsele18(m): 1:29am On Jul 29, 2018
Mumu...Tot u were a students leader before?
Is the Senate one shrine in your village you can just abolish??
No dey fall hand joor
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by sweetgala(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
gevans:

who gonna conduct the people's referendum?

INEC, I doubt any members of the executive would be against cutting away the excesses of the NASS
Re: Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 by gevans(m): 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
will restructuring scale the national assembly?
yes, though it gonna be difficult but not impossible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gov Adeleke Cleared Hospital Bill Of Osun Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplet(pics) / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe / Supreme Court Decides On Yahaya Bello's Fate As Kogi Governor Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.