Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM (16568 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
Jesus and Mohamed: Major Differences (2)

A. Personal sin
One suffered from sin nature. The other was sinless.

Mohamed
Mohamed he receives this command about his sin:
Q. 40:55 Then have patience (O Muhammad). Lo! the promise of Allah is true. And ask forgiveness of thy sin and hymn the praise of thy Lord at fall of night and in the early hours. (Pickthall)
47:19 So know (O Muhammad . . .) that . . . none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women. And Allah knows well your moving about, and your place of rest (in your homes). (Hilali and Khan)
Note that Mohamed is to ask for forgiveness from Allah not only for himself but for Moslems.
Another example of Mohamed’s sin:
48:2 That Allah may forgive you your sins of the past and the future and complete His Favour on you, and guide you on the Straight Path . . . (Hilali and Khan)

To be forgiven of sin, one must have it first.
The implication of this sin nature in Mohamed means that he had the nature to commit any atrocity or violent act. Early Moslems readily accepted this and never saw Mohamed as sinless but accepted his wrong as okay since he claimed that Allah was giving him revelations. Only later and particularly modern Moslem apologists paint Mohamed differently.

Jesus
He was uniquely born: “For God so loved the world that he gave his uniquely born Son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16
He challenged his opponents and accusers in John 8:45-46:
“Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can you prove me guilty of any sin?
None of His opponents could take him up on this challenge.
Peter who lived and walked with Jesus for at least three years, and could have seen any sin in him, had this to say:
To this you [Christians] were called because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. (1 Peter 2:21-22)
Apostle John, the beloved, who also lived and walked with Jesus for three years, made this declaration:
But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. (1 John 3:5)

B. Wealth
One took it by force. The other resisted this temptation.

Mohamed
Besides forcing religious conformity and the submission of non-Moslems, he went after their wealth.
Sura 48:20 says:
48:20 Allah has promised you abundant spoils that you will capture, and He has hastened for you this, and He has restrained the hands of men from you, that it may be a sign for the believers, and that He may guide you to a Straight Path. (Hilali and Khan)
Mohamed’s takeover of the city of Khaybar, his eventual waterloo, comes to mind here. Of course, other spoils of any war that he embarked on also apply.
Mohamed relished in this to the maximum.

Jesus
Satan offers Jesus the whole world at the very beginning of his ministry. But he turned down this offer. Luke 4:1-2, 5-7 says:
4:1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2 where for forty days he was tempted by the devil . . . 5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instance all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 So if you worship me, it will be yours." 8 Jesus answered, "It is written, ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’" (cf. Deuteronomy 6:13)
Jesus, not only resisted the devil, but also the political pressure by Jews who wanted to install him as their king.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2018
Jesus and Mohamed: Major Differences (3)

How they treated adulterous Women

JESUS
From John 8: 2-11

At dawn He (Jesus) appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap in order to have a basis to accuse Him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with His finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one sir", she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

MOHAMED
From the Hadith of Abu Dawud, #4428

"Buraidah said: "A woman of Ghamid came to the Prophet and said: "I have committed fornication", He said: "Go back". She returned and on the next day she came to him again, and said: "Perhaps you want to send me back as you did to Maiz b. Malik. I swear by Allah, I am pregnant." He said to her: "Go back". She then returned and came to him the next day. He said to her: "Go back until you give birth to the child." She then returned. When she gave birth to the child she brought the child to him, and said: "Here it is! I have given birth to it." He said: "Go back, and suckle him until you wean him." When she had weaned him, she brought him to him with something in his hand which he was eating. The boy was then given to a certain man of the Muslims and he (the prophet) commanded regarding her. So a pit was dug for her, and he gave orders about her and she was stoned to death. Khalid was one of those who were throwing stones at her. He threw a stone at her. When a drop of blood fell on his cheek, he abused her. The prophet said to him: "Gently, Khalid. By Him in Whose hand my soul is, she has repented to such an extent that if one who wrongfully takes an extra tax were to repent to a like extent, he would be forgiven". Then giving command regarding her, prayed over her and she was buried.""

REMARKS:
The contrast between the two men is VERY clear. Jesus did not condemn the adulterous woman. He commanded her to go and sin no more. He gave her a chance for redemption – the very model of mercy.

Mohamed ’s approach was much different. She confessed her sin to him, but he refused to hear her and deal with it. Instead, he told her to go back. This occurred three times. Three times Mohamed ran from dealing with the situation. Finally, after the women's consistent confession, Mohamed was forced to confront her sin. He allowed her to give birth, suckle and then wean the child, which could have taken 1 to 3 years. Then she returned and Mohamed had her killed.

This woman not only confessed, but she repented. She was a good mother to her child and she was a responsible member of her community. Couldn't Mohamed have forgiven her as he had so many other types of sinners? Mohamed did not deal compassionately with the woman. This is in spite of the fact that she had turned her life around, properly raised her child, and was doing the right thing.

Mohamed simply made up his own rules as he went along.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
Jesus and Mohamed: Major Differences (4)

Prophethood
JESUS
According to the Koran Jesus KNEW that he was a prophet right from the cradle - Q. 19: 29 - 30.

Jesus had the conviction from day one as to who he was. Jesus had the REVELATION he needed to give the people right from the start. He did not have to receive it in piecemeal.
Jesus, according to the Koran, was THE WORD OF GOD - Q. 4: 171. He did NOT need to receive revelation through an angel. He had the revelation in himself.

MOHAMED
Mohamed became a prophet at the age of 40 after he was told that he was a prophet by others. It started by Mohamed hearing voices which he used to run away from. It was not until his first wife's older cousin Waraqa Ibn Nofal assured him to remain calm when next he heard the voice that Mohamed did.

It is noteworthy Mohamed had previously had encounters in a cave he used to go into for meditation. The encounters were so violent that Mohamed was always frightened. He thought he was going crazy.

REMARKS:
Jesus in the cradle knew, without doubt that he was a prophet. He had no strange encounters. He had no fear.

Mohamed as a 40-year old had strange encounters, had fears, thought he was going mad, and had to be told and reassured that he was a prophet by third parties. The "prophet" was the last one to know that he was a prophet.

Jesus was unique in so many ways including in his prophethood.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:49am On Sep 30, 2018
Jesus and Mohamed: Major Differences (5)

How they treated Opposition

JESUS:
In Luke 9:54, 55 Jesus rebuked His disciples when they wanted to destroy a town that rejected Him. Also, in Luke 22:52, Jesus' disciples started to fight against those that came to arrest Jesus, He stopped them, and healed a man injured in the fight.

The Pharisees were a major opposition to Jesus. They challenged him at virtually every opportunity. Eventually, and known to Jesus, they started to plot how to kill him. Not once did Jesus incite his followers to go after the Pharisees. Not once!

MOHAMED:
Told his followers to aggressively make war on non-Moslems: Q9:5, 29. Chapter 9 was one of the last chapters given by Mohamed. Initially, when Mohamed's group was weak, he ordered his followers to try to get along with other people. After the Moslems became powerful, he ordered them to spread Islam by force. (This strategy is still employed by Moslems till date - lie low and be peaceful when weak or few in number and become aggressive when they have the ability to fight and perhaps overcome others) Abu Bakr, Umar, and Uthman continued his wars of aggression.

A few of Mohamed’s actions include:
The massacre of approximately 800 Jewish male captives: (noted in Chapter 33:26).

As previously noted he ordered the execution of 10 people when he took over Mecca. Three of these people were slave girls who had previously made fun of Mohamed. Refer to "The Life of Muhammad", pages 551 and 552.

He attacked the Jewish city of Khaybar where he took one of the Jewish leaders and tortured him to force him to tell where some buried money was. After the man refused to talk, and was near death, Mohamed ordered that his head be cut off. Refer to "The Life of Muhammad", page 515.

REMARKS:
No one would envision Jesus ordering the execution of slave girls for mocking him years earlier. He brought a better message and a better way of life. No one would imagine Jesus having a man tortured to reveal buried money. His life was free of greed.

Mohamed could be a very brutal man. Does killing a few slave girls for mocking him seem justified?. Is having them killed for reciting poems against him justified? Does it seem rational or sensible? Does torturing a man just to get money portray the type of man society should follow, obey, and emulate?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2018
A Major Contrast
Islam hangs on what man can do for God or do to gain God's approval - doing the Five pillars, etc.

Christianity hangs on what God has done for man - belief on the sinless, impeccable Son of God who bailed us out of the slave Market of sin by paying for our sin.

Which of these two do you think will be acceptable to God - what he did for man or man's attempt to prove that he (man) can do something to qualify before God apart from God's intervention?

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2018
Jesus and Mohamed: Major Differences (6)

On the Identity of Jesus Christ

JESUS: said He was the Son of God: John 5:18-27, 10:36, Matt 26:63, 64

[Jesus] asked, "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven."
Matthew 16: 15-17

Jesus is the Word of God.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Jesus is God.

"Christ Jesus . . . who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men . . ." Philippians 2:5-7

MOHAMED: said Jesus was not the Son of God - the Koran makes no distinction among Prophets and Christ is no more than a Messenger:

Chapter 5:75 - "Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger: many were the messengers that passed away before him ..."

The[b] Koran denies Christ's divine origin[/b]:

Chapter 43:59: "He was no more than a servant: we granted our favor to him, and we made him an example to the children of Israel."

Chapter 3:59: "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is that of Adam: he created him from dust, then said to him, "Be": and he was."

REMARKS
Christ taught that He was the Son of God, the Word of God, the Messiah, and God incarnate. Mohamed denied this. Either Jesus was telling the truth, or he was a liar or lunatic. Both men could not be correct concerning Christ's identity. Jesus proved his claims by his life, his words and works. Mohamed, apart from his mere asertions, did not provide any proof for his claims.

Mohamed frequently contradicted the Bible even though he claimed that the same Bible is the Word of God.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Ifeann(f): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2018
Empiree:
Weak or srong, that's classification of fiction from nonfiction literatures. You may try to fault hadith. Thats your issue but you can not fault Quran bcus entire Quran is mutawatir.

Well, when it comes to character of our prophet, only Quran, which is ABSOLUTE revelation has already described his character. Anything else outside of that, that may be problematic must be weighed side by side with Quran first and then in its historical context.

I am sure that many of your evangelical supporters will even disagree with you on this. You used the world "NEVER" to narrowed down chances that he NEVER showed mercy. This makes you a bigot. James White, a christian apologist would disagree with you.

If i quote violent verse from your bible now you will start screaming "out of context" or "parable". Dont you think you are been dishonest?. So now read from chap. 1 to 6 and that should clear the air, bigot.

Very simple. You have similar narration in your bible. Mr. Luke recorded in his Gospel

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.

There is no parable in that. Simple and short. We can deduce from Luke 19:27 that your Jesus didnt want freedom of religion, freedom of press, freedom of choice.

Whereas, Qur'an says "Let there be no compulsion in religion" Sura Baqara

Common sense should tell you that you are quoting ahadith categorized in military expedition to make cheap point?. Even our modern constitutions have this type of thing. I didnt wanna bother to post about Ibn Khatal knowing that you will still never be satisfied, but i should.

Since you believe in wikipedia, it has this to say about him.

Abdullah ibn Khatal (died 629 C.E.) was a Muslim tax collector who committed treason against the State of Medina by defecting to Mecca and becoming an Apostate. He was killed shortly after the Conquest of Mecca on the orders of Muhammad being one of the 12 inhabitants of Mecca not granted immunity. It is said that he was hanging to the curtains of the Kaaba in Mecca, where he attempted to take refuge but was executed before being able to enter the Ka'aba . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_ibn_Khatal

You never get over Banu Qurayza?. Even your seniors James White, David Wood, Nabeel Qureshi, Jay Smith had given up debate on Qurayza battle. I debated this before with ifeann and i am never going back to this. Conclusion is judgement was passed on them and they accepted their crimes and that was it.

Instead of arguing back n forth, all you have to do to prove Quran wrong is BRING ANOTHER QURAN THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM OUR CURRENT ONE. Simple, isnt? We all know the story. You can save our time on endless arguments by doing the needful @bold

You scared?. Common sense should tell you that Jesus was the messenger and prophet. He was the one Gospel was revealed to. Hence, Quran is referring to Gospel according to Jesus. God had no business with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. These aforementioned people who wrote their own Gospels was according to each and every one of them ABOUT JESUS. But Gospel given to Jesus was for Jesus. Therefore, any other gospels different from Gospel according to Jesus, are hearsays or are written ABOUT him.

If history is written about you Mr. plainbibletruth, it means YOU ARE NOT THE AUTHOR. In another word, Jesus was not the author of Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Simple, isnt?

Dude its been years. Arent u tired of defending that paedophile false prophet Muhammad.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2018
Is Islam about Allah ALONE?
In Q. 39:45 it says idolators do not proclaim faith in Allah ALONE but must always INCLUDE the name of their idol in order to be satisfied.

But is Islam about Allah ALONE?

The Moslem testimony of faith does not mention Allah ALONE. This creed ADDS Mohamed to Allah. Moslems are not satisfied in proclaiming Allah ALONE. They ADD a further testimony for Mohamed before they can be satisfied.

Therefore, according to the koran, Moslems are idolizing Mohamed and thereby stand condemned!
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
plainbibletruth:
Is Islam about Allah ALONE?
In Q. 39:45 it says idolators do not proclaim faith in Allah ALONE but must always INCLUDE the name of their idol in order to be satisfied.

But is Islam about Allah ALONE?

The Moslem testimony of faith does not mention Allah ALONE. This creed ADDS Mohamed to Allah. Moslems are not satisfied in proclaiming Allah ALONE. They ADD a further testimony for Mohamed before they can be satisfied.

Therefore, according to the koran, Moslems are idolizing Mohamed and thereby stand condemned!

it true I even have a 1:42min video on this topic itself
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
OLUWABIG:

it true I even have a 1:42min video on this topic itself
Can you share the video here?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 12:40am On Oct 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:
Can you share the video here?
am sorry bro I have mistakenly deleted it bro
but you can just search through the YouTube with these key words
Muslims practice idolatry proven in less than two minutes

or you can use Google as well
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2018
OLUWABIG:

am sorry bro I have mistakenly deleted it bro

but you can just search through the YouTube with these key words

Muslims practice idolatry proven in less than two minutes

or you can use Google as well
Ok. I'll do so. I believe many will benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZCgORglFM4

Muslims practice idolatry proven in less than two minutes.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:

yes this the exact video I was talking about
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:

plainbibletruth:

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Both Christianity and Islam are fake and malicious ideologies.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Christianity is a Roman mockery of the Hellenistic religions.

As in, Christianity is a fake Hellenistic religion.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
Islam is a mockery of a Eurocentric concept.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:35pm On Feb 29, 2020
What our brothers and sisters need to know is that both Christianity and Islam are the sole cause of the distruption and the poverty that people experience today.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bin all the mumbojumbo of the Abrahamic religions and concentrate our focus on reality, real history.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
Christianity is a fake Hellenistic religion that was manufactured by first century Romans.

Islam is a fake Eurocentric concept that was manufactured by 6th century Arabian fundamentalist.

Furthermore, both these malicious ideologies were intentinally manufactured in an attempt to accomplish world domination. A tool of propaganda and mind control.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 9:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
plainbibletruth:

Idol worshiping is a non-African concept that originates from Asia and Europe.

All the African Gods are the true and proper ones.

All the Christian and Islamic gods are fake and malicious.

Amujale:
Out of the images on display, choose what you perceive to be the correct image of Jesus.

https://www.nairaland.com/5685899/what-true-image-jesus
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Amujale(m): 10:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
Firstly, the name 'Islam' is in itself a blattant falsehood.

Islam is fake and malicious ideology.

Lets start from the name given to this tool of propaganda and mind control.

How can an ideology that originates from, incites violence, and is known to take part in violent activities turn around and give itself the name Islam?

Furthermore, all their characters, narratives and ideologies are fake and malicious.

Ask yourself these questions.

Who was the Prophet Muhammad really?, who was he?

What is Muhammad's real name?

Was Muhammad a virtuous dude that had council with the African Gods?

No, he was not, and no he did not.

Muhammad was a superb military commander that some crazy Arabian fundamentalist turned into a cult. The cult was called the Muhammedian movement.

The writings in the Quran are fake, false and counterintutive.

What is the etymology for the term 'Salat'.

I want all of us to research the above term and ascertain, in what language would one find the root of the term 'Salat'?

My recommendations would be to perform a perusal on the term 'Salat'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.