Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM (16522 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by HajimeSaito(m): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks to the Lord of Lords and King of Kings for the good work being carried out on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Great work ,sir....
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Thanks to the Lord of Lords and King of Kings for the good work being carried out on this thread.

Thanks for your supportive words. God bless.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2018
Glycolysis:
Great work ,sir....
I'm grateful. Thanks a lot.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
DID MOHAMED REFLECT ALLAH'S "MERCY" AND "GRACIOUSNESS" ? (5)

Still from the biography of Mohamed we find this:

Mohamed matched from Medina (which was a largely Jewish settlement which he had peviously seized, occupied and changed the name from the original name of Yathrib) to another Jewish settlement called Khaybar. When he got to Khaybar:

The apostle seized the property piece by piece and conquered the forts one by one as he came to them… The apostle took captives from them among whom was Safiya d. Huyayy b. Akhtab who had been the wife of Kinana b. al-Rabi b. Abu’l-Huqayq, and two cousins of hers. The apostle chose Safiya for himself… The women of Khaybar were distributed among the Muslims… Kinana b. al-Rabi, who had the custody of the treasure of B. al-Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, ‘Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?’ He said Yes. The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr b. al-Awwam, ‘Torture him until you extract what he has,’ so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud.” (Pages 511-515)

Would a man with even a small amount of humanity torture an innocent person to death and then “choose” his wife for himself? Moslems claim that Safiya consented to marrying Mohamed. Where is the consent in this scenario? Could a woman possibly open her legs willingly to the man who just tortured and murdered her husband and her family? Furthermore, why would a prophet of God need treasure? Even if Allah is broke and needs his prophet to find money elsewhere, could he at least tell him where it’s hidden so he doesn’t have to torture some poor soul? Was Allah not capable of revealing things to Mohamed? Or was Mohamed simply engaged in guess work in his walk with Allah?

Again, do these actions portray mercy or graciousness?

How come that Mohamed who is said to be "the mercy to all mankind" NEVER seem to exhibit mercy in all these instances?

Why did that Allah, said to be the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, never prevail on his prophet to exercise restraints and show mercy?

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin thanks for propagating to your fellow Christians. You will eventually drive them to embrace Islam.

Thanks a lot

Meanwhile grin cheesy

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:20am On Aug 28, 2018
Empiree:
grin thanks for propagating to your fellow Christians. You will eventually drive them to embrace Islam.

Thanks a lot

Meanwhile grin cheesy

Empiree, Nice to see you're still around. I'm just contributing my little quota.

I wish the issues were as simple as the poster you pasted showed. But it's not; rather it's a matter of life and death.

Jesus said: "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
That is the way to life.

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:22).

These are strong definite statements that require your thoughtful response.

2 Likes

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Jesus said: "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."
That is the way to life.
This means during is time, and to his people (Israelites) not Nigerians cheesy

Moses was also the truth, the way and he saved his people (Exodus 14:1-4). He was a savior in his time

Noah was also savior of his people in his time. He was the truth and the leader at the time {Hebrews 11:7}

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:22).

These are strong definite statements that require your thoughtful response.
There are many sons of God in the Bible. Adam is son God Luke 3:38. There are many sons and daughters of God in the Bible. Right now we have 7 billion children of God [John 1:12]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
Empiree:
This means during is time, and to his people (Israelites) not Nigerians

Moses was also the truth, the way and he saved his people (Exodus 14:1-4). He was a savior in his time

Noah was also savior of his people in his time. He was the truth and the leader at the time {Hebrews 11:7}

There are many sons of God in the Bible. Adam is son God Luke 3:38. There are many sons and daughters of God in the Bible. Right now we have 7 billion children of God [John 1:12]

Jesus is "the" Son of God. Not "a" son of God but the UNIQUE Son. That phrase is describing a unique, eternal, spiritual relationship between Jesus and God the Father. From him (Jesus) others derive their relationship to God the Father. Others are accepted or adopted as "sons" in the "BELOVED" who is Jesus Christ.

His uniqueness lies in the FACT that he is distinct personal deity - One in essence with the Father. Jesus as "the Son" is different in both quality and extent from the other uses of the term.

Jesus, the Son of God, who is ONE IN ESSENCE with God the Father, has come to show us what God is like:

No-one has seen God; but God's only Son, He who is nearest to the Father's heart, he has made him known. (John 1:18)

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word"? (Hebrews 1:3)

The term "Son of God" with reference to Jesus, expresses a unique relationship. Jesus said: "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)

This is how the Bible portrays the sonship of Jesus Christ. And it should be understood as the Bible explains it. Not in any other way.

Jesus in his humanity as son obeyed the Father to the maximum. He therefore had the SEAL of approval of God the Father: The only humanity to do so.

The salvation of the human race depends upon the fact that Jesus Christ is both fully divine and fully human, and that these two natures are united but distinct in one person — the Son of God.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved"

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Why don't you kuku write a book and copy all these long and boring bunkum into it? Only your fellow ignorant jobless twerp will sit to go through all these conjoined crappy poo.

The other day, I created a thread that destroyed the very pillar that your religion stands on, up till now, you and tru2god are MIA.

**piss on thread**
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Why don't you kuku write a book and copy all these long and boring bunkum into it? Only your fellow ignorant jobless twerp will sit to go through all these conjoined crappy poo.

The other day, I created a thread that destroyed the very pillar that your religion stands on, up till now, you and tru2god are MIA.

**piss on thread**

You too can learn one or two things from this thread or if you feel there is nothing to gain from it , let him alone . There is a reward on earth or in heaven for every action man takes.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Jesus is "the" Son of God. Not "a" son of God but the UNIQUE Son. That phrase is describing a unique, eternal, spiritual relationship between Jesus and God the Father.
you added UNIQUE to it. That's not what the Bible says. There context of the Bible's son of God applies to every good person including other prophets, which means God has sons by tongue. But if you insist, then you have to give us definition of Son Of God. Or you are saying Son Of God means begotten which makes you heretic and blasphemer.

From him (Jesus) others derive their relationship to God the Father. Others are accepted or adopted as "sons" in the "BELOVED" who is Jesus Christ.
You made this up base on your whims.

His uniqueness lies in the FACT that he is distinct personal deity - One in essence with the Father. Jesus as "the Son" is different in both quality and extent from the other uses of the term.
what you just said here makes you a potential ABORISHA (traditional worshipper). You contradict Divine Oneness of God in your bible.

Jesus, the Son of God, who is ONE IN ESSENCE with God the Father, has come to show us what God is like:
is personality you described here 1 person or two?

No-one has seen God; but God's only Son, He who is nearest to the Father's heart, he has made him known. (John 1:18)
So in another word Jesus is son not God right?. That means Jesus and God are two different entities, correct?.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word"? (Hebrews 1:3)
okay. So God alone is the creator and Jesus by extension is His servant. Every prophet of God are representative of God. By extension we humans are also God's representatives

b]The term "Son of God" with reference to Jesus, expresses a unique relationship. Jesus said: "I and the Father are one[/b]." (John 10:3
but this is also said of other prophets and messangers. If by your definition of Son Of God means Jesus is unique, then, Adam being the first son of God is far more UNIQUE bcus he had no parents.

This is how the Bible portrays the sonship of Jesus Christ. And it should be understood as the Bible explains it. Not in any other way.
which Bible and who wrote it?

b]Jesus in his humanity as son obeyed the Father to the maximum. He therefore had the SEAL of approval of God the Father: The only humanity to do so[/b].
okay so Jesus is messanger then, correct?

The salvation of the human race depends upon the fact that Jesus Christ is both fully divine and fully human, and that these two natures are united but distinct in one person — the Son of God.
You just gave another confusing theory. Jesus can not be human and God at the same time. If this is the case why do many other Christians don't believe this?. Any sane human would reject this theory of yours.

"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved"
I have always believed Jesus the son of Mary, the messanger of Allah.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
Empiree:
you added UNIQUE to it. That's not what the Bible says. There context of the Bible's son of God applies to every good person including other prophets, which means God has sons by tongue. But if you insist, then you have to give us definition of Son Of God. Or you are saying Son Of God means begotten which makes you heretic and blasphemer.

You made this up base on your whims.

what you just said here makes you a potential ABORISHA (traditional worshipper). You contradict Divine Oneness of God in your bible.

is personality you described here 1 person or two?

So in another word Jesus is son not God right?. That means Jesus and God are two different entities, correct?.

okay. So God alone is the creator and Jesus by extension is His servant. Every prophet of God are representative of God. By extension we humans are also God's representatives

but this is also said of other prophets and messangers. If by your definition of Son Of God means Jesus is unique, then, Adam being the first son of God is far more UNIQUE bcus he had no parents.

which Bible and who wrote it?

okay so Jesus is messanger then, correct?

You just gave another confusing theory. Jesus can not be human and God at the same time. If this is the case why do many other Christians don't believe this?. Any sane human would reject this theory of yours.

I have always believed Jesus the son of Mary, the messanger of Allah.

And the testimony is this: God has given us eternal life [we already possess it], and this life is in His Son [resulting in our spiritual completeness, and eternal companionship with Him].
1 JOHN 5:11 AMP

He who has the Son [by accepting Him as Lord and Savior] has the life [that is eternal]; he who does not have the Son of God [by personal faith] does not have the life.
1 JOHN 5:12 AMP

One thing is to say that you do not want to accept what the Bible says about Jesus but to say that the Bible means something other than what it says would be tantamount to DISHONESTY and ARROGANCE.

Does "ibn sabil" (son of the road) mean that the road gave birth to the person called that name or should the understanding of how the user of that term guide its understanding?

If someone is said to be the "son of Satan" should that necessarily mean that Satan had a wife in order to have a son?
No! One needs to understand how the user of that term meant it to be.

When Moslems talk of "the mother of the book" in heaven are we to use a purely human viewpoint to assume that it refers to a FEMALE in heaven?

So, when I showed how the Bible portrays Jesus Christ that is just how it should be taken. Using any other preconceptions would mean not being truthful.

The expression used in describing the sonship of Jesus indicates UNIQUENESS. The Bible clearly states that the Son shares the attributes of the Father. That claim may be rejected but it should not be denied.
The Father and the Son are in a UNIQUE relationship. That a person does not comprehend it does not mean it should be denied.

The unity of humanity and deity of Jesus Christ should not really be an issue. You as a human being possess both a physical visible nature and an invisible aspect. To say that you are one person with two distinct aspects would not be a contradiction; would it? Insanity would be rejecting that this is the case.

Jesus' Sonship does not rest upon His being born of the virgin Mary. On the contrary His virgin birth rests upon His Sonship. Before Mary ever was, the Son of God is. Jesus does not become the Son of God, but the Son of God becomes Jesus. Thus Jesus, as the Son, speaks to the Father about "the glory I had with You before the world began" (John 17:5; cf. Colossians 1:13-20), long before Mary ever was.

Jesus is more than just the son of Mary. Jesus is more than just a messenger. Jesus is more than just a prophet. That is why he is truly UNIQUE. Even your Koran showed that he is unique. The "Injil" - the Bible - explains the extent of this uniqueness.

So, a saving belief is one that believes on this pre-existent Son of God who became humanity in order to resolve mankind's sin issue and qualify many for eternity with God.

You need to look at the Bible with an open mind. That way you can be more objective in assessing what it says.

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Does "ibn sabil" (son of the road) mean that the road gave birth to the person called that name or should the understanding of how the user of that term guide its understanding?

If someone is said to be the "son of Satan" should that necessarily mean that Satan had a wife in order to have a son?
No! One needs to understand how the user of that term meant it to be.
I am only concerned about this part where you seem to make sense.

See how you arrived at Son of God and Son of Satan?. Now, I don't have problem with this. The problem is, by your definition of Son of God does that it means that people of moral character are sons of God?. This is what I told you earlier. But Son Of God in the Bible means anyone who possessed good character but you disagreed.

In that case, it was not only Jesus but other prophets and messangers and God-loving people are also sons and daughters of God..

Anyone with bad or wicked character are called Son of Satan. See how clear this is?.

Now if you disagree with what I just said you will forever have conflicted faith. So by what you said about son of God and Son Of Satan CONTRADICT the idea of BEGOTTEN. Begotten is animal act like human beings. This is what your bible described by calling Jesus a "begotten son". Which means God has a wife He copulated with (God forbid).

So how do you reconcile your bible saying Jesus is begotten son of God (John 3:16) and what you said illustrating that Jesus being Son of God means he possessed moral character and doesn't mean God has a wife?

Remember that DEFINITION of beget, which is past tense of begotten is human nature.

Answer this quick question. Who is Jesus?.

A). Human being

B). Son of God

C). God

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
Empiree:
I am only concerned about this part where you seem to make sense.

See how you arrived at Son of God and Son of Satan?. Now, I don't have problem with this. The problem is, by your definition of Son of God does that it means that people of moral character are sons of God?. This is what I told you earlier. But Son Of God in the Bible means anyone who possessed good character but you disagreed.

In that case, it was not only Jesus but other prophets and messangers and God-loving people are also sons and daughters of God..

Anyone with bad or wicked character are called Son of Satan. See how clear this is?.

Now if you disagree with what I just said you will forever have conflicted faith. So by what you said about son of God and Son Of Satan CONTRADICT the idea of BEGOTTEN. Begotten is animal act like human beings. This is what your bible described by calling Jesus a "begotten son". Which means God has a wife He copulated with (God forbid).

So how do you reconcile your bible saying Jesus is begotten son of God (John 3:16) and what you said illustrating that Jesus being Son of God means he possessed moral character and doesn't mean God has a wife?

Remember that DEFINITION of beget, which is past tense of begotten is human nature.

Answer this quick question. Who is Jesus?.

A). Human being

B). Son of God

C). God

Remember I said: "One needs to understand how the user of that term meant it to be."

Now, the dictionary you pasted has two sets of meaning for the word "beget".

One refers to the human procreation process.

The second is: "give rise to"; "bring about".

So, when faced with the use of the word "beget", context or the user's choice of the two options of meaning determines what should be taken as the meaning. We can't just be at liberty to decide which one to pick.

In the case of Jesus Christ the context shows clearly that it is not refering to the usual process of human procreation. God the Father brought about the humanity of God the Son. The Greek word used for "begotten" actually means "unique" or "without equal".

To disregard all these and then attempt to force a particular meaning on the word will simply not be correct.

Jesus in his UNIQUENESS is God, Son of God who became a human being through the INCARNATION in order to pay for the sins of mankind so that anyone who accepts the payment made for sin will have eternal life.

He who has the Son [by accepting Him as Lord and Savior] has the life [that is eternal]; he who does not have the Son of God [by personal faith] does not have the life.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 1:43am On Aug 31, 2018
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

Remember I said: "One needs to understand how the user of that term meant it to be."

Now, the dictionary you pasted has two sets of meaning for the word "beget".

One refers to the human procreation process.

The second is: "give rise to"; "bring about".

So, when faced with the use of the word "beget", context or the user's choice of the two options of meaning determines what should be taken as the meaning. We can't just be at liberty to decide which one to pick.

In the case of Jesus Christ the context shows clearly that it is not refering to the usual process of human procreation. God the Father brought about the humanity of God the Son. The Greek word used for "begotten" actually means "unique" or "without equal".

I know you have been using "UNIQUE" for quite some time now. You used it here again in order to single out Jesus christ. To make your case worse, you made distinctions with "BEGOTTEN" by dividing the definition and came up with unique and ultimately changed the second meaning which i underlined above. Now, take a look at Greek definition of BEGOTTEN, it contradicts your definition you attributed to them. BEGOTTEN means human procreation in all dictionaries including Greek's. So where did you get your idea from?.

There is nothing like "UNIQUE" in Greek definition of BEGOTTEN. Check out attachment

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 1:47am On Aug 31, 2018
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

To disregard all these and then attempt to force a particular meaning on the word will simply not be correct.

Jesus in his UNIQUENESS is God, Son of God who became a human being through the INCARNATION in order to pay for the sins of mankind so that anyone who accepts the payment made for sin will have eternal life.

I am sorry man. Even a primary school student would be utterly confused and disappointed with everything you said here. I need not to worry myself trying to help you out with this. Fact is, you don't know who Jesus truly was. You need to renounce christianity man.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 3:22am On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
I am sorry man. Even a primary school student would be utterly confused and disappointed with everything you said here. I need not to worry myself trying to help you out with this. Fact is, you don't know who Jesus truly was. You need to renounce christianity man.

To renounce Christianity and accept Islam ?

Your case is like that of a blind man calling someone with eyes ," blind man". What do you think would happen ? The sighted man will not help him but leave him to perish.
How can you , a Muslim , be arguing with Christians as if you understand what you are doing?

Only a spiritually blind person , after reading the history of Muhammad , would call Islam a God's religion.

If you die as a Muslim , you will roast in hell fire forever :

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 770:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" He replied, "Do you have any doubt in seeing the full moon on a clear (not cloudy) night?" They replied, "No, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "Do you have any doubt in seeing the sun when there are no clouds?" They replied in the negative. He said, "You will see Allah (your Lord) in the same way. On the Day of Resurrection, people will be gathered and He will order the people to follow what they used to worship. So some of them will follow the sun, some will follow the moon, and some will follow other deities; and only this nation (Muslims) will be left with its hypocrites. Allah will come to them and say, 'I am Your Lord.' They will say, 'We shall stay in this place till our Lord comes to us and when our Lord will come, we will recognize Him. Then Allah will come to them again and say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say, 'You are our Lord.' Allah will call them, and As-Sirat (a bridge) will be laid across Hell and I (Muhammad) shall be the first amongst the Apostles to cross it with my followers. Nobody except the Apostles will then be able to speak and they will be saying then, 'O Allah! Save us. O Allah Save us.'

There will be hooks like the thorns of Sa'dan in Hell. Have you seen the thorns of Sa'dan?" The people said, "Yes." He said, "These hooks will be like the thorns of Sa'dan but nobody except Allah knows their greatness in size and these will entangle the people according to their deeds; some of them will fall and stay in Hell forever; others will receive punishment (torn into small pieces) and will get out of Hell, till when Allah intends mercy on whomever He likes amongst the people of Hell, He will order the angels to take out of Hell those who worshipped none but Him alone. The angels will take them out by recognizing them from the traces of prostrations, for Allah has forbidden the (Hell) fire to eat away those traces. So they will come out of the Fire, it will eat away from the whole of the human body except the marks of the prostrations. At that time they will come out of the Fire as mere skeletons. The Water of Life will be poured on them and as a result they will grow like the seeds growing on the bank of flowing water. Then when Allah had finished from the Judgments amongst his creations, one man will be left between Hell and Paradise and he will be the last man from the people of Hell to enter paradise. He will be facing Hell, and will say, 't first?' He will say, '....
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 5:41am On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:

To renounce Christianity and accept Islam ?

Leave islam alone and help your brother out. He doesn't know true identity of Jesus and you are here post nonsense?. If you have nothing important to say, you may be to step aside undecided
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
I know you have been using "UNIQUE" for quite some time now. You used it here again in order to single out Jesus christ. To make your case worse, you made distinctions with "BEGOTTEN" by dividing the definition and came up with unique and ultimately changed the second meaning which i underlined above. Now, take a look at Greek definition of UNIQUE, it contradicts your definition you attributed to them. BEGOTTEN means human procreation in all dictionaries including Greek's. So where did you get your idea from?.

There is nothing like "UNIQUE" in Greek definition of BEGOTTEN. Check out attachment

I really do not see your point. But let me give some clarification.

1. You pasted a dictionary definition of the word "BEGET".
2. It had two (2) meanings.
3. I stated that it is the context or the writer's claim that would determine which of the meaning applies to a statement made using the word "beget".
4. That second meaning said: "to give rise to"; "bring about".
5. So, according to the dictionary you pasted (note: 'YOU') BEGET is NOT ONLY about human procreation. Right?
6. The Greek word that was translated to "begotten" is "monogenes". That word has the element of 'one of a kind' i.e. 'unique' in its meaning. So it is in order to use 'one and only' or 'unique'.
7. I hope this has clarified things for you.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his UNIQUELY born Son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
Leave islam alone and help your brother out. He doesn't know true identity of Jesus and you are here post nonsense?. If you have nothing important to say, you may be to step aside undecided

He knows but you don't . Despite all he posted and explained in plain terms , you still find it hard to understand or trying to twist the truth.

The truth is known to be bitter , that is the reason you call it nonsense.

Who should leave between you and I ? Are you not an intruder? Just leave and let the OP continue with his good work.
We don't need you here and we don't want you here.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
plainbibletruth:

I really do not see your point. But let me give some clarification.

1. You pasted a dictionary definition of the word "BEGET".
2. It had two (2) meanings.
3. I stated that it is the context or the writer's claim that would determine which of the meaning applies to a statement made using the word "beget".
4. That second meaning said: "to give rise to"; "bring about".
5. So, according to the dictionary you pasted (note: 'YOU') BEGET is NOT ONLY about human procreation. Right?
6. The Greek word that was translated to "begotten" is "monogenes". That word has the element of 'one of a kind' i.e. 'unique' in its meaning. So it is in order to use 'one and only' or 'unique'.
7. I hope this has clarified things for you.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his UNIQUELY born Son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
sorry, I misplaced UNIQUE for BEGOTTEN and I have rectified that. You are still perpetrating fraud. It's this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV). Many other Bible version don't even use the phrase. Okay let's assume Jesus is the only begotten son. So now who is the Father, Jesus?. And he's also the same holy spirit?..

Still what you are saying here is load of confusion. I wonder how people remain in Christianity. And there are bunch of you with professional certificates and you still typed nonsense despite your level of education?.

This so called unique it's not exclusive to Jesus. Besides it is dictionary you relied on not revelation I drive UNIQUE. Another question is, who wrong the Bible?. Who is John mentioned in John 3:16?. The verse was not coming from Jesus himself or holy spirit. It is hearsay
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:

He knows but you don't . Despite all he posted and explained in plain terms , you still find it hard to understand or trying to twist the truth.

The truth is known to be bitter , that is the reason you call it nonsense.

Who should leave between you and I ? Are you not an intruder? Just leave and let the OP continue with his good work.
We don't need you here and we don't want you here.

This is your homework. Who is Jesus?

Human being

God

Holy spirit

All to above.

Easy question, isn't?.

If you ask a muslim who is Muhammad?. He will reply " he is human being and messanger of God. Simple isn't?. Why is yours complicated?.

Please answer that question above. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
This is your homework. Who is Jesus?

Human being

God

Holy spirit

All to above.

Easy question, isn't?.

If you ask a muslim who is Muhammad?. He will reply " he is human being and messanger of God. Simple isn't?. Why is yours complicated?.

Please answer that question above. Thanks

These are no deep questions that need thinking. But the problem is you.
How can you say you have a homework for your teacher's teacher? It is an insult . Did you not read this :

Allah SWT says:
فَإِنْ كُنْتَ فِى شَكٍّ مِّمَّآ أَنْزَلْنَآ إِلَيْكَ فَسْئَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَءُونَ الْكِتٰبَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ ۚ لَقَدْ جَآءَكَ الْحَقُّ مِنْ رَّبِّكَ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ
"So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters."
(QS. Yunus: Verse 94)

For the sake of Christ , I will answer your questions.

Jesus is the Son of God , and God like his Father.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:

Okay, so God the father is separate entity. And Jesus Christ is also separate from what you just said. I'm I right?.

In another word Jesus is not God. I'm I right?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
Okay, so God the father is separate entity. And Jesus Christ is also separate from what you just said. I'm I right?.

In another word Jesus is not God. I'm I right?

Jesus is God but not God the Father , whose name is Jehovah.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:

Jesus is God but not God the Father , whose name is Jehovah.
but you just said this

enilove:

And you said you are teacher?. Don't you see your contradictions?. Only fools take Christianity serious. I mean no insult.

Let me break down what you just said. You said Jesus is Son Of God. You later said Jesus is God but not God the father. What does that mean?. Doesn't this mean that there are multiple Gods and God the father is the greater? God the son is the mini God?. In that case what's the meaning of your saying "God is one"?.

See why I said earlier that Christianity is house of confusion?. Didn't I tell you that neither you nor plainbibltruth knows identity of Jesus?. Your belief is based on speculations and hearsays

Why is it so hard for you guys to identify who Jesus was?. You can't teach your belief to primary School students without messing up their innocent brain.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
but you just said this

And you said you are teacher?. Don't you see your contradictions?. Only fools take Christianity serious. I mean no insult.

Let me break down what you just said. You said Jesus is Son Of God. You later said Jesus is God but not God the father. What does that mean?. Doesn't this mean that there are multiple Gods and God the father is the greater? God the son is the mini God?. In that case what's the meaning of your saying "God is one"?.

See why I said earlier that Christianity is house of confusion?. Didn't I tell you that neither you nor plainbibltruth knows identity of Jesus?. Your belief is based on speculations and hearsays

Why is it so hard for you guys to identify who Jesus was?. You can't teach your belief to primary School students without messing up their innocent brain.

Your problem is you. A primary school students would understand this because they would listen to learn and not with a mindset of what the answer should be.

Your father's blood runs in you. If your blood sample is different from your father's , people will call you a bastard.

A lion would give birth to a lion.

If a demon enters into a pregnant woman she will give birth to a demon incarnate.

I said Jesus is God because his Father is God. That means we have two Gods whose ranks are not the same.
A father is higher and greater than his son. Jesus said his Father is higher than him.

Your Quran says Jesus is God indirectly :
Allah SWT says:

وَرَسُولًا إِلٰى بَنِىٓ إِسْرٰٓءِيلَ أَنِّى قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِئَايَةٍ مِّنْ رَّبِّكُمْ ۖ أَنِّىٓ أَخْلُقُ لَكُمْ مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنْفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًۢا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْىِ الْمَوْتٰى بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِى بُيُوتِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِى ذٰلِكَ لَءَايَةً لَّكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُّؤْمِنِينَ
"And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan: Verse 49)

WHAT SIGN IS THE ABOVE VERSE TALKING OF ?
SIGN THAT JESUS IS LORD AND GOD LIKE HIS FATHER.

HE CREATED A BIRD FROM CLAY ,
HE GAVE SIGHT TO THE BLINDS,
CURED THE LEPER,
GAVE LIFE TO THE DEAD. ETC.

Who can create and give life to the dead other than God?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:

I said Jesus is God because his Father is God. That means we have two Gods whose ranks are not the same. A father is higher and greater than his son. Jesus said his Father is higher than him.
this is why Saudi should never allow Christianity or church in their country. You will pollute their children. But I truly thank you for your sincerity that you have two Gods in Christianity. This make Christians mushrikun (polytheists). And I am sure you have 3 gods because we have not talked to about holy spirit yet, which is God The "God the holy Spirit".

You are incredible. Didn't I say to you that you don't know Jesus?. I am now gonna screenshot your submission and publish it on many social media platforms for future reference.

WHAT SIGN IS THE ABOVE VERSE TALKING OF ?
SIGN THAT JESUS IS LORD AND GOD LIKE HIS FATHER.

HE CREATED A BIRD FROM CLAY ,
HE GAVE SIGHT TO THE BLINDS,
CURED THE LEPER,
GAVE LIFE TO THE DEAD. ETC.

Who can create and give life to the dead other than God?

leave Islam out of this. If you don't know your bible how come you know Quran?. To answer your question for education purposes, SIGN means amazing wonders of God . Oceans are also signs of God. We humans are signs of God. Animals are signs of God. All the amazing creations and wonders are signs of God.

How does that translate to God?.

You also said because Jesus created bird from clay means he's God.?. Yet you skipped the part where the same verse you quoted says that Jesus created bird from clay by God's permission which is in harmony with Bible where Jesus said "I can not do anything on my own JOHN 5:30 and ACTS 2:22

So it is actually God who performed miracles not Jesus. If you insist that because Jesus created bird from clay makes him God, then, those babalawo also do many wonders too. They can move stone by their words of command. They can hypotenize you to sleep without touching you. So because of these they are Gods too, abi?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
Empiree:
this is why Saudi should never allow Christianity or church in their country. You will pollute their children. But I truly thank you for your sincerity that you have two Gods in Christianity. This make Christians mushrikun (polytheists). And I am sure you have 3 gods because we have not talked to about holy spirit yet, which is God The "God the holy Spirit".

You are incredible. Didn't I say to you that you don't know Jesus?. I am now gonna screenshot your submission and publish it on many social media platforms for future reference.

leave Islam out of this. If you don't know your bible how come you know Quran?. To answer your question for education purposes, SIGN means amazing wonders of God . Oceans are also signs of God. We humans are signs of God. Animals are signs of God. All the amazing creations and wonders are signs of God.

How does that translate to God?.

You also said because Jesus created bird from clay means he's God.?. Yet you skipped the part where the same verse you quoted says that Jesus created bird from clay by God's permission which is in harmony with Bible where Jesus said "I can not do anything on my own JOHN 5:30 and ACTS 2:22

So it is actually God who performed miracles not Jesus. If you insist that because Jesus created bird from clay makes him God, then, those babalawo also do many wonders too. They can move stone by their words of command. They can hypotenize you to sleep without touching you. So because of these they are Gods too, abi?

Saudi Arabia cannot be polluted more than what it is now. It had been polluted b4 Muhammad and polluted much more than any nation in the world . She is the centre of the world's idolatry.

If you see Christianity as polytheistic religion , that is because you don't understand chrristinity and the things of God.

More than 2000 years when Saudi Arabia were worshipping 360 idols , the Jews had been worshipping one God and the bible tells us this .

Jesus and his Father are one. Which means when you worship the Son , you are automatically worshipping the Father because they are one.
Husband and wife are one . Who ever disrespects your wife does not honour you as well.

A sign also means " an indication of the presence or existence of something".
Those miracles are indications to testify that Jesus is Lord.
If Jesus did not have what it takes to give breath of life , God will not allow him.

Let me ask you a question .
How many president do we have in Nigeria's present ruling government?

I answered your question , if you don't answer this , then it will show you are not honest.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
enilove:
If you see Christianity as polytheistic religion , that is because you don't understand chrristinity and the things of God.
you have been given enough chances to prove yourself but you failed. Anytime you tried to fix it you further messed up. So you can't just say I don't understand

Jesus and his Father are one. Which means when you worship the Son , you are automatically worshipping the Father because they are one.
Husband and wife are one . Who ever disrespects your wife does not honour you as well.
See underlined further proves your polytheism. Husband and wife analogy is rubbish. Husband and wife are two separate people. They shared different functional roles.

If Jesus did not have what it takes to give breath of life , God will not allow him.
who gave Jesus life?. Please stop embarrassing yourself. Did Jesus give birth by himself?. We read in your bible how he was conceived and how he was given birth.

Let me ask you a question .
How many president do we have in Nigeria's present ruling government?
You have ONE president, who is Muhammadu Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic? / Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.