Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM (16499 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by proudkafir: 7:32am On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:
I am asking you again what's your business with him and why are you so concern about him?. You have lots of nonsense in your Bible to preoccupy yourself with. What's your problem with us?

Why are christian missionaries and evangelists so much lean toward Ibn Ishaq?. Ibn Ishaq was not our prophet. Why must we believe everything he collected?.
I have never seen any Islamic scholar who do not study the life of Mohammed, by ibn Ishaq, before attaining his scholarship. It is only online scholars like you, who have no any single scholarly work on Islam, that will condemn his work as a fabrication. If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why did Imam Bukhari used his 'fabricated' works as a reference while compiling his hadith and Ibn Hisham, while compiling the edited sirah rasool Allah?

I almost gave up on you when you made a claim that he is a Jewish man. This is the height of Islamic desperation and cover-ups! How can you call Ibn Ishaq a Jew because he was sincere enough while writing the biography of your prophet? If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why is the book still being sold in all Islamic shops in Saudi Arabia? Nigerian Muslims are wonderful!

Now back to the hadith, which is a mere rumour, gossips and Chinese whispers, how can you trust sahih Bukhari who never seen or meet Mohammed. Imam Bukhari wrote his hadith about 250 years after Mohammed, how do you know its not filled with lies since many hadith narrations had been classified as either a weak or fabricated hadith. Besides, Imam Bukhari is from Uzbekistan and not even an Arab and most of what he wrote cannot be found in the Qur'an.

Your Quran does not also help. Mohammed never asked his sahabas to compile the alleged revelation he gave to his sahabas. It was Umar ibn katab, the second rightly guided khalifa, who came up with the idea of compiling the ayah as a book, under the leadership of the first khalifa, Abu Bakr. They came up with this idea after Muslims lost many men (who have some ayah in their memory) at the battle of yamama, two years after Mohammed died.

Both Abu Bakr and Uthman ibn katab did not live to see the final compilation, but Uthman ibn Affan finished the compilation and burnt the rest of the Quran he doesn't like. Basically, the present Qur'an is a govt project and the final work of Uthman Ibn Affan, how can you call it the word of a god? You have to be objective in your way and reasoning and be sincere with yourself. Muslims can only fool people that are ignorant of Islamic history (over 95% of mankind are ignorant of Islam).

Islam thrives and flourished under the atmosphere of ignorance.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2018
proudkafir:
I have never seen any Islamic scholar who do not study the life of Mohammed, by ibn Ishaq, before attaining his scholarship. It is only online scholars like you, who have no any single scholarly work on Islam, that will condemn his work as a fabrication. If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why did Imam Bukhari used his 'fabricated' works as a reference while compiling his hadith and Ibn Hisham, while compiling the edited sirah rasool Allah?

I almost gave up on you when you made a claim that he is a Jewish man. This is the height of Islamic desperation and cover-ups! How can you call Ibn Ishaq a Jew because he was sincere enough while writing the biography of your prophet? If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why is the book still being sold in all Islamic shops in Saudi Arabia? Nigerian Muslims are wonderful!

Now back to the hadith, which is a mere rumour, gossips and Chinese whispers, how can you trust sahih Bukhari who never seen or meet Mohammed. Imam Bukhari wrote his hadith about 250 years after Mohammed, how do you know its not filled with lies since many hadith narrations had been classified as either a weak or fabricated hadith. Besides, Imam Bukhari is from Uzbekistan and not even an Arab and most of what he wrote cannot be found in the Qur'an.

Your Quran does not also help. Mohammed never asked his sahabas to compile the alleged revelation he gave to his sahabas. It was Umar ibn katab, the second rightly guided khalifa, who came up with the idea of compiling the ayah as a book, under the leadership of the first khalifa, Abu Bakr. They came up with this idea after Muslims lost many men (who have some ayah in their memory) at the battle of yamama, two years after Mohammed died.

Both Abu Bakr and Uthman ibn katab did not live to see the final compilation, but Uthman ibn Affan finished the compilation and burnt the rest of the Quran he doesn't like. Basically, the present Qur'an is a govt project and the final work of Uthman Ibn Affan, how can you call it the word of a god? You have to be objective in your way and reasoning and be sincere with yourself. Muslims can only fool people that are ignorant of Islamic history (over 95% of mankind).

Islam thrives and flourished under the atmosphere of ignorance.

If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why is the book still being sold in all Islamic shops in Saudi Arabia? :

I wonder ooo my brother
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for your epistle. Are you done?. You still failed to Avery my question. Why do Christian evangelists and missionaries so attracted I bin ishaq's?. Is it because he said what you want to hear?. Yes, I read it before that he was a Jew or had just background just as he had Christian background.

And if you read my attachments, you would see that calling him a liar was not established by me but he was called a liar by earliest Muslims like Imam Malik(ra). And I am sure you only like ibn Ishaq for his work. You still don't like him for his religion (Islam).

Thank you for your contribution Mr. Kufar cheesy

[quoteor=proudkafir post=71182468]....
[/quote]
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2018
OLUWABIG:

If Ibn Ishaq's work is a fabrication, why is the book still being sold in all Islamic shops in Saudi Arabia? :

I wonder ooo my brother
Hitler's book still sell in Germany. Is that a proof of heroism or genuity?. Saudi condemns the use of rosary but they still sell them.

This is irrelevant
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2018
Samunique:
Read the bible for yourself and you will find the answers, and if you're not clear then we can help you out.
grin grin so you don't know anything. Now, don't ever quote me again.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2018
Samunique:
Bros stop being arrogant in ignorance here, u know noting about the bible. We know your like, who get puffed up in what they know noting about. You've not been able to successfully defend your religion, and we all see how tru2god is taking you to the cleaner here, anyways, that's the spirit of Islam, always pride themselves in ignorance. Adepoju comes to mind !

Pls try and bring up your so called biblical contradictions regarding the gospel, I shall attend to them when I'm back from work.

Religion blinds, but Christ saves !!!

You can be forgiven !
who is this confused guy?. You were given question to answer but you decided to skip.

Here it is again. Let's see how brave and knowledgeable you are

Empiree:
This is your homework. Who is Jesus?

Human being

God

Holy spirit

All to above.

Easy question, isn't?.

If you ask a muslim who is Muhammad?. He will reply " he is human being and messanger of God. Simple isn't?. Why is yours complicated?.

Please answer that question above. Thanks
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Samunique(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:
who is this confused guy?
Perhaps you are the one ?

You were given question to answer but you decided to skip.[/quote]

What question ? Go and read it yourself, the Bible is very clear, it's not written in complicated classic arabic, it's available any language of your choice.

it's universal !!!

Here it is again. Let's see how brave and knowledgeable you are [/quote]

Yea, Jesus is who He is !!!

Or is that to hard for u to understand
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
Samunique:

Yea, Jesus is who He is !!!

Or is that to hard for u to understand
who was he, human or God?. Clarify yourself
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Samunique(m): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:
who was he, human or God?. Clarify yourself
He is the Son of the living God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!

Are u ready to give your life to him that you might receive the gift of the holy spirit ?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by BeansAndBread(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Why don't you kuku write a book and copy all these long and boring bunkum into it? Only your fellow ignorant jobless twerp will sit to go through all these conjoined crappy poo.

The other day, I created a thread that destroyed the very pillar that your religion stands on, up till now, you and tru2god are MIA.

**piss on thread**
Missing in Action grin grin Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by BeansAndBread(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
OLUWABIG:

I wonder ooo my brother
Where in Saudi Arabia is it being sold? Please, I need the address

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Samunique:
He is the Son of the living God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!
okay. "Son of the living God". Fair enough. Just want to let you know that all of us good and well mannered human beings are sons and daughters of the living God. Thanks for the reply. Now, how about those who say Jesus is God, and he's the same holy spirit that formed three in one. Do you believe this as well?.

Are u ready to give your life to him that you might receive the gift of the holy spirit ?
not that fast. Why are you in hurry?. I'm not convinced yet
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 6:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:

..... Why do Christian evangelists and missionaries so attracted I bin ishaq's?. Is it because he said what you want to hear?. Yes, I read it before that he was a Jew or had just background just as he had Christian background.

And if you read my attachments, you would see that calling him a liar was not established by me but he was called a liar by earliest Muslims like Imam Malik(ra). And I am sure you only like ibn Ishaq for his work. You still don't like him for his religion (Islam).

This is another Islamic writer I wrote about:
3. Another narrator of the same event
[b]It is worthy of note that another important early historical book of Islam – Kitab Al-tabaqat Al-Kabir by Ibn Sa’d – also narrated this same story
- Is this book also ‘faulty’ in some respect especially where it ‘paints’ Mohamed in bad light by ordering the killing of this 120 year old man - Abu Afak?
- Are we now being told these stories are ‘lies’ and ‘fabrications’ simply because these “Islamic” values do not line up with today’s values for human rights and moral standards?
- Again, if these materials such as this one are called to question, then what right do Islamic apologists like yourself have to reference them on other matters – is it simply because they agree with your position on those other matters?
I wonder what scholars of Islam say about this writer too. Is his own rendition of this same story ‘fabricated’ also? Maybe Empiree can give us his take on this.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

This is another Islamic writer I wrote about:

So you had to go to any length to ensure I'm convinced about this spurious stories?. I tell you right now that you are watering your time with me. I swear it doesn't change anything. You know why?

Because message of Islam that None Had The Right To Be Worshipped Except Allah, Muhammad Is His Messanger. This Declaration Of Faith Which Is Missing In Your Religion Is My Backbone.

It is understandable when people hate something they can come up with trash to discredit the truth. If you read this attachment, the comment talks about the importance of ISNAD which Ibn Ishaq and his gang lacked.

I know you are seriously looking for loopholes to bail Islam but you failed to realize that this is more than 1400 years and people still coming into the Religion in large crowd. And I know the reason you evangelical Christians so much concerned about false stories like this it's to appeal the killer of your God's audience.

Pay attention to what the writer says. You can't just come up with stories about our prophet without proper chains. Yes doing this nonsense really because you can not defend your Christian doctrines. Besides, your bible is filled with murder, rape, genocide etc. So why are you so much concerned about islam?. You can say "that's old testament" but does this in anyway vindicates your Bible as long as it remains in it?. And if that's old testament for the sake of this thread, how about your contemporary leaders who continue to kill around the world today by destroying muslim countries?. Are they not following the Bible (O & NTs)?

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by basilico: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
I have followed this thread though ignoring Empiree and his fellow Muslims.
Now we have lots of videos on youtube , memri. etc from muslim clerics explaining Islam.
Empiree do you agree with them

I have watched countless Zakr
Naikh TV series lying and beating around the bush on matters plainbibletruth has raised.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
basilico:
I have followed this thread though ignoring Emp.iree and his fellow Muslims.
Now we have lots of videos on youtube , memri. etc from muslim clerics explaining Islam.
Emp.iree do you agree with them

I have watched countless Zakr
Naikh TV series lying and beating around the bush on matters plainbibletruth has raised.
Where have u been bro?. I thought you accepted islam and travelled to Saudi Arabia to further your education?. Anyways, i barely watch Memri so i have no idea what goes on there. That answers your question.

And plainbibletruth raised nothing. He just shot himself in the legs all the time. The only thing i can agree with is lots of atrocities in your bible cheesy you are yet to clear from your so called "holy book"
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:

It is understandable when people hate something they can come up with trash to discredit the truth. If you read this attachment, the comment talks about the importance of ISNAD which Ibn Ishaq and his gang lacked.

BUT Empiree, I gave you another Islamic source other than Ibn Ishaq.

You seem to be the one hung up on him and repeating disclaimers on him.

Is Kitab Al-tabaqat Al-Kabir by Ibn Sa’d – who also narrated this same story also wrong?
- Is this book also ‘faulty’ in some respect especially where it ‘paints’ Mohamed in bad light by ordering the killing of this 120 year old man - Abu Afak?

Be clear in your answer.

That Islam has contradictory position on virtually everything is VERY CLEAR to you Moslems.

As a result you can always be shifty; using whatever side is convenient at any point in time to support your claims.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Samunique(m): 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
Empiree:
okay. "Son of the living God". Fair enough. Just want to let you know that all of us good and well mannered human beings are sons and daughters of the living God. Thanks for the reply. Now, how about those who say Jesus is God, and he's the same holy spirit that formed three in one. Do you believe this as well?.

not that fast. Why are you in hurry?. I'm not convinced yet
Bros, I know where u are driving at, hope u realize that u are not dealing with a kid here ?
Because these questions of yours have been well dealt with on this same thread.

Now let me answer your questions, hoping we can have matured discussions with mutual respect here which will benefit the all and sundary.

1. All of us who are good mannered are sons and daughters of God ? ( though surprised to hear this from a Muslim, cause no Islamic theology/doctrine support this, I know u are trying to play smart here).

Having said that, I'm yet to see in my Bible where it says, all that are well mannered are God's children.

Though plsam 82:6 says, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. And the "title" Son (s) of God was also used for the Angels in the book of job and genesis chapter six, and God did use this same term for the nation of Isreal when He said, "Isreal is my first born, and Jesus also states it in the betitudes that blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God.

Now the term Son/daughter can be used in three contexts, (by) birth, adoption and mere title. U will agree with me that not all those whom u call your children are your biological or adopted children. ( I know u must be very happy about these points grin ). Let's continue..........

ADOPTION IN THE OLD TESTAMENT: God called the nation of Isreal his first son bcs it is the bearerer of the abrahamic covenant through which the promised seed, the future messiah would be born ( not bcs they were well mannered as you suggest in your post) and also, to show how fatherly He was to them relationship wise most especially as the first nation to receive the law of God, the bearer of the oracle of God. Exo 4:23.

ADOPTION IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: This is more profound and real than the mere proclamation made in the old testament regarding the nation of Isreal bcs it is done by the spirit of God through faith in Christ. Empiree, this is a definite experience that all those who have been born of the spirit have. Take it or leave, it is true !
It more than being emotional or fanatic, it is a sweet experience !

The Bible says so and I found it so !

This is one of the many reasons I will never doubt the Bible, bcs I had not this experience when i was a muslim until I came to Christ. These following scriptures confirm it, John 1:12-13, Rom 8:14-17 , pls read.

Now, the Bible is not calling us here God's children bcs we are well mannered but bcs of the redemption through which we are born again by the Spirit of God !
John 3:5-7.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John1:12-13.

NOW LET'S GO TO THE REAL DEAL: Is Jesus the Son of God by title or adoption ?

This answer is capital NO, except we want to break the scriptures !

Jesus is not a son of God, but the Son God. John 1:1, 1:18, 3:16-17, 5:17-23, mark 14:61-62, matt 16:13-18 etc.

There are so many instances in the Bible which make Jesus as the only Son of God undisputable. We know most time Jesus tried to hide His identity prior to His crucifixion, that's why He choosed for Himself the title "Son of man" until a few days /weeks to His passion.
Jesus on His way to Jerusalem which happened to be His last trip to the city asked His disciples what people say about His real identity, when Peter called Him Christ the Son of the living God He never denied it. But commended him that the flesh and blood has not revealed this to him but the Spirit of God. Matt 16:13-18. He was also asked in mark 14:61-62 whether He's the Son of God and He never denied it but answered "I AM".

Lastly, there are many strong claims that Jesus made in the Bible that no mortal has ever made whether before or after Him. If He's not what He is, do u think He would have made those claims, most especially a man so humble and sinless for that matter ?? read John 5:17-23, 14:1-14 etc.

Empiree , let me ask you this questions:

1. Do u think what is impossible in our own dimension of being is also impossible in God's own dimension of being?

2. Do u think God needs water, food and oxygen to survive like humans ?

3. Do u believe God created this our big universe out of noting ?

Then why do u people think it is impossible for God to have a Son or a Child without woman ?

* Pls I will answer your last question latter bcs of space and time .

Thanks !
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:38am On Sep 15, 2018
Samunique:

1. All of us who are good mannered are sons and daughters of God ? ( though surprised to hear this from a Muslim, cause no Islamic theology/doctrine support this, I know u are trying to play smart here).
I simply referred to your own doctrine. If Jesus is the son of God, how about other good people who are called children of God?. This goes to show you that Jesus is not the only son of God. There are other sons and children of God too. So don't get things mixed up with muslims John 1:12, Matthew 5:9

Having said that, I'm yet to see in my Bible where it says, all that are well mannered are God's children.
Don't capitalize on my choice of words, "well mannered". It means the same thing as "good character", "peacemakers" which is what your bible alluded to in John 1:12, Matthew 5:9. That's what Quran calls "righteous conduct". But you people called it "son of God". Question, is Jesus the only son of God now?

Though plsam 82:6 says, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. And the "title" Son (s) of God was also used for the Angels in the book of job and genesis chapter six, and God did use this same term for the nation of Isreal when He said, "Isreal is my first born, and Jesus also states it in the betitudes that blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God.
And your point is?. What you said here is my point. It shows that Jesus is not the only son of God. Help yourself.

ADOPTION IN THE OLD TESTAMENT: God called the nation of Isreal his first son bcs it is the bearerer of the abrahamic covenant through which the promised seed, the future messiah would be born ( not bcs they were well mannered as you suggest in your post) and also, to show how fatherly He was to them relationship wise most especially as the first nation to receive the law of God, the bearer of the oracle of God. Exo 4:23.
Told you that "well mannered" is my choice of words. It means RIGHTEOUSNESS in Islamic terminology. It is clear from the verses and the way you are talking so far that "Son of God" means someone of good and moral character. It doesn't mean biological son of God. Correct?

ADOPTION IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: This is more profound and real than the mere proclamation made in the old testament regarding the nation of Isreal bcs it is done by the spirit of God through faith in Christ. Emp.iree, this is a definite experience that all those who have been born of the spirit have. Take it or leave, it is true !
It more than being emotional or fanatic, it is a sweet experience !
You are about to get yourself in full blown contradictions..but let me read further see where you trying to drive at.

The Bible says so and I found it so !

This is one of the many reasons I will never doubt the Bible, bcs I had not this experience when i was a muslim until I came to Christ. These following scriptures confirm it, John 1:12-13, Rom 8:14-17 , pls read.
"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Unfortunately you were borne of human being (FLESH). What is "born of God" means to you?. Apart from that, this shows that Jesus is not the only one born of God. You have just proved me right again. So why do you guys keep saying Jesus is the Only son of God if you are son of God too?

Now, the Bible is not calling us here God's children bcs we are well mannered but bcs of the redemption through which we are born again by the Spirit of God !
John 3:5-7.
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[a] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[b] must be born again.’

This bible verse is simply speaking in parable. I would use islamic standard to rephrase it. The verse simply means to have Faith and to be good in conduct. This verse of Quran clarifies it, thus:

"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces to the east and the west [in prayer]. But righteous is the one who believes in God, the Last Day, the Angels, the Scripture and the Prophets; who gives his wealth in spite of love for it to kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the wayfarer, to those who ask and to set slaves free. And (righteous are) those who pray, pay alms, honor their agreements, and are patient in (times of) poverty, ailment and during conflict. Such are the people of truth. And they are the God-Fearing." (Quran 2:177)

See how clear the Quran phrase it without getting anyone confused?. Bro, you are born of human flesh not spirit. It is when you follow God orders and truly worship Him alone and not Jesus, that's when you are truly close to God in spirit. Anyone can experience anything regardless of religion affiliation. Buddhists have spiritual experiences too. Does that make their religion right?. No.

NOW LET'S GO TO THE REAL DEAL: Is Jesus the Son of God by title or adoption ?

This answer is capital NO, except we want to break the scriptures !

Jesus is not a son of God, but the Son God. John 1:1, 1:18, 3:16-17, 5:17-23, mark 14:61-62, matt 16:13-18 etc.
I said earlier that you were about to get yourself into serious confusion. If you can think critically, you should already noticed John 1:1 and 18 are enough confusion. Obviously, John 3:16-17 is spoken by someone unknown. Your confusion has began and i will help you further your confusion until your eyes are open. But allow me to ask you, son of God mentioned in this quote are different from Son of God you have been saying earlier?. You said son of God is different from Son of God. This simply means capital S depicts Jesus. Fine. But the same John said Son is also God. Yet in the same Bible it says God can not been seen not His voice could be heard at all by any human John 5:37. But Jesus was seen and his voice was heard.

"son of God" in the language of the Jews was a very innocent term used to describe a loyal servant of God. Whether the translators and editors chose to write it as "Son of God" (with a capital S) in reference to Jesus and "son of God" (with a small S) in reference to everyone else does not diminish the fact that in the original language, both cases are exactly the same.

Grolier's encyclopedia, under the heading "Jesus Christ," says:

"During his earthly life Jesus was addressed as rabbi and was regarded as a prophet. Some of his words, too, place him in the category of sage. A title of respect for a rabbi would be "my Lord." Already before Easter his followers, impressed by his authority, would mean something more than usual when they addressed him as "my Lord.".... it is unlikely that the title "Son of David" was ascribed to him or accepted by him during his earthly ministry. "Son of God," in former times a title of the Hebrew kings (Psalms 2:7), was first adopted in the post-Easter church as an equivalent of Messiah and had no metaphysical connotations (Romans 1:4). Jesus was conscious of a unique filial relationship with God, but it is uncertain whether the Father/Son language (Mark 18:32; Matt. 11:25-27 par.; John passim) goes back to Jesus himself" .

You are about to enter into serious confusion but let me take it slow. But remember, you have merged God and Jesus to be one entity. At the same time you wanna differentiate them?.

There are so many instances in the Bible which make Jesus as the only Son of God undisputable.
Oh really?. How about this where Jesus claimed to be "Son of man" (eg. Matt. 17:12,Mark 8:38, Luke 9:56)

Em.piree , let me ask you this questions:

Then why do u people think it is impossible for God to have a Son or a Child without woman ?

* Pls I will answer your last question latter bcs of space and time .

Thanks !
See highlighted, you are insinuating that Jesus is biological Son of God without having intercourse with woman. You have just committed heinous sin that can not be forgiven unless you make tawbah and desist from such belief. Begotten is animal act. God is not animal nor does He resembles His creations. The moment you equate God with human attributes, you have got yourself in big trouble. Quran has this to say to rebuke your doctrine.

[He is] Originator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He does not have a companion and He created all things? And He is, of all things, Knowing. (6:101)

He begets not, nor was He begotten. (surah Ikhlas)

But they have attributed to Allah partners - the jinn, while He has created them - and have fabricated for Him sons and daughters. Exalted is He and high above what they describe (6:100)

And say, "Praise to Allah , who has not taken a son and has had no partner in [His] dominion and has no [need of a] protector out of weakness; and glorify Him with [great] glorification."

Finally Quran says,

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:41am On Sep 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Is Kitab Al-tabaqat Al-Kabir by Ibn Sa’d – who also narrated this same story also wrong?

Be clear in your answer.

That Islam has contradictory position on virtually everything is VERY CLEAR to you Moslems.

As a result you can always be shifty; using whatever side is convenient at any point in time to support your claims.

It is clear you didnt read the attachments or you read but chose to ignore. It is clearly written there that Ibn Sa’d and Ibn Ishaq wrote identical story that has no chain of transmission. It is said that Ibn Sa’d copied Ibn Ishaq grin

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Demmzy15(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Be clear in your answer.

So you're still alive? grin
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
Empiree:
It is clear you didnt read the attachments or you read but chose to ignore. It is clearly written there that Ibn Sa’d and Ibn Ishaq wrote identical story that has no chain of transmission. It is said that Ibn Sa’d copied Ibn Ishaq grin
Did Mohamed murder Abu Afak & Asma?

It is clear that you are using another one of Islam's "ingenious" ways to wriggle out of arguments.

If the oldest extant history of Mohamed’s life is questioned by you guys, then on what basis do you have to think later documents should be accepted as more reliable?

Are you aware that Sunan Abu Dawud ALSO narrated the killing of the poetess - Asma? Is this hadith now no more "authentic" because of this portrayal of Mohamed as a cold blooded murderer?

I repeat; that Islam has contradictory position on virtually everything is VERY CLEAR to you Moslems.

Islam has been divided right from virtually after Mohamed as to what Mohamed said or didn't say or what he do or didn't do.

Efforts to clear the mist has led subsequent Moslem generations to come up with all kinds of verification systems. The isnad is one of them.

The koran has very little narrative material about Mohamed's life, yet the Moslem is supposed to see him as an example to be followed. This then leaves people like you with the only option of resorting to the biographies and hadiths on Mohamed.

But in these you meet a brick wall. Unpallatable stories about this "example" for all mankind show up. How to deal with these now becomes the issue: do you throw away the entire writings? Or what?

Then comes the usual Islam's "ingenious" way of coming up with "solutions". The "isnad" is "invented". It is dubbed "scientific". Problem solved, at least for some.

Others who are not completely convinced or cannot truthfully live with these CONTRADICTIONS but still "feel" Islam is the way, resort to being "KORAN ONLY" Moslems.

A conclusion we can ULTIMATELY come to then is that the Koran, believed by every Moslem to be pure revelation, can only be proved and justified as pure revelation, by using the human systems.

Does Chains of Transmitters Guarantee Truth?
Certainly chains of narrators are useful but they are only one aspect of history.

If we get an unbroken line of transmitters of a lie or a distortion, does that TURN the narration into the truth? Does the mere fact of an unbroken chain of transmitters make a document valid or reliable? Are the biases of the transmitters irrelevant? The plain answer to all these questions is an unequivocal "NO!"

At the end of the day it's not just an "unbroken chain" that the Moslem has to resolve. He has to battle with perhaps dozens of other "requirements" as to the reliability of the transmitters and the mode of transmission.

Empiree, one big question you've FAILED to answer is this: Are all these other CONTRIBUTORS to Islam "inspired" by Allah or not?

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
Demmzy15:
So you're still alive? grin
To answer you in the words of your friend: "How market"?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by alienvirus: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
What Muslims must know about Christians

1 Like

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
alienvirus:
What Muslims must know about Christians

Re: what Muslims must know about Catholics
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Samunique(m): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2018
Empiree:
I simply referred to your own doctrine. If Jesus is the son of God, how about other good people who are called children of God?. This goes to show you that Jesus is not the only son of God. There are other sons and children of God too. So don't get things mixed up with muslims John 1:12, Matthew 5:9

Don't capitalize on my choice of words, "well mannered". It means the same thing as "good character", "peacemakers" which is what your bible alluded to in John 1:12, Matthew 5:9. That's what Quran calls "righteous conduct". But you people called it "son of God". Question, is Jesus the only son of God now?

And your point is?. What you said here is my point. It shows that Jesus is not the only son of God. Help yourself.

Told you that "well mannered" is my choice of words. It means RIGHTEOUSNESS in Islamic terminology. It is clear from the verses and the way you are talking so far that "Son of God" means someone of good and moral character. It doesn't mean biological son of God. Correct?

You are about to get yourself in full blown contradictions..but let me read further see where you trying to drive at.

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Unfortunately you were borne of human being (FLESH). What is "born of God" means to you?. Apart from that, this shows that Jesus is not the only one born of God. You have just proved me right again. So why do you guys keep saying Jesus is the Only son of God if you are son of God too?

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[a] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[b] must be born again.’

This bible verse is simply speaking in parable. I would use islamic standard to rephrase it. The verse simply means to have Faith and to be good in conduct. This verse of Quran clarifies it, thus:

"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces to the east and the west [in prayer]. But righteous is the one who believes in God, the Last Day, the Angels, the Scripture and the Prophets; who gives his wealth in spite of love for it to kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the wayfarer, to those who ask and to set slaves free. And (righteous are) those who pray, pay alms, honor their agreements, and are patient in (times of) poverty, ailment and during conflict. Such are the people of truth. And they are the God-Fearing." (Quran 2:177)

See how clear the Quran phrase it without getting anyone confused?. Bro, you are born of human flesh not spirit. It is when you follow God orders and truly worship Him alone and not Jesus, that's when you are truly close to God in spirit. Anyone can experience anything regardless of religion affiliation. Buddhists have spiritual experiences too. Does that make their religion right?. No.

I said earlier that you were about to get yourself into serious confusion. If you can think critically, you should already noticed John 1:1 and 18 are enough confusion. Obviously, John 3:16-17 is spoken by someone unknown. Your confusion has began and i will help you further your confusion until your eyes are open. But allow me to ask you, son of God mentioned in this quote are different from Son of God you have been saying earlier?. You said son of God is different from Son of God. This simply means capital S depicts Jesus. Fine. But the same John said Son is also God. Yet in the same Bible it says God can not been seen not His voice could be heard at all by any human John 5:37. But Jesus was seen and his voice was heard.

"son of God" in the language of the Jews was a very innocent term used to describe a loyal servant of God. Whether the translators and editors chose to write it as "Son of God" (with a capital S) in reference to Jesus and "son of God" (with a small S) in reference to everyone else does not diminish the fact that in the original language, both cases are exactly the same.

"During his earthly life Jesus was addressed as rabbi and was regarded as a prophet. Some of his words, too, place him in the category of sage. A title of respect for a rabbi would be "my Lord." Already before Easter his followers, impressed by his authority, would mean something more than usual when they addressed him as "my Lord.".... it is unlikely that the title "Son of David" was ascribed to him or accepted by him during his earthly ministry. "Son of God," in former times a title of the Hebrew kings (Psalms 2:7), was first adopted in the post-Easter church as an equivalent of Messiah and had no metaphysical connotations (Romans 1:4). Jesus was conscious of a unique filial relationship with God, but it is uncertain whether the Father/Son language (Mark 18:32; Matt. 11:25-27 par.; John passim) goes back to Jesus himself" .

You are about to enter into serious confusion but let me take it slow. But remember, you have merged God and Jesus to be one entity. At the same time you wanna differentiate them?.

Oh really?. How about this where Jesus claimed to be "Son of man" (eg. Matt. 17:12,Mark 8:38, Luke 9:56)

See highlighted, you are insinuating that Jesus is biological Son of God without having intercourse with woman. You have just committed heinous sin that can not be forgiven unless you make tawbah and desist from such belief. Begotten is animal act. God is not animal nor does He resembles His creations. The moment you equate God with human attributes, you have got yourself in big trouble. Quran has this to say to rebuke your doctrine.

[He is] Originator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He does not have a companion and He created all things? And He is, of all things, Knowing. (6:101)

He begets not, nor was He begotten. (surah Ikhlas)

But they have attributed to Allah partners - the jinn, while He has created them - and have fabricated for Him sons and daughters. Exalted is He and high above what they describe (6:100)

And say, "Praise to Allah , who has not taken a son and has had no partner in [His] dominion and has no [need of a] protector out of weakness; and glorify Him with [great] glorification."

Finally Quran says,

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.
Pls what is your point here with all this long post, bcs u have not made any point ?

Are you saying here that the Bible doesn't support Jesus as being the Son of God or what is your point ?

I want state here that this your logic is very boring , the same over and over.

You asked whether Jesus is the son of God, and I went to the Bible the very source of his birth, life and teachings, all u could do was to bore me with what you copy from Wikipedia and some Quranic verses from a man whose source of revelations was uncertain, that's if he had any at all. Bcs some of the stories he told about Jesus were all in apocrypha that were already in circulation during his time, and some plagiarized biblical stories and characters.

So u want to use the words of a man who thought he was demon possessed as criterion to disprove the Lordship and Sonship of our Lord Jesus Christ
You must be a joker ?

JUST LOOK AT YOUR HYPOCRISY HERE !

SO U BELIEVED THIS JARGONS YOU COPIED WITHOUT QUESTIONING BUT CANNOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE THE BOOK YOUR ALLAHH ASKED HIS PROPHET TO CONSULT IF HE HAS ANY DOUBT

U SEE WHY I REFUSED TO ANSWER YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE?

CAUSE I KNEW IT WOULD BE SAME SAME OLD STORY, LOGIC AND PATTERN.

pls, u may not bother to quote me if it,s this same boring old logic of yours is all that u have to offer. Except if u have any tangible evidences to show that the "holy bible" does not support the claim that Jesus is God's Son, or concrete scholarly and historical evidences ( which i know may not exist anywhere )to buttress your points. As for that your Quran , forget about it !
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Thank you for your encouraging words.

You forgot to tell us when he put the Torah and other Christian books in front and started re-editing for his selfish gain.

And also when he was communing with the Demons who anointed him a "Prophet"

All these you should have mentioned to make your writeup explicit.

Always be factual.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
true2god:
Bro so much of inconsistencies in allahh's Quran. My favorite quranic verse is Quran 33:53:

O Ye who believe! Enter not the dwellings of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless permission be granted you. But if ye are invited, enter, and, when your meal is ended, then disperse. Linger not for conversation. Lo! that would cause annoyance to the Prophet, and he would be shy of (asking) you (to go); but Allah is not shy of the truth. And when ye ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not for you to cause annoyance to the messenger of Allah, nor that ye should ever marry his wives after him. Lo! that in Allah's sight would be an enormity.

How can a God reveal such a childish instruction? If Mohammed was not comfortable with his sahabas hanging around his wives and concubines, why didn't he just tell them straightforward without dragging his imaginary allahh into it.

No be only that place alone Muhammad attributed his selfish intention to Allah.

Another story is that he went to the house of his adopted son , he didn't meet him but met the wife who was bathing. Mohammed later called his son and told him Allah said the woman in his house belongs to the Prophet, and who is the Prophet? Muhammed!

That is called Ojukokoro in Yoruba.

How would a true God tell you to snatch someone else's wife talk less you own son's.

Evil trick by evil prophet directed by an Evil god.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
tamethem:

No be only that place alone Muhammad attributed his selfish intention to Allah.

Another story is that he went to the house of his adopted son , he didn't meet him but met the wife who was bathing. Mohammed later called his son and told him Allah said the woman in his house belongs to the Prophet, and who is the Prophet? Muhammed!

That is called Ojukokoro in Yoruba.

How would a true God tell you to snatch someone else's wife talk less you own son's.

Evil trick by evil prophet directed by an Evil god.

am still trying to figure it out till today bro
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

It is clear that you are using another one of Islam's "ingenious" ways to wriggle out of arguments.

If the oldest extant history of Mohamed’s life is questioned by you guys, then on what basis do you have to think later documents should be accepted as more reliable?

Are you aware that Sunan Abu Dawud ALSO narrated the killing of the poetess - Asma? Is this hadith now no more "authentic" because of this portrayal of Mohamed as a cold blooded murderer?

I repeat; that Islam has contradictory position on virtually everything is VERY CLEAR to you Moslems.

Islam has been divided right from virtually after Mohamed as to what Mohamed said or didn't say or what he do or didn't do.

Efforts to clear the mist has led subsequent Moslem generations to come up with all kinds of verification systems. The isnad is one of them.

The koran has very little narrative material about Mohamed's life, yet the Moslem is supposed to see him as an example to be followed. This then leaves people like you with the only option of resorting to the biographies and hadiths on Mohamed.

But in these you meet a brick wall. Unpallatable stories about this "example" for all mankind show up. How to deal with these now becomes the issue: do you throw away the entire writings? Or what?

Then comes the usual Islam's "ingenious" way of coming up with "solutions". The "isnad" is "invented". It is dubbed "scientific". Problem solved, at least for some.

Others who are not completely convinced or cannot truthfully live with these CONTRADICTIONS but still "feel" Islam is the way, resort to being "KORAN ONLY" Moslems.

A conclusion we can ULTIMATELY come to then is that the Koran, believed by every Moslem to be pure revelation, can only be proved and justified as pure revelation, by using the human systems.

Does Chains of Transmitters Guarantee Truth?
Certainly chains of narrators are useful but they are only one aspect of history.

If we get an unbroken line of transmitters of a lie or a distortion, does that TURN the narration into the truth? Does the mere fact of an unbroken chain of transmitters make a document valid or reliable? Are the biases of the transmitters irrelevant? The plain answer to all these questions is an unequivocal "NO!"

At the end of the day it's not just an "unbroken chain" that the Moslem has to resolve. He has to battle with perhaps dozens of other "requirements" as to the reliability of the transmitters and the mode of transmission.
it is quite easy to spot your motives. Bro, it will not work. It is over 1400years now and Islam is still winning. You can say whatever you want. You simply trying to say that "since Muhammad killed innocent people I would stop believing in him". If that's your mission, I swear you are wasting your time. I am telling this right now. I understand history is very important. And yes, chain of transmission doesn't always guarantee authenticity of a report. When it comes to history or written docs, if something is not removed something has gotta be added because it is not REVEALATION. Only Quran has absolute authority in Islam and Qur'an did not give order to our prophet to kill someone just for being criticized. We have seen many handsome characters of the prophet (saw) in many ahadith how he treated his antagonists.

However, when it comes to war, there is no room for nonsense but rules of engagement prevail. If incident of Asma etc ever happened at all, it was definitely act of treasonous or wickedness on their part which perhaps posed these to the Muslim community at that time. This kind of thing exist today. Take the case of Pakistani woman, Affia Siddiqui for example who was jailed by US for posing a threat to it's army. She was arrested and now serving life behind bars. Similarly this is what happened t in the case of Asma and others. They were Jews, the killers of your God. The only reason that make me consider your case is because we seen traces of these Jewish activities on several attempts to kill our prophet (saw), and one of them finally succeeded in planning poison in his food. Possibilities exist that they posed threats to muslims which resulted to them being killed just as the case of Banu Qurayza tribe. Now, read the attachment. Here is one example of their activities probably left out by Ibn Ishaq etc.

Emp.iree, one big question you've FAILED to answer is this: Are all these other CONTRIBUTORS to Islam "inspired" by Allah or not?
Was Ibn Ishaq inspired by Allah?. Who certified accuracy of his report?.

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2018

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
plainbibletruth:

]
The more I read the story the more it sounds bogus. I'm just wondering why Christians are the ones vocal about this fake stories?. Jews don't even worry much about it unlike you. This shows that you guys have ulterior motives. We muslims are under no obligation to believe the bogus stories narrated by Ibn Ishaq and subsequently narrated in Abi Daud and ibn Saad

Here are further arguments to consider.

https://books.google.com/books?id=qUZZDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT103&lpg=PT103&dq=sunan+abu+dawud:+the+killing+of+poetess&source=bl&ots=kYdXX5oHgq&sig=73WS-vIG7YT37REqd4ncacnnuKw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_pYzsk73dAhWBg-AKHSbZDKcQ6AEwAXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=sunan%20abu%20dawud%3A%20the%20killing%20of%20poetess&f=false

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? / Mr Chris Oyakhilome And Anita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.