Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM (16525 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / If Christians MUST Pay Tithes, Who Does Adeboye Pay His Tithes To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2018
true2god:
I just like you Muslims because you will never fail to disappoint. I will quote the ayah you quoted one-by-one to show you how intellectually corrupt you are:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
(21:25) And We sent not before you any messenger except that We revealed to him that, “There is no deity except Me, so worship Me.”

The above is how sahih international translation puts it so simple. The ayah (though I don't even belief in the nonsense Quran) simply quoted an allahh telling Mohammed that we already send messengers before you with the same message that 'there is no any deity excerpt me (allahh). So what's so difficult for you to understand in this short sentence? How does this relate to the shahada?

The second ayah you quoted (Quran 48:29):

Sahih International : Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

The above ayah asked Muslims to be wicked to unbelivers but merciful to themselves. I didn't see any shahada there unless you want to tell that anytime I see the words 'Mohammed', 'allahh' and 'messenger' in the same sentence I must accept it as the shahada.

The shahada that every Muslim proclaim is: 'there is no god except allahh and Mohammed is his messenger'. I was expecting you to show me where we can find this exact statement in the Quran as an article of faith but you were wobbling here and there and throwing verses. Just show me the ayah that said I must recite the shahada (or where the shahada is expressly written) and I will become a Muslim.

Asalama lekum!

Thank you true2god

Moslems are quick to say "Show us EXACTLY where Jesus said. ... ...." Now let empiree show us exactly where the SHAHADA is in the koran.

Let him tell us if a person can be a Moslem today by believing in Allah ALONE without believing also in Mohamed.

Quoting half verses to try to prove point is simply DECEIT. This has been used by Moslems to blind millions to the true Islam.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by enilove(m): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
You're truly becoming insane now. Ghosh, i thought you were very intelligent?. You mean to tell me God cannot preserve physical body of human?. You have never been to museums?. You have never witnessed human body exhumed decades after burial and still intact?. Bro, you are very ridiculous. Pharaoh's body was discovered around 1881 through early 1890s thousands of years after he drowned.

His soul is kept with Allah to either enjoy or punished. The body is made as a sign of Allah for the people who live like him.

The Egyptians had been been embalming their corpses before the death of Pharaoh and even after him. This was not the work of Allah .

There is a clear difference between the word SAVE and PRESERVATION .

I would not have replied you in anyway especially when you have stated to CURSE because of mere argument.

I don't curse people because God makes me to know that it is not wise :

Psalm 109:17-18 KJV
As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
[18] As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

This means that curse of insanity is not mine . You need to go and pray so that God can cancel that curse from your head.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2018
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

Thank you true2god

Moslems are quick to say "Show us EXACTLY where Jesus said. ... ...." Now let empiree show us exactly where the SHAHADA is in the koran.

Let him tell us if a person can be a Moslem today by believing in Allah ALONE without believing also in Mohamed.

Quoting half verses to try to prove point is simply DECEIT. This has been used by Moslems to blind millions to the true Islam.
That's Islamic hypocrisy; always misquoting their own Koran to drive home a point. No dignity, no shame! He cannot show where we have the shahada in the Quran because it never existed. This what they call 'bida' or innovative in Islam. Mohammed never asked anyone to say the shahada before accepting islam. What early Muslims did was paying verbal allegiance to Mohammed's leadership authority among the Muslim ummah.

The shahada was introduced into Islam years after the death of Mohammed, probably by one of the khalifa.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2018
true2god:
That's Islamic hypocrisy; always misquoting their own Koran to drive home a point. No dignity, no shame! He cannot show where we have the shahada in the Quran because it never existed. This what they call 'bida' or innovative in Islam. Mohammed never asked anyone to say the shahada before accepting islam. What early Muslims did was paying verbal allegiance to Mohammed's leadership authority among the Muslim ummah.

The shahada was introduced into Islam years after the death of Mohammed, probably by one of the khalifa.
what is the meaning Shahada?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2018
enilove:

The Egyptians had been been embalming their corpses before the death of Pharaoh and even after him. This was not the work of Allah .

There is a clear difference between the word SAVE and PRESERVATION .

I would not have replied you in anyway especially when you have stated to CURSE because of mere argument.

I don't curse people because God makes me to know that it is not wise :

Psalm 109:17-18 KJV
As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
[18] As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

This means that curse of insanity is not mine . You need to go and pray so that God can cancel that curse from your head.

I wanna know what exactly your problem is?. Is it that you have problem with choice of word used by the translator?. Even if "SAVE" was used we understood it in that context. Here is another translation from another translator , Sheikh Abu Ala Madudi(attachment). He used "PRESERVED" which is more appropriate.

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2018
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

Thank you true2god

what is shahada?. Shahada is clearly written and pronunced several places in the Qur'an. Also testimony of prophethood of Muhammad is written clearly in the Qur'an. What is the meaning of shahada?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:39am On Sep 06, 2018
true2god:
I
The ayah (though I don't even belief in the nonsense Quran)
Asalama lekum!
So what's the point of wasting my time if you don't believe in Quran you quoted?. And why did you skip the first syah I quoted Sura Imran verse 18?. Why are you deceitful?

Again, what is shahada?

Walaikum Salam
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
what is the meaning Shahada?
You can easily get the meaning by typing 'shahada' on google page and you will get the answer.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
what is shahada?. Shahada is clearly written and pronunced several places in the Qur'an. Also testimony of prophethood of Muhammad is written clearly in the Qur'an. What is the meaning of shahada?
Can you show me where shahada is CLEARLY written and pronounced, without ambiguity, in the Qur'an?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:

Do you believe in Allah ALONE to be a Moslem or must you believe in Mohamed also before you can be a Moslem?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Do you believe in Allah ALONE to be a Moslem or must you believe in Mohamed also before you can be a Moslem?
Question is, do you believe in Allah?. If you can answer this them I will answer your question.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
true2god:
Can you show me where shahada is CLEARLY written and pronounced, without ambiguity, in the Qur'an?
You didn't answer my question. What is Shahada?

true2god:
You can easily get the meaning by typing 'shahada' on google page and you will get the answer.
since you chose not to answer which is very deceitful of you, I see no reason to waste time here.

Shahada is TESTIMONY

Testimony to what?. To Oneness Of God.

Oneness Of God is Laa ilaha ila Allah
(There is no deities besides Allah)

We can find this all over Quran.

The second part is TESTIMONY to the messangership of Muhammad. Allah affirms prophet Muhammad is His messanger.

"... the (true) believers are those only who believe in Allah and His messenger and afterward doubt not, but strive with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah. Such are the sincere." Al-Qur'an 49:15

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah Q48:29

When the hypocrites come to you [Prophet], they say, ‘We bear witness that you are the Messenger of God Q63:1

So keep deceiving yourself
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
You didn't answer my question. What is Shahada?

since you chose not to answer which is very deceitful of you, I see no reason to waste time here.

Shahada is TESTIMONY

Testimony to what?. To Oneness Of God.

Oneness Of God is Last ilaha ila Allah
(There is no deities besides Allah)

We can find this all over Quran.

The second part is TESTIMONY to the messangership of Muhammad. Allah affirms prophet Muhammad is His messanger.

"... the (true) believers are those only who believe in Allah and His messenger and afterward doubt not, but strive with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah. Such are the sincere." Al-Qur'an 49:15

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah Q48:29

When the hypocrites come to you [Prophet], they say, ‘We bear witness that you are the Messenger of God Q63:1

So keep deceiving yourself

OK na, since you have consistently failed to provide where Muslims were asked to recite the shahada, before accepting Islam, I will assist you.

There is no proclamation or testimony of faith in the Qur'an; the shahada is in the hadith. Below is where Muslim ummah formed the modern day shahada:

sahih Bukhari 4:52:196;
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)"

Mohammed's idea of shahada reads: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah' (full stop!). No more no less; any addition is innovation. If you read though the above instruction by Mohammed, it was followed with a treat of war if anyone failed to comply. What does that tell you, a religion of peace?

You like quoting the first sentence of Quran 48:29, which is quit disingenuous of you. You knowingly and deliberately left out the clause 'those who believe in him (Mohammed) are merciful to themselves but ruthless against unbelievers'.

So much for the religion of peace.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
true2god:
OK na, since you have consistently failed to provide where Muslims were asked to recite the shahada, before accepting Islam, I will assist you.

There is no proclamation or testimony of faith in the Qur'an; the shahada is in the hadith. Below is where Muslim ummah formed the modern day shahada:

You like quoting the first sentence of Quran 48:29, which is quit disingenuous of you. You knowingly and deliberately left out the clause 'those who believe in him (Mohammed) are merciful to themselves but ruthless against unbelievers'.

So much for the religion of peace.
this is what you asked for

true2god:

Can you show me the ayah you have the shahada in the quran?

If you show me the shahada in the Qur'an I will become a Muslim now.
And you are shown. Shahada is simply testimony of oneones of God and I showed you. Shahad is testimony of messengership of Muhammad(saw) and I showed you.

Listen, you are not ignorant of islam unlike some non-muslims who may be excused and admitted to paradise. But truth is glaring at your face but you stubbornly cling on to falsehood.

There are bunch of places in the Quran where La ilaha ila Allah is mentioned but you said it is not there. Now you switched your question to "where Allah said we should give testimony of faith". Dont you think you are playing yourself?. Listen, you are not playing God with your monkey trick
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
Empiree:
Question is, do you believe in Allah?. If you can answer this them I will answer your question.
I believe Allah is a god.
Now, answer my questions like you said you would.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
plainbibletruth:

I believe Allah is a god.
Now, answer my questions like you said you would.
okay, say la ilaha ila Allah. Can you?

Also it is God not god
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
okay, say la ilaha ila Allah. Can you?
Also it is God not god

So, The word "god" in Arabic is different from "Allah"?

That means "Allah" is the personal name of Mohamed's and Arabian god; doesn't it?

There is a word for "god" or "God" in the Arabic!
And, that word is not Allah! RIGHT?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2018
plainbibletruth:

So, The word "god" in Arabic is different from "Allah"?

That means "Allah" is the personal name of Mohamed's and Arabian god; doesn't it?

There is a word for "god" or "God" in the Arabic!
And, that word is not Allah! RIGHT?
stop wasting your time. Say what I asked you to say, La ilaha ila Allah, if truly you believe in Allah, simple.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
stop wasting your time. Say what I asked you to say, La ilaha ila Allah, if truly you believe in Allah, simple.
Even when you have not CLEARLY told me who this Allah is?

Even when you have not clarified if there is a word for "god" or "God" in the Arabic apart from the name Allah?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2018
plainbibletruth:

Even when you have not CLEARLY told me who this Allah is?

Even when you have not clarified if there is a word for "god" or "God" in the Arabic apart from the name Allah?
Allah means God. So, now say "There is no deities worthy of worship except God ", say it
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Empiree:
Allah means God. So, now say "There is no deities worthy of worship except God ", say it
The name Allah was in existence long before Islam. That is evidenced from the name Abdullah (meaning servant of Allah) - the name of Mohamed's father. The question is this: To whom was this
name originally revealed?

That it is Arabic is not in question.

Mohamed wanted to unite the Arab race under a theocratic setting, but there was no way he could carry along all those 360 idols, so Mohamed decided to pick from among the idols of his clan. Naturally he picked Allah, the idol for which his father was named. Any of the idols would have served;

Mohamed could just as easily have picked Manaf, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, or any of the others; and his choice didn't win the support of everyone, including his uncle, Abdul Manaf. That is clear from the fact that Abdul didn't submit to Allah and Islam until his death. He held on to Manaf

In the shahada Mohamed was calling on people to reject all other gods but the one named Allah.

So, Allah was not a "new" god that Mohamed was presenting to his people and others.

Therefore, was the Koranic concept of Allah a continuation of the pre-Islamic one, or did the former represent a complete break with the latter? Were there some essential-not accidental-ties between the two concepts signified by one and the same name? Or was it a simple matter of a common word used for two different objects?

In the mind of moslems, anything (negative or positive) done to further the cause of Islam is justifiable, so your asking me to say your creed feels okay by you. The issue however is honesty and not deception or triviality.

A religion where INTEGRITY means nothing is not worth its salt.

Let's seek the truth of this matter.
“It is better to be divided by truth than united in error.”

Is Allah Yahweh? Is Allah Jehovah?

Does Allah save from sin?

Is Allah the Father of the Son - Jesus Christ?

Your honest answers please!

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:23 NIV)

2 Likes

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
You mean to tell me you typed this trash just because you can not say La ilaha ila Allah grin grin Even arab christians used Allah in their daily activities. You are the jokest man of the century
plainbibletruth:

The name Allah was in existence long before Islam. That is evidenced from the name Abdullah (meaning servant of Allah) - the name of Mohamed's father. The question is this: To whom was this
name originally revealed?

That it is Arabic is not in question.

Mohamed wanted to unite the Arab race under a theocratic setting, but there was no way he could carry along all those 360 idols, so Mohamed decided to pick from among the idols of his clan. Naturally he picked Allah, the idol for which his father was named. Any of the idols would have served;

Mohamed could just as easily have picked Manaf, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, or any of the others; and his choice didn't win the support of everyone, including his uncle, Abdul Manaf. That is clear from the fact that Abdul didn't submit to Allah and Islam until his death. He held on to Manaf

In the shahada Mohamed was calling on people to reject all other God's but the one named Allah.

So, Allah was not a "new" god that Mohamed was presenting to his people and others.

Therefore, was the Koranic concept of Allah a continuation of the pre-Islamic one, or did the former represent a complete break with the latter? Were there some essential-not accidental-ties between the two concepts signified by one and the same name? Or was it a simple matter of a common word used for two different objects?

In the mind of moslems, anything (negative or positive) done to further the cause of Islam is justifiable, so your asking me to say your creed feels okay by you. The issue however is honesty and not deception or triviality.

A religion where INTEGRITY means nothing is not worth its salt.

Let's seek the truth of this matter.
“It is better to be divided by truth than united in error.”

Is Allah Yahweh? Is Allah Jehovah?

Does Allah save from sin?

Is Allah the Father of the Son - Jesus Christ?

Your honest answers please!

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." (1 John 2:23 NIV)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You are incredible. I have nothing to explain cuz we will be here till eternal. You understood perfectly well what you are doing. I dont live on NL. I have pretty much important things to take care of
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by plainbibletruth: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2018
Empiree:
You mean to tell me you typed this trash just because you can not say La ilaha ila Allah Even arab christians used Allah in their daily activities. You are the jokest man of the century You are incredible. I have nothing to explain cuz we will be here till eternal. You understood perfectly well what you are doing. I dont live on NL. I have pretty much important things to take care of
It unfortunate!

It's either that you don't know Allah well enough to talk about him and answer questions regarding him or you're afraid.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment." 1 John 4: 18

"... God is love." 1 John 4: 8
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2018
plainbibletruth:

It unfortunate!

It's either that you don't know Allah well enough to talk about him and answer questions regarding him or you're afraid.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment." 1 John 4: 18

"... God is love." 1 John 4: 8
See this one who can't tell us is whether Jesus is human it Good, and he wants to lecture me on Islam?.

There are many ridiculous people in this world, you know?. I know your mind isn't settled anymore since I scrutinized your believe system. The only thing you have more is to stubbornly cling on to falsehood. This is just sad.

I have absolutely nothing else to explain to you because I know you know what you are doing.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Empiree:
this is what you asked for

And you are shown. Shahada is simply testimony of oneones of God and I showed you. Shahad is testimony of messengership of Muhammad(saw) and I showed you.

Listen, you are not ignorant of islam unlike some non-muslims who may be excused and admitted to paradise. But truth is glaring at your face but you stubbornly cling on to falsehood.

There are bunch of places in the Quran where La ilaha ila Allah is mentioned but you said it is not there. Now you switched your question to "where Allah said we should give testimony of faith". Dont you think you are playing yourself?. Listen, you are not playing God with your monkey trick
There is no shahada, Islamic testimony of faith in the Qur'an. There is no place the Quran asked Muslims to recite the shahada before they become a Muslim. See what sahih Muslim hadith number 33 says:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

The hadith came up with this article of faith which Muslims were to swear before they can become Muslims. The shahada itself, aside creating partner with allahh with the person of Mohammed (the Qur'an is filled with the phrase 'allahh and his messenger'), is also a false testimony by anyone testifying the creed now.

The shahada itself started with the phrase 'I bear witness'. What are you making a testimony about or bearing witness for? There is no god but allahh and Mohammed is his messenger. The questions arise:

Do you bear witness, testimony, for someone you never met physically? If you are taken to a court of law, on what ground will you bear witness for a person you never saw or knew physically? The shahada is a bad religious creed because no Muslim, after the death of Mohammed, saw him to bear any witness of his prophethood.

The shahada, though a bad religious creed, was meant for his sahabas who knew and saw him, during his lifetime, as a way of paying allegiance to his leadership and also a way to recognizing his leadership authority, as the first leader of the Muslim ummah.

Muslims, who never knew or saw Muslim, yet bearing witness to his prophethood is a sign of religious and legal ignorance. If you know the genesis of the shahada, you will understand that it is a wartime creed that all Muslims are meant to recite in the presence of Mohammed, especially after the conquest of mecca. Once a person does that, his life and property are safe from destruction in the hand of Mohammed's Muslim army (according to the hadith of Bukhari and Muslim).

Let him give you a local scenario you can relate with. In 1967, when the Nigerian soldiers invaded Asaba, all the local indigenes where asked to repeat the words: ONE NIGERIA. To them, that is the shahada they have to say so that their lives and properties will be save in the hands of the Nigerian army.

At peace time and after the death of Mohammed, shahada is pure nonsense, because it was no longer relevant. You use the genesis of a scenario know the reason a particular instruction was given at a particular time. The shahada is a wartime Islamic creed bro!

Asalama lekum!
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by OLUWABIG(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2018
Empiree:
See this one who can't tell us is whether Jesus is human it Good, and he wants to lecture me on Islam?.

There are many ridiculous people in this world, you know?. I know your mind isn't settled anymore since I scrutinized your believe system. The only thing you have more is to stubbornly cling on to falsehood. This is just sad.

I have absolutely nothing else to explain to you because I know you know what you are doing.

@ plainbibletruth you don't even need to struggle with them we all know that Islam is a failed Catholic experiment
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
true2god:
There is no shahada, Islamic testimony of faith in the Qur'an. There is no place the Quran asked Muslims to recite the shahada before they become a Muslim. See what sahih Muslim hadith number 33 says:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

The hadith came up with this article of faith which Muslims were to swear before they can become Muslims. The shahada itself, aside creating partner with allahh with the person of Mohammed (the Qur'an is filled with the phrase 'allahh and his messenger'), is also a false testimony by anyone testifying the creed now.

The shahada itself started with the phrase 'I bear witness'. What are you making a testimony about or bearing witness for? There is no god but allahh and Mohammed is his messenger. The questions arise:

Do you bear witness, testimony, for someone you never met physically? If you are taken to a court of law, on what ground will you bear witness for a person you never saw or knew physically? The shahada is a bad religious creed because no Muslim, after the death of Mohammed, saw him to bear any witness of his prophethood.

The shahada, though a bad religious creed, was meant for his sahabas who knew and saw him, during his lifetime, as a way of paying allegiance to his leadership and also a way to recognizing his leadership authority, as the first leader of the Muslim ummah.

Muslims, who never knew or saw Muslim, yet bearing witness to his prophethood is a sign of religious and legal ignorance. If you know the genesis of the shahada, you will understand that it is a wartime creed that all Muslims are meant to recite in the presence of Mohammed, especially after the conquest of mecca. Once a person does that, his life and property are safe from destruction in the hand of Mohammed's Muslim army (according to the hadith of Bukhari and Muslim).

Let him give you a local scenario you can relate with. In 1967, when the Nigerian soldiers invaded Asaba, all the local indigenes where asked to repeat the words: ONE NIGERIA. To them, that is the shahada they have to say so that their lives and properties will be save in the hands of the Nigerian army.

At peace time and after the death of Mohammed, shahada is pure nonsense, because it was no longer relevant. You use the genesis of a scenario know the reason a particular instruction was given at a particular time. The shahada is a wartime Islamic creed bro!

Asalama lekum!
rubbish. But thank God you said shahada is a form of allegiance. We say shahada everyday in salat which means we constantly renew our faith. It is the same if you are a naturalized US citizen, you must declare your allegiance else, you are not a citizen. It is rubbish you said that shahada only valid for sahaba. Now sahaba have gone but Quran is still present. You think you know?. You know nothing

When we call for adhan in masjid everyday, we return our shahada. So I wonder why Christians also baptise new converts. What you don't know you don't know. Stop acting as if you know Islam.

God's Magnificent RESPECT for His prophet Muhammad{saw}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404TmGSzFhs
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Empiree:
rubbish. But thank God you said shahada is a form of allegiance. We say shahada everyday in salat which means we constantly renew our faith. It is the same if you are a naturalized US citizen, you must declare your allegiance else, you are not a citizen. It is rubbish you said that shahada only valid for sahaba. Now sahaba have gone but Quran is still present. You think you know?. You know nothing

When we call for adhan in masjid everyday, we return our shahada. So I wonder why Christians also baptise new converts. What you don't know you don't know. Stop acting as if you know Islam.

God's Magnificent RESPECT for His prophet Muhammad{saw}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404TmGSzFhs
You seems to lack a simple comprehension skill; read the hadith again:

This is where Muslims get the idea of shahada from. You also failed to mention the consequence of failing to recite the shahada: 'there blood and property are not guaranteed'. Whose life and property are not guaranteed? The non-muslims.

It remains a mystery that you deliberately failed to understand that the shahada itself is a wartime proclamation, imposed on non-muslims by Mohammed and his sahabas. If you say the shahada while doing your dally salat that does not nullify its origin. The fact remains shahada is a statement of allegiance to Mohammed the consequence of disobedience which is death.

You compare the shahada with the US' oath of citizenship for naturalized citizens, this is height of Islamic evil. Why making a moral equivalence of unrelated scenario? The first, which is shahada, is to be recited or else your blood and property is not secured under the blood thirsty Muslims while the US oath of citizen has no life consequence. Read the hadith again and don't pretend it is not there.

Baptism was expressly commanded by Jesus for all Christian, without the condition that your blood and property are not safe, why make an unrelated moral equivalence?
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
true2god:
You seems to lack a simple comprehension skill; read the hadith again:

This is where Muslims get the idea of shahada from. You also failed to mention the consequence of failing to recite the shahada: 'there blood and property are not guaranteed'. Whose life and property are not guaranteed? The non-muslims.

It remains a mystery that you deliberately failed to understand that the shahada itself is a wartime proclamation, imposed on non-muslims by Mohammed and his sahabas. If you say the shahada while doing your dally salat that does not nullify its origin. The fact remains shahada is a statement of allegiance to Mohammed the consequence of disobedience which is death.

You compare the shahada with the US' oath of citizenship for naturalized citizens, this is height of Islamic evil. Why making a moral equivalence of unrelated scenario? The first, which is shahada, is to be recited or else your blood and property is not secured under the blood thirsty Muslims while the US oath of citizen has no life consequence. Read the hadith again and don't pretend it is not there.

Baptism was expressly commanded by Jesus for all Christian, without the condition that your blood and property are not safe, why make an unrelated moral equivalence?
You know why i am not taking your seriously?. bcus you have mind of your own. You are quoting me different contexts entirely but before, you quoted Abu Huraira(ra) that, it is there we got our shahada now you brought entirely another context to buttress your claim and you think i will take you serious? There are bunch of shahada or testimonies mentioned throughout Quran. Sura Imran 18 is a command. You are not my teacher and there is no need for a baby born in muslim or non-muslim homes to make the declaration. He/she is already upon Islam at birth.

Importance Of Declaration Of Faith: It just like you invite people to your wedding. In order to do so you print invitation cards to create awareness. You call pastor to bless your union etc. Why don't you and your fiance simply make wedding wow btw you two only?. The reason you proclaim your wedding is basically for the public to know for various reasons so that the world know who marries who in case either party cheats behind one another's back or major life event changes like death, birth, family ties etc

Similarly in Islam, a non-muslim who is convinced that islam is the truth, it is essentially necessary to publicly affirm his faith in the presence of at least two people. And ofcourse, it is not all mandatory to do so especially if you live in isolated area. The same reason you proclaim your wedding is the same reason you proclaim your shahada so that if muslims see you go to church to worship, or synagogue or elsewhere, so we may question your declaration of faith to begin with.

Again, faith is essentially inside the heart, and God alone is Sufficient but if God knows, let men also know in case we see you go to other houses of worship without muslim presence. Another reason it is very important to declare your faith is because of death which could strike anytime. Muslims are advised to go their county municipal office to clearly state on the Will that they are muslim and in case they pass away, the city will call on muslim community to prepare your burial. Otherwise, the city (which perhaps may be majority non-muslims) will bury you as they wish or according to their religion. So you need to declare your shahada and make it clear on your Will that you are a muslim and want to be buried according to islamic rites.

This has caused confusion in the US at some point where a muslim convert, a son, passed away but he had no will prepared. His family is christian so his mother insisted her son be buried according to christian way. Muslim know too well the guy was muslim and was well known. But Will is a legal document, it is what the city goes by. Muslims were ready to take his body for burial when his mother came and city released the body to his mother. Weeks and months after burial, muslims continued to pressure his family and informed the mother the importance of burying her son islamically and she accepted. The body was exhumed and islamic burial was performed. This is why shahada to God (which is internal) is btw you and God. It is important to let the muslim community know which is what gave birth to public declaration. And it is even more important to let the city you live have the record your of faith, which means you declare your shahada to them too.

And finally, why is this your concern baffles me. After all, muslims declare their faith in islam every single say inwardly and outwardly when we call to adhan and when we pray. So is this your problem?. And Jesus did not order or command baptism. The verse many of you use (John 3:3-7), if this is your evidence, then, Quran also has various speeches like this when it emphasizes Faith in Oneness of God many times.

"Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)." {16:97}

And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqira (speck on the back of a date­stone), will be done to them. {4:124}

You are not my teacher

Salam alaikum

2 Likes

Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by true2god: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2018
Empiree:
You know why i am not taking your seriously?. bcus you have mind of your own. You are quoting me different contexts entirely but before, you quoted Abu Huraira(ra) that, it is there we got our shahada now you brought entirely another context to buttress your claim and you think i will take you serious? There are bunch of shahada or testimonies mentioned throughout Quran. Sura Imran 18 is a command. You are not my teacher and there is no need for a baby born in muslim or non-muslim homes to make the declaration. He/she is already upon Islam at birth.

Importance Of Declaration Of Faith: It just like you invite people to your wedding. In order to do so you print invitation cards to create awareness. You call pastor to bless your union etc. Why don't you and your fiance simply make wedding wow btw you two only?. The reason you proclaim your wedding is basically for the public to know for various reasons so that the world know who marry who in case either party cheats behind one another's back or major life event changes like death, birth, family ties etc

Similarly in Islam, a non-muslim who is convinced that islam is the truth, it is essentially necessary to publicly affirm his faith in the presence of at least two people. And ofcourse, it is not all mandatory to do so especially if you live in isolated area. The same reason you proclaim your wedding is the same reason you proclaim your shahada so that if muslims see you go to church to worship, or synagogue or elsewhere, so we may question your declaration of faith to begin with.

Again, faith is essentially inside the heart, and God alone is Sufficient but if God knows, let men also know in case we see you go to other houses of worship without muslim presence. Another reason it is very important to declare your faith is because of death which could strike anytime. Muslims are advised to go their county municipal office to clearly state on the Will that they are muslim and in case they pass away, the city will call on muslim community to prepare your burial. Otherwise, the city (which perhaps may be majority non-muslims) will bury you as they wish or according to their religion. So you need to declare your shahada and make it clear on your Will that you are a muslim and want to be buried according to islamic rites.

This has caused confusion in the US at some point where a muslim convert, a son, passed away but he had no will prepared. His family is christian so his mother insisted her son be buried according to christian way. Muslim know too well the guy was muslim and was well known. But Will is a legal document, it is what the city goes by. Muslims were ready to take his body for burial when his mother came and city released the body to his mother. Weeks and months after burial, muslims continued to pressure his family and informed the mother the importance of burying her son islamically and she accepted. The body was exhumed and islamic burial was performed. This is why shahada to God (which is internal) is btw you and God. It is important to let the muslim community know which is what gave birth to public declaration. And it is even more important to let the city you live have the record your of faith, which means you declare your shahada to them too.

And finally, why is this your concern baffles me. After all, muslims declare their faith in islam every single say inwardly and outwardly when we call to adhan and when we pray. So is this your problem?. And Jesus did not order or command baptism. The verse many of you use (John 3:3-7), if this is your evidence, then, Quran also has various speeches like this when it emphasizes Faith in Oneness of God many times.

"Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)." {16:97}

And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqira (speck on the back of a date­stone), will be done to them. {4:124}

You are not my teacher

Salam alaikum
Can your please explain the caveat in the hadith narrations below:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the
messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

What surprises most in this discussion how you intentionally and deliberately ignore the clause below:

.'...and if they do it (shahada and zakat), their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah'.

Can you please shed more light on this clause? Don't pretend as if you can't see it again.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Empiree: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Listen, im not gonna engage you in any complex arguments to try to convince you Islamically when I know for a fact that you aren't here to reason with anything I have to say. I'm just gonna use similar comparison like I did with usermsne. Now read on below.
true2god:
Can your please explain the caveat in the hadith narrations below:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the
messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

What surprises most in this discussion how you intentionally and deliberately ignore the clause below:

.'...and if they do it (shahada and zakat), their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah'.

Can you please shed more light on this clause? Don't pretend as if you can't see it again.
You see, Western State is earthly reflection of Islamic system. That's, anytime you try to criticize Islam for something I will almost always give you similarities from our contemporary Western world that you love.

Now with respect to the above, that shahada is prerequisite for enjoying peace and harmony with Muslims, it is exact thing with (slight difference) in US for instance. If you leave in US and you speak ill of the country in a manner that doesn't constitute free speech, and you are not citizen, you put yourself at high risk of not only being denied citizenship or your citizenship application rejected but being deported as well.

For you to have guarantee protection of your life and property, if you wanna be citizen, you must make declaration of to be law abiding, to not work against the country with foreign govt, to not spy and not jeopardize the country, and to pay your tax. Sounds familiar, right?.

Therefore, if you violate any of these, you risk being called to testify before the Congress under 5th Amendment to the Constitution in which if you are found guilty or refuse to testify, you go to jail for a long time or get killed if you have indeed committed crimes mentioned above. If you are not citizen, you risk jail and deportation. Sounds familiar with what you criticize Islam for?.

I'm telling you they will put your name on hit list and kill you wherever you may be around the world. Does it sounds familiar with what you accused Islam of?. Do the math yourself.

Their system is modern reflection of the Hadith you criticized. Now the Hadith you cited is under military classification not a general rule. So Shahada (just like declaration of your allegiance to US), and zakat(just like tax in the US), are similar systems from different sides. You will be jailed if you don't file or pay your tax. Which means you violate your allegiance.

So help yourself, buddy.
Re: WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM by Mohammedekete: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2018
Somebody should please bless me with anything
UBA

God bless you as you do so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic? / Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.