Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,924 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:36 AM

Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye (18272 Views)

2023: Presidency Not For Tinubu's Type - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: Osinbajo Is The Chosen Man Of The Moment - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: SWAGA Will Save APC From Embarrassing Defeat - Senator Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2018
immhotep:

Adeyeye is a secret Biafra IPOB member.
Sai babarism has made sense to fall upon him.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss
Lolz.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nowenuse: 1:50am On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

Britain did not disintegrate o

Who told you that

Upbringing and mentality difference is not enough to scatter the country

The different states in America have different mentality
They are NOT the same

Utah na Mormon state

California na liberal/freestyle state

The deep south has more conservative people etc

Yet they are still together working it out

I believe eventually Nigeria will become a loose federation

But the old generation have to die first

That to a large extent is because of state autonomy in the US. Every state controls it rescources and makes its own independent laws over there.

State/ Regional autonomy would have made Nigeria workable to a great extent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 28, 2018
janellemonae:
And he's from my state. Let me go and read more about senator Adeyeye. I love him already.

I suspect aregbesola shares these same views. What with changing the name of the state, asking for identity cards and starting the annual SW youth conference in Osogbo.

lol... so Aregbesola is your definition of a model leader?

you not ready to be emancipated from this political robbers.

and you from my state,dats a pity.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 4:48am On Jul 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

The solution was neglected because it was the Igbos that suggested it.

When it was first ever suggested prior to independence, it was Igbos that rejected it and called the proponents unprintable names.

4 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 4:55am On Jul 28, 2018
phase1:
What he is saying is the same commonsensical principle Biafrans have preaching for decades- 'The country is not working simply seperate let everyone go home and start afresh.' No they won't.

He has made a good point, but as yorubas who are known globally to be double-faced, can they walk the talk? I don't think so.

You mean the same Biafrans who invented the "one-Nigeria" slogan, whose overall political leader was first to describe Nigeria's unity as non-negotiable and pledged to pay the ultimate price for the eternal sustenance of the British marriage...... The same Biafrans who crushed Isaac Adaka Boro's secession bid, the same Biafrans who once promulgated Anti-Secession Decree, etc?
Please be honest at least for once because you are not talking to fools and ignoramuses.

4 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ikpongiton: 5:37am On Jul 28, 2018
loveth360:
na lie
come forward with facts,because there has never been a case of blood shed between those three regions.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Emycord: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Splendid....

While SE and SS senators are there mopping like fools
he did not say it in the senate but at a lecture
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2018
Nowenuse:

That to a large extent is because of state autonomy in the US. Every state controls it rescources and makes its own independent laws over there.

Thank God someone who is thinking

With real state autonomy, many states will be better off

That is in theory sha

But if we fact it in the corruption that has eaten the system

Even state autonomy may fail undecided

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2018
Ikpongiton:
lam also opposing your point with this.will nigeria be the first country to break up ?how did soviet union shared their national asset ?

Chaotic

Many Soviet states have not recovered till date.

And besides the Soviets were communists
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2018
Loveijaw:

Oga Nigeria is not working, we need to go our separate ways..

so going your separate ways will automatically make the constituent units start working abi?

Interesting
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2018
UncleJudax:

Peaceful disintegration will be difficult. Blacks don't like themselves.

This is the same reason why Nigerians have not been able to renegotiate their oneness,,,after 100 years. In stead, you hear things like "it will never be well with Lord Lugard"

Blacks like to blame others for their woes.

Yea

black man running away from problems he can fix is always his trade Mark

That can change tho
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Loveijaw: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

so going your separate ways will automatically make the constituent units start working abi?

Interesting
you are not making any sense!
what I said is simple and we all know the Country need's to split, we all need to go home and start fresh ok??
stop begging for unity, you and your people can do it, Go Home Buddy!!

5 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by mrbaba18(m): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2018
Just like Malaysia nd Singapore Indonesia nd Bangladesh China nd Taiwan north Korea nd south Korea pls yoruba ppl wake up it is time 4 d animals in d zoo 2 break out

4 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Drekaz(m): 7:59am On Jul 28, 2018
BENARI:
It's only a foolish fool that will still continue to daydream about a United Nigeria in the near future.

Nigeria is gone. Scientifically, In fact, based on any indices, Nigeria can not survive.

I don't blame those begging for unity though. Fear of unknown is real. The reason most Nigerians fear disintegration is because they fear the outcome might leave them worse than the present.
One thing though they must come to terms with is that change is inevitable.

This centre certainly cannot hold anymore.

The real reason We spill hate online is not because we love to hate, it's just because we are getting in each other's way. We don't belong together.
I know those I can tolerate in Nigeria and I know those I can't. Separate me from the later, and you'll see we are just normal people after all.

The hate will only worsen as long we are forced to remain together.
Truth however, is the hate will surely give birth to conflict someday, and the inevitable will become reality.

Ever wondered why the Igbos are so many in the West, yet they record almost zero tribal conflict in there history together?
Ever wondered why there are far fewer Hausa fulani in the South, but hardly a year passes without ethnic killing involving them? Is all about compatibility.

We know this things yet we pretend, because at least for now, it seems more convenient to pretend.

Nigeria is just a dried tree waiting to fall.

[color=#006600][/color]
You are a true son of your good father!!

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Guestlander: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2018
Ziggylady:

Well iI dont know about SS but Senator Abaribe is being hunted and slammed with all sorts of gestapo charges by buhari/APC for aligning with Nnamdi Kanu..Its fair to say the SEs aee doing something about this disintegration tningy....no matter how little...

As for Senator Adeyeye,take him and his tribe serious concerning this disintegration brouhaha at your peril.

Senator Adeyeye and his tribe are not obligated to liberate you from your real or perceived bondage.

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by phase1: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2018
Nowenuse:

It's too late for state and regional autonomy which can still be even reversed by a coup and a decree catapulting us back to ground 1. Outright seperation is the best.
A country where development for a certain people is not interpreted with jealousy by another group of people is ideal.

Nigeria is an unworkable entity full of divergent and most times opposing interests. Why should I an Easterner have to wait for the opinion of a non-easterner or even sometime an anti-easterner before a federal scale project can be executed in the East?

Why should a Lagosian have to wait for the opinion of one unprogressive man in Sokoto or Katsina before enjoying constant power in lagos?

Why must one region have to wait for another region before development can happen. Ahmadu bello asked Awolowo to 'slow down' rate of development in the south so the north can 'catch up'. It's still the same case today, will the Arewans ever catch up? How can they can catch up when their leaders up north depend massively on poverty and illiteracy in the north to maintain power?

7 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by TheAlchemist: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2018
phase1:

It's too late for state and regional autonomy which can still be even reversed by a coup and a decree catapulting us back to ground 1. Outright seperation is the best.
A country where development for a certain people is not interpreted with jealousy by another group of people is ideal.

Nigeria is an unworkable entity full of divergent and most times opposing interests. Why should I an Easterner have to wait for the opinion of a non-easterner or even sometime an anti-easterner before a federal scale project can be executed in the East?

Why should a Lagosian have to wait for the opinion of one unprogressive man in Sokoto or Katsina before enjoying constant power in lagos?

W[b]hy must one region have to wait for another region before development can happen. Ahmadu bello asked Awolowo to 'slow down' rate of development in the south so the north can 'catch up'. It's still the same case today, will the Arewans ever catch up? How can they can catch up when their leaders up north depend massively on poverty and illiteracy in the north to maintain power?[/b]

nothing to add!!
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2018
Loveijaw:

@Patrioticooduan, Am from SS and I don't want to be in the same Country with you Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani too, I want a Country with Igbo's!
We are saying same thing. I don't South south( especially Ijaws) and Ibos and we can never be in same country. What is the essence of splitting from Nigeria if we will still end up with SE and SS? You can join the Ibos if you like - afterall you are brothers, but Yoruba will never ever in this world join una.
Oodua Republic!

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2018
poseidon12:
Right on point, Senator. Restructuring is the only thing that can keep Nigeria together and turn things around. Otherwise, Nigeria will disintegrate.
Nigerians should only vote for a President that will commit to restructuring.
We are not restructuring but splitting up
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2018
poseidon12:

If we can sit together and negotiate a true federal system or arrange a confederal system, that will be better than complete split. Such arrangement will allow the regions to develop at their own pace while leaving us with access to the largest market in Africa.
But splitting is definitely better than what we have at present.

You don't get it do you? The hate is too much. It has existed since we practised regional government. It is better we split once and for all.
No restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

Thank God someone who is thinking

With real state autonomy, many states will be better off

That is in theory sha

But if we fact it in the corruption that has eaten the system

Even state autonomy may fail undecided
The guy you quoted is from the North. Do you expect him to support Nigeria balkanization?
Ibo man why are scared of Nigeria disintegration? Is your wife from North or West? Or your parents are from different ethnic groups? These are the type of people that don't want Nigeria to split.
Whether una like am or not, Nigeria must split.

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2018
phase1:

Why must one region have to wait for another region before development can happen. Ahmadu bello asked Awolowo to 'slow down' rate of development in the south so the north can 'catch up'. It's still the same case today, will the Arewans ever catch up? How can they can catch up when their leaders up north depend massively on poverty and illiteracy in the north to maintain power?
Don't mind those ignorant ones.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by ajl: 9:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Exactly. It is high time we do that. One Nigeria should not be by force. I don't support restructuring oo. Me I want total disintegration.

By the time you all are done with your disintegration into smaller nations, then you all will realize that the problems has not go away. First solution is for Nigerians to manage their "demons". Stop bring greedy and corrupt first or else nothing good will come off the breakup.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Patrioticooduan: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2018
ajl:

By the time you all are done with your disintegration into smaller nations, then you all will realize that the problems has not go away. First solution is for Nigerians to manage their "demons". Stop bring greedy and corrupt first or else nothing good will come off the breakup.
Nigeria is the reason why we are corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by LZAA: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

When it was first ever suggested prior to independence, it was Igbos that rejected it and called the proponents unprintable names.
Dont say what u don't know
Azikiwe was the only igbo who rejected secession clause cause he wanted independence quick
Many igbo officers despised ironsi and infact ironsi was to be killed in 66 but was not at his residence
No one person can claim to speak for ndigbo
Once we take a decision u will know just like we took the decision on biafra and ipob
Oh btw there were igbos that slammed azikiwe for rejecting that clause
Cc immhotep pointzerom GmBuharii justiceleague1

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by anaton(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2018
potoX:
You guys proposed it for your selfish motives so as to grab the oil in the Niger delta

There is oil in Abia and Imo states and Anambra has the largest gas reserve in West of Africa. Chew on that!

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by olujastro: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Nowenuse:

It's not as straightforward as it sounds.
If each state controls its resources, nearly all the states in Nigeria apart from the Oil producing ones and Lagos will cease to function automatically. This means firing all the state workers in Ebonyi, Ekiti, Benue, Yobe, etc., millions of unemployed Nigerians back into the market, chaos all over the country.
Which president would want to be responsible for creating such mess under his tenure all in the name of starting afresh?
I agree that all states need to look inwards for their own resource tapping instead of waiting for FAAC. Every state has something to contribute, but unfortunately we only have lazy politicians in public offices in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by kikake: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2018
BENARI:
It's only a foolish fool that will still continue to daydream about a United Nigeria in the near future.

Nigeria is gone. Scientifically, In fact, based on any indices, Nigeria can not survive.

I don't blame those begging for unity though. Fear of unknown is real. The reason most Nigerians fear disintegration is because they fear the outcome might leave them worse than the present.
One thing though they must come to terms with is that change is inevitable.

This centre certainly cannot hold anymore.

The real reason We spill hate online is not because we love to hate, it's just because we are getting in each other's way. We don't belong together.
I know those I can tolerate in Nigeria and I know those I can't. Separate me from the later, and you'll see we are just normal people after all.

The hate will only worsen as long we are forced to remain together.
Truth however, is the hate will surely give birth to conflict someday, and the inevitable will become reality.

Ever wondered why the Igbos are so many in the West, yet they record almost zero tribal conflict in there history together?
Ever wondered why there are far fewer Hausa fulani in the South, but hardly a year passes without ethnic killing involving them? Is all about compatibility.

We know this things yet we pretend, because at least for now, it seems more convenient to pretend.

Nigeria is just a dried tree waiting to fall.

A nation of Igbo and Yoruba with others in the south must be the most progressive nation in Africa.

Let the Yoruba Muslims understand this.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

Dont say what u don't know
Azikiwe was the only igbo who rejected secession clause cause he wanted independence quick
Many igbo officers despised ironsi and infact ironsi was to be killed in 66 but was not at his residence
No one person can claim to speak for ndigbo
Once we take a decision u will know just like we took the decision on biafra and ipob
Oh btw there were igbos that slammed azikiwe for rejecting that clause
Cc immhotep pointzerom GmBuharii justiceleague1

Was Azikiwe representing himself in the Parliament where he rejected secession proposals? How many of his fellow Igbos rose in disagreement with him right there in the Parliament?
When Ironsi promulgated his offensive centripetal decrees, there were public condemnations of it from the North, West and Midwest except in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by LZAA: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Was Azikiwe representing himself in the Parliament where he rejected secession proposals? How many of his fellow Igbos rose in disagreement with him right there in the Parliament?
When Ironsi promulgated his offensive centripetal decrees, there were public condemnations of it from the North, West and Midwest except in the East.
Its funny cuz the same decree ironsi promulgated was kept and enforced by successive military govts
Military thrives on centralised authority
They are not politicians
Oh btw many igbos(including our brothers in the mid west as it was then) called ironsi's decree silly and unnecessary
There was no outcry in the east because like it or not
1.yorubas hardly travel to other regions
2.northerners did not have the necessary qualifications to take top level civil jobs
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

Its funny cuz the same decree ironsi promulgated was kept and enforced by successive military govts
Military thrives on centralised authority
They are not politicians
Oh btw many igbos(including our brothers in the mid west as it was then) called ironsi's decree silly and unnecessary
There was no outcry in the east because like it or not
1.yorubas hardly travel to other regions
2.northerners did not have the necessary qualifications to take top level civil jobs

If the assumption that the military thrives on centralized authority is a good excuse to justify Ironsi's Decrees, then why castigate the subsequent military governments for retaining Ironsi's Decrees? Or were those subsequent military governments forbidden from thriving like Ironsi's?
And why also is Gowon's administration (a military government) now being demonized for reneging on Aburi Accord which in principle was an extreme decentralization proposal?

The only Igbo/Igboid person who termed Ironsi's Decrees as silly was Nzeogwu.....in his interview with Ejindu. If Nzeogwu, a seasoned and sophisticated military officer, was of the opinion that Ironsi was silly for centralizing the authority, then it means the perception that the military only thrives in centralized authority is false.

The fact that neither Yorubas nor Northerners settle much in the East gives more credence to the fact that the silence from the East in the face of Ironsi's obnoxious decrees was entirely an Igbo thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Have No Power To Install CCTV At Abolongo Prison - Sola Fasure To Makinde / ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ / Avengers: "We Blew Exxonmobile Qua Iboe 48 Crude Oil Export Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.