Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye (18414 Views)

2023: Presidency Not For Tinubu's Type - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: Osinbajo Is The Chosen Man Of The Moment - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: SWAGA Will Save APC From Embarrassing Defeat - Senator Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Guestlander: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You mean the same Biafrans who invented the "one-Nigeria" slogan, whose overall political leader was first to describe Nigeria's unity as non-negotiable and pledged to pay the ultimate price for the eternal sustenance of the British marriage...... The same Biafrans who crushed Isaac Adaka Boro's secession bid, the same Biafrans who once promulgated Anti-Secession Decree, etc?
Please be honest at least for once because you are not talking to fools and ignoramuses.

I saw the lie as well. I just decided to ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Sprumbabafather: 11:33am On Jul 28, 2018
mrbaba18:
Just like Malaysia nd Singapore Indonesia nd Bangladesh China nd Taiwan north Korea nd south Korea pls yoruba ppl wake up it is time 4 d animals in d zoo 2 break out

word.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 11:34am On Jul 28, 2018
Guestlander:

I saw the lie as well. I just decided to ignore it.

Some of them are actually of the ondomie generation who hardly read up history hence I don't ignore their fallacies.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2018
Loveijaw:

you are not making any sense!
what I said is simple and we all know the Country need's to split, we all need to go home and start fresh ok??
stop begging for unity, you and your people can do it, Go Home Buddy!!

grin grin

who is begging for unity? ?

you guys shouting split the country has not brought to the fore what we will really gain from the split

All you guys are shouting in typical black man fashion is split split, especially that nicompoop called Nnamdi Kanu

In a civilised country like what happened during the referendum in Scotland, The main proponents of split the country, and don't split the country sparked up debates across the country

Each side brought out in clear terms the benefits that will come from each side, and the argued the disadvantages of the other side

Based on that, the country made theur choice

But what do we have in Nigeria? !
noise making

nnamdi kanu was organising carnivals and insulting others without substance

But anyways

Nigeria is not breaking so no need to even debate
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nowenuse: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
phase1:

It's too late for state and regional autonomy which can still be even reversed by a coup and a decree catapulting us back to ground 1. Outright seperation is the best.
A country where development for a certain people is not interpreted with jealousy by another group of people is ideal.

Nigeria is an unworkable entity full of divergent and most times opposing interests. Why should I an Easterner have to wait for the opinion of a non-easterner or even sometime an anti-easterner before a federal scale project can be executed in the East?

Why should a Lagosian have to wait for the opinion of one unprogressive man in Sokoto or Katsina before enjoying constant power in lagos?

Why must one region have to wait for another region before development can happen. Ahmadu bello asked Awolowo to 'slow down' rate of development in the south so the north can 'catch up'. It's still the same case today, will the Arewans ever catch up? How can they can catch up when their leaders up north depend massively on poverty and illiteracy in the north to maintain power?

Disintegration would never be an easy task. It will lead to wars. Black Africans are not yet civilized enough for a peaceful disintegration.
Even if we want to disintegrate, it would be better we go to regional autonomy for some time, then from there we could disintegrate. It would be less problematic. ...

Besides, all these our talk online will never change anything. Hausa fulanis are not interested in restructuring. Not until the entire South can unite with the middllebelt and speak with one voice, before we can force the Hausa fulanis to make any change.

Otherwise, we come here and argue daily and at the end of the day retire to our houses in our various Abuja government controlled states and wake up the next morning to argue again.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by djon78(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
FisifunKododada:
Nigeria will NEVER NEVER break up. And here is why:

EVERY NIGERIAN (because of religion) believe there they will make it eventually. They believe Allah (or Jesus) will eventually bring them to prosperity.

Of course, this is a delusion of the highest order since MOST NIGERIANS DIE IN POVERTY ANYWAY. But Religion has turned 200 million of people to spiritual zombies.

Just be deceiving yourself. There are many extremely wealthy Nigerians far richer than many westerners and Asians. Infact you will see this westerners and Asians working for this people.

The truth is that there is still huge money in this nation. But the question is what do you see. Do you know that an Indian man is the biggest producer of garri in Nigeria? He buys cassava plantations as far as south east and south south... And guess what? He is a billionaire!! Nigerias population is a very big cash cow!! Staple foods like garri, beans, rice, etc are still being imported into the country!! The demand is higher than the supply available, because of the massive population!!

I ask you again; what do you see? If you see poverty you will remain so, if you see riches you will become so. Poverty is not even lack of money!! Poverty is blocked, unseable mindset. That's the origin or foundation of poverty and our politicians understand that therefore they and their children will continue to perpetuate and aid poverty mindset in the land. They will never allow you to see the light.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by LZAA: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

If the assumption that the military thrives on centralized authority is a good excuse to justify Ironsi's Decrees, then why castigate the subsequent military governments for retaining Ironsi's Decrees? Or were those subsequent military governments forbidden from thriving like Ironsi's?
And why also is Gowon's administration (a military government) now being demonized for reneging on Aburi Accord which in principle was an extreme decentralization proposal?

The only Igbo/Igboid person who termed Ironsi's Decrees as silly was Nzeogwu.....in his interview with Ejindu. If Nzeogwu, a seasoned and sophisticated military officer, was of the opinion that Ironsi was silly for centralizing the authority, then it means the perception that the military only thrives in centralized authority is false.

The fact that neither Yorubas nor Northerners settle much in the East gives more credence to the fact that the silence from the East in the face of Ironsi's obnoxious decrees was entirely an Igbo thing.
U see what i'm saying
Unlike the yorubas northerners are in large numbers in the east
Again ejindu turned a discussion he had in the company of others with nzeogwu into an interview
And again lemme clear this up one last time
Apart from lagos (a former national capital) and ogun(proximity to lagos),igbos hardly go to other western places
The north even had more igbos
Military command is centralized,the govt being practised before ironsi will never have worked
Lemme give u an example
Wen isaac boro declared ND republic,if the eastern premier(military administrator) was symphathetic to his cause,he would simply have overruled ironsi's orders to capture him
This is akin to a colonel disobeying a General's orders
Nigeria is not,has not and will never be one
Anybody who thinks otherwise is only postponing the inevitable
The north are still stuck in the 60's wia the british told them to stay in nigeria and will reject restructing as it will stop that rubbish born to rule nonsense
As a result,the country will drift to its seperation
Cc immhotep pointzerom GmBuharii justiceleague1

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

U see what i'm saying
Again ejindu turned a discussion he had in the company of others with nzeogwu into an interview
Apart from lagos (a former national capital) and ogun(proximity to lagos),igbos hardly go to other western places
Military command is centralized,the govt being practised before ironsi will never have worked
Lemme give u an example
Wen isaac boro declared ND republic,if the eastern premier(military administrator) was symphathetic to his cause,he would simply have overruled ironsi's orders to capture him
The north are still stuck in the 60's wia the british told them to stay in nigeria and will reject restructing as it will stop that rubbish born to rule nonsense

As for the bolded, the North initially believed in Federalism and didn't want this unitary system. Those who initially wanted this current structure were Igbos represented by Azikiwe and Ironsi. Now, going by the logic in the bolded, doesn't that suggest that Igbos were guiltier of the born-to-rule philosophy?

If Ojukwu couldn't have flouted Ironsi's order as head of military junta, why did he flount Gowon's order not to declare secession? Recall Gowon too was the head of the military junta's hierarchy at that moment?

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by LZAA: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

As for the bolded, the North initially believed in Federalism and didn't want this unitary system. Those who initially wanted this current structure were Igbos represented by Azikiwe and Ironsi. Now, going by the logic in the bolded, doesn't that suggest that Igbos were guiltier of the born-to-rule philosophy?

If Ojukwu couldn't have flouted Ironsi's order as head of military junta, why did he flount Gowon's order not to declare secession? Recall Gowon too was the head of the military junta's hierarchy at that moment?
Gowon and ojukwu were mates and there were far senior officers ahead of gowon
Ojukwu asked for military seniority to be observed and for ogundipe to assume leadership
Believe me if igbos were power hungry,the civil war would have started earlier than it did

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Emycord: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

grin grin

who is begging for unity? ?

you guys shouting split the country has not brought to the fore what we will really gain from the split

All you guys are shouting in typical black man fashion is split split, especially that nicompoop called Nnamdi Kanu

In a civilised country like what happened during the referendum in Scotland, The main proponents of split the country, and don't split the country sparked up debates across the country

Each side brought out in clear terms the benefits that will come from each side, and the argued the disadvantages of the other side

Based on that, the country made theur choice

But what do we have in Nigeria? !
noise making

nnamdi kanu was organising carnivals and insulting others without substance

But anyways

Nigeria is not breaking so no need to even debate
so what are the gains of your one nigeria? and just see how you closed your post with "no debate". whats your fear?

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by djon78(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

How are the igbos guiltier?
The truth is that until we go into regional government's so that each region will develop at its own pace, we will continue revolving round about the same issue.

I am in my 30s now, latest by my 50s Nigeria will have gone back to region autonomy. I am very sure of that, and each part will develop at its pace.

When IPOB was spreading it's rhetoric before their clamp down, I discovered that the younger generation were tired of Nigeria wahala. And to be honest with you, if Nigeria continue with senseless, visionless, directionless leadership then it will definitely come.
The only thing that will save Nigeria, if she gets it right with right leadership and Nigeria is not yet ready for that yet.

2 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Ugosample(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Emycord:
so what are the gains of your one nigeria? and just see how you closed your post with "no debate". whats your fear?

not scared of anything

not at all

it's just that no one has empirically presented the gains of Balkanizing the country

all I hear is noise

ok let me throw the question back at you

what is the gains id separation
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by GreyLaw(m): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

Britain did not disintegrate o

Who told you that

Upbringing and mentality difference is not enough to scatter the country

The different states in America have different mentality
They are NOT the same

Utah na Mormon state

California na liberal/freestyle state

The deep south has more conservative people etc

Yet they are still together working it out

I believe eventually Nigeria will become a loose federation

But the old generation have to die first

It seems you know a good deal about American history. However, to me, that example is not apt.

The USA started first as 13 states voluntarily forming a union, with the lastest state of Hawai also joining.

Key word: voluntary.

Moreover, the federal government of the US does not plunder the natural/otherwise resources of individual states in order to feed the center. In fact, the states are mini countries.

Black Africans do NOT yet have the emotional intelligence and eductaion required to strip themselves of tribalism, so lumping us together, especially with the kind of useless system of government we run, is a terrible mistake.

We cannot ignore the fact that the White man is on a higher level of development and self-awareness.

Our fathers were not consulted before this cesspit was formed. To worsen the situation, Nigeria is a country where injustice pervades the whole system.

Give Nigeria 100 years, it'll still be like this, except the country disintegrates or exists as a federation where justice and fairness are practised.

Countrary to your line of thought, if the old generation dies, the new will not fare better. This is because they watched the old do all they did. The culture of selfishness, injustice and tribalism is not restricted to the older generation.

People clamor for disintegration because the justice, fairness and development they need will NEVER be allowed by the present system we run.

I love a working multicultural country, but how do we achieve it with the present reality we face?

3 Likes

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Greenback: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

you will do well in life to get by and leave behind past mistakes.
Now what was the time difference between the so called zik declaration and the very 1st biafran agitation that makes you think the entire east was for one bloody nigeria?

Also,how come one man,Zik,made a declaration and other regions couldnt reject!? Isnt that consent?
That aside,all regions in the south and the m.belt made mistakes in the past. The middle belt were an intergral part of the NA during the civil war but today,the war seems to be upon them from the genocidal and murderous fulanis.
Gowon has silent over the years,only calling for prayers. The reason for his silence is not far fetched,he is ashamed to voice out his grievances and pains corncerning to genocide going on in his region,in a country he fought for. He couldnt bottle it up any further and recently let out some little steam.
T. Danjuma is another example. He was silent until he also couldnt take it and called for his ppl to DEFEND THEMSELVES!
If these guys have the chance/choice today,i doubt that they would lay their lives down again for one nigeria!
Even the late Awo,if he were alive today,do you think he would smile and tap Tinubu on the back for a good job he is doing,partnering with the retrogressive north?
Isaac Adaka Boro is another example even b4 biafra.

Mistakes have been made in the past but only a hopeless man/woman dwells on and reminds everyone of mistakes. Reminding ppl of their mistakes does nobody any good. The only good thing about mistakes is that we learn from them and not crying,whinning,brooding over or reminding someone about them like you are doing.
So sorry,you have no arguement at all. All you are interested in is countering lzaa with inferior and lame facts and sweating in the arsse to continue to heap the blame for past failures and mistakes on the Igbos.
Fyi,i aint Igbo,I am Edo and some years back,retired old soldiers protested in ibadan against the fed govt over their current pitiable state. They regreted ever participating in the civil war. They were led by a retired Benin old soldier.
Lzaa pointzerom immhotep shalomc precisionfx

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by djon78(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Greenback:

you will do well in life to get past and leave behind past mistakes.
Now whats the time difference between the so called zik declaration and the very 1st biafran agitation that makes you think the entire east was for one bloody nigeria?

Also,how come one man,Zik,made a declaration and other regions couldnt reject!? Isnt that consent?
That aside,all regions in the south and the m.belt made mistakes in the past. The middle belt were an intergral part of the NA during the civil war but today,the war seems to be upon them from the genocidal and murderous fulanis.
Gowon has silent over the years,only calling for prayers. The reason for his silence is not far fetched,he is ashamed to voice out his grievances and pains corncerning to genocide going on in his region,in a country he fought for. He couldnt bottle it up any further and recently let out some little steam.
T. Danjuma is another example. He was silent until he also couldnt take it and called for his ppl to DEFEND THEMSELVES!
If these guys have the chance/choice today,i doubt that they would lay their lives down again for one nigeria!
Even the late Awo,if he were alive today,do you think he would smile and tap Tinubu on the back for a good job he is doing,partnering with the retrogressive north?

Mistakes have been made in the past but only a hopeless man/woman dwells on and reminds everyone of mistakes. Reminding ppl of their mistakes does nobody any good. The only good thing about mistakes is that we learn from them and not crying,whinning,brooding over or reminding someone about them like are doing.
So sorry,you have no arguement at all. All you are interested in is countering lzaa with inferior and lame facts and sweating in the arsse to continue to heap the blame for past failures and mistakes on the Igbos.
Fyi,i aint Igbo,I am Edo and some years back,retired old soldiers protested in ibadan against the fed govt. They regreted participating in the civil war. They were led by a retired Benin old soldier.
Lzaa

You know why God will continue to bless you; you a man of truth and abounding with great wisdom. This is the kind of youths I pray we get in Nigeria. Because men of truth, honesty, justice and equity are very rare now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Emycord: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ugosample:

not scared of anything
not at all
it's just that no one has empirically presented the gains of Balkanizing the country
all I hear is noise
ok let me throw the question back at you
what is the gains id separation
the noise is all about one nigeria. so tell us what the noise is all about. why are you so scared of your own question
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Xander85: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2018
poseidon12:

If we can sit together and negotiate a true federal system or arrange a confederal system, that will be better than complete split. Such arrangement will allow the regions to develop at their own pace while leaving us with access to the largest market in Africa.
But splitting is definitely better than what we have at present.

You know in the whole debate about restructure or no restructure, the bolded part of your submission is the crux of the matter...the meat of the issue so to speak!

It is exactly because regions would be allowed to develop at their own pace that the debate on restructuring is DOA....ie, restructuring will not happen!

Now you would think that nearly 60 years after our so called independence, that all regions (especially those that have greedily monopolised power at the centre the most) would now be equipped and feel comfortable and confident about going it alone. Well, think again! wink

It is these same people that have monopolised power at the centre the most that are the least confident and have the most misgivings about fiscal federalism and regionalism. And the even more bizarre thing is that it's those that have hardly ever controlled power at the centre that are the most confident! Go figure!
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

"" Those who initially wanted this current structure were Igbos represented by Azikiwe and Ironsi.""

How old are u? Are u typing this trash out of ignorance or is it that u chose to be plain silly today?

How can igbos (eastern nigeria) want a unitary system of government when their region is by far the richest region in Nigeria, dwarfing the north n west economically, financially and otherwise. Don't even toe that lane, Neither Zik nor Ironsi nor my Igbo man wanted a unitary system of government.

Let me clear u now/shock u......Ironsi did not introduce a unitary system of government where 100% of the FINANCES generated by each region in Nigeria is collected by the government, From the day Ironsi took over power until the second he died, Nigeria still had 3 regions namely Eastern, Western and Northern Nigeria. Under Ironsi each region submitted 30% of their revenue to FG n kept 70% to develop their region.

It was Yakubu gowon that created states and FORECEFULLY started collecting every dime made by each region.

""If Ojukwu couldn't have flouted Ironsi's order as head of military junta, why did he flount Gowon's order not to declare secession?""

Time and again, U kids keep proving that u have a zero idea about what caused the civil war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by theenchanter: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" Those who initially wanted this current structure were Igbos represented by Azikiwe and Ironsi.""

How old are u? Are u typing this trash out of ignorance or is it that u chose to be plain silly today?

How can igbos (eastern nigeria) want a unitary system of government when their region is by far the richest region in Nigeria, dwarfing the north n west economically, financially and otherwise. Don't even toe that lane, Neither Zik nor Ironsi nor my Igbo man wanted a unitary system of government.

Let me clear u now/shock u......Ironsi did not introduce a unitary system of government where 100% of the FINANCES generated by each region in Nigeria is collected by the government, From the day Ironsi took over power until the second he died, Nigeria still had 3 regions namely Eastern, Western and Northern Nigeria. Under Ironsi each region submitted 30% of their revenue to FG n kept 70% to develop their region.

It was Yakubu gowon that created states and FORECEFULLY started collecting every dime made by each region.

""If Ojukwu couldn't have flouted Ironsi's order as head of military junta, why did he flount Gowon's order not to declare secession?""

Time and again, U kids keep proving that u have a zero idea about what caused the civil war.
Ironsi actually introduced d unitary system. He introduced d system cos he felt its d only way d military can be able to govern d country.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
theenchanter:
Ironsi actually introduced d unitary system. He introduced d system cos he felt its d only way d military can be able to govern d country.

That is very false.

Ironsi unified almost every part of Nigeria, But he still left the regions in place to manage each other

Gowon dem came in immediately and created states, essentially destroying the regions.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Of course in your stupidity infested brain cells written accounts of history are not available on Google and national archives hence your asinine assumption that only being born before an occurrence could confer accuracy of knowledge. I have never seen an opinion as silly as this.
Despite not being born before 1914 your likes blame Lord Luggard for Amalgamation. See your stupid hypocrisy at play?

If Zik didn't want unitary system, then why was he always in favour of a strong centre in the name of seeking national unity cum one-Nigeria? Why was he against secession clause and was always describing Nigeria's unity as non-negotiable? If all such posturing by Zik didn't constitute a quest for unitary system in your jaundiced opinion then you must be as deluded as your Zik who kept preaching one-Nigeria despite the preponderance of evidences to the contrary.

Of course I would not expect you to understand how Ironsi's Unification Decree translated to unitary system because it is obvious you have never thoroughly read and digested his May 24 1966 national broadcast. The man centralized the civil service in that broadcast. Elementary SS Two Government makes even a fool understand that the civil service is the only institution through which any government exercises her powers to generate revenue, embark on projects, pay salaries and carry out all other governmental functions. By centralizing the civil service in his May broadcast he effectively stripped the regions of their powers to generate their own revenues thus killings the fiscal aspect of the federalism. If not, how was he, as head of the centralized government, expecting to be able to continue paying salaries of the centralized civil service without eventually centralizing the initial revenue sources from which the regional premiers earlier derived funds to pay them?
Was he that rich to have expected to pay salaries to the centralized civil service from his own pocket?
Your insistence that Ironsi left the regions intact is the most senseless of your outbursts because in the May 24 1966 national broadcast Ironsi with his own foul mouth blame regional system for the crisis on ground and declared that the regions ceased to exist. He reinforced it by saying that "Nigeria ceases to be what is known as a federation and that the name becomes The Republic of Nigeria as against the former Federal Republic of Nigeria". He then proceeded to split the country into provinces.
How would you have known all these when you don't read?
The account you gave above as Nigeria still having 3 regions under Ironsi is a manifestation of your penchant for lies. First of all Ironsi met 4 regions and not three. They were North, West, East and Midwest. Secondly Ironsi did not dismantle the regions immediately on assumption of office. He assumed office Jan 17 1966 and appointed military governors to oversee the regions while he fine tuned his plans to finally dismantle them. Then on May 24 he came out with his Unification Decree which spelt the end of the regions and the federalism hitherto in practice.
Let me now ask you what the status of the regions became post May 24.
According to your father Azikiwe, in his own confession in a 1975 press interview, the war was caused by Ojukwu's illegal declaration of Biafra which had no approval in the constitution. The link is available if you don't mind being furnished with it. I guess Zik who witnessed the war was ignorant of what caused it.

How was the Eastern Region richer than the others? If the Eastern Region was so rich, then why was Zik not initially content with ruling it but lusted after ruling the Western Region? I don't want to even go into the question of the relative wealth of the regions for now.

However, Igbos' quest for unitary system was predicated on the obvious fact that federalism was a hindrance to the domination agenda they had always had up their sleeves.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Of course in your stupidity infested brain cells written accounts of history are not available on Google and national archives hence your asinine assumption that only being born before an occurrence could confer accuracy of knowledge. I have never seen an opinion as silly as this.
Despite not being born before 1914 your likes blame Lord Luggard for Amalgamation. See your stupid hypocrisy at play?

If Zik didn't want unitary system, then why was he always in favour of a strong centre in the name of seeking national unity cum one-Nigeria? Why was he against secession clause and was always describing Nigeria's unity as non-negotiable? If all such posturing by Zik didn't constitute a quest for unitary system in your jaundiced opinion then you must be as deluded as your Zik who kept preaching one-Nigeria despite the preponderance of evidences to the contrary.

Of course I would not expect you to understand how Ironsi's Unification Decree translated to unitary system because it is obvious you have never thoroughly read and digested his May 24 1966 national broadcast. The man centralized the civil service in that broadcast. Elementary SS Two Government makes even a fool understand that the civil service is the only institution through which any government exercises her powers to generate revenue, embark on projects, pay salaries and carry out all other governmental functions. By centralizing the civil service in his May broadcast he effectively stripped the regions of their powers to generate their own revenues this killings the fiscal aspect of the federalism. If not, how was he, as head of the centralized government, expecting to be able to continue paying salaries of the centralized civil service without eventually centralizing the initial revenue sources from which the regional premiers earlier derived funds to pay them?
Your insistence that Ironsi left the regions intact is the most senseless of your outbursts because in the May 24 1966 national broadcast Ironsi with his own foul mouth blame regional system for the crisis on ground and declared that the regions ceased to exist. He reinforced it by saying that "Nigeria cesases to be what is known as a federation and that the name becomes The Republic of Nigeria as against the former Federal Republic of Nigeria". He then proceeded to split the country into provinces.
The account you gave above as Nigeria still having 3 regions under Ironsi is a manifestation of your penchant for lies. First of all Ironsi met 4 regions and not three. They were North, West, East and Midwest. Secondly Ironsi did not dismantle the regions immediately on assumption of office. He assumed office Jan 17 1966 and appointed military governors to oversee the regions while he fine tuned his plans to finally dismantle them. Then on May 24 he came out with his Unification Decree which spelt the end of the regions and the federalism hitherto in practice.
According to your father Azikiwe, in his own confession in a 1975 press interview, the war was caused by Ojukwu's illegal declaration of Biafra which had no approval in the constitution. The link is available if you don't mind being furnished with it. I guess Zik who witnessed the war was ignorant of what caused it.

A long epistle rigged with STUPIDITY all thru.

Likely said earlier, declaration of biafra didn't cause the civil war....Keep wallowing in ur Silidity little child...grin

I've dropped all that is required, That's all.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by theenchanter: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

That is very false.

Ironsi unified almost every part of Nigeria, But he still left the regions in place to manage each other

Gowon dem came in immediately and created states, essentially destroying the regions.
Ironsi unified d country, if regions managed each other, what's d unitary about that?

Do u even know d reason Gowon created more states in order to weaken d regions?
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

A long epistle rigged with STUPIDITY all thru.

Likely said earlier, declaration of biafra didn't cause the civil war....Keep wallowing in ur Silidity little child...grin

I've dropped all that is required, That's all.

And your own response was a summary rigged with sense, right?

If you really had sense you would have known that there is nothing like 'long epistle' as the expression is tautological.
Why won't I give you an epistle since you lack detailed knowledge of the events that happened?

Silly great grandfather, Your father and grand patron Nnamdi Azikiwe said it that the war was caused by the declaration of Biafra by Ojukwu.
I guess your beloved Zik is therefore the father of GRAND STUPIDITY from whom you obviously inherited in as manifested in your stupid self opinionated outbursts which are products of propaganda than the genuine facts of history.
Lazy Nigerian youth!

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

U see what i'm saying
Lemme give u an example

lol.... I live in osogbo, my school is near Ondo and I know Ibadan like the back of my palm, do you know how many Igbos are in those place, in osogbo and Ibadan, their population is something else,not to talk of ondo city and Akure itself.
some of you just speak nonsense for the sake of nonsense.

there is a reason for the fight among igbos In Ibadan for the Ezendigbo title

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
theenchanter:
Ironsi unified d country, if regions managed each other, what's d unitary about that?

Do u even know d reason Gowon created more states in order to weaken d regions?

""Do u even know d reason Gowon created more states""

Gowon created states, not more states. no state existed before he came in
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by theenchanter: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""Do u even know d reason Gowon created more states""

Gowon created states, not more states. no state existed before he came in
yeah, that's true........
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by djon78(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Of course I would not expect you to understand how Ironsi's Unification Decree translated to unitary system because it is obvious you have never thoroughly read and digested his May 24 1966 national broadcast. The man centralized the civil service in that broadcast. Elementary SS Two Government makes even a fool understand that the civil service is the only institution through which any government exercises her powers to generate revenue, embark on projects, pay salaries and carry out all other governmental functions. By centralizing the civil service in his May broadcast he effectively stripped the regions of their powers to generate their own revenues thus killings the fiscal aspect of the federalism. If not, how was he, as head of the centralized government, expecting to be able to continue paying salaries of the centralized civil service without eventually centralizing the initial revenue sources from which the regional premiers earlier derived funds to pay them?
Was he that rich to have expected to pay salaries to the centralized civil service from his own pocket?
Your insistence that Ironsi left the regions intact is the most senseless of your outbursts because in the May 24 1966 national broadcast Ironsi with his own foul mouth blame regional system for the crisis on ground and declared that the regions ceased to exist. He reinforced it by saying that "Nigeria ceases to be what is known as a federation and that the name becomes The Republic of Nigeria as against the former Federal Republic of Nigeria". He then proceeded to split the country into provinces.

How was the Eastern Region richer than the others? If the Eastern Region was so rich, then why was Zik not initially content with ruling it but listed after ruling the Western Region? I don't want to even go into the question of the relative wealth of the regions for now.

However, Igbos' quest for unitary system was predicated on the obvious fact that federalism was a hindrance to the domination agenda they had always had up their sleeves.

Story story story. Keep on living in the past!!!

Let me say it again, if Nigeria continue with senseless, vision less and directionless leadership, it is not whether but with all assurance Nigeria will definitely go into regional government's, where each part will develop at its pace. Because the younger generation are tired of this countrys wahala.

I remember when Gaddafi, Mubrak and other despotic Arab leaders where running their country like despots, but when the younger generation became tired, then came Arab spring revolution. To the extent that even Saudi Arabia with its highly strict governance today is relinquishing power to the younger generation.
Before women rights, driving is coming on stead. The country is being run by a very young Crown prince in his 30s.

So they should keep on recycling old men who doesn't have even basic understanding of how a country runs in this modern times in this country.
But they should know that it won't last forever. An igbo adage says that if an adult is holding a thing that belongs to a child, because he is holding it above the child's height, a time is coming when hand go begin pain am, he will bring it down because hand is paining him.

One thing I like about God that made Man is that we operate as humans in generations. The generations that gripped Nigeria tight, age is catching up on them. They were revolving power among themselves. Minus Jonathan, obj, yaradua, and buhari, has been past presidents since our present democratic setting. Obj, babangida, danjuma, abdulsalam etc hand is paining them, they want a younger generation to take over in 2019. They have found out that if they don't get there act right, they may go and meet their maker with a failed Nigeria score sheet. And that is a very scary report card to go into the great beyond to meet their maker after the kind of opportunities they had right from their 30s, now they are in their 80s.

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by LZAA: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sap0:

lol.... I live in osogbo, my school is near Ondo and I know Ibadan like the back of my palm, do you know how many Igbos are in those place, in osogbo and Ibadan, their population is something else,not to talk of ondo city and Akure itself.
some of you just speak nonsense for the sake of nonsense.

there is a reason for the fight among igbos In Ibadan for the Ezendigbo title
Ibadan was the former capital of the western region
Again i used the term HARDLY not totally
The so called "fight" you are referring to is very stale news
And again u cannot compare the number of igbos in lagos or ogun to those in ibadan or osogbo,that would be folly on ur part

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

Ibadan was the former capital of the western region
Again i used the term HARDLY not totally
The so called "fight" you are referring to is very stale news
And again u cannot compare the number of igbos in lagos or ogun to those in ibadan or osogbo,that would be folly on ur part
changing goalpost right?
why did you leave out Ondo, and Akure?
have you been to osogbo before?
lol @ ogun.. the number of Igbos in Ibadan alone surpass anything you will see in ogun.

between I don't have anything against igbos,you can check my posts.. but you lied because you want to pass across a point, and that's what I'm calling you out for.
Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
djon78:

Story story story. Keep on living in the past!!!

Let me say it again, if Nigeria continue with senseless, vision less and directionless leadership, it is not whether but with all assurance Nigeria will definitely go into regional government's, where each part will develop at its pace. Because the younger generation are tired of this countrys wahala.

I remember when Gaddafi, Mubrak and other despotic Arab leaders where running their country like despots, but when the younger generation became tired, then came Arab spring revolution. To the extent that even Saudi Arabia with its highly strict governance today is relinquishing power to the younger generation.
Before women rights, driving is coming on stead. The country is being run by a very young Crown prince in his 30s.

So they should keep on recycling old men who doesn't have even basic understanding of how a country runs in this modern times in this country.
But they should know that it won't last forever. An igbo adage says that if an adult is holding a thing that belongs to a child, because he is holding it above the child's height, a time is coming when hand go begin pain am, he will bring it down because hand is paining him.

One thing I like about God that made Man is that we operate as humans in generations. The generations that gripped Nigeria tight, age is catching up on them. They were revolving power among themselves. Minus Jonathan, obj, yaradua, and buhari, has been past presidents since our present democratic setting. Obj, babangida, danjuma, abdulsalam etc hand is paining them, they want a younger generation to take over in 2019. They have found out that if they don't get there act right, they may go and meet their maker with a failed Nigeria score sheet. And that is a very scary report card to go into the great beyond to meet their maker after the kind of opportunities they had right from their 30s, now they are in their 80s.

Your brothers here are the ones who always bring back the past by speaking as if Igbos are 100℅ innocent of why Nigeria failed and secession is almost impossible.
You can imagine one of them insulting the sensibilities of other tribes by saying that Igbos have been preaching that Nigeria would never work but other tribes don't listen. They speak as if they are now vindicated. This is what annoys me because history makes it clear that it is even other tribes that the current situation vindicates against Igbos.
Why can't your brothers stop acting as if their political leaders were not the originators of this dubious one-Nigeria philosophy?

1 Like

Re: Disintegration, A Neglected Solution To Nation’s Challenges ― Senator Adeyeye by Deadlytruth(m): 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Greenback:

you will do well in life to get by and leave behind past mistakes.
Now what was the time difference between the so called zik declaration and the very 1st biafran agitation that makes you think the entire east was for one bloody nigeria?

Mistakes have been made in the past but only a hopeless man/woman dwells on and reminds everyone of mistakes. Reminding ppl of their mistakes does nobody any good. The only good thing about mistakes is that we learn from them and not crying,whinning,brooding over or reminding someone about them like you are doing.
Fyi,i aint Igbo,I am Edo and some years back,retired old soldiers protested in ibadan against the fed govt over their current pitiable state. They regreted ever participating in the civil war. They were led by a retired Benin old soldier.
Lzaa pointzerom immhotep shalomc precisionfx

We won't stop dwelling in the past until your brothers stop falsely pointing accusing fingers about the past.
If the East was not initially in support of one bloody Nigeria, then why did they advise Ironsi to promulgate the Anti-Secession Decree? Recall that Ironsi's advisers were all Igbos.
As at the time Zik made the pro-one Nigeria declaration and deprecated the inclusion of secession clause in the constitution, all the British wanted as a basis for overulling any such motion was just one dissenting region which they found in the East represented by Azikiwe the East's overall leader.
In an interview he would later grant in 1975 to the press, Azikiwe confessed that he asked for and got the help of the British might to threaten the proponents of secession clause with treasonable felony if they didn't give up on it, and it worked. If you want that interview here I will gladly give you the link.
I doubt your Edoness because no Edo man blames himself or his forebears for the current ills in the land which are nothing but the long term consequences of Igbos' myopia of the past. So your claim of Edo without being asked for your tribe betrays impersonation agenda.
Your attempt to generalize the mistakes that led us to this mess is at best dishonest because in the very beginning all other tribes,except Igbos, acknowledged and admitted the unfortunate reality that Nigeria was an unsustainable fraud. To that end they moved motions, wrote books and made cases for de-amalganation or at least a structure with a very weak centre. Only Igbos reasoned otherwise despite all evidences were pointing to the contrary. So how other tribes made mistakes remains a product of your wishful imagination. For goodness sake what is the mistake in seeing naked reality and choosing to accept it? You mean Enahoro your supposed Edo brother made a mistake for being the first to propose the secession clause? Stop being clever by half.
You are not Edo and you really have no point. You are only sweating in the arse to mitigate the shame which the revelation of Azikiwe's lust for power and domination brings on you and your brothers.
What you seem to perceive as the mistakes of other tribes are the later actions they took in pursuit of self preservation when the deadly consequences of Igbos' initial shortsighted greed came calling. Self preservation is never a mistake irrespective of how much it hurts one's neighbours especially if those neighbours are responsible for the dangers which necessitated the preservation in the first instance.

Apart from the fact that all these your talks about Awolowo, Danjuma, Tinubu, Adaka Boro, etc are totally irrelevant, it betrays your actual Igboness because only Igbos are known to be fond of quickly trying to change the topic to what later happened to Isaac Boro, Awolowo, etc when confronted with how their own leaders laid the foundation for the resentment these figures developed for Igbo hence fought against them.
Ask an Igbo man why Ojukwu crushed Isaac Boro's secession attempt, and rather than answering the question what you'll hear him say is "How did Boro later end it in the hands of the HausaFulanis he fought for? He would never answer the original question you asked him. This is the usual Igbo trickish way of evading questions that touch on the hypocrisy of their past leaders, and that exactly is what you have just displayed here.
You should have known that you are not debating with a kid.
How does pre-independence and first Republic politics concern Tinubu?
How does the Federal Government's indebtedness to retired soldiers constitute Biafra nemesis to those soldiers? Did some retired federal civil servants currently being owned over 42 months pay also fight against Biafra? Now that Buhari had paid those soldiers, what do you think they'll say now? Indebtedness to retirees cut across all sectors so stop gloating over it as a Biafra nemesis. You can't be Edo because you cry too much more than the bereaved Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘your Letter Lacks Respect’ — Obi Of Onitsha Tackles Soludo’s Commissioner / Did Ghana Actually Killed All There Top Leaders Before Witnessing Development / 2019: APC Won’t Relinquish Power If They Lose – Senator Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.