Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,524 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (29635 Views)

Top 10 Pentecostal Churches In Nigeria. / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So Christianity is not reporting a child rapist to the police but reporting a thief who breaks into a kingdom hall right?

True Christians now use secular worldly history to make their rules and regulation? True Christians no longer need only the Bible? Wow!

This is becoming more and more interesting. If Catholics don't use only the Bible you will call them false religion. Your religion is not using the Bible and you call yours true religion lol. Hypocrisy at it's peak.
Sorry Mr Talktalk,please where is Deadlytruth? I think he is reasonable to respond to.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
TATIME:
Sorry Mr Talktalk,please where is Deadlytruth? I think he is reasonable to respond to.

Buhaha. You don tire?
Are you ashamed of saying it is right to report a thief who breaks into a kingdom hall and not child rapist to the police?
Are you ashamed of saying you have to wait for an imaginary Paradise earth to come so your jehovah can come forgive these pedophilles?
You can punish a smoker here on earth but you have to wait for your jehovah to come so he can forgive the pedophille. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by capitalzero: 6:03am On Aug 02, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Buhaha. You don tire?
Are you ashamed of saying it is right to report a thief who breaks into a kingdom hall and not child rapist to the police?
Are you ashamed of saying you have to wait for an imaginary Paradise earth to come so your jehovah can come forgive these pedophilles?
You can punish a smoker here on earth but you have to wait for your jehovah to come so he can forgive the pedophille. Hypocrites
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2018
capitalzero:

.who told you offering is optional in jehovah witness religion?

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:34am On Aug 02, 2018
capitalzero:

How can Jehovah's witness tell you offering is voluntary when they tell you the kind of things to donate to their organization (money, jewelry, real estate, stocks,bonds shares, assets, companies etc), how to donate (pos, insurance, credit card, cash, online transfer etc), where to donate (donation box, to the organization or kingdom hall directly), when to donate ( in meetings, in banks, when they want to die etc)

You can't tell people what, where, how and when to donate and call it optional. It just shows that level of manipulation is very severe.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
@Deadlytruth: If truthfully you want to know something you only need to ask straightforward, leading and thought provoking questions that will catch your audience like a cobweb. As for my claim regarding the atheists please go and check the tread entitled "How Jesus Christ was Created" by an atheist named Otemsapien. And as for Hairyrapunzel check the thread entitled "Jehovah's Witnesses, hundreds of child sex abuse in the religion" by mikeolu1 there you'll learn how true Christians can defend the wise counsels from our master with or without the Bible because as a REAL Christian you should be able to convince anybody about how beneficial Christianity is whether such a person agrees with the Bible or not!

For the first bolded, where did you keep this admonition when your co- JW was here using foul language and outright insults in defending his belief before he was kicked out by an Awake magazine citation which clearly contradicted his claim? Rather than so admonish him you kept cheering him up with tales of how you defeated atheists. You even went as far as bloating his ego by asking him to keep putting other Christians to shame. A man's character is not in his words but his actions.

For the second bolded, it is against the very avowed doctrine of your religious organisation. According to the contents of most Awake magazine editions I have personally read, you people's major emphasis is always that genuine Christians should rely on the Bible as the SOLE authority of God's word. I am therefore currently at loss as to this your newfound perception that God's word could be defended with or without the Bible. It seems when it favours your organisation you hammer on the exclusivity of the Bible as God's words, and when it doesn't favour it, you begin to conceed that God's words could be defended by some other means outside the Bible.

For the third bolded, it doesn't even make sense because a moslem for example believes that the Bible, especially the new testament, is a corruption of God's original word. He can show thousands of 'evidences' for that form the Bible itself. For example he would easily ask you to explain the relationship between God and Mary if the Sonship of Jesus is a reality as claimed by the Bible. Going by human Logic and Biological principles he wins.
But genuine Christians know and understand that conviction is not much by human arguments based on logic or science as JW advocates, but by the Holy Spirit whom Christ Himself promised would explain all things.

So you arrogate to yourself the Holy Spirit's powers for believing you alone can do the work of convincing others about Christianity.

You need to first satisfactorily answer the posers raised here against some of your doctrines before you direct me to to how you "moved" mountains in other threads.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:

So calling someone Mr TalkTalk is a way to ask thought provoking and leading questions that catch in the web as you just said? Why not following your own advice?
Well, I have responded. Please where is that fellow of yours who has run away? Isn't he too supposed to be reasonable to respond now?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2018
capitalzero:

It's referred to as optional since no one comes to you directly or privately to ask for donations,no specific amount like the tithings,no going about with donation pans to intimidate during meetings and everyone is seated comfortably without a charge. But all officiating members must not come to God's house empty handed for no genuine reason. The donations are for the upkeep of all our facilities NO ONE IS TO BECOME RICH DUE TO GOD'S WORK because Jesus said it's free!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So calling someone Mr TalkTalk is a way to ask thought provoking and leading questions that catch in the web as you just said? Why not following your own advice?
Well, I have responded. Please where is that fellow of yours who has run away? Isn't he too supposed to be reasonable to respond now?
Well you have not ask anything tangible that requires a response. If you notice carefully, you'll perceive that i ONLY respond not just argue. undecided
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
It's referred to as optional since no one comes to you directly or privately to ask for donations,no specific amount like the tithings,no going about with donation pans to intimidate during meetings and everyone is seated comfortably without a charge. But all officiating members must not come to God's house empty handed for no genuine reason. The donations are for the upkeep of all our facilities NO ONE IS TO BECOME RICH DUE TO GOD'S WORK because Jesus said it's free!

Suggesting that the use of donation pans is intimidating is to suggest also that secular charity organizations like orphanages intimidate by going to churches to seek assistance financially on behalf of their wards.

If the bolded doesn't signify compulsion in JW, then what does it signify? And how exactly do you determine the genuineness of the reasons? In fact trying to determine the level of genuineness of the officiating minister's reason is an act of compulsion in itself. Why go so far in an organisation which supposedly forbids the use of force in getting donations?
Neither the Orthodox nor Pentecostal churches bother in the first instance trying to know any member's or officiating minister's reason for not paying offering let alone try to judge how genuine it is. See yourselves?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
Well you have not ask anything tangible that requires a response. If you notice carefully, you'll perceive that i ONLY respond not just argue. undecided

You mean you have not seen the repeated demands here for just a passage in the Bible that military converts to the church resigned from the army thereafter?
You also mean you have not seen where the last conversation between Jesus and His disciples just before his departure to heaven coupled with Paul's greetings from Brother Erastus the City treasurer punctures JWs' claim that politicial participation is unscriptural?
You are a pretender.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Suggesting that the use of donation pans is intimidating is to suggest also that secular charity organizations like orphanages intimidate by going to churches to seek assistance financially on behalf of their wards.

If the bolded doesn't signify compulsion in JW, then what does it signify?
Two questions: first of all Christianity has nothing to do with orphanages, that is the duty of the rulers to cater for all their subjects, Christians are to cater for fellow believers and if the need be a neighbor in need. But searching for beggars or someone who has gathered motherless children to give money is not what Christ taught His followers. John 12:4-8 In the Bible you can NEVER see a place both in the old or new testament where orphanage is encouraged or supported by God's people. Worshippers of God ONLY cater for nearby neighbors in need and less privileged AMONGST them (worshippers) not the general public! All these were the settings and arrangement of the Orthodox Churches not REAL Christianity! And secondly officiating members of the Christian congregation knows the needs of the congregation so each of them must be aware that those things needs to be taken care of because we must not BEG for money to take care of pure worship. Psalm 23:1 Though voluntary donations as in appreciation for God's work is welcomed from lovers of the truth. Luke 8:3
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You mean you have not seen the repeated demands here for just a passage in the Bible that military converts to the church resigned from the army thereafter?
You also mean you have not seen where the last conversation between Jesus and His disciples just before his departure to heaven coupled with Paul's greetings from Brother Erastus the City treasurer punctures JWs' claim that politicial participation is unscriptural?
You are a pretender.
Please calm down. I ONLY follow when i'm less busy,remember this is not where we come to preach and teach rather we just chat to get clearer understanding of what each religion teaches! So you can't expect me to always read all the conversations going on in NL,i no get job?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You are a pretender.
Jehovah's Witnesses teaches all our members how to say NO to military services because the "Nazarene" never support the killing of people from other nations no matter what happens. He taught us how to always resolve issues without strife which could lead to physical combat or WAR! So if you're from Nigeria and i am from Togo the ONLY reason why you and i could raise up arms against each other is POLITICS. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses NEVER participate in either military services nor politics! We strongly believe in resolving all issues the Christlike way. Matthew 5:38-48 These are more or less the advanced understanding of true Christianity, though many still wonders why JWs strongly rejects being in the military and politics when it is difficult to locate where this commands are written in the scriptures, but you will agree with me if you see how easy Jehovah's Witnesses in one country or continent relates freely with JWs from far away lands. Well it's because we're so sure that if truly he/she is one of us there is no need to fear for a gun or other harmful weapons since he/she has been taught to say NO to such. Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
Jehovah's Witnesses teaches all our members how to say NO to military services because the "Nazarene" never support the killing of people from other nations no matter what happens. He taught us how to always resolve issues without strife which could lead to physical combat or WAR! So if you're from Nigeria and i am from Togo the ONLY reason why you and i could raise up arms against each other is POLITICS. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses NEVER participate in either military services nor politics! We strongly believe in resolving all issues the Christlike way. Matthew 5:38-48 These are more or less the advanced understanding of true Christianity, though many still wonders why JWs strongly rejects being in the military and politics when it is difficult to locate where this commands are written in the scriptures, but you will agree with me if you see how easy Jehovah's Witnesses in one country or continent relates freely with JWs from far away lands. Well it's because we're so sure that if truly he/she is one of us there is no need to fear for a gun or other harmful weapons since he/she has been taught to say NO to such. Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3

Is it the demand for just a direct quote from the Bible that generated all these stories which have nothing to do with the Bible?

You are asked why you preach that joining the military is unchristian based on the Bible and you started talking of how JWs resolve their own internal disagreements peacefully as if every other denomination resolves her own internal crisis through violence. What a diversion!

So being in the military is automatically to kill people from other nations? The Awake magazine article you have been refered to here says JWs are free to carry arms in defence of Jehovah's kingdom. I guess defending Jehovah's kingdom with arms does not involve killing fellow humans, right?
I can see that the only reason you guys don't like the military is not about the killings you accuse them of but the fact that they wear uniforms which you don't want to wear in pursuit of your quest to just appear outwardly different from others.
However, in all your conjectural merry-go-round you cleverly dodged the question as to what Jesus meant by promising his disciples that the Father Himself would some day restore the earthly kingdom of Israel to them.
You also cleverly avoided explaining why Paul addressed Erastus as a fellow believer despite he held a political position of City treasurership at that moment in question.
You guys are just dishonest and evasive.

Politics is not the only reason why people raise arms against each other. That is an outrageously fallacious claim. People take up arms over ancestral lands, self defence as advocated in your own magazine, etc. In fact in countries like Australia, Iceland, Greenland, Seychelles, etc, the citizens have never fought wars despite them choosing their leaders through political processes. You guys lie too much.

As for the bolded, thank God you yourself admit for the first time that those beliefs are difficult or even impossible to locate in the scriptures. So what else do you need? I thought the scriptures are enough? Why resort to your own human wisdom in speaking for God?

The passages you quoted in Isiah and Micha were in existence when John The Baptist did not ask his guest soldiers to resign from the army as a condition for the salvation which they inquired of him. He only warned them against using their powers as tools for oppression and pervertion of justice. That means there is something positive about the military which only the abuse of it could mess up.
The jailer whom Paul baptized in Philipi was a soldier yet after baptism Paul didn't ask him to resign.

The truth remains that virtually every biblical instruction could be twisted to mean something else with certain excuses. I can decide that it is unscriptural to pay taxes and defend it with the fact that the government will definitely use it to finance wars.
The taxes you pay to the Nigerian Government have been used to finance wars in other countries leading to the death of your fellow JWs over there. You should have been preaching against the payment of taxes on account of that.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
Please calm down. I ONLY follow when i'm less busy,remember this is not where we come to preach and teach rather we just chat to get clearer understanding of what each religion teaches! So you can't expect me to always read all the conversations going on in NL,i no get job?

So the same you who had all the time in the world to "demolish" atheists on a thread here suddenly no longer have enough time to always read all the conversations here? I guess you didn't read all the conversations from the atheists before "demolishing" them.
See what trap self glorification can set for its own victim?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Is it the demand for just a direct quote from the Bible that generated all these stories which have nothing to do with the Bible?

You are asked why you preach that joining the military is unchristian based on the Bible and you started talking of how JWs resolve their own internal disagreements peacefully as if every other denomination resolves her own internal crisis through violence. What a diversion!

So being in the military is automatically to kill people from other nations? The Awake magazine article you have been refered to here says JWs are free to carry arms in defence of Jehovah's kingdom. I guess defending Jehovah's kingdom with arms does not involve killing fellow humans, right?
I can see that the only reason you guys don't like the military is not about the killings you accuse them of but the fact that they wear uniforms which you don't want to wear in pursuit of your quest to just appear outwardly different from others.
However, in all your conjectural merry-go-round you cleverly dodged the question as to what Jesus meant by promising his disciples that the Father Himself would some day restore the earthly kingdom of Israel to them.
You also cleverly avoided explaining why Paul addressed Erastus as a fellow believer despite he held a political position of City treasurership at that moment in question.

Politics is not the only reason why people raise arms against each other. That is an outrageously fallacious claim. People take up arms over ancestral lands, self defence as advocated in your own magazine, etc. In fact in countries like Australia, Iceland, Greenland, Seychelles, etc, the citizens have never fought wars despite them choosing their leaders through political processes. You guys lie too much.

As for the bolded, thank God you yourself admit for the first time that those beliefs are difficult or even impossible to locate in the scriptures. So what else do you need? I thought the scriptures are enough? Why resort to your own human wisdom in speaking for God?

The passages you quoted in Isiah and Micha were in existence when John The Baptist did not ask his guest soldiers to resign from the army as a condition for the salvation which they inquired of him. He only warned them against using their powers as tools for oppression and pervertion justice. That means there is something positive about the military which only the abuse of it could mess up.
The jailer whom Paul baptized in Philipi was a soldier yet after baptism Paul didn't ask him to resign.

The truth remains that virtually every biblical instruction could be twisted to mean something else with certain excuses. I can decide that it is unscriptural to pay taxes and defend it with the fact that the government will definitely use it to finance wars.
The taxes you pay to the Nigerian Government have been used to finance wars in other countries leading to the death of your fellow JWs over there. You should have been preaching against the payment of taxes on account of that.

Remember i said we're taught to make simple presentations of what we believe before everyone so that they choose whether to accept it or reject it. This is a free world where there is freedom of expression, i shouldn't force you to conform to my ideology while you too shouldn't try to force me. If you present what you believe, i can say YES or NO. As for scriptural backings for our believes,you can friendly ask for it and we'll be happy to present it. We're not quarreling neither are we fighting. It's simply what each person believes!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
Two questions: first of all Christianity has nothing to do with orphanages, that is the duty of the rulers to cater for all their subjects, Christians are to cater for fellow believers and if the need be a neighbor in need. But searching for beggars or someone who has gathered motherless children to give money is not what Christ taught His followers. John 12:4-8 In the Bible you can NEVER see a place both in the old or new testament where orphanage is encouraged or supported by God's people. Worshippers of God ONLY cater for nearby neighbors in need and less privileged AMONGST them (worshippers) not the general public! All these were the settings and arrangement of the Orthodox Churches not REAL Christianity! And secondly officiating members of the Christian congregation knows the needs of the congregation so each of them must be aware that those things needs to be taken care of because we must not BEG for money to take care of pure worship. Psalm 23:1 Though voluntary donations as in appreciation for God's work is welcomed from lovers of the truth. Luke 8:3

A pack of heresy.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So the same you who had all the time in the world to "demolish" atheists on a thread here suddenly no longer have enough time to always read all the conversations here? I guess you didn't read all the conversations from the atheists before "demolishing" them.
See what trap self glorification can set for its own victim?
The Atheists were ridiculing the Churches and their Pastors i guess i'm less concerned about that but what made me intervened was when one of them spoke against the Bible. That was too much for me to bear so i silenced all of them for raising their tongue against our power house! It was an interesting conversation between myself and those atheists, please you can still find it on one of their thread entitled "How Jesus Christ was Created" by one Otemsapien. Just try and see for yourself perhaps you'll understand what i'm saying, but as for someone like you who claims to believe in the Bible i strongly believe in what Apostle Paul urges Christians to do. Philippians 2:14,15 1Timothy 6:4 Titus 3:9
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:

Christianity has everything to do with orphanages. Jesus asked his followers to care for the poor and needy in the society. This is where the orphanages come in, victims of violent attacks, the sick, the unjustly imprisoned, etc, come in.

If the government were able to cater for all her subjects, then even Christians would not need the church again because they too are government's subjects.

Christians are not to cater for only fellow believers but for the needy in the society generally. The centurion whose son Jesus raised from the dead was not a member of Jesus' followers. Paul and the other Apostles won converts by caring for unbelievers in the society. Jesus won followers by attending to the needs of Jews and gentiles alike.

You claim you must not beg for money for pure worship yet you go from house to house and street to street beginning unbelievers to donate to the publication of your magazines on the excuse that they are "lovers" of the "truth". How many houses or streets did Jesus visit begging those who admired his teachings for support for his mission?
The Orthodox Churches don't as well go from house to house asking unbelievers for 'voluntary' donations. They rather get offerings from their congregations and spend on unbelievers outside the church charitably. This is the true Christianity Jesus taught.
You give to the society rather than take from it. Paul said to unbelievers, "It is you I want, not your money". But to JWs, "it is your money we want, not necessarily you'.

Below is the passage you quoted out of context:

One of Jesus' disciples, Judas Iscariot—the one who was going to betray him—said, 5 “Why wasn't this perfume sold for three hundred silver coins and the money given to the poor?” 6 He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief. He carried the money bag and would help himself from it.

Note the bolded in verse 6. Jesus responded that way because Judas' concern was not sincere and not really because it was wrong for believers to care for the poor in the society. Moreover, Jesus said he deserved the perfume because he would soon be unavailable while the poor would always be around for them to care for.
But you twisted the whole thing to suit your predetermined doctrine.

7 But Jesus said, “Leave her alone! Let her keep what she has for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have poor people with you, but you will not always have me.”
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Esteemed626: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

The passages you quoted in Isiah and Micha were in existence when John The Baptist did not ask his guest soldiers to resign from the army as a condition for the salvation which they inquired of him. He only warned them against using their powers as tools for oppression and pervertion justice. That means there is something positive about the military which only the abuse of it could mess up.

The answer to your Rants is that God said thou shalt not kill.. Okay..
And is it only wars that they use tax payers money to finance in the society?
Stop being myopic. You are an adult
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Esteemed626: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
I have seen like two people talking about child rapist. How sure are you guys. Something tells me that these rumor mongers are pained about something. Its better you guys tell us your problem so that we can know the kind of melecine grin to give you .
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
Esteemed626:

The answer to your Rants is that God said thou shalt not kill.. Okay..
And is it only wars that they use tax payers money to finance in the society?
Stop being myopic. You are an adult
And the question you cleverly avoided is the fact that you could actually kill in the process of self defence which your elders in New York approve of as already referenced.
Stop being unintelligently clever. You are an elder.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
The Atheists were ridiculing the Churches and their Pastors i guess i'm less concerned about that but what made me intervened was when one of them spoke against the Bible. That was too much for me to bear so i silenced all of them for raising their tongue against our power house! It was an interesting conversation between myself and those atheists, please you can still find it on one of their thread entitled "How Jesus Christ was Created" by one Otemsapien. Just try and see for yourself perhaps you'll understand what i'm saying, but as for someone like you who claims to believe in the Bible i strongly believe in what Apostle Paul urges Christians to do. Philippians 2:14,15 1Timothy 6:4 Titus 3:9

The verses you referenced above actually indict your very self.

Truly knowledgeable and spiritually mature Christians don't even argue with atheists in the first instance because there is no common ground for that. He may only preach and physically demonstrate God's power before them and possibly succed in making them believe in God. That was the approach the apostles used throughout their missions. This was the reason for their avoidance of that thread which appeared to you as inability to defend the Bible hence your going in for the argument and later becoming guilty of the warning in 1 Timothy 6:4 by boasting with the assumption that you defeated them.

Phil. 2:14-15 is about conduct as it is an instruction that starts with the expression "do everything....." and ends with "so that you may shine....". Christians shine by their conducts and not by how much they can argue with atheists as you erroneously think. The disciples were first called Christians not by their preaching or clever argument but simply because of their conducts which shone like those of Christ in the eyes of observers.
By their fruits (not by their words) ye shall know them. The fruits of the Holy Spirit are listed in the Bible as love, patience, honesty, humility, etc. The ability to win arguments is not listed among.
So go and study your Bible personally without Watchtower mindset and stop quoting its contents out of context.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

The verses you referenced above actually indict your very self.

Truly knowledgeable and spiritually mature Christians don't even argue with atheists in the first instance because there is no common ground for that. He may only preach and physically demonstrate God's power before them and possibly succed in making them believe in God. That was the approach the apostles used throughout their missions. This was the reason for their avoidance of that thread which appeared to you as inability to defend the Bible hence your going in for the argument and later becoming guilty of the warning in 1 Timothy 6:4 by boasting with the assumption that you defeated them.

Phil. 2:14-15 is about conduct as it is an instruction that starts with the expression "do everything....." and ends with "so that you may shine....". Christians shine by their conducts and not by how much they can argue with atheists as you erroneously think. The disciples were first called Christians not by their preaching or clever argument but simply because of their conducts which shone like those of Christ in the eyes of observers.
By their fruits (not by their words) ye shall know them. The fruits of the Holy Spirit are listed in the Bible as love, patience, honesty, humility, etc. The ability to win arguments is not listed among.
So go and study your Bible personally without Watchtower mindset and stop quoting its contents out of context.
Hmmmmmmm the profile name differs but the spirit behind is the same. cheesy Hairyrapunzel go and preach to your neighbors if you want to convert souls as for me i have presented what i believe in an humble manner but it's like you only like arguing that's why i called you Mr Talktalk so i'm through with you. wink
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmm the profile name differs but the spirit behind is the same. cheesy Hairyrapunzel go and preach to your neighbors if you want to convert souls as for me i have presented what i believe in an humble manner but it's like you only like arguing that's why i called you Mr Talktalk so i'm through with you. wink

What a way to cover up for exhaustion. Hairyapunzel is really a nightmare to you guys. His demolition force was just something else hence you see him in every other moniker that shakes the foundation of your manipulative doctrines.

You must be a very naive kid to have happily declared that you weren't bothered about atheists condemning Churches because you assume you were excluded. You forgot that atheism is a resistance to any kind of belief in God generally irrespective of religion or denomination including yours. Do you think they esteem your denomination more than any other as far as you claim to worship a god?
I have never seen a people with so much love for self delusion.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
TATIME:

No one goes with pans but you have donation box in your kingdom hall. If donation wasn't important you will not even keep a donation box in your kingdom hall.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Deadlytruth:

What a way to cover up for exhaustion. Hairyapunzel is really a nightmare to you guys. His demolition force was just something else hence you see him in every other moniker that shakes the foundation of your manipulative doctrines.

You must be a very naive kid to have happily declared that you weren't bothered about atheists condemning Churches because you assume you were excluded. You forgot that atheism is a resistance to any kind of belief in God generally irrespective of religion or denomination including yours. Do you think they esteem your denomination more than any other as far as you claim to worship a god?
I have never seen a people with so much love for self delusion.
Through with you Hairyrapunzel. wink wink wink
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
Esteemed626:
I have seen like two people talking about child rapist. How sure are you guys. Something tells me that these rumor mongers are pained about something. Its better you guys tell us your problem so that we can know the kind of melecine grin to give you .

The Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.28-9 gave the following advice regarding accusations of child abuse.

"What Can Elders Do?

If the elders are approached by a member of the congregation who is experiencing flashbacks or repressed memories of child abuse, two of them are usually assigned to help. These elders should kindly encourage the afflicted one to focus for the time being on coping with the emotional distress. The names of any remembered abusers should be kept in strict confidence.

The elders primary task is to act as shepherds. (Isaiah 32:1,2; 1Peter 5:2,3) They should be especially careful to clothe [themselves] with the tender affections of compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, and long-suffering. (Colossians 3:12) Let them listen in a kindly way and then apply healing words from the Scriptures. (Proverbs 12:18) Some who are afflicted with painful memories have expressed appreciation for elders who make regular visits or even telephone calls to check to see how they are doing. Such contacts need not take a lot of time, but they show that Jehovah's organization cares. When the afflicted one realizes that his Christian brothers truly love him, he may be helped to recover a considerable degree of emotional balance.

What if the sufferer decides that he wants to make an accusation? Then the two elders can advise him that, in line with the principle at Matthew 18:15, he should personally approach the accused about the matter. If the accuser is not emotionally able to do this face-to-face, it can be done by telephone or perhaps by writing a letter. In this way the one accused is given the opportunity to go on record before Jehovah with his answer to the accusation. He may even be able to present evidence that he could not have committed the abuse. Or perhaps the one accused will confess, and a reconciliation may be achieved. What a blessing that would be! If there is a confession, the two elders can handle matters further in accordance with Scriptural principles.

If the accusation is denied, the elders should explain to the accuser that nothing more can be done in a judicial way . And the congregation will continue to view the one accused as an innocent person
. The Bible says that there must be two or three witnesses before judicial action can be taken. (2 Corinthians 13:1; 1 Timothy 5:19) Even if more than one person remembers abuse by the same individual, the nature of these recalls is just too uncertain to base judicial decisions on them without other supporting evidence. This does not mean that such memories are viewed as false (or that they are viewed as true). But Bible principles must be followed in establishing a matter judicially.

What if the one accused though denying the wrong doing is really guilty? Does he get away with it, as it were? Certainly not! The question of his guilt or innocence can be safely left in Jehovah's hands. The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later. (1Timothy 5:24; Romans 12:19; 14:12) The book of Proverbs says: The expectation of the righteous ones is a rejoicing, but the very hope of the wicked ones will perish. When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes. (Proverbs 10:28; 11:7) Ultimately, Jehovah God and Christ Jesus render everlasting judgment in justice. 1 Corinthians 4:5."
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Esteemed626:

If the accused denies the accusation, the investigating elders should try to arrange a meeting with him and the accuser together. (Note: If the accusation involves child sexual abuse and the victim is currently a minor, the elders should contact the branch office before arranging a meeting with the child and the alleged abuser .) If the accuser or the accused is unwilling to meet with the elders or if the accused continues to deny the accusation of a single witness and the wrongdoing is not established, the elders will leave matters in Jehovah's hands. (Deut.19:15-17; 1 Tim 5:19, 24, 25; w95 11/1 pp. 28-29) The investigating elders should compose a record, sign it, put it in a sealed envelope, and place it in the congregations confidential file. Additional evidence may later come to light to establish matters." Shepherd the Flock of God pp.71,72

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Deadlytruth(m): 5:26am On Aug 03, 2018
TATIME:
Through with you Hairyrapunzel. wink wink wink

You should have continued Mr. Boastful.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You should have continued Mr. Boastful.
When someone sincere and honest hearted comes on board to learn about JWs i'll surface but as for you Hairyrapunzel go get yourself a plate of catfish and Guilder for relaxation and stop killing yourself because of your jealousy,hatred and envy towards Jehovah's Witnesses. grin grin grin For your information we remain the happiest group globally of all times since the nineteenth century so stop waisting your time,energy and data. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? / Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / "Koboko Night" Church Poster (photo)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.