Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. (46287 Views)

Lucky Obire: How Kenneth Gbagi Brutalized Me In 2019 - Ex Staff / I congratulate Amosun for losing the guber election of his political son -Fayose / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by vanbonattel: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
blessingsystem:

There is a huge gap for igbo politicians with the political stature to go for presidency, Rochas is the only person now with the money and all, but he is irresponsible and selfish.
With Andy as a governor under Buhari, and fighti g like a bull, he could secure the funds and the alignments required. Tough but possible.

verily verily I say unto you , any real goat can win as governor under PDP in enugu than Andy winning from APC.

2 Likes

Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by manpablo: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kenneth Okonkwo is only looking for a political favour from the federal level, that is quite understandable to the good people of Enugu State. But his unguarded utterances in recent times in fact ever since he started this his so called political journey he has repeatedly insulted entire Igbo race. he, Kenneth okonkwo do not only the people of Enugu state where he hails from but he has also offended and insulted the sensibilities of the entire Igbo race just because of the politics had the pittance he would be receiving from his pay master.

He used to be loved by all due to the role he play in several of his films. But as it stance now, that love and respect he amassed from his people has gone to the dust.

The fact remains that, he may be opportune to be compensated with a meager position by the APC government at the federal level that is if the APC will still be breathing by then but certainly he can never be any thing in the state.

1 Like

Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by Amumaigwe: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
tinsel:

Our problem in igbo is because of people like you. We cannot be in the same group.
The former Governor of California is a democrat and the wife a republican when he was a governor.

Little wonder they divorced. Two can never walk together except they agree. For same reason, we can never walk or work with Buhari.

1 Like

Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by vanbonattel: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Little wonder they divorced. Two can never walk together except they agree. For same reason, we can never walk or work with Buhari.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by Amumaigwe: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
godox2:

His political career or future is in the hands of GOD not you or igbo race, his decision to support BUHARI is purely his, I am a CHRISTIAN, a born again, but so far this is the BEST president we ever had. PRUDENT, DISCIPLINED and PASSION for Nigeria. He has his short commings, but he DOES NOT HATE Igbos. Some Igbos and fellow Christians hates him with passion because, they were brainwashed into believing that, he will make all Nigeroans to be muslims, all those points Kenneth mentioned in hia response were true, if he lied any where point it out and lets argue as matured people. The day boko haram captured my home town Mubi, I lost 2 of my younger brothers who are in their 30's and it happened in 2014 Sept. In 2014 Feb, herdsmen invaded my wife's villages in southern Kaduna and killed more than 200 people. Just for you to know I am a victim of the crises then. I will be praying for Kenneth, if it is the will of God for him to be the Governor of his state, NO ONE CAN STOP HIM.
In conclussion I dont only like Buhari, but I also love him. Dont follow the crowed that hate him, google and know about who he is and you will love him.
Thanks, no insults pls.

It is shocking that you have not seen the connection between your predicaments and the person of Muhamadu Buhari. Who is the grand patron of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN)? Who did Boko Haram nominate to represent then in the negotiation with the Goodluck administration? This twin body has caused you considerable losses and heartache. Therefore if you still cannot connect this dotted line at this crossroad of your lives as Northern Christian minority, then your deliverance might never come. Perhaps you know more than T.Y Danjuma et al.
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by coolscott(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
Deprofessional:
Kenneth Okonkwo, popularly known as Andy, is a man loved by all in the south east and among the Igbos.

His popularity came from his role in his debut film 'living in bondage'

I for one prefer watching any film that featured Andy because of his true to life acting as well as the story line of most of his films.

All these popularity and love are gradually coming to an end owing to the support Andy has for President Buhari and his unguarded utterances against his people.

Mr Andy has shown by his words that he is far from his people.

Whoever adviced him to drop Buhari's name in his infamous speech made a very big mistake. It has done an irreparable damage to whatever ambition he has.

Mr Andy seen not to know that the Igbos have suffered greatly under Buhari's government.

Mr Andy insulted the sensibilities of the Igbos when he stated that the Igbos will wander in the wilderness for 8 years if they fail to vote Buhari.

Noting can be more insulting than this. This has led the youths of Enugu state declaring that Andy will never be governor in Enugu state.

Mr Andy failed to learn from the predicament of former governor of Anambra state Mr Ngige.

Mr Andy failed to understand that Buhari hates the Igbos both in words and actions and has chosen to parlay with a known enemy. Thus, the igbos in Enugu state have chosen to kill his political ambition.

I have long seen him present to us (the world) a persona that is fake.

And his smiles always seem to just sit on his face.

I'm not Ibgo but have seen him (more frequently) in recent months on tv
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by Aldebaran(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lol cheesy
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by holyfather(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
Almaiga:
Trash, Keneth Okwonkwo just made himself a popular figure amongst Eastern Politicians. If he fails the win the election he is vying for, a good federal appointment awaits him when Buhari is finally re-elected.
The guy is a rare smart Politician from the East. cheesy

Nigerians are wiser now.

You got the words out of my mouth
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by BabaIbo: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

Mr man. I said "Jobless" like you said people with valid business dont engage in online arguments, what does that tell you? These ones here online cursing and hating are jobless hate filled ones. Morever you forgot today is Saturday. Common sense

You didn't say "jobless ones" Mr man, you used "most...", when did "jobless" and "most" become synonym of eachother, you tagged them all. I'm not after your opinion or if you're an igbo/yoruba/hausa/others, my own is you should learn how to compose your messages instead of involving those that are not part of it due to your wrong use of words.
Even if today is Saturday, that doesn't mean people should involve themselves in unreasonable argument. BTW Saturday is also part of business day for those in commerce/trade world even some companies work on Saturday. what I'm saying is you should always direct your grievances or argument to whoever you are arguing with. Q.E.D
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by BabaIbo: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
igbodefender:

What did he say that is a crime, biko nu?

Do you think he will keep to his words that Igbo will produce the president in 2023?

Be practical about it forget about words of mouth, view it from different angles... it's well sha.
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by godox2(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Amumaigwe:

It is shocking that you have not seen the connection between your predicaments and the person of Muhamadu Buhari. Who is the grand patron of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN)? Who did Boko Haram nominate to represent then in the negotiation with the Goodluck administration? This twin body has caused you considerable losses and heartache. Therefore if you still cannot connect this dotted line at this crossroad of your lives as Northern Christian minority, then your deliverance might never come. Perhaps you know more than T.Y Danjuma et al.

What stops TY Danjuma and GEJ from jailing him before he became president?Are they afraid of him or he is above the law?When same “herdsmen” were killing people in North Central from 2013 to 2015, where were David Mark, GEJ and TY Danjuma?Aftet giving him power and he started seizing their Oil well they want to bring crisis they REFUSED to manage at the early stage against him.
Herdsmen crisis started in 2012 from Plateau, but was poorly handled, it has turned to monster because Buhari is fulani he is now responsible for their acts.
Re: How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. by godox2(m): 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
Franking:

Which God? Don't be foolish, there's no God who will come and vote for him. U are one of those who hallucinate.

Voters' life and hands belongs to who?
God can change ANY situation within a second. 12 Years back I cant immagine myself supporting Buhari, but today I am CAMPAIGNING for him.
I am a Christian and believe in GOD. Proudly Anglican!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed On Lekki Shootings: DJ Switch Will Be Exposed Soon / Okorocha Catches Alleged PDP Loyalists With Ballot Boxes In Imo (photos) / 3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.